Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arghy posted:

Anyone else getting poo poo performance tonight or was my internet just flipping out? I was doing poo poo like dodging to have an entire swarm pop around me and being body blocked to the point i couldn't dodge anymore. I got repeatedly hit from behind with nothing behind me, basically phantom hits. I think there was just too many enemies as we were doing heresy and the prior 2 heresy runs weren't that bad. The runs before were fine then all of the sudden it felt like the servers were dieing for me and my friend.

Anecdotally I've been running into way more "phantom hits" with my Thunder hammer where it looks like the hit connects and it makes the sound but doesn't actually do anything and the special charge isn't expended. Noticed it with Eviscerator as well.

Def been surrounded by a horde like you described and been unable to dodge, just happened the other night but only had it happen once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I've had those situations happen to me twice; both times when the game was getting nasty latency issues. Enemies took a second to actually react to getting hit, and half my swings would just whiff. On heresy and above it would invariably lead to a wipe.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

deep dish peat moss / crates

I actually stumbled upon this a few nights ago where I'd gotten up on a box waiting for a hunting pack to show up and noticed that they seemed to not go for me when seemingly they should have otherwise. The next pack that came later in the map, told the stack I was playing with let's all try getting on boxes and 2 hounds made it close enough that they should have pounced someone, and just didn't.

Nice little trick to balance the get thrown through walls or game crash issues!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

You can also climb up onto the super high box / sensor system stack at the back of the "Archivum CommsPlex" finale event which gives you sight lines over the entire field and makes you unmelee-able. Only really worth it if you have a lasgun though.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Jerkface posted:

Its fun OP

I had a PUG group where we made high intensity feel like low intensity it was such a cake walk, everyone was very skilled.

honestly I love hi intensity damnation just 20minutes of pure adrenalin rush. Especially as vet with 3 skilled priests, they keep up the pace properly. Mages are cool too for cc and special support.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Counterpoint: Encouraging the enemy to focus fire actively makes the game harder. If the AI wanted to really go for the throat, it would always focus down one vulnerable person at a time to minimize the value of toughness regen. A ranged enemy often doesn’t have sight of the entire team at once; if they’re ignoring you instead of 2 or 1 teammates then you’re forcing them take 50% or 100% more damage, respectively.

Camo expert / path exploiting is an especially bad idea for Vets since the class is fantastic at tanking ranged damage. Between At Arms Length, Unwavering Focus and Counterfire, you effectively regen more than 50 Toughness per sec even before taking coherency regen into account. And if you use Sustained Fire instead you can regen a burst of 600+ toughness on demand, which is even better in most circumstances.

When I’m playing my Ogryn, it can be really obvious when other people are using Camo Expert. Normally I can go running along the side of a mixed firefight, sliding from cover to cover and then start chewing up the shooters in melee. Fight ends and I take zero health damage. But sometimes the moment I step out of cover I see laser sights from across the entire front and my toughness evaporates despite sliding. Sure enough, there’s always multiple Vets on the team when this happens and it’s not hard to figure out what feats they’re using.

I’ve played a couple rounds with Camo Expert, just to see for myself. I found it tactically advantageous for myself, strategically inefficient for the team, and extremely boring. I was able to kill enemy shooters slightly more easily, had to abandon good positions to rez teammates noticeably more often, and started muttering to myself that a stationary shooting gallery isn’t very fun.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'd have less of a problem with hi intensity 5 if a) people didn't quiz me on my build when I joined and b) I had any ability to change my load out after hot dropping.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
"What's your build"

"Good enough to play damnation"

If they drop gently caress em, saved yourself some time.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Please tell me what gun you have if I ask because then I might change my load out to better balance the team :<

Like I pretty much purely run Bolter on my vet because its way too fun, but if another vet has bolter I'll consider swapping to autogun or lasgun for the more consistent damage. And when I play zealot I'll go revolver if no one has anything to deal with ranged so we don't end up with a bunch of flamers

Ive never heard of anyone asking about actual feats in lobby, that stuff is like meaningless to me personally anyone who would throw a fit over what feats someone else has is an rear end in a top hat
\/\/

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 13, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well, gun is loadout. Build is perks. Not the same request, i'm not gonna change my build because someone is pissy about it, gun's, sure. Playing without a sniper deletion cannon is pain

E: It was very funny when the only solution we had for snipers was four vets sliding around the corner autofiring our braced guns, though.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Nothing cooler than 3 vets with bolters and nobody is dealing with the giant wave of shooters on a ledge.

Edit: To expand on this, I've been unable to move away from a vraks mk3 or the XII lasgun as a vet because there's honestly no better class to deal with the waves of shooters which is the main reason you're going to have a wipe in Damnation. I just get tired when I play a different class and see not a single vet dedicated to taking out shooters, or at the very least, a vet pub is shooting into a melee horde I'm dealing with while I'm also getting pelted by scab gunners spread across an open room.

