Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skippy McPants posted:

Lore Question: it's established that travel between isola requires passing through the pale, which is exceedingly difficult, and accomplished via aerostatic. So how does the Coalition move fleets of warships from one isola to another?

*Sigh*

Very carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Why at the expense of those flying them of course

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zeniel posted:

Why at the expense of those flying them of course

Oh, no doubt. I meant more, like, physically how. I know airships can get massive, but not haul a battleship massive. I guess maybe they could be some kind of hybrid deal? Where they fly to traverse the pale then sail to conserve energy and stabilize their guns.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

You can be given mental exercises that will reduce pale damage.

Modern airships move much faster than a sailing vessel that is being kept real by a crew fervently believing in it.

Modern pale travel happens along paths that are being compressed into something more real by high power radio transmissions (Ruby uses one on you.)

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh, no doubt. I meant more, like, physically how. I know airships can get massive, but not haul a battleship massive. I guess maybe they could be some kind of hybrid deal? Where they fly to traverse the pale then sail to conserve energy and stabilize their guns.

...is there any mention of the coalition using marine warships? People keep writing "gently caress You" on roofs for the benefit of the warships flying overhead.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

mossyfisk posted:

...is there any mention of the coalition using marine warships? People keep writing "gently caress You" on roofs for the benefit of the warships flying overhead.

There's a snippet in one of the internal monologues that mentions the warships needed to anchor into the sea floor to fire their artillery.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I have a hard time reading about The Pale or other things lightly-touched on in the game but clearly a huge deal for the greater world – because of what happened to the creators. Still hope either the lawsuit is successful, or the studio at large rebels until they're brought back onto the sequel, as the art book makes it so painfully clear this world was their creation over years of role playing games and such. Sucks to think of someone without that love being given the keys to presenting it.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Skippy McPants posted:

There's a snippet in one of the internal monologues that mentions the warships needed to anchor into the sea floor to fire their artillery.

"They massed airships further down, in the bay of Revachol. The artillery was so powerful, the ships not only required gyroscopic stabilization -- they were anchored into the ocean floor as well."

Big cables going all the way down from the sky.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Okay, that makes sense.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I am enjoying this so much. I'm in a bit of a lull on day 2 though and it's only 11am. I am waiting until 21.00 for the balcony smoker to return and I have to wait one more day for the water lock to be fixed. I've already seemingly progressed things as far as I can with everyone.

Speaking to Titus and the boys was the last big thing I did and now I am exploring the haunted financial building.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bedshaped posted:

I am enjoying this so much. I'm in a bit of a lull on day 2 though and it's only 11am. I am waiting until 21.00 for the balcony smoker to return and I have to wait one more day for the water lock to be fixed. I've already seemingly progressed things as far as I can with everyone.

Speaking to Titus and the boys was the last big thing I did and now I am exploring the haunted financial building.

You shouldn't be running out of things to do that early. Have you spoken to both the Union boss and the Wild Pines rep?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The one time I ran out of things to do it turned out that I just didn't pay attention to the leads NPCs gave me, might have been on day 2.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, I'd check the journal for tasks; I'm pretty sure it's impossible to run out of plot-relevant poo poo to do before day 3 even if you don't get distracted by cool abandoned buildings or sandwich artisans.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I ran out of stuff to do on day 2. I had to camp out by the smoker's balcony and read a book to pass time.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I’m still in the middle of a run where I don’t even look at the body and I didn’t run out of things to do

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

You shouldn't be running out of things to do that early. Have you spoken to both the Union boss and the Wild Pines rep?

Yeah back and forth twice for both of them. I have tasks but they are tasks that are like get some speed, get a lowdown on reality etc. and less things that seem to actually advance the investigation.

I've also apparently run into a brick wall with finding out about how drugs are passing through the harbour. I talked to all the drivers and annoyed Evrart so he won't say anything.

I'm not complaining either. I am enjoying just drifting from one thing to another a whole lot. I just feel like the next place I should go is the bench outside the Whirling-in-Rags to pass some time but I just wanted to get a sense if other people were also having this feeling of needing to wait aswell.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Everything you do, everything you grow to feel, will be validized at the end of the game. I promise.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I ran out of stuff to do on day 2. I had to camp out by the smoker's balcony and read a book to pass time.

