Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Has anyone had luck running the G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL36-36-36-96 memory bundled with their 7900X at more aggressive timings like 30-36-36-76 or does that not really matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
GN finally got around to releasing their review on the Peerless Assassin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4hyIHe1PM

TL;dr is that the Thermalright should absolutely be the standard recommendation for an aftermarket air cooler, as long as it fits your case.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

grack posted:

GN finally got around to releasing their review on the Peerless Assassin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4hyIHe1PM

TL;dr is that the Thermalright should absolutely be the standard recommendation for an aftermarket air cooler, as long as it fits your case.

Holy poo poo. Too bad this is basically unobtanium in :norway:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Is there a good source of cheap 120mm fans? The fans on my wife's pc are becoming very rattly, and I have one or two that should probably be replaced as well. I don't need fancy LED poo poo or 2000 rpm speed, just inexpensive and reasonably reliable.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Basically any PWM fans are sub-$10 now. I like bequiet's Pure Wings fans personally.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Nix Panicus posted:

Is there a good source of cheap 120mm fans? The fans on my wife's pc are becoming very rattly, and I have one or two that should probably be replaced as well. I don't need fancy LED poo poo or 2000 rpm speed, just inexpensive and reasonably reliable.

Arctic p12 pwm 5 pack for around $30

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

grack posted:

Very glad to hear this, I've been getting bits and pieces here and there together for a PC upgrade, and I snagged a Thermalright Frost Commander (which, from what I can tell, is basically just the Peerless Assassin but with a 140mm fan in the middle instead of a 120mm fan) brand new off eBay for like $45. Looking forward to seeing how cool it keeps my i5-12600KF once I get everything assembled. :)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
From what I recall back when I had to look up Chinese and German outlets to find anything on Thermalright’s offering, the Commander was competitive with Noctua’s best. I have it’s lesser sibling, the 140 Frost Spirit (fewer heart pipes), and it’s been great with a 11600K, which is less but still fairly power hungry.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

grack posted:

It would have been nice for them to talk about differences between the SE and non-SE versions since the SE seems to be what’s sold these days, but feeling good about my white Peerless Assassin SE.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Josh Lyman posted:

It would have been nice for them to talk about differences between the SE and non-SE versions since the SE seems to be what’s sold these days, but feeling good about my white Peerless Assassin SE.

The SE doesn't have cover plates and has a bit less heatsink mass.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rinkles posted:

The SE doesn't have cover plates and has a bit less heatsink mass.
My understanding is it has lighter fans and 3 fewer fins on each side. That probably doesn't materially affect performance but it would be nice to know whether it's like 0.5C difference or 2C difference.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BrainDance posted:

Hey, I just need a part recommendation and I can't find a more appropriate thread.

I run USB3 over fiber into my theater room, there's a bunch plugged into stuff over there but one thing I've been doing is getting my main office computer connected to it, because that computer has a 4090 in it. I messed with nvidia gamestream and everything but wasn't completely happy with the results and found a way better solution, hdmi also over fiber.

So the USB3 over fiber thing was originally for running vr out there, but now I'm thinking, why not get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and my bluetooth controllers all plugged in there too? Problem is, when I got the hardware for the USB3 over fiber thing I only planned for VR, which is USB3. Doing USB2 and USB3 over fiber is more expensive so I went with just USB3. If I plug anything that's USB2 into it it just wont work.

Do explicitly USB3 bluetooth adapters exist? Because unless I can find a way to blast bluetooth through walls and about 20m that's gonna be my only option. And if they exist, can anyone recommend one? I went looking myself but "USB Version" is not a thing they put up front on the ad for the millions of bluetooth adapters out there.

