Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
HEAT rounds do care about angle quite a bit, but they don't care about range- that is their primary advantage, being able to bloop low velocity projectiles and still have a lot of penetrating power- that's why they're often used to keep older guns in service, and in weapons like the BMP-1's main gun, which is a low pressure 73mm HEAT-chucking gun. It was meant to be able to tango with contemporary M48 main battle tanks while needing not much turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Only small parts of it. Them nationalizing all of it would be :captainpop:.

CeeJee posted:

It's hard to tell but these look like T-62 tanks from what is left of the roadwheels and the presence of empty shell cases which anything more modern does not have. I think this was some kind of improvised artillery battery lobbing shells roughly in the direction of the enemy.

They have graduated from using T-62 as lovely artillery to arming front-line troops with them. They are running out of more modern stuff that's working.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Additional spaced/composite armour usage (e.g. along the lines of Chobham and Dorchester armour) on Western tanks such as CR2 and M1A2 has done a lot to reduce effectiveness of HEAT shells.

NOTE: Packing empty egg boxes onto your T-72 T-64 T-62M T-55A will not produce similar results to NATO technology.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 14, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1635609622647291907
:laugh:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

theghostpt posted:

Yeah I meant this ofc, not excusing US foreign policy at all, but to think that killing americans in a terrorist attack is going to change their stance on foreign policy is not really that smart

Oh poo poo they're really doing it aren't they

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1635620593847484419
An observation post in Belgorod oblast was demilitarized as well, making it three in two days.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1635623130185052161
Another smoking accident in the vicinity of Mariupol.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

theghostpt posted:

Yeah I meant this ofc, not excusing US foreign policy at all, but to think that killing americans in a terrorist attack is going to change their stance on foreign policy is not really that smart

Alright, thanks! Wasn’t sure. :tipshat:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1635635671518916609
So sending Strelkov and friends to kickstart the whole shebang in Donbass is, according to you, "peaceful means." gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Don't underestimate those brushless motors.

They're way more powerful than they look.

My concern isn't in whether they can lift that, it's in how quickly those motors and speed controllers are going to rip through the battery life. None of the ones in the pic have a battery attached, so that'll be additional weight as well.

When I was doing quadcopter DIY and building out camera platforms/racers, you could lift a pretty goofy amount. The reason those heavy cam platforms have like 8 arms of dual motors isn't so much for the payload, as it is for stability and airtime.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh I'm not falling for it. There's no way they can lift those.

Supposing two drones carried it together? They could put it on a line held under the dorsal guidance rotors.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/03/14/7393270/

quote:

Russian occupation authorities in the city of Vasylivka, Zaporizhzhia Oblast, have devised a plan to evacuate the staff of the occupation administration and their families to Crimea in an attempt to quell the panic spreading among those who collaborate with the Russian regime.

Source: National Resistance Center

Quote: "The occupiers have devised an evacuation plan for the staff of the [occupation] administration in temporarily occupied Vasylivka and their families. According to the plan, the collaborators and their families would flee to Crimea two hours before the withdrawal of the Russian forces."

Details: The National Resistance Center said that the Russians are hoping that the plan will quell the growing panic among collaborators.

Previously: In February 2023, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces reported that Russian occupation authorities were preparing to flee from Kherson Oblast to Crimea and that local collaborators had started leaving for the peninsula.
Nothing says how much Russia is winning like terrified collaborators pleading to be anywhere but in Ukraine. Though somehow I doubt all of them will have the chance to make it out, with those left having to look to themselves as best they can after being abandoned. Oh well, sucks to be them.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1635635671518916609
So sending Strelkov and friends to kickstart the whole shebang in Donbass is, according to you, "peaceful means." gently caress you, rear end in a top hat.

Russia has never attacked anyone. Ever.

And even if it did, it was tricked into it.

And even then, they deserved it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

zone posted:

Nothing says how much Russia is winning like terrified collaborators pleading to be anywhere but in Ukraine. Though somehow I doubt all of them will have the chance to make it out, with those left having to look to themselves as best they can after being abandoned. Oh well, sucks to be them.

A safe bet would be to move them all over to Collab-nistria. A thin strip of land loaded with collaborators.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Don't underestimate those brushless motors.

They're way more powerful than they look.

My concern isn't in whether they can lift that, it's in how quickly those motors and speed controllers are going to rip through the battery life. None of the ones in the pic have a battery attached, so that'll be additional weight as well.

When I was doing quadcopter DIY and building out camera platforms/racers, you could lift a pretty goofy amount. The reason those heavy cam platforms have like 8 arms of dual motors isn't so much for the payload, as it is for stability and airtime.

Considering the warheads are attached with zipties, I think the battery only needs to last enough for a one-way trip

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Arc Hammer posted:

Supposing two drones carried it together? They could put it on a line held under the dorsal guidance rotors.
Well why not?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1634987464267022336

Living rent free. As cringe as nafo is, it sure as poo poo gets under pro invasion peoples skin.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

Well why not?

