Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I thought Osteo Striga was good, but I felt like I was always reloading. Dear god does the catalyst boost it into something unreal. I haven’t even tried it on my Warlock with Necrotic Grip yet, but it’s so good on my Strand Titan.

I only have a few LF Legendary campaign missions left, but I’m pretty burnt out on it. I know Calus is going to suck, but i need those exotic boots :(

def LFG for them and feel free to do them out of order, too. first legendary campaign mission I cleared was the last one, just to get it done. they go much faster (despite the health scaling)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
How do you all have such ridic armor and my rolls are lucky to have 65 points per piece?

Is there a good way to farm high-stat armor? I'm using the Ghost Resilience armor mod, etc, but most of the best drops I get top out at 60-62 stat points. My current best armor is 2019-vintage poo poo and none of my overall stats are above 80, including Resilience.

This is... probably part of why hard content is so undoable to me, but I just never seem to get armor that's better than what I've been using for years.

(I'm guessing that good armor is locked behind activities I can't do with bad armor, looool)

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I thought Osteo Striga was good, but I felt like I was always reloading. Dear god does the catalyst boost it into something unreal. I haven’t even tried it on my Warlock with Necrotic Grip yet, but it’s so good on my Strand Titan.

I only have a few LF Legendary campaign missions left, but I’m pretty burnt out on it. I know Calus is going to suck, but i need those exotic boots :(

Just hide under the stairs and shoot his toes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kesper North posted:

How do you all have such ridic armor and my rolls are lucky to have 65 points per piece?

Is there a good way to farm high-stat armor? I'm using the Ghost Resilience armor mod, etc, but most of the best drops I get top out at 60-62 stat points. My current best armor is 2019-vintage poo poo and none of my overall stats are above 80, including Resilience.

This is... probably part of why hard content is so undoable to me, but I just never seem to get armor that's better than what I've been using for years.

(I'm guessing that good armor is locked behind activities I can't do with bad armor, looool)

The highest of high stat armor is like 68 for Legendary Armor. If you're seeing people with 80+ points, it means they Masterworked the armor for +12, and also they probably have an Artifice mod for +3 and a Stat Mod for +10.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Yeah which is disappointing its the basis of the in game "Hey idiot heres how to play Destiny" thing I wanted but they didn't take it far enough.
What's really funny is my brother tried to pick it up after not playing since Beyond Light, and must have done the new light quest before the subclass revamp. So it counts him as a veteran and won't let him do the tutorial, even though the way you play the game has completely changed since then.

It's just like "yep, you have played before, you know how this works" while he was going "hey I only have one aspect and fragment equipped."

Also it won't let him buy anything from Ikora until he completes "learning light" and he has no such quest in his log or on the abandoned quest terminal.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Kesper North posted:

There are 2 main ways to get high stat armor.

The most straightforward way is to use the seasonal high stat armor focusing. Definitely the lowest bar because you get engrams from everything.

The "best" thing is to farm the master duality dungeon when it's on rotator, you can do either the final encounter or cheese galhran in the first encounter. The latter is definitely the fastest. This gets you artifice armor which is the best all purpose in the game.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

when I’m doing mod stuff the first thing I do is slot in stuff to get a category to 100 and another high-ish and then I build based on what’s left. I’m dumb as poo poo about synergy but it works pretty well and it means as long as I have a couple things with 15 in Resil I can hit 100 there (and note that some elemental Fragments come with +10 or -10 stats too, so you’re often fine with 90)

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
it's a shame that raid day is the only thing that brings professional destiny players joy, but it's also not might fault that they made the unequivocally bad decision of playing destiny 8 hours a day.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Hackan Slash posted:

The "best" thing is to farm the master duality dungeon when it's on rotator, you can do either the final encounter or cheese galhran in the first encounter. The latter is definitely the fastest. This gets you artifice armor which is the best all purpose in the game.

Is artifice armor only available from Duality, not other dungeons?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

artifice armor is the reward for all master dungeons. note that it’s only farmable on weeks when that dungeon is the rotator

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Listerine posted:

all masters

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

It also drops from master grasp and spire.