I'm not sure, but I would say try a recent Bluetooth 5.0 or higher USB adapter like this one from ASUS: https://www.asus.com/us/networking-iot-servers/adapters/all-series/usb-bt500/

I can't say for sure it will work on USB 3.0 only, but I know it works natively in Windows 10 with no drivers, which my previous adapters did not. Worst case you'd need to return it, but it seems worth a try.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Has anyone had luck running the G.Skill DDR5-6000 CL36-36-36-96 memory bundled with their 7900X at more aggressive timings like 30-36-36-76 or does that not really matter?
For anyone who was curious, I ran the more aggressive timings like AMD told reviewers of Ryzen 7000 to do and my system ran 3DMark without any issues. It scored <1% higher than the EXPO timings so it doesn’t really matter.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 13, 2023

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

3DMark isn't very memory sensitive, it's more designed to isolate the GPU's performance. On Zen 4, memory speed/timings can make a fairly decent difference in games though.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

7700X + ASRock X670E PG Riptide + 32GB DDR5-6000 for $499: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4538151

Crazy value, and pretty much a match for Micro Center's AM5 bundles. Actually, Micro Center's $500 7700X bundle has a B650 board, so this is better.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Functionally speaking what is the difference between these two models of cpu fan? A few bits of wording in the descriptions are different but I'm not seeing anything performance wise and I feel like I'm missing something

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S77DVDS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09YT5BQD9

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

power crystals posted:

According to reddit scuttlebutt (based on real estate purchases, I think) the other two are Miami Florida and Charlotte NC.

I'll go nuts if it's anywhere in NC. Charlotte would still be a bit far, but I do have family out there, so much better than the current closest one way up in northern VA.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Functionally speaking what is the difference between these two models of cpu fan? A few bits of wording in the descriptions are different but I'm not seeing anything performance wise and I feel like I'm missing something

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S77DVDS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09YT5BQD9

No real difference in performance, just aesthetics - decorative top cover for the heat pipes vs exposed heat pipe tips, grey fans with rubber corner caps vs black fans with ARGB, that's about it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

7700X + ASRock X670E PG Riptide + 32GB DDR5-6000 for $499: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4538151

Crazy value, and pretty much a match for Micro Center's AM5 bundles. Actually, Micro Center's $500 7700X bundle has a B650 board, so this is better.

This went out of stock pretty much immediately :(

DoombatINC posted:

No real difference in performance, just aesthetics - decorative top cover for the heat pipes vs exposed heat pipe tips, grey fans with rubber corner caps vs black fans with ARGB, that's about it

Thanks

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't really need all the cores of the 7900X and it's still unclear when Windows and games will improve scheduling across the CCDs. At $100 less, I'd be tempted to get this instead of Microcenter's 7900X bundle...except the motherboard doesn't have WiFi. A PCIe card will run you about $35 so if you need WiFi, I think the 7900X bundle probably makes more sense long term. Unless of course you don't have Microcenter near you.

DoombatINC posted:

It just hit me that the 3 extra fins on the non-SE are probably where those tips are. Thermalright probably realized you didn't need them since you're not really get any heat transfer from the tips. Also the SE, though its fans don't have rubber covers on the corner, have these little pad things. I haven't noticed any issues with rattling on mine, though tbf if the fans are spinning fast enough that rubber corners might matter, you're hearing more noise from the fans anyway.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 14, 2023

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

This went out of stock pretty much immediately :(

Thanks

Bummer. It was actually up for over 12 hours, but I caught it pretty late it seems. Keep an eye out for similar deals—this probably won't be the last ~$500 7700X bundle.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't really need all the cores of the 7900X and it's still unclear when Windows and games will improve scheduling across the CCDs. At $100 less, I'd be tempted to get this instead of Microcenter's 7900X bundle...except the motherboard doesn't have WiFi. A PCIe card will run you about $35 so if you need WiFi, I think the 7900X bundle probably makes more sense long term. Unless of course you don't have Microcenter near you.

I don't know that I would consider having wifi on the motherboard as that big a deal. My primary machine is an X570 using a PCIe wifi/Bluetooth card, while my secondary machine is a B550 with built-in wifi. The antennas that came with the B550 are small, old-school rabbit ear type things that stick off the back of the machine, which reminds me of the old PCI wireless cards I used to use. The PCIe card in my main machine has a nice magnetized external antenna, and is much easier to get good signal with. I suppose I could try to find a similar antenna that would work with the onboard wifi on the B550, but :effort:

If you have a case with decent airflow and don't use all the PCIe slots for other stuff then the PCIe wifi route is actually the one I prefer by a small amount, I think.

BirdbrainedPhoenix
Mar 18, 2010
So, one of the questions we get asked over and over is "Are you near a Microcenter?" There's one in Fairfax, which is about 3 hours away.

What's the glory of Microcenter? I'm not opposed to making a trip there.. A road trip with a new PC at the end sounds fun.

