Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just unlocked Druid and have been messing around with werebear but haven’t actually specced into it yet. I kind of feel like what’s the point? I certainly do just fine in regular form and I lose all my skills like maelstrom. I haven’t actually looked at the bear skills, I’m assuming there’s stuff in there to make it worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kaddish posted:

Just unlocked Druid and have been messing around with werebear but haven’t actually specced into it yet. I kind of feel like what’s the point? I certainly do just fine in regular form and I lose all my skills like maelstrom. I haven’t actually looked at the bear skills, I’m assuming there’s stuff in there to make it worthwhile.

Yes there are, such as causing some of your werebear abilities to autocast maelstrom and other spells.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Please Read Your Tooltips

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaddish posted:

The werebear skills correlate to skills out of werebear form, taking upgrades along with them.

Edit: I'm actually thinking "oh god why am I not in bear form" more often than not now that I have the right upgrades.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 13, 2023

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I played the Lich Reaper/Aura of Decay build a while back and it's super fun. The auto-healing from the aura gives you a ton of up time on reaper while murdering things, but yeah it has the caveat that deactivating the aura may kill you lmao.

Bear form has a crapton of synergy with other primal skills like Maelstrom. I ran a build that was maul centric, and each maul triggered an entangling roots and summoned vines, and it was hilarious how quickly things melted.

I really like that this game has a lot of synergy between skills that allow for multiple viable absurd builds.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Deki posted:

I'm using the same one but I don't have the manifest armor yet.

Just seems like the weapons are kind of plinking damage despite revamping my levelling gear to boost them.

What's your +Minion Damage stats?

I've got:

+272% Minion Damage
+438% Melee Damage
+384% Physical Damage

These things loving blender poo poo hard.

Kaddish posted:

Not to be a dick, but like... What.

As others said there are a bunch of nodes in Werebear to make it use your normal Hummie abilities. "Skull Crusher" makes the Fury Leap tree apply to Maul. "Tremor Slam" casts Upheaval when you Maul too. Not sure if "Intimidating Cry" is the node that links Warcry to Roar or if they're just innately linked, but there's virtually no reason to be a person when you can be a Bear, unless you're speccing into utilizing the Shapeshifter buff when changing forms.

Also you can spec Werebear to make Swipe & Rampage both cast Maelstrom.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Deki posted:

What builds are decent without uniques?

Some of these eventually want to equip uniques, but they come online and can push corruption without them.

Cold DoT Werebear: Maxroll Guide Video
You rush around the map using a movement skill and stop every so often to roar and blast enemies with a large area, cold DoT root spell. Druid is one of the tankiest masteries and the build plays fast with great quality of life. Boss damage is mediorce.

Shadow Daggers Bladedancer: Maxroll Guide
Very fast clearing rogue build that spawns shadows and turns them into spinning blades which proc a high base damage ailment that scales with crit multiplier. Good boss damage. Creating shadows can cost a lot of mana so there is some resource management involved.

Crit Hammer Throw Sentinel: Planner Video
You're a paladin that vomits out hammers in every direction while cheating mana costs to live at negative mana constantly. Great AoE and boss damage. It has good access to baseline tank stats like armor and resists but struggles to add in defensive layers in the very end game.

Glacier Sorceror: Maxroll Guide
This build uses a craftable unique helm. You stack mana and gain huge amounts of ward by casting a high mana cost nuke. This build won the community T4 dungeon race and is one of the highest performing builds for this patch.

Volatile Zombies Necro: Planner Video
An exploding minion build that destroys the campaign and normal monoliths with three skills. If you want to push corruption with it, you'd need to do some tinkering to find the best things to pair with it. I've used it for leveling to empowered monoliths and recommend adding in Bone Golem with the Hunger node. It transitions very smoothy into any endgame minion build if you do find an unique like Abberant Call or want to target farm Lich's Scorn or Bone Golem stuff.

Lich: Crit Deathwave Planner Video Maxroll Marrow Shards Guide
You turn into a fast, floating grim reaper thing with two movement skills and nearly permanent haste. You poo poo out damage everywhere, are one of the tankiest masteries in the game, and have a ton of leech. The downside is that you will occasionally not have your Reaper Form and Death Seal available and feel naked and weak without them. Also your other abilities won't have nearly the same impact as your two buff skills, which can be a little boring.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm a melee/fireball mage with huge permanent fire aura. Lots of fun teleporting into groups of mobs.

