Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

The Voice of Labor posted:

old bands need the money so they can build their environmental/societal collapse bunkers

Speaking of... I think this is the right thread?

Seeing Powerman 5000 at a dive bar down the street tonight and no idea what to expect. Gonna be really bad or really good, either way should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

SacrificialGoat posted:

All I know is that last time I saw TKK it was a hole in the wall bar and it cost like $20 and it wasn't that long ago

They came through here at the tail end of 2019 and it was $25 a person.

I've seen them twice now. They have played the best show I ever saw, and also the worst.

The best show was in 1993.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Philthy posted:

They came through here at the tail end of 2019 and it was $25 a person.

I've seen them twice now. They have played the best show I ever saw, and also the worst.

The best show was in 1993.

My personal worst was Orgy, waaay after their day in the sun. I have no problems with Orgy itself, but the club had awful sound and they spent most of the show bitching to the sound guy about not being able to hear themselves.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pope Guilty posted:

Is there a small act called Richard 23 or did they put the actual Richard 23 in the third to last position on the lineup poster?

He's just doing DJ sets.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

angrygodofjebus posted:

Speaking of... I think this is the right thread?

Seeing Powerman 5000 at a dive bar down the street tonight and no idea what to expect. Gonna be really bad or really good, either way should be fun.

Their bus broke down and they sent out the most typo filled email every about rescheduling lol

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Thinking about going to a Combichrist show mainly just to see Priest.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Priest are great live. Combichrist dude was a massive wanker last time I checked.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I saw Combichrist open for KMFDM ages ago and they blew KMFDM out of the water.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

SacrificialGoat posted:

My personal worst was Orgy, waaay after their day in the sun. I have no problems with Orgy itself, but the club had awful sound and they spent most of the show bitching to the sound guy about not being able to hear themselves.

Was this the co-headlining tour they did with Filter a few years ago? I was going to go to it, as I was a big filter fan, but ended up not being to go to it. They were playing at a dive bar as well.

I always wonder how it must feel, as a band member that once played stadiums, to walk into some bar you're headlining. Maybe at that point you're just grateful for some money. But it just be a little hard on the ego.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Floodixor posted:

Was this the co-headlining tour they did with Filter a few years ago? I was going to go to it, as I was a big filter fan, but ended up not being to go to it. They were playing at a dive bar as well.

I always wonder how it must feel, as a band member that once played stadiums, to walk into some bar you're headlining. Maybe at that point you're just grateful for some money. But it just be a little hard on the ego.

I can tell you for sure, it was hard on Richard heh.
I went to that same tour. I went for Orgy, missed doors and only caught 3 songs which sucked for me. I only really know/like Hey Man from Filter, but he was pissed and yelling about how he's done stadium shows etc. This was at a club that had maybe 200 person capacity. Kinda funny but also annoying to know you helped pay for the tour he's bitching about doing.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Oh man I'm rewatching Batman Beyond and oh boy is the score Peak Industrial Rock. It's always been my favorite flavor of Batman.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Double post

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I have a solo album coming out april 14, did a video for the single.
https://youtu.be/qXPUbQP-7x0

This is more inspired by Trepaneringsritualen than my usual Skinny Puppy worshiping.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

W424 posted:

This is more inspired by Trepaneringsritualen than my usual Skinny Puppy worshiping.

Hey, that sounds great! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Hey, that sounds great! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

HEALTH and Author & Punisher are playing a venue near me on Sunday and the tickets are pretty cheap. Worth seeing?

poo poo, it's $32 including fees, I'm pulling the trigger on this.

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 30, 2023

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Absolutely, both put on fantastic shows

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
HEALTH are great. I really like Author & Punishers gimmick, which makes for a great stageshow, just not the biggest fan of the music itself. If your tastes lean more noise than ebm/electro-Industrial it might be right up your alley though.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.spin.com/2023/03/5-albums-i-cant-live-without-ogre-and-cevin-key-of-skinny-puppy/

I've seen Key's choices before I think, from What's In My Bag? but Ogre's are neat.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Um what, new Cyberaktif?

Edit - I feel like I knew this and forgot it.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 31, 2023

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

HEALTH, Author & Punisher, and Mikau all crushed it. About 3 songs into HEALTH's set, the drummer broke a snare and Mikau had to lend them one of theirs. Also, on the street hanging around before the show a guy with blue hair pointed at my Velvet Acid Christ hoodie and was like “hey, I’m in that band!”

