Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Elemental Level 60 :toot:

What do I need to know to be ready for Baldesion Arsenal? Are there particular Logos I should be carrying in on SMN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

What do I need to know to be ready for Baldesion Arsenal? Are there particular Logos I should be carrying in on SMN?

If you want a good run of it your best bet is one arranged on discord. There's a dedicated discord for it on Chaos server and probably the others too. They'll have a guide that tells you what they expect you to have.

(For example, the Chaos discord wants this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O4nTEg3W9FO9cK4NA0YpCocVWpw6x8mRWGgPS9DIFys/edit#gid=1563602331 )

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

generally for your first time run you can just stack Wisdom or Skirmisher alongside Remembered for all your slots. There's more efficient or high damage setups but player damage is so high now that you can focus on dodging mechanics and not worry about sandbagging the clear or anything like that.

Listen to callouts, don't run ahead, and don't fret if you die during the last boss, because there's always another run.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 13, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just unlocked Manipulation on one of my crafters, I uh...should have been doing my crafter quest cause this is insanely useful.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Always Do Your Job Quests

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Unless Kan-E-Senna broke your dad's kneecaps

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just unlocked Manipulation on one of my crafters, I uh...should have been doing my crafter quest cause this is insanely useful.

I'm not sure how you'd make a lot of endgame crafts without it tbh

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I'm not sure how you'd make a lot of endgame crafts without it tbh

I'm not gonna say it's impossible to do expert crafting without it, but you'd have to rely on Good/Excellent RNG and proper use of their context actions to a degree that I can't see being either profitable or fun. It also vastly simplifies macro crafting for leveling up your jobs, so there's no reason not to knuckle down and get through the quests, IMO.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

while leveling the heavensward and stormblood quests are also an excellent source of xp for the level they're first available at, too

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Zokari posted:

do people actually worry about running out of money to teleport?

More than once has pentamelding crafting sets over the years resulted in me buying a few too many materia to gamble for that dopamine hit on a successful meld.

Those situations have left me with so little gil I've needed to queue as an adventurer in need in duty finder just to get a bit of gil to even teleport.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Itzena posted:

The ones that confuse me aren’t the ones posted at 10% of the going price, but the ones going for like half ”sell to vendor” price.

I mean, they had to interact with their retainers to get to that point so just get them to vendor it for you?

People love undercutting more than life itself

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Those sickos.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

The auto raise one. It’s not guaranteed but it’s extra layer of safety
For a caster you’ll want wisdom of the elder, although skirmishes should suffice. But wisdom of the elder is easy to obtain and a bigger boost. Both of these are baseline and there’s basically no reason to forgo them unless you already know what you’re doing and are targeting a specific combo. Keep in mind you can apply auto raise and switch sets but you will lose Wisdom if you do so.

If you want more after that, death is great to bring because it’s a genuine time save to death the big mobs and they can be kind of dangerous, so have a lot of people fishing for it is impactful for something not hard to include. Magic Burst is your more standard DPS steroid cooldown for simple ways to up your damage. Rapid Recast is good on black mage but probably somewhat immaterial on smn

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I still can't believe how lucky I got with my BA run. I had literally just unlocked it and had no idea what I was doing, and just then a group was coming through that had some people drop out so I got randomly invited to join. They sent me the Discord link, I listened to the callouts, and got my Orb Mount on that first run. I had like, no essences set, because again, no idea what I was doing.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
CAFE did like 3 runs back to back last night just cause they could. there's lots of opportunity to get BA done

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I really should have looked up the Qitana Ravel weapons before deciding to run it three times trying to get one I could use. I was really impressed by the designs of the spears, bows, and staves on display on the bunny ladies, decided I wanted some Ronkan aesthetic for my own. Got an axe, 2 scythes, and a bow before finally getting a grimoire. It's so goddamn underwhelming. It's a fine, understated, mystical book, but I didn't want understated, I wanted inscribed giant bronze plates.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

showy books seem to be quite difficult to come across I'll admit

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Would a Ronkan Grimoire suit your needs? Check the nutsy vendors in the Crystarium or Eulmore.

I'm having a hard time finding a good screenshot without just buying the dang thing and holding it myself, but the orange strips slowly pulse, and I think it's slightly more bronze-y than that image, in most lighting.

edit: This is the best I can do without outright purchasing it.

(Cat ears not included, of course.)

Maximum Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 13, 2023

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dareon posted:

I really should have looked up the Qitana Ravel weapons before deciding to run it three times trying to get one I could use. I was really impressed by the designs of the spears, bows, and staves on display on the bunny ladies, decided I wanted some Ronkan aesthetic for my own. Got an axe, 2 scythes, and a bow before finally getting a grimoire. It's so goddamn underwhelming. It's a fine, understated, mystical book, but I didn't want understated, I wanted inscribed giant bronze plates.