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 13, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Vet with shotgun :mad:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jerkface posted:

matchmaking has a sense of humor. I swapped to my autopistol/thunder hammer loadout to try it out as I got Tier 4 pinning fire off an emperor's gift and have a THer with double impact perks. Loaded into a damnation game where we had:

Revolver Vet with Tac Axe
Shotgun Vet with Powersword
Bolter zealot with Tac Axe

It was incredibly stupid and we barely won - but meme guns can get it done. Thought it was interesting that no one had an "ideal" loadout. Worst was it was an ogryn heavy game so the shotgun and revolver out of the vets were just not cutting it.

Matchmaking AI has to be doing it on purpose too

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I'd love for them to include player loadouts on the lobby screen because apparently switching characters at the lobby is too big of an ask.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

CaptainAssholay posted:

Nothing cooler than 3 vets with bolters and nobody is dealing with the giant wave of shooters on a ledge.

Edit: To expand on this, I've been unable to move away from a vraks mk3 or the XII lasgun as a vet because there's honestly no better class to deal with the waves of shooters which is the main reason you're going to have a wipe in Damnation. I just get tired when I play a different class and see not a single vet dedicated to taking out shooters, or at the very least, a vet pub is shooting into a melee horde I'm dealing with while I'm also getting pelted by scab gunners spread across an open room.

as a primary bolter vet its often the exact opposite experience for me, as I find myself having to deal with everything cqc, the 10 shooters midrange and the 5+ gunners afar because the 2 ogryns in my team are unable of keeping at least stray melee poo poo off my back so I can remove major threats. Then they fire their dumb rear end grenades into the crowd spreading the nicely packed gunners all over the place just when I entered volley fire.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

I've been having decent success on Damnation with the shotgun so far, particularly in groups that lack the ability to quickly-kill elites. As long as you can keep rounds in the chamber, you can keep whole groups knocked down.

Still, you need far too many rounds to deal with enemies for how much ammo you're given. If there's multiple vets on the team I just end up saving the shotgun for emergencies with how ammo-hungry is is.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man I know crossplay is gonna be hard to implement but they really need cross-save. Gamepass population seems a bit dire. I can fairly consistently get quick diff3 matches but 4s and 5s are sparse.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

ChickenHeart posted:

I've been having decent success on Damnation with the shotgun so far, particularly in groups that lack the ability to quickly-kill elites. As long as you can keep rounds in the chamber, you can keep whole groups knocked down.

Still, you need far too many rounds to deal with enemies for how much ammo you're given. If there's multiple vets on the team I just end up saving the shotgun for emergencies with how ammo-hungry is is.

The shotgun needs a bonus where it does increasing damage multipliers the closer you are to the target. I know you technically do more damage if a single target eats all of your pellets, but even then the damage is pretty piss poor like you said. You should be rewarded for getting in the face of something by doing a lot more damage and if you want to play it safe, you can stay farther back and CC groups like it already does.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Man I know crossplay is gonna be hard to implement but they really need cross-save. Gamepass population seems a bit dire. I can fairly consistently get quick diff3 matches but 4s and 5s are sparse.

I'm not sure how sparse it is compared to Steam but I know during normal business hours in the day, getting a Damnation match going is a pain.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

They need to add a plague marine to this game, imagine being a warrior who has fought for 10,000 years

and you got this little fuckin guy following you around

I want one

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

CaptainAssholay posted:

I'd love for them to include player loadouts on the lobby screen because apparently switching characters at the lobby is too big of an ask.

You can't even stay in a team anymore while swapping characters its so loving bad. This has got to be the biggest joke of all the live service games that have released haha. I want to see meetings with the delusional CEO announcing a live service game when it's barely functioning. At this point new content will come with months of broken content and they'll never be able to justify sales.

They should drastically cut cosmetic costs for a quick influx, i'd spend $20 for like 3-4 full cosmetic sets but i'm definitely not spending $10 for 1 when everything else is a dumpster fire. In comparison i've bought every single DRG DLC.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CaptainAssholay posted:

At the very least I would like everyone to be holding their ranged weapons instead of melee weapons pre-mission, really don't care what everyone chooses to bash things with, but ranged loadouts vary and matter a lot more for everything going smoothly.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Arghy posted:

They should drastically cut cosmetic costs for a quick influx, i'd spend $20 for like 3-4 full cosmetic sets but i'm definitely not spending $10 for 1 when everything else is a dumpster fire. In comparison i've bought every single DRG DLC.

That’s where I am at, I even bought the second drg supporter pack and I’m on a drg hiatus.

The amount I get for my darktide dude just isn’t worth it at those prices.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/71

quote:

Normally, Sire Melk doesn't actually start to track your contract progress until you talk to him first every week. He similarly holds the weekly completion bonus hostage until you talk to him.

