Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

I love how you bolded the clash boost, when the bonus is changing from 1% to 3% per clash.

though I did see a 10 clash once, so like, that would've been 30% bonus damage.

Yeah, I've had them go into the teens before, so having it go from "negligible" to "genuine threat on long sequences of ties" is pretty noteworthy.
Admittedly this is partly because a friend of mine went full doom-mode upon seeing that one, because their clash luck is notoriously bad. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
As someone who has flipped tails on every part of shank while the enemy flipped heads to win while having 45 San to their 0… three times in a row, plus one final heads for the hit itself?

I can understand their fear. :ohdear:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Personally, I'm most looking forward to the resonance-based power boosts. Mainly because I (vainly) hope that it's going to be significant enough that PM can balance around the assumption it will actually be utilized, meaning that more care will have to be put into slapping your teams together. It's weird having such a touted and ostensibly central thing be as ancillary as it currently is.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
It feels like it matters more in Mirror Dungeons when you actually get EGO things that boost certain skills of certain affinities so it's more important there. Yeah I want to fill my team with Sloth skills and Blunt attacks when I get 'Today's Expression' as a Starting EGO, that seems like a no brainer.

But outside of those bonuses it's somewhere between 'Who do you like using' and 'Are you getting enough things to use your EGOs in combat'.

I would like to see those Defence changes soon though because man there's like barely any reason to even think of using them right now except for Evade and to maybe avoid bad Clash Win effects.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 13, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
i think the only time i've actually used defense skills really is on the n corp identities because I really wanted more reds

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TeeQueue posted:

As someone who has flipped tails on every part of shank while the enemy flipped heads to win while having 45 San to their 0… three times in a row, plus one final heads for the hit itself?

I can understand their fear. :ohdear:

I have lost clashes with charged Rip Space.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TheNabster posted:

I would like to see those Defence changes soon though because man there's like barely any reason to even think of using them right now except for Evade and to maybe avoid bad Clash Win effects.

Unfortunately the latest update mentions those changes are getting postponed to next week so tough luck :v:

Other interesting new info, we do get Paralysis fix, Clash bonus and Staggered allies do not get extra slots before others. Fixes to the dungeon black map bug and Mirror Abnormalities having story scenes (AKA Golden Apple) Also more UI like AOE targets, coin previews including all bonuses and being able to check resistances more easily.

They're changing dailies to be basically "Do 1 Thread and 1 EXP daily" and weeklies to be "do daillies 5 days, at least 1 mirror dungeon and kill 100 enemies".

Biggest thing are the BP EXP changes, 2 EXP per daily for 1 level a day, 7 a week; 4 EXP per weekly for 2 levels a week, and 20 EXP per Mirror bonus, for 6 levels a week.

That is, 15 levels a week for minor investment. Meaning in 4 weeks someone with LV 0 on the battlepass can max it out. Holy poo poo.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
PM really wants people to buy that Battle Pass, huh :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

Do Urban Plague far left second tier to get the Kurokumo stuff and build off that. Three Sayos with mono-slash decks, a Salvador and an Olga with both of Hanafuda's passives appended and Best Choice with a deck that's 3xDaring Decision, 1xShuffle Hands, 2xFlip the Table, 2xStay Calm and 1xany 0 cost light gen page.

Thanks a lot for this advice! I cleared out all Abnormalities and Bremen with these, and it was fun and more varied than gun spam! I unlocked Tiph and her first abnormality, and in the height of my hubris I went "I can take her"

...at least I didn't die from letting her transform. Instead I had bad luck with her targeting a Sayo AND me forgetting how Mass Summation works :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Thanks a lot for this advice! I cleared out all Abnormalities and Bremen with these, and it was fun and more varied than gun spam! I unlocked Tiph and her first abnormality, and in the height of my hubris I went "I can take her"

...at least I didn't die from letting her transform. Instead I had bad luck with her targeting a Sayo AND me forgetting how Mass Summation works :v:
Just use three Sayos and stack as much bleed on her as possible.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

max level battle pass rewards is 1 shard for free users and 3 shards for paid users, right? like straight up 3 shards, not 1-3.

ED: yeah ok i dont know where i heard that but its boxes, so its 1-3 and 3-9

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 13, 2023

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Slowly continuing to get my head around the battle system in Limbus. I never played Ruina, but am thoroughly enjoying your LP TeeQueue! I also read through the LC lp and read the WonderLab comic so I’m fairly familiar with the setting of Project Moon’s games. But I find I only really get to grips with game systems when I play them myself.

So far I’ve been able to clear Mirror Dungeons and have taken a break from the story to mess around with different team comps in the dungeons and to get a feel for the different identities. I managed to get both the new N Corp identities and pulled Rabbit Heathcliff so lots to try out. I haven’t had much in the way of ego bar the Battle Pass ones. But I’m trucking along with the base egos.