I feel like farming weapons on old maps that aren't guaranteed each piece is rough already. Mostly I wait for the retainer venture to return with potential old weps for glam and hope for the best each day. The only thing I think is worse is farming AR for glam that isn't popular.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I wish it was a little easier to get the level 70 8 man trial/raid Blue mage spells. I joined a Blu discord and the only people on there and in pf who seem interested in 8 man content are Morbol prog groups.

How am I supposed to help them prog if they won't help me get my Omega spells...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zaggitz posted:

I wish it was a little easier to get the level 70 8 man trial/raid Blue mage spells. I joined a Blu discord and the only people on there and in pf who seem interested in 8 man content are Morbol prog groups.

How am I supposed to help them prog if they won't help me get my Omega spells...

Have you checked PF? Crystal PF always seems to have active BLU learning groups at the usual peak times, and they fill up reliably. That's how I got all my spells.

Edit: oh, you said you did, I'm dumb

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Would a Ronkan Grimoire suit your needs? Check the nutsy vendors in the Crystarium or Eulmore.

I'm having a hard time finding a good screenshot without just buying the dang thing and holding it myself, but the orange strips slowly pulse, and I think it's slightly more bronze-y than that image, in most lighting.

edit: This is the best I can do without outright purchasing it.

(Cat ears not included, of course.)

Oooh, yeah, that's almost exactly what I was hoping for. The rest of the Ronkan stuff looks great, too, I'm gonna be needing a lot of nuts.

I'm reminded of how I needed to wait until I hit Ishgard and Clan Centurio before I could get a pair of plain old ninja swords. An aesthetic that is still significantly lacking.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, my favorite thing is books that are Very Large but whose designer didn't feel the need to add a bunch of extraneous bits and bobs. I appreciate that the anima books are tiny little moleskine notebooks until you open them, and my all-time favorite is Cantamina Thavnairia, which is just a huge regular book.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Orthos static went to floor 40 today.

"Okay twister, you need to be moving when it goes off."

Nobody except me did so, including the person who was saying that. I mis-stepped later, did not pull off an amazing solo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w_TmB3ggc4

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

First thing I noticed was the 590k damage taken, then the score. That's a big "oof"

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The Ronkan weapons in general are pretty great. I had a complete set to match my mainstay glam during ShB. Ended up throwing them out to safe space after I got tired of the color orange and embraced the blue mooncat lifestyle.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Bruceski posted:

"Okay twister, you need to be moving when it goes off."

Nobody except me did so, including the person who was saying that. I mis-stepped later, did not pull off an amazing solo.

If I had a nickel for every time I've died to a mechanic I correctly called, I'd have...a whole lot of nickels :(

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Theris posted:

If I had a nickel for every time I've died to a mechanic I correctly called, I'd have...a whole lot of nickels :(

Yeah, me too. No blame against them.

I've been satisfied with the bosses in Orthos so far. 10 feels a bit too easy (not that things need to be annoying right out the gate) and 20 is a single mechanic done well. 30 and 40 have been a hoot.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, my favorite thing is books that are Very Large but whose designer didn't feel the need to add a bunch of extraneous bits and bobs. I appreciate that the anima books are tiny little moleskine notebooks until you open them, and my all-time favorite is Cantamina Thavnairia, which is just a huge regular book.

Try the Nymeian Royal Marine Codex, from Gubal, it's just a big yellow book and with a name like a Scholar can't not own a copy

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

If your evening needs to be punched up a bit, check out the latest chapter of the Stormblood LP!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

How the heck

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dareon posted:

How the heck

The rare concurrence where everybody in the collection of 72 randos who know what they're doing got filtered into one team. Kind of curious what the detailed score breakdown was, I bet the Mael here would have been well into the negatives if the final score allowed it.

An effective murderball is the most fun and by far the fastest way to win Frontlines. Shame it's so hard to set one up without a lot of luck in who your teammates are.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dareon posted:

How the heck

The Flames formed a fast-moving deathball that was about 60% tanks.

We had a score of about 350 until five minutes before the game ended where the deathball just collided into us on a point not far from our spawn. I died at 300 points and by the time I respawned we were down to 50 points.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I think if you queue in as dark knight and see three or more other dark knights in the alliance you just Kinda Know you're gonna rock it

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Meanwhile I keep loading in to teams that are almost entirely DPS, with maybe two healers and no tanks at all in the entire alliance. These teams tend to get mulched even if somebody is trying to steer the herd (but usually it's just dead silent in chat).

A lot of people just don't realize or don't care how big of an impact tanks make in PvP.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dark Knights have to be the most obnoxious job to kill in PVP. Die already! :mad:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I do frontlines exclusively as a bard and I'm probably not doing enough but it's fun and I enjoy it and I can't play it in CC so frontline is the only place I can play it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Rand Brittain posted:

I like the Radiant books because they're thicker than most books. I want more pages, not bigger pages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I should give playing DRK or WAR in Frontlines a try. One time I had a GNB on the other team never die, get 10 frags, and deal+take about 2.2 million damage and I have absolutely zero idea how they swung that