Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
blew my mind the first time i met someone who ate sunflower seeds with the shells on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Sunflower and pumpkin seeds I split the shell with my teeth and eat the seed spitting out the hull.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

So anyone else eat pineapples with the skin? It's a bit difficult, but adds a nice crunch.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

It's bc it's funny as gently caress to watch a child eat wax

It's like watching someone eat a tamale for the first time and they're trying to figure out if they are supposed to eat the corn husk.

Or watching someone think they're supposed to peel the plastic off the top of their boba cup.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I once tried eating edamame beans without shelling them first, because I'd never seen them before and didn't know how you were supposed to eat them.

It was a bit chewy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My girlfriend and her mom both eat peaches with the skin on. They think I'm the weird one.

I've never seen anyone not eat the skin on a peach.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

AlphaKeny1 posted:

You know those small cuties oranges? There are people who eat those with the skin on, too.

yeah that's normal. not sure what they're called. haven't eaten one in a decade.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
all this fruit stuff is really weird, if you're going to eat the peel at least make it something normal like an avocado

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

busalover posted:

yeah that's normal. not sure what they're called. haven't eaten one in a decade.

You mean Kumquats? It's not like there'd be much left on those if you removed the skin.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Aramis posted:

You mean Kumquats? It's not like there'd be much left on those if you removed the skin.

Cuties aren't kumquats, they're mandarins. Eating mandarins with the peel on is weird.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My girlfriend and her mom both eat peaches with the skin on. They think I'm the weird one.

That’s because you are.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

All you peach skin eaters are going to jail.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I remember being confused as to whether or not I was supposed to eat the casing on a summer sausage. Answer: no, you are not supposed to eat the casing on a summer sausage.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Stoatbringer posted:

I once tried eating edamame beans without shelling them first, because I'd never seen them before and didn't know how you were supposed to eat them.

It was a bit chewy.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. It just seemed natural, like peapods vs shelled peas. Mine was tough enough that I figured it out pretty fast, though.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

All you peach skin eaters are going to jail.

I meticulously shave my peaches, thank you very much,

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It's like watching someone eat a tamale for the first time and they're trying to figure out if they are supposed to eat the corn husk.

Or watching someone think they're supposed to peel the plastic off the top of their boba cup.

The first time I ate a tamal I ate it husk and all

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

When I was a child I used to peel peaches because that's what my mom would do when before slicing them up and giving them to me in a dish with a toothpick. Then I discovered just putting them under running water and just rubbing the fuzz off them. No biggie and if the peach is especially juicy the skin helps keep it in. My mom no longer peels peaches either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I bet you guys pull the feathers off a chicken before you eat it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Waltzing Along posted:

I bet you guys pull the feathers off a chicken before you eat it.

Did you know that you don’t have to eat the beak either?

https://youtu.be/mR8tMc_smO8

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kill your famil

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
A right wing grifter origin story

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Mozi posted:

all this fruit stuff is really weird, if you're going to eat the peel at least make it something normal like an avocado

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The bottle/container someone spits their sunflower seed husks into is cursed as all gently caress. Nastier than chewing tobacco spit bottles somehow. I can't stand the smell of sunflower seeds because of it

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

The bottle/container someone spits their sunflower seed husks into is cursed as all gently caress. Nastier than chewing tobacco spit bottles somehow. I can't stand the smell of sunflower seeds because of it

I remember as a kid opening the doors on my older cousin's truck and the spit out sunflower shells just spilling out onto the ground.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

My 10 y.o.'s (paraphrased) red flags for a poo poo video are:
  • Visible microphones
  • Neon lights/LCDs as background decor
  • Talking over crafting/creating which does not describe exactly what's happening
  • A video game being played but you can see the face of the person playing and/or a chat stream
  • A mention of liking and subscribing which contains a variation of '(aggressive verb) that like button'
  • Hosted by spouses
  • Creator's description of self as 'the channel'
  • "What's up guys" right out of the gate
  • Big white sans-serif text in the thumbnail

What is your daughter’s opinion on thumbnails with people basically making the 😱 face?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1635310736007217154

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I've never been able to eat shell-on sunflower seeds and do the whole spit-the shell thing. It's literally the only reason I never made it to MLB.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

CelticPredator posted:

Kill your famil

Hard agree

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's trite to say that Sesame Street got gentrified but.... /gestures broadly

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

close the thread

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfy9yc2Crho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QRc8Ht07kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWRCEwZcTc8

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol who, in 20-loving-23, is in the ears of the execs at Children's Workshop going "hey these toddlers gonna love slurp juices."

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Blue Moonlight posted:

What is your daughter’s opinion on thumbnails with people basically making the 😱 face?

I just asked and apparently 'fake pictureshop thumbnails' is on the list now. Good call

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This guy appeared in my YouTube recommendations a week or so ago and I literally can’t figure out why he’s supposed to be interesting. I tried watching one of his videos and it was like 2 hours of him staring dull-eyed into the camera with literally nothing interesting happening

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Frank Frank posted:

. I tried watching one of his videos and it was like 2 hours of him staring dull-eyed into the camera with literally nothing interesting happening

Turn on ur monitor

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

This guy appeared in my YouTube recommendations a week or so ago and I literally can’t figure out why he’s supposed to be interesting. I tried watching one of his videos and it was like 2 hours of him staring dull-eyed into the camera with literally nothing interesting happening
People are that lonely that he actually seems like a non-threatening friend to them.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

Vakal posted:

I remember as a kid opening the doors on my older cousin's truck and the spit out sunflower shells just spilling out onto the ground.

one time at work i saw a bunch of sunflower seed shells that had been discarded on the floor in front of one of the urinals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Funny deep voice and vulgar metaphors. That's pretty much it. He originally got big like 10 years ago doing gears of war achievement guides iirc.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

It's become awfully cluttered, yeah. I recently asked my daughter to list some signs of a crappy YouTube video that costs more attention than it gives you in enjoyment, just to check on her progress as a future media-savvy person.

My 10 y.o.'s (paraphrased) red flags for a poo poo video are:
  • Visible microphones
  • Neon lights/LCDs as background decor
  • Talking over crafting/creating which does not describe exactly what's happening
  • A video game being played but you can see the face of the person playing and/or a chat stream
  • A mention of liking and subscribing which contains a variation of '(aggressive verb) that like button'
  • Hosted by spouses
  • Creator's description of self as 'the channel'
  • "What's up guys" right out of the gate
  • Big white sans-serif text in the thumbnail

Why does your daughter hate jerma?