Hell if I know what anyone’s talking about with high stat artifice armor, most drops of that I’ve gotten have been ~61 with garbage distribution. Looking at my builds, my best pieces are all seasonal, Iron Banner or (of all things) Dares of Eternity drops. Plus the odd Xur buy here and there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

artifice armor is the reward for all master dungeons. note that it’s only available on weeks when that dungeon is the rotator

Subtle but significant thing here - you literally can't launch Master Mode of a dungeon unless it's the featured dungeon of the week

(or the newest dungeon, which is always available & farmable)

Shattered Throne, Pit of Heresy, and Prophecy don't have a Master Mode, so the only options for Artifice Armor are

Master Spire - always available & farmable
Master Duality - available every 5 weeks
Master Grasp of Avarice - available every 5 weeks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's available from other dungeons but Duality has the highest rolls and the spikiest individual stat rolls. Spire on the other hand, despite arguably being faster than Caiatl, will sometimes serve up some 59 roll garbage.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ah, appreciate the correction GGGC cheers

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

they supposedly buffed dungeon armor stats everywhere

fwiw zulmak consistently gave me the highest spikes, but that may no longer be true

either way getting back to the heart of the comment, a few stat points are not going to change how you approach difficult content

do you have a high enough power level y/n, do you have good weapons and the right exotics and do you have a good build with complimentary mods y/n

"good weapons" is incredibly broad these days, and you can get all the "necessary" exotics from the kiosks or various exo quests in a few weeks at most if you're playing a lot

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

can also do the solstice when that comes back, assuming they don't ruin the armor focusing and thus the only reason to engage with the event.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

ElNarez posted:

guardian ranks aren't significant

Aren’t loadout slots locked behind higher levels? Also some Armor Charge mods if you’re not a veteran player? I would consider that pretty significant

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

arsenicCatnip posted:

can also do the solstice when that comes back, assuming they don't ruin the armor focusing and thus the only reason to engage with the event.

It also has multiple event exclusive guns! Including a neat scout rifle just in time for a 10% buff in PvE next season, woo!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like this week's Partition is broken, no one can pick up the bounty :rip:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Looks like this week's Partition is broken, no one can pick up the bounty :rip:

Every time I visit Nimbus they give me another Polyphonic Shellcode. What the hell is going on with this??

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

kurona_bright posted:

Aren’t loadout slots locked behind higher levels?

Not the DIM ones!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Yeah, see, I'm the opposite. I would be OK with tweaking builds to focus on high-end activities but most of the time I'd like a comfortable build I'm used to that works in most activities across a wide variety of weapons. But now most of the activities worth doing after you pass the newbie intro material require a tuned build and some call for a differently tuned build each week. That's way more build tweaking than I want to do.

I meant to say this earlier, but one thing that you will probably value is the Artifact Mod 'Origin Hones'. It will let you really skip a lot of the buildcrafting nonsense (and allow for some great simplicity and flexibility) if you use weapons from the following pools

Ambush origin trait (Seraph Seasonal guns, non-Ikelos)
Tex Balanced Stock (Spire Dungeon)
Noble Deeds (Defiance Seasonal guns)
Nanotech Trace Rocket (Neptune guns)

There are some real heavy hitter there, like the Retrofit Machine Gun or the Fire & Forget heavy linear. Plus all the primaries & specials too.

These guns will all count as 'Surging' or whatever regardless of the activity's actual Element or Weapon-type requirements. You get the full +25% damage boost without needing to look at the activity's actual modifiers! And none of it stacks, so you're not leaving any damage on the table.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
You can make a build in game, go to DIM and save it there.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

kurona_bright posted:

Aren’t loadout slots locked behind higher levels? Also some Armor Charge mods if you’re not a veteran player? I would consider that pretty significant

You get 6 loadout slots by the time you hit level 6. The armor mods come from a pretty trivial challenge. The only triumph that actually matters is solo legendary lost sector flawless, because that was +4 loadout slots.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Truspeaker posted:

My opinion on the raid difficulty - as someone who hasn't raided since vault of glass in the first game - is that hearing that this raid is "easy" has made me really think about trying to get back into raiding.