Used for gaming, 1440p, high/ultra graphics.. With an attempt to stay under $2k. (Not including gas money to get there and back, heh)

It'll be in the living room, so a quieter cooler is slightly more important than it would be otherwise.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They have really good bundles and deals that are in-store purchase only like the OP mentions, I think that's about it.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I have a 5800X3D now and it's going great!
So some feedback. I recently installed a 5800X3D, with a Peerless Assassin 120SE cooler. It's a pretty great combo. Installation was a breeze in my fractal design node 804. Only things I had to take out were the GPU, the RAM, and the SSDs. The supplied thermal paste for the cooler is a little bit too stiff for my tase; distributing it with an old credit card was basically impossible for me so I used my fingers. I may have ingested some leftover thermal paste afterwards when I was having a midnight snack. Oh well.

Performance is great. My system no longer randomly crashes; stutter is resolved in some games; everything is Zippy. However the cooler, as good as it is, is loud. I think I'm going to have to tweak the fan curves so the fans don't engage under 70C or something.

All in all, I think I can recommend this combination. Especially the cooler is a steal imo at <40E. I might replace the fans with quieter ones at some point.

NVME compatibility
Anyhow, I come with the next question. To increase user comfort, I want to replace or supplement my SSDs with an NVM drive for extra speed. My mainboard supports the following:

Do I read this correctly that my mainboard supports at best a PCIe 3.0 generation NVME, which I think out to top out at 3 or 3.5MB/s. The sheet also specifies PCIe 3.0x4 - does that mean that of the maximum 3.0 bandwityh, I can expect a certain fraction?

edit: I kept looking and if I read this correctly, PCIe 3.0x4 should give me the full PCIe 3.0 speed of 3.5GB/s?

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 15, 2023

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Martman posted:

They have really good bundles and deals that are in-store purchase only like the OP mentions, I think that's about it.

They also price match so if you see a great deal on Amazon or Newegg and happen to be at one, they will match the price and no need to wait for shipping.

Also they just have a huge inventory and it’s fun to poke around. It’s how I was able to feel the difference between cherry brown and red keyboards.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Doing some early preliminary speccing for a desktop machine for a friend, whose 100 year old PC popped its cloggs.

What country are you in? UK :britain:
Do you live near Microcenter? gently caress no.
What are you using the system for? Web and Office, shitposting, in future he will be light gaming (but this isn't a priority right now, so integrated graphics are probably a good idea at this point).
What's your budget? Under £1000, much lower than that if possible.
If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution / refresh rate? How fancy do you want your graphics, from “it runs” to “Ultra preset as fast as possible”? Probably a 1080p monitor, max 60fps, medium settings, but again this is low priority.

I'm thinking a Ryzen 5 5700g, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, Gen 4 NVMe (seem to be similar price to Gen 3 at this point), and a compatible motherboard and decent case would cover this?

Or is there an Intel with integrated graphics that would be a better choice?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Lord Stimperor posted:

NVME compatibility
Anyhow, I come with the next question. To increase user comfort, I want to replace or supplement my SSDs with an NVM drive for extra speed. My mainboard supports the following:

Do I read this correctly that my mainboard supports at best a PCIe 3.0 generation NVME, which I think out to top out at 3 or 3.5MB/s. The sheet also specifies PCIe 3.0x4 - does that mean that of the maximum 3.0 bandwityh, I can expect a certain fraction?

edit: I kept looking and if I read this correctly, PCIe 3.0x4 should give me the full PCIe 3.0 speed of 3.5GB/s?

yeah, your motherboard has two M.2 slots - one is PCIe 3.0 and one is PCIe 2.0, and you get the full bandwidth for each gen with 4 lanes yeah. a good PCIe 3.0 NVME drive is still great for most uses, you're not missing out on much by not having PCIe 4.0 support.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m looking to build a system around a 7800X3D when it’s released, so I’m looking for advice on an AM5 board with lots of I/O and support for 128GB, CPU air cooler, and memory. The case I have on the way is a Fractal Design North, if that matters for cooler fitting. Wifi on the motherboard would also be welcome, but I could wrangle a PCI card if the board was otherwise fantastic. I am not price sensitive, but would like to avoid being really stupid.