With BetterMelk, you don't have to talk to him for either of these: you will automatically accept new contracts and automatically collect the weekly completion bonus. You can also enable messages to notify you when you have new* contracts (disabled by default) or when you've finished all your contracts (enabled by default).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, noticed that mod this morning and... it's not great that modders have to do that instead of fatshark and likely contributed to a lot of missed progress since launch, hell, my friend had that exact issue last week where he started playing again but made 0 progress on any weeklies because he didn't check.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 13, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I love playing Darktide but the regression (in terms of QOL things) from VT2 to DT has me constantly wondering what in the fresh hell they were doing over there?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ChickenHeart posted:

I've had good success with the blessing that increases damage based on an enemy's Stagger. I suspect but cannot confirm that the damage multiplier listed is at 100% stagger but that enemies can actually have more than 100% stagger in some cases because sometimes it just wrecks things it shouldn't. But you really have to focus on shooting the things your team is already staggering to be most effective.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Wow, I just had a real weird mission. Joined a lobby, we loaded in and I made it partway up the initial starting area before a weird screen flash that took me to what I think was a far up birds-eye view of the level before I got disconnected with an error code. Didn't crash, just disconnected and asked to reconnect immediately.

Made it in and fighting was laggy af, enemies could hit me but I would constantly swing and things and after a seconds the hit would register or it'd be dead because someone else killed it. Thankfully I was Zealot or it could have been real bad. It evened out toward the end and I was able to test my new TH out, headtaker 4 is fantastic with it! Deleted a Plague Ogryn too, little more set up time than with Thrust and the damage is slightly worse but it's still TH damage!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I love playing Darktide but the regression (in terms of QOL things) from VT2 to DT has me constantly wondering what in the fresh hell they were doing over there?

I'm also curious of that + whatever systems they came up with that they felt they had to scrap and start over with during the long delayed development, if this is what released, what was deemed so bad they had to redesign it from scratch and delay the game?

Were they just unable to figure out how to code a weapon customization system? is that why most of the guns have no flashlights/scopes?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 13, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
People on reddit are right now praising the reroll mod + hating on fatshark for the need for that mod to exist.

Case in point:

That is 1916 clicks saved and a solid hour of the mod smashing that reroll button as fast as possible to get the desired t4 mod.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Evil Kit posted:

Wow, I just had a real weird mission. Joined a lobby, we loaded in and I made it partway up the initial starting area before a weird screen flash that took me to what I think was a far up birds-eye view of the level before I got disconnected with an error code. Didn't crash, just disconnected and asked to reconnect immediately.

Made it in and fighting was laggy af, enemies could hit me but I would constantly swing and things and after a seconds the hit would register or it'd be dead because someone else killed it. Thankfully I was Zealot or it could have been real bad. It evened out toward the end and I was able to test my new TH out, headtaker 4 is fantastic with it! Deleted a Plague Ogryn too, little more set up time than with Thrust and the damage is slightly worse but it's still TH damage!

I experience this like 1/4 of the time. During beta what you're describing would precipitate a "nonexisting channel" error and disconnect, whereas now it can be a 2001 or 4008 error. I assumed it was just server lag but if other people aren't getting this very often then idk.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
is deadly accurate actually good or should i double up on crit blessings on this headhunter autogun by getting crucian roulette, i already have headhunter (more crit until it procs per headshot on it)

i feel like i should actually drop headhunter for crucian, tbh im not that good at chaining headshots anyway

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Deadly accurate + crucian roulette pair together nicely and can melt tough enemies halfway through your clip.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
fair enough, crucian roulette is probably plenty enough crit chance, thank you

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mendrian posted:

I experience this like 1/4 of the time. During beta what you're describing would precipitate a "nonexisting channel" error and disconnect, whereas now it can be a 2001 or 4008 error. I assumed it was just server lag but if other people aren't getting this very often then idk.

This was the first time I ever saw it so it really threw me off. That loving sucks if you have to deal with it regularly, goddamn.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Another day of melk selling me 5 (FIVE) different headhunter autoguns.
gently caress you melk.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

People on reddit are right now praising the reroll mod + hating on fatshark for the need for that mod to exist.

Case in point:

That is 1916 clicks saved and a solid hour of the mod smashing that reroll button as fast as possible to get the desired t4 mod.

Imagine how dead your brain would be, and how easy it would be to not register the hit until you'd already rerolled it again

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Id scream, tbh

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

What's better, hoping I get a rank 4 pinning fire one day, or putting that one power with continuous fire blessing.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

MuffinsAndPie posted:

What's better, hoping I get a rank 4 pinning fire one day, or putting that one power with continuous fire blessing.

replace cavalcade with Blaze Away and just find a better base to try and roll Pinning Fire/Blaze Away on.

I will say with Brunt's armory it's now much easier to find high stat bases since you finally have a place to dump dockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

I'll give that a go