Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Saving that to a .txt file now thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Barreft posted:

Also got Tower lvl 27. I have 1359 AK so silver's gonna be the bottleneck there.

It won't be for long. Once you get past that initial wave, silver will be much easier to pile up than AKs. I'm at T64 and those last 550 AKs before the fishing artifact look very far away from me right now.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Yep, same boat here. T67, 10bil on hand, but all out of AK. I refuse to manually fish so I've just been working on item GM's.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

One thing that I found helpful was to hide any items I had GM'd and no longer wanted to craft a lot of. There's some motivation to finishing off all of the... sturdy boxes (for example) so you can hide them and never look at them again.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ruggan posted:

One thing that I found helpful was to hide any items I had GM'd and no longer wanted to craft a lot of. There's some motivation to finishing off all of the... sturdy boxes (for example) so you can hide them and never look at them again.

It'd really be nice if they showed megamastery levels instead of telling you you're complete at 100k.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I’ve got 28 mega masteries now and you need 25 to get to T199. Looking through them, it’s basically all things you’ll always be crafting tons of like boards (32 million, drat) and twine or it’s fish. Obviously glacier lake and pirates cove fish, but also a bunch of others from grinding out GMs on the less common fish in other zones.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I know I'm rushing to get items, it's just because once the month ends my Alpha's gone and Mailbox goes from 120 to 30. It was a goddamn pain asking anyone to send me 1k of something 30 at a time, the answer was always no and I totally understand. (not goons, MarcusSA especially helped me a ton).

It reminds me of playing Elder Scrolls Online without the monthly sub and no infinite inventory.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
edit: I read gud

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Barreft posted:

I know I'm rushing to get items, it's just because once the month ends my Alpha's gone and Mailbox goes from 120 to 30. It was a goddamn pain asking anyone to send me 1k of something 30 at a time, the answer was always no and I totally understand. (not goons, MarcusSA especially helped me a ton).

It reminds me of playing Elder Scrolls Online without the monthly sub and no infinite inventory.

I'm on tower level 176 with a single month of Pateron, there's no rush. I've got more nets/ac/ap then feel like using everyday. Enjoy the ride.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

koshmar posted:

I'm on tower level 176 with a single month of Pateron, there's no rush. I've got more nets/ac/ap then feel like using everyday. Enjoy the ride.

Yeah looks like 1k AP is going for over 100g. Ouch

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

koshmar posted:

Sent you some gold cause I felt bad. LN/AP tmw?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

how the hell do you get shark teeth?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

hambeet posted:

Cutlasses in the well https://buddy.farm/i/shark-tooth/

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

hambeet posted:

Also exchange centre.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

Also exchange centre.

Do this one not cutlass's in the well.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

:stare: I'm close.

monkeytennis posted:

Also exchange centre.

This, but don't go too hard on making jades. Those are pretty rare too.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If anyone has extra APs and LNs, Farmhausen is accepting. Time to rise the Tower and start on Wall in the Way

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I feel so drat lucky. Between getting 7 gold boots in one cast during the event a couple days ago, I just now got a gold potato just after only planting 11k total

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I've started cooking in earnest now, how much am I going to regret making pies? I just ground out 25->40 using sea pinchers. Their sole use is to sell for silver right?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

I've started cooking in earnest now, how much am I going to regret making pies? I just ground out 25->40 using sea pinchers. Their sole use is to sell for silver right?

The two new ones? Yes I think so.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They're also worth the most XP. Probably not as efficient as other recipes due to the time they take but I hate babysitting cooking so they're perfect for me.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks. I remembered why I didn't make more pie pans, they use steel which is currently in high demand elsewhere. (Nearly finished red shields though!)

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I think I’m starting to hit the cutlass grind. Please send any extra spiders you have to crawling around to Jack Donaghy so I can stalk the Exchange Center.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I Love Topanga posted:

I think I’m starting to hit the cutlass grind. Please send any extra spiders you have to crawling around to Jack Donaghy so I can stalk the Exchange Center.

Alternatively, casually farm them or get your Lemur to Level 5. And then go "need x spiders" in giveaway.

I really don't wanna burn APs/Ciders on Misty Forest anymore. Not until I get a higher fruit yield. (Inventory capped at 1200 trees +perk bonus).

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

Alternatively, casually farm them or get your Lemur to Level 5. And then go "need x spiders" in giveaway.

I really don't wanna burn APs/Ciders on Misty Forest anymore. Not until I get a higher fruit yield. (Inventory capped at 1200 trees +perk bonus).

That's the thing about Spiders. Unless you're willing to burn APs/Ciders there, they're not a very high yield and the Exchange Center always wants 350 of them.

On the last go-around I had with them, someone in the Discord offered to send me spiders "until I told him to stop," and then I lucked out and got a Personal Help Request that gave 20 Cutlasses. I'm at 11/50 now on my next-to-last quest that needs them, and I don't know what the last one will be because it's not showing up on Buddy's Almanac.