I’m also interested in advice on fan setup for the North, which will have a Windforce 4090 in it as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

grack posted:

I'm putting my PC together now with a 120 SE, and you do have to push pretty hard to get the screws on the bracket. Maybe other coolers are the same, IDK? Also I didn't even notice that it's asymmetrical, or I might've installed it the other way around for more GPU clearance.

Question: When I hook up my new PC into my monitor, I get "input not supported". I plugged it into a 60hz Roku TV and it works, I can see the BIOS page. I read somewhere that if this happens, you need to change the resolution or something? Can I do that in the BIOS or do I need to install Windows first?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Doing some early preliminary speccing for a desktop machine for a friend, whose 100 year old PC popped its cloggs.

What country are you in? UK :britain:
Do you live near Microcenter? gently caress no.
What are you using the system for? Web and Office, shitposting, in future he will be light gaming (but this isn't a priority right now, so integrated graphics are probably a good idea at this point).
What's your budget? Under £1000, much lower than that if possible.
If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution / refresh rate? How fancy do you want your graphics, from “it runs” to “Ultra preset as fast as possible”? Probably a 1080p monitor, max 60fps, medium settings, but again this is low priority.

I'm thinking a Ryzen 5 5700g, 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM, Gen 4 NVMe (seem to be similar price to Gen 3 at this point), and a compatible motherboard and decent case would cover this?

Or is there an Intel with integrated graphics that would be a better choice?

Intel's IGPs generally suck, but they don't usually compromise the CPU for them, the 5700G is noticably worse as a CPU than the regular 5700 for example. So if you're building a shitpost station with an eye to adding a graphics card to it for gaming later Intel is probably the way to go. Something like the 12100 or 12400 is what I'd go for. Make sure the CPU doesn't have an F in its name though (so 12100F) as in Intel's naming scheme F is the marker for a CPU without an IGP. If you don't plan on adding a GPU later though, the 5700G is probably the better idea just because AMD's integrated graphics are better.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

You should consider one of those mini PCs that use laptop chips instead. Something like the Minisforum UM773. A barebones kit with the 7735HS costs $410 USD, but I'm not sure what availability in the UK is like or if they ship internationally. You just need memory and an SSD to complete the kit, but do not get that from minisforum because they overcharge for those.

The 7735HS comes with the RDNA2-based Radeon 680M integrated GPU, and it's faster than the 5700G by a good amount. As of right now, it's the fastest iGPU on the market, actually, and it's very much capable of basic 1080p gaming, though you may still need to tweak some settings to get newer games working right. The obvious downside is that this thing isn't really upgradeable beyond the memory and SSD. A more typical custom build would be better if your friend wants to slot in a discrete graphics card in the future. Technically the UM773 supports eGPUs, but they usually underperform due to bandwidth limitations and are a bad value.

edit: I guess i'm blind because there's a big bold link to the UK store on that page :v:

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 15, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

You should consider one of those mini PCs that use laptop chips instead. Something like the Minisforum UM773. A barebones kit with the 7735HS costs $410 USD, but I'm not sure what availability in the UK is like or if they ship internationally. You just need memory and an SSD to complete the kit, but do not get that from minisforum because they overcharge for those.

The 7735HS comes with the RDNA2-based Radeon 680M integrated GPU, and it's faster than the 5700G by a good amount. As of right now, it's the fastest iGPU on the market, actually, and it's very much capable of basic 1080p gaming, though you may still need to tweak some settings to get newer games working right. The obvious downside is that this thing isn't really upgradeable beyond the memory and SSD. A more typical custom build would be better if your friend wants to slot in a discrete graphics card in the future. Technically the UM773 supports eGPUs, but they usually underperform due to bandwidth limitations and are a bad value.

