Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

New expansion announcement tomorrow, implied to be related to Elite Tauren Chieftan. Possibly a music-themed expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hi. Played (badly) for a short while years ago and been back playing for a few weeks.

Is there any game less satisfying than losing to that "destroy the enemy hero" card?

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

Last King posted:

added you last night, i'm in a similar boat. lemme know if you still needed these done!

Yep, Accepted the friend request! Hope to bump into you sometime. I have a toddler running around so unfortunately I'm only on about an hour a day at most.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Neeber posted:

Yep, Accepted the friend request! Hope to bump into you sometime. I have a toddler running around so unfortunately I'm only on about an hour a day at most.

all good, congrats! understand 100%...

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Hi. Played (badly) for a short while years ago and been back playing for a few weeks.

Is there any game less satisfying than losing to that "destroy the enemy hero" card?

Which one, the priest one or the horsemen (usually warlock) one?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I just encountered some Rogue / KTZ / Thaddius nonsense that used Brann to Alexstraza me six times in one turn, and I really, really hope that whoever in Blizzard keeps putting Brann in has a wood chipper accident.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Just had a quick battleground game as Edwin, finished first and didn't even lose one combat. Op success

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Quiet Feet posted:

Losing to Hunter quest, for me

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

GTO posted:

Which one, the priest one or the horsemen (usually warlock) one?

Was thinking specifically of the priest one but yeah, the warlock one too

I don't even get what's fun about playing the priest one. It's literally just waiting until you draw the I Win card.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Okay further update. Played a priest with the Xyrella deck. They managed to get the card. It was the very last one they drew an I only know this because it happened on my turn (deathrattle effect) shortly before I smashed their face into the ground. :owned:

All this took was starting off with two existential devourers (or whatever the hell they're called) and a poisonbloom to get through all the late taunts. :toot:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
New expansion is called Festival Of Legends:
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1635687983503273984?t=KQE6iZQTteHI8KfhaCvRaA&s=19

ETC, Band Manager is the free legendary, more details here: https://t.co/Ti0Qgikf3F

victorious fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 14, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that Rogue weapon is gonna be everywhere and it's gonna suck to play against

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sideboarding in HS?

finally a reason for all the lovely tech cards

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Paladin legendary spell from the video: 3 mana Holy spell "Give your hero Divine Shield. For the rest of the game, playing a Holy spell refreshes it"

which seems pretty nuts

there's also a way to summon a 6/6 Rush Taunt Divine Shield Reborn Stealth Poisonous Windfury

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 14, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

Paladin legendary spell from the video: 3 mana Holy spell "Give your hero Divine Shield. For the rest of the game, playing a Holy spell refreshes it"

which seems pretty nuts

too bad Cariel is rotating

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is it a coincidence that the rogue card looks like shadowboxer?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So we're just gonna ignore whatever the DK(?)card at the end of the trailer is that deals 12 Lifesteal to the enemy hero and summons a board full of 7/8s?

Edit: Oh, it's this one. Good thing that spending corpses is super hard.
I guess we can count us lucky that the Souls don't have rush.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 14, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : Clueless

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 14, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : hahaha i'm so dumb

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 14, 2023

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

mcbexx posted:

So we're just gonna ignore whatever the DK(?)card at the end of the trailer is that deals 12 Lifesteal to the enemy hero and summons a board full of 7/8s?

Edit: Oh, it's this one. Good thing that spending corpses is super hard.
I guess we can count us lucky that the Souls don't have rush.

Look forward to playing this card but never crafting it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

^^ oh god thats right I'm looking at it backwards, youll generate the spell in triple-runed decks

fuuuuuck that's going to be busted

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So when it says randomly improved, it can improve damage, number of corpses, or corpse stats?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
Oh, wow. I'm totally in love with the music theme and they seem to be taking it to ridiculous enough lengths that the cards themselves seem just plain fun. I've never paid for anything in this game but for the first time I'm tempted to. Even the signature cards look nice.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I appreciate them actually making the first set after rotation actually interesting and powerful. No Barrens/Sunken City repeat, hopefully 🤞

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Julio Cruz posted:

there's also a way to summon a 6/6 Rush Taunt Divine Shield Reborn Stealth Poisonous Windfury

It's this:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Would a single other Amalgam played have that card at 100% keywords? Cause that compares pretty favourably to Siamat if all you need is Amalgam of the Deep in your deck to enable it

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 14, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Would a single other Amalgam played have that card at 100% keywords?

going by every other amalgam no, it only counts as the "all" type for cards of such a similar effect

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Would a single other Amalgam played have that card at 100% keywords? Cause that compares pretty favourably to Siamat if all you need is Amalgam of the Deep in your deck to enable it

pretty sure it's one keyword max per minion

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Excelzior posted:

^^ oh god thats right I'm looking at it backwards, youll generate the spell in triple-runed decks

fuuuuuck that's going to be busted

I don't think generation looks at the runes you have

like you can generate the Scourge in Blood or Frost decks

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah exactly - I was initially thinking you would need to generate spenders in rainbow dk, but you can just generate the legendary rainbow spell *in a triple-rune deck that already has good spenders*

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

This is true for Nerubian Vizier, who will love this card, but I think the implication is you will also be able to find it off of any discover an X rune card.

Excelzior posted:

going by every other amalgam no, it only counts as the "all" type for cards of such a similar effect

Ok that drops it way down if you can’t consistently get rush divine shield windfury out of it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
looking through the cards which are rotating and gotta say I'm loving delighted that Guff and the Hunter questline are going

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
The flavor of the new expansion is interesting. It looks pretty neat, seems that they're going for a lot of high impact cards rather than busted combos. Tentatively looking forward to UiS and Alterac rotating out and this one rotating in. Just... don't keep Brann in core.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Gotta love the small print with the new event. "If you're worried about missing out on the other two hero portraits, it's ok! You'll be able to buy them with cash in a few weeks."

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Julio Cruz posted:

looking through the cards which are rotating and gotta say I'm loving delighted that Guff and the Hunter questline are going

Ooh where can I find this list?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow they actually listened to feedback about the signature cards. They now have copy protection, can be disenchanted, and the pre-order bundle comes with golden legendaries again. They also look way better this expansion

Also those are some big shakeups in Battlegrounds

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Ooh where can I find this list?

The 3 oldest expansions rotate from standard every year. The "list" is in the game.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Year of the Gryphon is rotating, that's Barrens, Stormwind and Alterac Valley

there are also changes upcoming to the Core set which haven't been announced yet but everyone is praying that Brann is gone

Squats!
Jun 6, 2006

Anyone else getting constantly disconnected in Battlegrounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Squats! posted:

Anyone else getting constantly disconnected in Battlegrounds?

Constantly. loving annoying, and oh, so Blizzard. Just about to hit 6k rating and down to 5.5k again because of "disconnects" where my entire system is fine and online continuously.