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

SacrificialGoat posted:

HEALTH, Author & Punisher, and Mikau all crushed it. About 3 songs into HEALTH's set, the drummer broke a snare and Mikau had to lend them one of theirs. Also, on the street hanging around before the show a guy with blue hair pointed at my Velvet Acid Christ hoodie and was like “hey, I’m in that band!”

Husky guy with glasses? He was the touring keyboardist in VAC for a while.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Konstruct posted:

Husky guy with glasses? He was the touring keyboardist in VAC for a while.

Normal weight and no glasses. The blue hair was a slicked back undercut.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

like half of denver has been in vac at some point in time. buddy of mine from community college IT classes was a founding member. I can't remember whether it was an amiga piracy circle or an atari st piracy circle but that band was founded on warez

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

like half of denver has been in vac at some point in time. buddy of mine from community college IT classes was a founding member. I can't remember whether it was an amiga piracy circle or an atari st piracy circle but that band was founded on warez

lol if you ever purchased a game or software for either of those devices

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Thinking about going to a Combichrist show mainly just to see Priest.

I saw them both last Fall. Priest is a real trooper performing in that mask, and was chilling with the fans afterwards; I got a selfie with him. Combichrist put on a great show, and he was very amped to be finally out of lockdown. I'm not saying he's not a dick, but that show had kickass positive energy.

If you have the chance, I'd go.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

I can't remember whether it was an amiga piracy circle or an atari st piracy circle but that band was founded on warez

the late 80s and early 90s were an amazing time for music

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

come, join us in the make music with synthesizers thread. the theme is nostalgia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019517&pagenumber=6

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I saw a setlist posted on Facebook of the SP farewell tour and it looked pretty underwhelming. I was hoping they'd pull out all the stops for their final tour but there wasn't really anything truly new there. Kinda glad I opted to sit out because of ticket price issues.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I saw a setlist posted on Facebook of the SP farewell tour and it looked pretty underwhelming. I was hoping they'd pull out all the stops for their final tour but there wasn't really anything truly new there. Kinda glad I opted to sit out because of ticket price issues.

I was at the Houston date. It was a good time in terms of hearing those songs again, but you are absolutely dead on in that there was nothing in that setlist I had not heard on previous tours. The band started later so they bumped against the venue mandated hard stop and didn't get as many encores. The stage show was fun enough, and they sounded great but I guess I'm to my grave never hearing "Spasmolytic" or "Knowhere?" live. Crowd seemed into it and they played all ragers.

So long Puppy. I wouldn't hate on a Farewell Tour live album when it's all over.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I only saw them once during the mythmaker tour and the set list consisted mostly of newer tracks, so I'm actually glad they're playing more of their older mainstay material.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I saw them around Weapon and it was good, but a poo poo venue. I'm so glad to see them somewhere with great sound and I can actually see the stage from wherever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beard Dandruff posted:

I only saw them once during the mythmaker tour and the set list consisted mostly of newer tracks, so I'm actually glad they're playing more of their older mainstay material.

The thought of seeing them once and it being mostly Mythmaker material is quite depressing.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I wish they'd let us know what they're going to do for Chicago. I'm skipping the MN show with the assumption the eventual Chicago show(s) will be rad.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The thought of seeing them once and it being mostly Mythmaker material is quite depressing.

I never did quite get into Mythmaker or HanDover. I like Weapon pretty well, though.

The really tragic thing is 'Frozen Sky' is the closest they ever got to replicating the old magic but it seems like they never tried to make anything else in that vein.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone got pictures of the merch booth for SP?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It's on social media. Some new t-shirts specifically for the tour, a hoodie, maybe some leggings? A tour poster as well. Lead into Gold vinyl and probably a t-shirt for that project too. The hoodie is of the pullover variety, no zipper.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 11, 2023

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

W424 posted:

Nice to see you here too :)

https://www.idieyoudie.com/2023/04/11/tracks-april-11th-2023/

Also half of Antigen Shift used to post here. Is probably still somewhat around.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Just got back from the Charlotte skinny puppy show. Jesus loving christ it blew the mythmaker tour out of the water. Plus for whatever reason it only cost me around 60 bucks including parking. To think that I almost wimped out and didn't go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Lead Into Gold played one of the most jarring, dissonant sets I've ever seen. Without spoilers, the Skinny Puppy set was super fun and involved and they played most of what I wanted to hear.