Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
She also picked a fight with the protagonists while merged with their macguffin, which is objectively never a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

She also picked a fight with the protagonists while merged with their macguffin, which is objectively never a good idea.
I wouldn't really call that a mistake considering she won that fight pretty handily. A sus kid with a bigass scarf showing up to Jesus Beam her wasn't exactly something she had control over.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Wth guys, Kromer did everything wrong.

Faust who Grips, meanwhile, did nothing wrong, for after all Faust knows all possibilities.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
You know I think this is the first time I've actually seen Faust smile in any art.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

I wouldn't really call that a mistake considering she won that fight pretty handily. A sus kid with a bigass scarf showing up to Jesus Beam her wasn't exactly something she had control over.

She only won that fight because of the cutscene dimension, I got her to 0 hitpoints with plenty of sinners alive but nooo, suddenly she's fine and all of us are dead or dying. The city is terrible in many ways but truly the worst is when people misrepresent their hp values.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

If you are going to fuse with something connected to Abrahamic mythos, you ALWAYS have to be on guard against Jesus Beams.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm still stuck on the Kromer fight! I entered the dungeon with only Liu Gregor / Mersault and N Corp Rodion as my 00 identities, with everyone else left at 0 for their support passives. Now I'm not sure if I can take her out or if I have to do the entire dungeon over again :negative:

Edit: VV ah! well, nevertheless!

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 14, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

RoboCicero posted:

I'm still stuck on the Kromer fight! I entered the dungeon with only Liu Gregor / Mersault and N Corp Rodion as my 00 identities, with everyone else left at 0 for their support passives. Now I'm not sure if I can take her out or if I have to do the entire dungeon over again :negative:

Yeah, you're going to need to do the whole thing over again. Sorry.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I did it with base Yi Sang, Ryoshu, Sinclair, and Outis, and 00 Lob Corp Remnant Faust. I did end up leveling them all to level 24 for my third and successful attempt, but got pretty close at level 20. It wasn't really optimal, though, since Ryoshu couldn't use her ego because of burn, Sinclair also couldn't use his ego because I was bottlenecked on gluttony (green), and Outis and Yi Sang both were dependent on Sloth (yellow) for their egos. There should be many options you can swap out for Faust
Basically save your good attacks on clashes, use unopposed attacks to burn your weak single-target attacks with a focus towards fueling ego, and hope that you don't roll tails on your EGO when clashing with the AOE attack

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

RoboCicero posted:

Liu Gregor is usable--because he doesn't add burn count, it'll all come off at the end of the turn. I had him in my team that got the win.

3AM Microwave Rodion is unfortunately basically unusable because she inflicts Nails (and therefore unavoidable Bleed), and Liu Mersault inflicts burn count, which is only going to send Kromer into overdrive--and losing Mersault in particular really hurts, because Chains of Others was really helpful for me.

I think you bring Liu Gregor, Yi Sang for Crow's Eye View, Outis, Sinclair, and... uh... Ishmael? Somebody to help shore up your colors, I don't remember who has what off the top of my head. And yeah, save Ego for the really big attacks she uses after she's Gazed somebody. It'll be doable, but it's a fight you've got to be deliberate about basically no matter what.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
You can use Liu Mersault but you can’t use his strongest skill at all which makes him mediocre; I just used him mostly as a chains thrower that fight.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 14, 2023

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wonder if the chapter 3 boss was bugged or something when I beat her. My team was pretty much all burn/bleed, and I got through that fight easily on my second try. Everybody was maxed out on ties though.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DrManiac posted:

I wonder if the chapter 3 boss was bugged or something when I beat her. My team was pretty much all burn/bleed, and I got through that fight easily on my second try. Everybody was maxed out on ties though.

Yeah, her passive didn't work.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I may not have reached the Mariachis before they got nerfed, but dammit, I beat Kromer at maximum Kromer, and I'm going to cling to that point of pride.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I've been avoiding doing a google sheets to map out a team, but it's high time to figure out my EGOs and how to trigger them. Thanks for the advice!

Speaking of, I would love them to color code the sin colors / add an icon when it's referenced since I can't for the life of me remember which color goes with what.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
as far as mirror dungeon gifts go, the name color of the gift is always the same as the sin color it mentions.

Beyond that: Wrath is Red, Lust is Orange, Sloth is Yellow, Gluttony is Green, Gloom is Teal, Pride is Dark Blue, and Envy is Purple. the icons on the top right of the skills help with remembering- wrath is flame, lust is a dna strand, gluttony is a leaf, gloom is a cloud, pride is swords, and envy is thorns. (sloth is some weird blocky thing, though..)

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress whoever decided on each sin's color. I'm not even colorblind and I have to concentrate to distinguish the blues.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DuoRogue posted:

(sloth is some weird blocky thing, though..)

A stone.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DrManiac posted:

gently caress whoever decided on each sin's color. I'm not even colorblind and I have to concentrate to distinguish the blues.

lust/sloth too
why is lust orange?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

lust/sloth too
why is lust orange?

Doubly weird when Pink isn't in use for any Sins and Red vs Pink is generally more visually distinct than Red vs Orange.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Cleared out QoH with triple Sayo... and drat, poor girl, she ate like 50+ damage from bleed in a turn and died. Kimono girls are just that strong.