Actually that's a good shout, Minisforum do have a dedicated UK store and the barebone 773 is £430 on there. £440 if you want this bangin' pink one.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

There's also the fact that you can in fact just get a whole-rear end PC with a dedicated graphics card capable of good 1080p performance for under £800 right now. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gTccwc (I didn't even pick the absolute cheapest parts here)

The Intel iGPU for desktop PCs is kinda sad and is basically only good as a basic display out and for 2D games (or ancient 3D stuff). The 5700G is roughly equivalent to a GT 1030 and can do newer 3D stuff at maybe 30fps but still not really the newest. My understanding is that the 680M in the 7735HS is roughly equivalent to the 1050 or 1050 Ti, which means you have a basic 1080p 60fps experience on low to medium settings in newer games, but the newest games are probably not gonna hit that. The RX 6600 in the desktop build list above can do 1080p high or ultra settings at 60fps or well above it in many cases since it is a further ~2.5 - 3 times faster than the 680M.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

There's also the fact that you can in fact just get a whole-rear end PC with a dedicated graphics card capable of good 1080p performance for under £800 right now. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gTccwc (I didn't even pick the absolute cheapest parts here)

The Intel iGPU for desktop PCs is kinda sad and is basically only good as a basic display out and for 2D games (or ancient 3D stuff). The 5700G is roughly equivalent to a GT 1030 and can do newer 3D stuff at maybe 30fps but still not really the newest. My understanding is that the 680M in the 7735HS is roughly equivalent to the 1050 or 1050 Ti, which means you have a basic 1080p 60fps experience on low to medium settings in newer games, but the newest games are probably not gonna hit that. The RX 6600 in the desktop build list above can do 1080p high or ultra settings at 60fps or well above it in many cases since it is a further ~2.5 - 3 times faster than the 680M.

Thanks for this, and everyone else.

That build looks pretty nice, though I'd pick a better PSU. Hard to believe how much NVMe and RAM have come down since my last build 2 years ago.

I'd maybe get an entry level GPU to begin with as it can be easily upgraded later. How come the i5 12400 has such a low base clock? Is it a better chip than the Ryzen 5 5600x?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the 12400 is pretty similar in performance to both the 5600 and 5600X, and the 12400F is the same just without an iGPU. all very solid options

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm putting my PC together now with a 120 SE, and you do have to push pretty hard to get the screws on the bracket. Maybe other coolers are the same, IDK?

I did not feel that much difference. But what was tricky is that GN recommends that as you push the screw down to get it to grip, you should apply counterweight on the other side of the cooler to keep it even. But it seems to work just fine.

Overall I think the installation of the Peerless Assassin is very straightforward and recommendable.

lih posted:

yeah, your motherboard has two M.2 slots - one is PCIe 3.0 and one is PCIe 2.0, and you get the full bandwidth for each gen with 4 lanes yeah. a good PCIe 3.0 NVME drive is still great for most uses, you're not missing out on much by not having PCIe 4.0 support.

Thank you. PCIe 3.0 is plenty for me, just needed to make sure I can get that performance.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That build looks pretty nice, though I'd pick a better PSU. Hard to believe how much NVMe and RAM have come down since my last build 2 years ago.

I'd maybe get an entry level GPU to begin with as it can be easily upgraded later. How come the i5 12400 has such a low base clock? Is it a better chip than the Ryzen 5 5600x?

What's wrong with that PSU? Gold rated, fully modular and more than enough wattage overhead? I'd even say it stands out as being almost overkill, if you really wanted a budget build - you could easily go for a semi modular lower wattage PSU with those components.

Also there aren't really any decent 'entry level GPU' options at the moment, the 6600 is good value at that price and the cards under it are not.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Thank you. PCIe 3.0 is plenty for me, just needed to make sure I can get that performance.

Something like the sn570 would be good for you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lord Stimperor posted:

I did not feel that much difference. But what was tricky is that GN recommends that as you push the screw down to get it to grip, you should apply counterweight on the other side of the cooler to keep it even. But it seems to work just fine.

Overall I think the installation of the Peerless Assassin is very straightforward and recommendable.

Has anyone here tried installing an air cooler using the Thermalright or Thermal Grizzly Intel CPU holders that replace what comes standard on all Intel boards? Fairly straight forward approach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Jiro posted:

Has anyone here tried installing an air cooler using the Thermalright or Thermal Grizzly Intel CPU holders that replace what comes standard on all Intel boards? Fairly straight forward approach?

I just put a big double-tower Thermalright on an Intel CPU, it was pretty easy save for the I/O plastic thing very nearly blocking the tower. Thermalright also has videos for installing their stuff since the instruction booklet is pretty bare.

Something to note though is the towers add a lot of weight to the mobo and make the weight very lopsided, so putting the mobo in the case becomes a bit more difficult with one person.