First red berry pie hit the oven tonight, which feels good. Just need a Rosalie friendship day and a ton of dye now to get the grape recipe and I'm done collecting them for now.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

widespread posted:

I’ll definitely do all of this, and the lemur is already at 5. I just thought I’d throw it out there. It looks like the community center is going to eat everyone’s extra spiders today too.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
New colors quests dropped. Hope you like purple.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

NFX posted:

New colors quests dropped. Hope you like purple.

Had anyone else just made wine before that appeared? This must be the 3rd or 4th time I’ve done that and then had a request for grapes :negative:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

delfin posted:

That's the thing about Spiders. Unless you're willing to burn APs/Ciders there, they're not a very high yield and the Exchange Center always wants 350 of them.

Yeah, like I said. Maybe when I get a higher inventory cap, I might be able to farm more comfortably.

That said...

I'm legitimately almost to 4x99. Exploring's a slog still.

Finally.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Basically, Onion Soup + (APs or (Neigh + OJ + Ciders)), and pound Whispering Creek. That's how you get there.

Arnold Palmers become the limiting factor in the long run, it seems. The Trade channel is a constant barrage of "Buying APs for gold" or "Selling LNs for gold." I'm tempted to try "Trading LNs for APs" to cut out the middleman, but almost no one ever seems to be selling APs.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oooo Tower 137 gives me 1300 corn/potatos/wheat. My current quest is 2k corn and wheat. Time to quickly grind out 14bn.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Got to Tower 37, and doing A Wall In The Way IV and it's asking for a bunch of Jundland stuff.

Should I be able to use Ciders/AP before I try getting all these Jundland items? And if so how do I unlock that first?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Barreft posted:

Got to Tower 37, and doing A Wall In The Way IV and it's asking for a bunch of Jundland stuff.

Should I be able to use Ciders/AP before I try getting all these Jundland items? And if so how do I unlock that first?

You explore slowly like the rest of us, beware the sandworm. The AP/Ciders come after you craft the item that you need to explore Jundland to find the parts to build.

It's a lot of clicking.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I just hit the Jundland requests on both the Wall in the Way and Unexpected Visitor quest chains, and I've got to either burn 700k stamina or sacrifice it to the worm.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Jundland's where expeditions are actually useful - at least it was when I got there, since expeditions aren't subject to Sandworm hits. YMMV on if gold or stamina's more important, of course.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Barreft posted:

You have to complete Unexpected Visitor XX which requires a Crest that you'll either have from dumping stamina into Jundland during the previous 19 steps, or from dumping stamina into Jundland to complete Wall in the Way IV before dumping stamina into Jundland to complete the first 19 steps of Unexpected Visitor XX.

The sandworm can only steal stamina you have so you'll be fine as long as you're not like drinking 1,000 orange juices before starting the grind. IMO the annoyance of the area is largely overblown by its gimmick happening to overly punish long-term players who bank millions of stamina at a time.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

You have to complete Unexpected Visitor XX which requires a Crest that you'll either have from dumping stamina into Jundland during the previous 19 steps, or from dumping stamina into Jundland to complete Wall in the Way IV before dumping stamina into Jundland to complete the first 19 steps of Unexpected Visitor XX.

The sandworm can only steal stamina you have so you'll be fine as long as you're not like drinking 1,000 orange juices before starting the grind. IMO the annoyance of the area is largely overblown by its gimmick happening to overly punish long-term players who bank millions of stamina at a time.

Ah okay. I skipped a bunch to pass ATI. I looked it up on buddyfarm, I'm still on Unlikely Pair 8 so it'll take me awhile.

Just glad to have a direction now, thanks :)

e: actually confused now, would it be easier for me to just grind WITW4 since I'm there? Or should I go through all these corn quests, then Unexpected Visitor 20 quests? I hope that made sense

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 14, 2023

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Jayme posted:

Jundland's where expeditions are actually useful - at least it was when I got there, since expeditions aren't subject to Sandworm hits. YMMV on if gold or stamina's more important, of course.

Don't the expeditions also give Exploring xp? I remember reading that they did when I- on a whim- decided to spend 5 gold for the achievement tied to it.

Barreft posted:

Ah okay. I skipped a bunch to pass ATI. I looked it up on buddyfarm, I'm still on Unlikely Pair 8 so it'll take me awhile.

Just glad to have a direction now, thanks :)

Oh yeah, by the way? Get a Model Ship when you can. Unexpected Visitor 14 needs one.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

widespread posted:

Don't the expeditions also give Exploring xp? I remember reading that they did when I- on a whim- decided to spend 5 gold for the achievement tied to it.

Oh yeah, by the way? Get a Model Ship when you can. Unexpected Visitor 14 needs one.

I have 27 model ships. My whole progression has been weird and I wish there was an easy way to show it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Barreft posted:

I have 27 model ships. My whole progression has been weird and I wish there was an easy way to show it

How the gently caress do you have 27 :psyduck:

But yeah, you're Gucci for the line outside of Jundland grinding.