Play board games.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Bedshaped posted:

I've also apparently run into a brick wall with finding out about how drugs are passing through the harbour. I talked to all the drivers and annoyed Evrart so he won't say anything.

Ah, that might be the one, Evrart will never say anything useful AFAIK, I think your only leads are the drivers and Siileng, you may have overlooked a thing there.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

I was awestruck once I realized i, Harry, was in charge of furthering the investigation. Literally I didn't know I still cared.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Now that I've finished the game I looked up what art the fans created and needless to say this is the one that most accurately reflects the gameplaying experience IMO:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

By popular demand posted:

Now that I've finished the game I looked up what art the fans created and needless to say this is the one that most accurately reflects the gameplaying experience IMO:

I too called my station and was taken aback when they asked about my lost gun

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Ick.

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 13, 2023

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By_T39ENlkg

this is really loving good

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

It really is. Heard it first like half a year ago and it's still amazing.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Ah, that might be the one, Evrart will never say anything useful AFAIK, I think your only leads are the drivers and Siileng, you may have overlooked a thing there.

So I realized I didn't go down the correct dialogue option. Even though I started speaking with all the drivers, I hadn't actually unlocked the options needed to advance things from Joyce.

I think in general my frustration of not having enough to do is that I have not been turning all the light-red dialogue options to dark-red and that's a little annoying because it's not how I like to play. So I went back to all the key players and went through all the dialogues I didn't feel like initiating at the time and now I've made it through day 2.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Had anybody done a bare-minimum playthrough? Like, what’s the absolute fewest conversations / choices required to complete the game (and does this end up being the same as the quickest)?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/zaum-resolves-legal-dispute-with-disco-elysium-producer-kaur-kender

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

Well, gently caress :(

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I don't like that. I don't really know what it means factually but it makes me feel bad!

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I can't believe he did actually harass a bunch of women in the end

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I just don't like the idea that the people who've worked on this world for decades no longer have any right to it. To me that's an entirely separate issue from whether or not Kurvitz was actually a creep who deserved to be fired.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Fascist Harry wasn't a satire after all...................

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
They resolved it by... paying themselves back the money they fraudulently took? Jesus Christ.

This was just Kender's lawsuit which was "hey, I should have got a cut of that poo poo" failing, right? The Kurvitz lawsuit to try and get access to the IP still seems to be in place (although might very well fail)

Also, more Kompus quotes, I don't think this guy is capable of saying words without sounding like a sleezy gently caress, is he?

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 14, 2023

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

quote:

In November 2022, a lawsuit filing alleged that Kompus spent €4.8 million ($5.1 million) in company funds to obtain a majority share of the studio.

Following Kender's suit withdrawal against Tütreke, the ZA/UM's majority shareholder, Kompus and Tütreke paid €4.8 million ($5.1 million) back to ZA/UM.

fisco malfeasium

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GlyphGryph posted:

They resolved it by... paying themselves back the money they fraudulently took? Jesus Christ.

This was just Kender's lawsuit which was "hey, I should have got a cut of that poo poo" failing, right? The Kurvitz lawsuit to try and get access to the IP still seems to be in place (although might very well fail)

Also, more Kompus quotes, I don't think this guy is capable of saying words without sounding like a sleezy gently caress, is he?

Mr kompus is helping me find my intellectual property

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GlyphGryph posted:

Yeah I'm not believing any one article source about this situation by itself.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So wait, who was Kender? I thought I was following all this stuff, but I guess I'm lost. Where did the story about selling concept art for a euro and buying it for a boatload of money come from?

Kurvitz was the main guy responsible for the world and everything, right? I actually didn't know he had dropped his unfair dismissal claims, which are apparently different than the IP ownership issues? If those are ongoing it's odd the article didn't mention them.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I, personally, would not consider a gamesindustry.biz article to be impartial in matters involving game industry bussiness, and what I've seen them be partial to is not encouraging me to give their interpretations much weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Kender was one of the original Money guys, he got bought out by the well known crook Kompus without realizing Kompus had basically used his own money to buy him out, which pissed him off enough to launch a suit over it. I have no idea how the law works on issues like that, though.

Kurvitz had two lawsuits, one whose details are unknown and the unfair dismissal one. The one with unknown details is presumably over control of the IP, and I didn't even know there was an unfair dismissal one or how that works where it was filed.