I actually really dont mind the monetisation for Limbus. I know gatchas can be incredibly predatory and expensive to whale but I feel Limbus is alright in comparison? I’ve bought the battle pass and I appreciate that it lasts for a while and you also don’t have to log in every day for fear of missing out. There’s at least a bit of respect for your time in that if you miss out on a day here or there you won’t miss anything?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

DuoRogue posted:

max level battle pass rewards is 1 shard for free users and 3 shards for paid users, right? like straight up 3 shards, not 1-3.

ED: yeah ok i dont know where i heard that but its boxes, so its 1-3 and 3-9

Is it random or nominable shards?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

nominable. I was doing some math to make sure the 4chan post about lunacy-to-shard was correct, and can confirm it was and I was simply misreading it

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I've played a number of gacha games, and at least with the current setup it feels incredibly generous. Paying $11 every three months to get the ability to get anything you want from the gacha without ever rolling seems more than fair to me. It also seems like a game with an end point in mind rather than one that will continue on forever.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Cirina posted:

It also seems like a game with an end point in mind rather than one that will continue on forever.

Based on the level structure, I'm betting we get at least 3 books of 12-13 chapters each for Inferno, Purgatory, and Paradiso.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Cirina posted:

I've played a number of gacha games, and at least with the current setup it feels incredibly generous. Paying $11 every three months to get the ability to get anything you want from the gacha without ever rolling seems more than fair to me. It also seems like a game with an end point in mind rather than one that will continue on forever.

And it's only going to be more generous as of this next update: Patch notes are live!

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1635227174751080448

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1635227336076570624

Highlights:
> Compensation will be 300 lunacy and 3 extraction tickets (I think literally single-pull tickets, which would be new)
> Mirror Dungeon rewards rework, going to 3 bonuses per week instead of 5, but much bigger bonus payouts. Roughly double the Bus Pass pips, 250 Lunacy per run (from the originally-announced 150), the same amount of crates (slightly fewer if you take generics), no XP tickets at all because of...
> Luxcavations! Both XP farming and Thread farming daily options. XP Luxs unlock partway through Canto 2, Thread ones unlock post Canto 2. They both cost Enkephalin itself, not modules, and have a 3-per-day bonus limit.
> My personal unexpected favorite, the Daily and weekly Mission overhaul! These missions will now be easier to integrate with the new gameplay options and pay out TWICE as many Bus Pass pips.

(Speaking of which did anybody know there were TEN Seasonal missions, not five, and that the second half of them pay out 8 pips apiece? The list scrolls. :v:)

> The "staggered allies won't be the ones who get the new coin slot" change along with the tripled Clash damage bonus will be going live, all the other discussed changes will NOT until a later date.
> An absolute fuckton of bug fixes and smaller tweaks.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

a notable bug fix is they're adding paralyze as a status (since it did nothing before)

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

DuoRogue posted:

a notable bug fix is they're adding paralyze as a status (since it did nothing before)

Yes! Although Paralyze HAS been working sometimes, just extremely inconsistently: In the rare circumstances where it applies correctly (before the victim has further attacks in the same turn / when applied as a Next Turn status) and doesn't misbehave (so like 5-10% of the time tops, it almost never works even under those conditions) you'll see an enemy coin flip, land Heads, and add nothing at all to the value of the attack or clash. I've had this happen twice independently of any other visible sources that could reduce Coin Power, so I'm pretty sure it can work... It's just really, really, very unlikely to do so due to both design issues and whatever's going on in the background. Given that I've only seen it twice this entire time despite often having at least one incidental source of the status, and the amount of time I play... Yeah it'll be nice to see it actually functioning for real. :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like they have way too many drat status effects in this game lol.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like they have way too many drat status effects in this game lol.

oh they don't even have em all yet

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

tremor, rupture, sinking, haste, fragile, bind, protection, poise, bleed, charge, damage up, attack power up, attack power down, defense power up, defense power down, paralyze, [x] fragility (so, 10 of those), not counting other unique statuses like Curse, Maggots, Rotting Skin, Poison, Nails, Fanatic, Surgery, Pink Ribbons or Atrophied.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just breaking through the start of chapter 3, did anyone else have trouble winning 3-2/3-3 using anything other than just all base personalities? The bases being at level III seems to give them a massive advantage over all the pulls I don't have enough thread to uptie. It's the only way I can beat their coins.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DuoRogue posted:

tremor, rupture, sinking, haste, fragile, bind, protection, poise, bleed, charge, damage up, attack power up, attack power down, defense power up, defense power down, paralyze, [x] fragility (so, 10 of those), not counting other unique statuses like Curse, Maggots, Rotting Skin, Poison, Nails, Fanatic, Surgery, Pink Ribbons or Atrophied.

You forgot Charge you silly goose, and you know what THAT means!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pigbuster posted:

Just breaking through the start of chapter 3, did anyone else have trouble winning 3-2/3-3 using anything other than just all base personalities? The bases being at level III seems to give them a massive advantage over all the pulls I don't have enough thread to uptie. It's the only way I can beat their coins.