The ability to search for keywords in the skill view is amazing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Captain Oblivious posted:

I already know how to use Microsoft Excel thanks, I’m good

I wish poe was simple enough to use excel for

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

xZAOx posted:

I wish poe was simple enough to use excel for

It is. Let the light and love of pivot tables wash over you my child.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Sab669 posted:

What's your +Minion Damage stats?

I've got:

+272% Minion Damage
+438% Melee Damage
+384% Physical Damage

These things loving blender poo poo hard.

I'm still in the campaign, will give it some more time if it's that good before the actual uniques show up

e: a couple of skill levels went a long way, sustaining bigger sword swarms and I have the other summon now.

Deki fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 14, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Probably a dumb question, but do skeleton warriors/archers/rogues get bonus damage from the acolyte’s +phys damage? It’s under the Minion Tag section but I don’t know if that’s a specific, secondary tag or just the more generalized one.

I guess I’m just trying to figure out how granulated the tags are.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

gnoma posted:

Some really cool builds

I just started a mage for the Glacier sorc and it is incredibly fun.

I also can’t help but chuckle a bit at all of the leveling guides that I’ve seen pop up. It is so easy to level, and with zero chance of bricking your character, go nuts! Pick the skill that looks cool but has a high mana cost/cooldown! It probably has nodes to make that better! You might not be the most efficient leveler ever, but if it’s fun for you* then go nuts!

*If being the most efficient ever is fun for you, also go nuts

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whew, tried the first of the arenas today and we were feeling real cocky until the last few levels. My friend got nuked before we got to the champion so I had to fight him on my own and he absolutely annihilated me. Probably could have tried to dodge out of the way of his AOE but I didn't and welp. Always good to get brought back down to earth when you think you're an unkillable monster.

The glitchy traversal skills really feels bad when you're trying to quickly move around an arena floor with AOE's blowing up around you. My sprint in werebear form kept loving up and glitching so it showed me running when I wasn't, or keeps me in place. I also notice a lot of times my guy won't be attacking because I'm not clicking exactly on the enemy. There's no ctrl+click equivalent in this game so you can't just plant and swing which I think would alleviate that issue.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 14, 2023

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Is there a point playing a heal-focused character? I mean, I guess so since healing takes a lot of Primalist/Sentinel design space, but I'm curious to see how they handled this

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

you can be an aurabot for your friends in group play, streamer alakaizer was playing with a paladin friend who was primarily set up to give him auras

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man, kinda clunky but bone nova golem is nuts damage

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

queeb posted:

man, kinda clunky but bone nova golem is nuts damage

I like the new bone golem quite a bit. More agile than before and yeah the new charge and slam abilities it has are good at clearing groups super fast.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Made it to level 96 with my spin in circles man and am comfortably clearing 200+ corruption. This game has a lot of cool stuff going for it, but the cap on move speed / clear speed is ultimately a deal breaker for me. I think the unique dungeon design and the interesting rewards at the end of each are points worth praising in LE.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Probably a dumb question, but do skeleton warriors/archers/rogues get bonus damage from the acolyte’s +phys damage? It’s under the Minion Tag section but I don’t know if that’s a specific, secondary tag or just the more generalized one.

I guess I’m just trying to figure out how granulated the tags are.

This is from the game guide, and I believe it answers your question: Modifiers your character has (such as from passives and items) will not apply unless minions are specified. For example, a passive node that grants increased physical damage will not apply to your minions, but increased minion physical damage will apply.

This game has a very good guide, and it's both in the game and at https://www.lastepochtools.com/guide/.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Noper Q posted:

This is from the game guide, and I believe it answers your question: Modifiers your character has (such as from passives and items) will not apply unless minions are specified. For example, a passive node that grants increased physical damage will not apply to your minions, but increased minion physical damage will apply.

This game has a very good guide, and it's both in the game and at https://www.lastepochtools.com/guide/.

Yeah when I was actually able to play tonight I almost immediately found a staff that gave a buttload of minion physical damage so I felt dumb even asking.

Currently working on summing a bunch of skeletal rogues to send in with my Bone Golem and exploding zombies. Is it optimal? Probably not! Do I giggle at the thought of a horde of skeleton ninja stabbing the poo poo out of stuff? Sure do!