I have yet to see any evidence it’s easy after doing it like 3 times so far and wiping a shitload even with people who got it done day 1. I still have no idea what’s happening half the time

I’m not a raider though, VOG is the only one where I could teach every encounter

Evilgm
Dec 31, 2014

Astrochicken posted:

Dawn chorus makes my head look like a brass plated mantis and i am not okay with that.

Fortunately there's a decent looking Ornament available for Bright Dust later this season, which will make this exotic much more usable.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It also has multiple event exclusive guns! Including a neat scout rifle just in time for a 10% buff in PvE next season, woo!

I fell out of love with Something New when they fixed the Dream Work bug but maybe it'll get some neat perks, I like 120s more than the average bear. Compass Rose was ok I guess, give it incandescent and then we'll talk

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Swinging around a corner to punch a dude in the back of the head out of nowhere is great fun.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah I find the new raid to be a bit boring for that reason. The 2nd encounter especially is just brutal because 4 people are just sitting around killing a few anemic enemies every so often while waiting for 2 people who may as well be on the other side of the galaxy to finish their thing.
I don't want it to be Harder, I just want to have some involvement with the outcome of the encounter. I want to be able to Save the Day if my runner biffs a jump and falls in a pit, rather than go 'oh well i guess that's a wipe; time to start over killing my red bars!'

The man cannons are a nightmare as well.

This is how the whole raid feels for me, can’t tell if it’s bc of the bugs or bc other ppl (not me) are loving up the mechanics which I can’t tell either way in any case but there’s so many seemingly random surprise wipes or short dps phases for no apparent reason it’s quite annoying

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The highest of high stat armor is like 68 for Legendary Armor. If you're seeing people with 80+ points, it means they Masterworked the armor for +12, and also they probably have an Artifice mod for +3 and a Stat Mod for +10.

Oh whew okay, I feel slightly better - that just means my stat balances are off and I have a couple of pieces that are a few points low.

...Wait. What's an artifice mod? Is that a Dares of Eternity thing? I haven't focused on Dares armor much, and I'm pretty much always happy to run Dares, Dares owns.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
The amount of people acting like RoN is a well designed raid from a mechanic/gameplay perspective is really funny. Challenge mode was way, way, way too easy and people are grasping at their pearls to try and pretend that ThE mOdS aNd LiGhT 3.0 are why it was so easy. It's a poorly designed raid that feels like it's a dungeon that got panic expanded into a raid. The best encounter is 3 by far and it feels like an actual raid encounter but with joke health on the boss. The fact that Nez doesn't incorporate any aspect of the third encounter and is such a loving joke compared to Rhulk is really stupid. Nez feels like a boss that missing 1-2 mechanics and a large chunk of health combined with bungie being garbage testers and not accounting for people just standing on a pad and using a well. The weird idea that challenge mode should be easier and by extension less of a challenge is a loving wild take.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Evilgm posted:

Fortunately there's a decent looking Ornament available for Bright Dust later this season, which will make this exotic much more usable.

the ornament is still loving Huge so if you wear it with a robe that doesn't have an enormous collar it looks like you turned Big Head Mode on

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kesper North posted:

The good news is this isn’t the case. While previously you could have been missing out depending on what mods you had unlocked no one is winning or losing an encounter or pvp match because they had tier 44 stats vs tier 39 or something. In fact it in pve all but maybe 2 of your stats are worthless!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Think you're mixing up Guardian Games (this season) and Solstice (next season)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Think you're mixing up Guardian Games (this season) and Solstice (next season)

Yes! Since always!!!!!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
The Witness just mindraped the Traveller and the Shadow Cabal won’t stop waterboarding human captives. Time for some mother fuckin’ GUARDIAN GAMES!!!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Evilgm posted:

Speaking of which, the classy Lament skin is in the bright dust lineup this week, as is the cowboy hat emote.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

THE RACE WAR STARTS NOW!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i am loving begging you to stop saying weird and nasty poo poo