Upties are pretty important yeah, characters who aren't fully uptied are missing a third of their moveset and usually using weaker lower-numbers versions of the first two skills too.
Rarity isn't correlated too much with power and a lot of the 0 rank identities are strong, so don't expect any old 00 or 000 identity to beat them out when it's stuck at uptie 0.

But also you've unlocked the mirror dungeon now, and leveling up your identities more will make them a bit better at winning clashes from the higher attack stat.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Pigbuster posted:

Nah, I managed to get through 3-2/3-3 easy with my usual alt identity stuff (Blade Lineage Yi Sang/Outis, Shi Don Quixote are the ones in question, others were just standard personalities). 3-4 looks like a massive difficulty spike though, and if that's what you meant then... yeah, not sure if I'm just supposed to go back and level grind via Mirrors or what.

EDIT: Friend Code: A737600324 - Don't expect too much out of me just yet though.

Also, postscript to the above, beat 3-4 with sufficiently leveled basic identities but didn't EX it, so yeah, sort of thinking the route to go is just farm mirrors for a couple days and then get back to the story.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 14, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Shastahanshah posted:

You forgot Charge you silly goose, and you know what THAT means!

I literally didn't. it's the 10th status on the list, after bleed but before damage up.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DuoRogue posted:

I literally didn't. it's the 10th status on the list, after bleed but before damage up.

I meant Ammo but I also wanted an excuse to post that picture.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Also, since my previous post is getting way too edit happy at this point: Is there any point to doing main missions after you've EX-d them? There's like, a little XP, but it doesn't seem like enough to be worth it over just spamming Mirrors for the rest of time.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Jossar posted:

Also, since my previous post is getting way too edit happy at this point: Is there any point to doing main missions after you've EX-d them? There's like, a little XP, but it doesn't seem like enough to be worth it over just spamming Mirrors for the rest of time.

Doing the "do three stages" daily and weekly missions without having to advance the story, mostly. Also the loading screen in mirror dungeons is based on what the loading screen for the last stage you did was, so you can get something fun if you care about that.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Boy this gauntlet of fights on the third floor of the chapter 3 dungeon is tedious. I can understand why people are reluctant to restart because they brought the wrong party comp to the final boss

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Doing the "do three stages" daily and weekly missions without having to advance the story, mostly. Also the loading screen in mirror dungeons is based on what the loading screen for the last stage you did was, so you can get something fun if you care about that.

You are better off doing the tutorial missions for the daily, as they don’t cost you any Enkaphalon but still give BP credit. Makes for the optimal grind if that is what you want.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eh, if you do the very first non-tutorial stage it only costs you 24 energy total. I'm not gonna cry over one less module per day, especially when it lets me just mash win rate rather than having to click through each tutorial message. Luckily this will all be moot in a couple days.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

This seems like a really generous update. I appreciate needing to do fewer mirror dungeons per week though I wonder how long the luxcavations will end up taking - with the specific sin weaknesses you can probably put together a good team for one and clear it very quickly, but it depends on how many fights they are.

Ariamaki posted:

(Speaking of which did anybody know there were TEN Seasonal missions, not five, and that the second half of them pay out 8 pips apiece? The list scrolls. :v:)

Yeah, though they're generally things that take longer. Also, how do you get Gregor announcer and Ryoshu 4th match flame? Are those battle pass rewards? It offers like 3 different 4th match flames, some of which are paid only, and it's pretty hard to tell who each one is for from a tiny grayscale image.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Qrr posted:

This seems like a really generous update. I appreciate needing to do fewer mirror dungeons per week though I wonder how long the luxcavations will end up taking - with the specific sin weaknesses you can probably put together a good team for one and clear it very quickly, but it depends on how many fights they are.

Yeah, though they're generally things that take longer. Also, how do you get Gregor announcer and Ryoshu 4th match flame? Are those battle pass rewards? It offers like 3 different 4th match flames, some of which are paid only, and it's pretty hard to tell who each one is for from a tiny grayscale image.

Gregor announcer is the level 59 BP reward, Roshu's 4th Match Flame is level 60. Both are in the free portion.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Qrr posted:

Ryoshu's 4th Match Flame is the big advertised capstone at the very end of the pass, hence why she's literally on the side of the UI and on the banner you click to enter the menu.

Also as far as how Luxcavations have been described they are singular fights: Possibly multi-wave ones, but one fight per run. Equivalent to the current rerunning of story stages.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1635595537629200384

Here comes Kromer Faust.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Kromer did nothing wrong

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MotU posted:

Kromer did nothing wrong
No, she hosed up pretty hard with Sinclair.

Shouldn't have rushed things. She definitely could have gotten him in on murdering his family with just a little more time and gaslighting/gatekeeping/girlbossing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Kromer did 1 thing wrong