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Yeah when I was actually able to play tonight I almost immediately found a staff that gave a buttload of minion physical damage so I felt dumb even asking.

Currently working on summing a bunch of skeletal rogues to send in with my Bone Golem and exploding zombies. Is it optimal? Probably not! Do I giggle at the thought of a horde of skeleton ninja stabbing the poo poo out of stuff? Sure do!

Skelly ninjas are pretty fun, and I've done a similar build before. If you want skellies and don't want to explode them, it's probably one of the better ones.

Edit: I'm leveling towards my infinite exploding skeleton roulette build, but stalled out cause I need to get a few more ranks in skellibros to get them to give me mana back when they die.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Started playing this as a primalist.

Can I just put points into stuff on levelups, is there respec? Or do I need to be following a build guide from the start?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Patch is up

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/beta-0-9c-patch-notes/53626

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Can I just put points into stuff on levelups, is there respec? Or do I need to be following a build guide from the start?

The passive tree is completely respec-able and it's cheap to do so (anyone in the hub areas with a brain icon will do it); mastery (the three subclasses) is the only permanent choice. Feel free to experiment and try things yourself.

The big piece of advice I've seen repeated often is to not respec your main damage-dealing skill until you have another one mostly caught up.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Avalerion posted:

The only thing you can't change is your mastery. Everything else is trivially changed.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I really appreciate some level of work having to go into reapeccing, in this case re-leveling skills, but I also appreciate getting a few free points as you increase your player level to get a skill at least partially up and running. It’s a nice middle ground if I want to try something new on the fly.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Bussamove posted:

I really appreciate some level of work having to go into reapeccing, in this case re-leveling skills, but I also appreciate getting a few free points as you increase your player level to get a skill at least partially up and running. It’s a nice middle ground if I want to try something new on the fly.

They also level back up pretty quickly!

I respecced a ton of stuff once I hit 70 on my holy trail javelin pally yesterday and I’m back to caught up today.

So yeah, I say go nuts with builds and respeccing if you want. It’s all very accessible and doesn’t waste your time.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I do wish there was a training room or something similar where you could respec to test builds without needing to relevel skills just to compare things.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Offline characters are basically JSON files with trivially editable XP values which made that sort of testing easy :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Offline mode is the way to go, there are people that are pretty dedicated right now to making cheat engine trainers for Last Epoch.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Any idea how moddable the game will be, given singleplayer?

I'll never get over D3/D4 being online only :mad:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

when you find an amazing item for your build DPS but your defenses would be bricked :negative:

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

frajaq posted:

when you find an amazing item for your build DPS but your defenses would be bricked :negative:

Can you make it up with shards elsewhere?

If not, simply never get hit.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
You wouldn't even take 2x as much necrotic damage, you'll be fine! :)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
It should probably be noted that you don't really need to cap resistances in this game due to the penalty you get to resistances based on the zone's level.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Nice that they adjusted that corpse dragon ability that was giving me so much trouble in empowered rifts, I just wish it got fixed before I finally beat him. At least my first kill gave me the crit suppression blessing I wanted, albeit not as high rolled as it could have been.

I still can't settle on a build to play. Flame Wraith Necro is essentially a totem build and it was fun for a bit but I'm level 90 and don't really want to use it to push higher corruption or tier 4 dungeons. I've been trying to research some strong AOE DOT builds that also have good mobility and haven't really found any clear winner. Might try a Lich of some kind but I still haven't decided.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
The skelly mage exploder build is kinda hilarious. I know it uses fire wraiths as a single target dps boost but it makes you crazy resilient. So far that has been my experience at 49.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

KPC_Mammon posted:

It should probably be noted that you don't really need to cap resistances in this game due to the penalty you get to resistances based on the zone's level.

Yeah; unlike in PoE where 25% under cap means taking 2x damage, LE is much more forgiving about not being capped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
It's my first time dipping into the game, and I'm not going as fast as some of the goons posting in the thread. But my build is really coming online.

I just killed a corpse dragon and apparently got his rare drop! I'm level 76 and I just started the level 90 echoes. This game is fun and chill, and I find it actually relaxing, unlike PoE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3IjteoN2no

Skills / Passive plan in the video description.