The world isn't ready for an ultra violent all robot reboot of the lady and the tramp spaghetti scene

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Just get drones to carry the drones that carry the bombs.
It's drones all the way down

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/status/1635558041864003585

LOL I don't even know what to say

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1635595583179087873

We're not running out of ammo. We aren't going to show you our massive huge stash of ammo we get replenished everyday. Instead, here is a bombed out building from an unknown location.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Tai posted:

Living rent free. As cringe as nafo is, it sure as poo poo gets under pro invasion peoples skin.

Just upset because even a single avatar makes their oh so serious reporting look ridiculous. No academics or commentators chiming in, just an army of terminally online nobodies and ridicule from cartoon dogs.

Maybe if they want more serious engagement they should rethink their habit of plastering the Wagner skull patch over nearly everything they post.

It doesn't help your cred to be cheering the advances of the Neo-Totenkopf brigade, it just gives off major "Are we the baddies" energy.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tigey posted:

Just upset because even a single avatar makes their oh so serious reporting look ridiculous. No academics or commentators chiming in, just an army of terminally online nobodies and ridicule from cartoon dogs.

Maybe if they want more serious engagement they should rethink their habit of plastering the Wagner skull patch over nearly everything they post.

It doesn't help your cred to be cheering the advances of the Neo-Totenkopf brigade, it just gives off major "Are we the baddies" energy.

They raise money and awareness for the Ukrainian cause, so cringe or no cringe, it doesn't matter to me. Pro russian assholes can cry about them all they want, and the only people who agree with them are their own anyway.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

So if NAFO is hurting Ukraine are the pro-Russian shills happy about NAFO for doing God's work, then? :thunk:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Tai posted:

That russian shitcatapult sounds mad.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1635653756015583236
2 billion euro fund increase for purchase of weapons and ammo.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Tai posted:

NAFO memes are loving awful in a vacuum but throw 20 at them at some scraggly bearded contrarian's twitter and the ensuing butthurt is glorious.

Speaking of, I just heard that Gonzalo Lira got booted out of Ukraine for materially helping the Russian army. Apparently he narc'd out a bunch of other collaborators to avoid any punishment but being kicked out of the country.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
if I sincerely believed that a country was held hostage by neo-Nazis with their hands on all the levers of power such that dismantling chunks of that country was the only way to rehabilitate it, I would probably argue that the neo-Nazis were doing more damage to the country's cause than a bunch of low effort trolls spamming doge memes

but that's just me

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What nafk needs to do is grow up and put on some jackboots like tough Russian propagandists.

Preferrably jackboots with shunts in them to make you appear taller.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Deki posted:

Speaking of, I just heard that Gonzalo Lira got booted out of Ukraine for materially helping the Russian army. Apparently he narc'd out a bunch of other collaborators to avoid any punishment but being kicked out of the country.
Lol, LMAO

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Deki posted:

NAFO memes are loving awful in a vacuum but throw 20 at them at some scraggly bearded contrarian's twitter and the ensuing butthurt is glorious.

Saw similar claims, including that he requested to be 'deported', as he was afraid that if he stayed in Ukraine after snitching he was at risk of reprisals from Russia sympathisers for betraying them.

All just rumours at the moment, not seen any real confirmation.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Isn't that the guy who was a failed sex tourist and so he stayed in the country to try and get his incel revenge on Ukranian women by chain smoking and heavily drinking and being really fat? lol

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Isn't that the guy who was a failed sex tourist and so he stayed in the country to try and get his incel revenge on Ukranian women by chain smoking and heavily drinking and being really fat? lol

You forgot the part where he bravely decided to stay despite being on very real SBU and NATO kill lists.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
sipping coffee from my nafo fellas mug reminds me of the time(s) vlad putin fell down the stairs and shat himself

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

numptyboy posted:

6kg still seems like a lot for what seems to be a consumer level drone. A small drone like that carrying like 6 bags of sugar is quite impressive to me.

Yeah, 6 bags of sugar is about equal to a medium-sized rock.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jogXZQW5D_E
Two new intercepted phone calls. One's just a DPR soldier recovering from his wounds in a hospital, complaining about his treatment and its quality there, being forced to go back to the front. So instead he decided he wanted to up and leave back to his hometown to get treatment at his local hospital.

Now the other intercept is pretty interesting, it's from one of the people who coordinated the hullabaloo in Luhansk that eventually became a full scale civil war. What he essentially said was that few to none of the locals - which squares once again with what Strelkov had to say - were interested in any separatist movement being formed. He also blamed so-called fifth columnists, the leadership of Russia itself, and everyone else he could think of for the disastrous result of this invasion. What's more, this agent says that, or rather admits, that it's not no HATO and American mercs that made this happen, just Ukraine alone with whatever help they got and their own trained armies. He ends on an extremely bitter note that this was all supposedly set up and planned by America to destroy Russia as a geopolitical threat. My dear traitor, this would never have happened if you and the others hadn't provoked it to start with. :shrug:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
confused by that tweet til I realized it wasn't warmonitor3

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Deki posted:

Yet another moron who hosed around and found out.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Lira is also out there posting "whites do it better" poo poo. What a loving weird, gross dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

mobby_6kl posted:

Considering the warheads are attached with zipties, I think the battery only needs to last enough for a one-way trip

Round trip isn't the concern. A drone can cook through a 2000mAh battery in like 2-3 minutes.