Now all that's left is Wedge Office and then... Milli time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shastahanshah posted:

You forgot Charge you silly goose, and you know what THAT means!

lol

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I do love the double helix icon for lust, though
I'm guessing for colors, they decided to follow ROYGBIV. The size of the UI makes blue and indigo even more difficult to tell apart

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

No, she hosed up pretty hard with Sinclair.

Shouldn't have rushed things. She definitely could have gotten him in on murdering his family with just a little more time and gaslighting/gatekeeping/girlbossing.

she got a little too excited about (presumably) nothing there and jumped the gun

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Einander posted:

Doubly weird when Pink isn't in use for any Sins and Red vs Pink is generally more visually distinct than Red vs Orange.

Because it's just ROYGBIV, in order: The "teal" is a pale blue and the "blue" is actually indigo.
Also red vs. pink is absolutely gibberish for many colorblind users, whereas the picks they've made are better for that purpose: The blues are miles apart, one's practically white and the other is extremely dark. The red is dark and saturated to avoid being confused for the bright green for people like me with RG issues, and the orange is also bright and poppy. Combined with the shapes being even more easily distinguished (teal blue with very rounded puffy shapes, indigo blue with tall sharp and thin ones), etc etc.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So I just beat Chapter 2, and I'm trying to understand character passives.

A Sinner's Passive kicks in when they're in battle, and their Support kicks in when they're not, right?

Or do both kick in when they're in battle and the Support also kicks in when they're not?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Quackles posted:

A Sinner's Passive kicks in when they're in battle, and their Support kicks in when they're not, right?

Or do both kick in when they're in battle and the Support also kicks in when they're not?

Sinner passive in battle, support passive when not, using EGO activates EGO passive for the rest of battle.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Quackles posted:

You can tap the little power icon on the left side of the screen while in combat to see all available passives and their unlock requirements. And yeah, you get the normal passive from your 5 party members and the support passive from the other 7 selected identities.
They're all off by default and only enabled for one turn when you match the required number of colors.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Combat Passives also only apply to the Sinner in question. Seven Yi Sang's passive (reduce enemy power in clash by the number of Green skills divided by 4) doesn't reduce it in every clash that every Sinner gets into, just Yi Sang's clashes.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

Combat Passives also only apply to the Sinner in question. Seven Yi Sang's passive (reduce enemy power in clash by the number of Green skills divided by 4) doesn't reduce it in every clash that every Sinner gets into, just Yi Sang's clashes.

And (most) Support Passives only work for one specific Sinner, usually picked by some contextual criteria like "Highest max HP" or "current lowest SP", "slowest", etc.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
as with resonance, I haven't run into a situation where hitting a threshold for a passive is worth losing a clash (as inevitably, the most reliable color matching is done with weaker skills, since there's 3 copies of them in rotation). I suppose it's one more factor to care about when building a team comp, in that, all other things being equal, picking an identity with better color matching would give you a higher probability of triggering resonance/passives accidentally, but it seems far down the list of things you do to optimize your team

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
yeah basically I've been clearing mirror dungeons by mostly ignoring team synergy and paying 0 attention to ego generation etc and just picking my best clashers (liu greg, ncorp rodia, warp don) every time
winning clashes is about 2x more important than every other combat mechanic combined

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's worth noting that when the resonance update hits, I suspect there might be occasional situations where you want to trigger a resonance or absonance chain to boost your Offense and shore a clash that was otherwise borderline.

So that'll be more relevant soon (if I understand the mechanics properly).

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Ehh, focusing on clashes and not needing to chase EGO is kind of a luxury of this being the game's low-difficulty early-day period. The game's only going to get harder, so figuring out how to regularly rotate EGO now is a good idea. That's why the mirror dungeon doesn't depend on your character levels and that's why it's got one free entry every day.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I specifically had to chase colors for the final boss of chapter 3, but that was because I had more actions than my opponent, meaning I could afford a stagger, the boss usually had low speed, meaning I could protect the staggered character next turn, and the boss had a very high variance in attack power, meaning that it was absolutely worth losing a clash if it gives you resources to block a much more powerful one next turn.

I guess one issue is that staggers seem to happen to me a lot more frequently than in Ruina, perhaps because there's not enough identities to not end up with one or two characters with a fatal weakness to the enemy element, and being behind on actions really kills any momentum. 5v5 humanoid battles still feel like a crapshoot and heavily dependent on winning clashes, but given that they're new for both the players and developers, I'm hopeful that they'll get better with time

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Just wondering what this game is going to look like when paralysis actually works because it's everywhere and (iirc) reducing a coin to zero sounds really powerful?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

lets hang out posted:

Just wondering what this game is going to look like when paralysis actually works because it's everywhere and (iirc) reducing a coin to zero sounds really powerful?

it just means its counted as tails no matter what.

definitely good, but unless you stack like 20 its probably fine

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

lets hang out posted:

I don't think they said anything about it being changed to persist past the current turn, so it's still going to be restricted to Abnormalities (have a higher speed character Paralyze and a lower speed take the clash) or humans with multiple actions. Or when Gregor gets a high Speed roll and can Legerdemain to Paralyze two extra targets with the AOE.

I expect that if it turns out to be too good despite that, we'll start see a lot more enemies with Heads effects that lower their power instead of increasing it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

If it's a multiply coin, is affected by Paralysis, and rolls Heads, does setting that coin's power to 0 set the attack's final damage to 0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Just looking at my chars, Seven Yi Sang's green skill, Riposte, specifically inflicts 3 Paralysis next turn which would be a bit more useful.