Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bottom Liner posted:

Lmao

If you're not playing on curve from turn 2 you draw no cards the rest of the game. It will enable an entire archetype of hand control with Widow, Iceman, Absorb, Ronan, etc. It hard counters ramp and top end decks that don't play much early.
I mean, you do draw cards. You play your 3 drop and then you draw a card. It blocks one draw if you dont play anything through T2 and two draws if you skip through T3 (which is fairly rare).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Lmao

If you're not playing on curve from turn 2 you draw no cards the rest of the game. It will enable an entire archetype of hand control with Widow, Iceman, Absorb, Ronan, etc. It hard counters ramp and top end decks that don't play much early.

It's also a likely +2 for Darkhawk, and bait to fill up lanes in a junk deck.

I also won't see Master Mold for like 4 months though so whatevs

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

No Wave posted:

I mean, you do draw cards. You play your 3 drop and then you draw a card. It blocks one draw if you dont play anything through T2 and two draws if you skip through T3 (which is fairly rare).

That's what I mean by playing on curve. Against any deck with an average cost over 3 it will deny on average 2 draws if played on 2. That's incredibly strong for 2 energy. It will also be combo'd with Widow most times for even more denial.

The only reason this card won't be seen as busted fast is because no one will have it for a long time. It will be niche because of their garbage release model not because of its power.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

When you try to draw but your hand is full is the card discarded lost or does the draw just not happen?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I disagree. 2 energy for 2 power is really bad. That could be a Zabu or a daredevil if you're willing to take the stat hit. You're also giving any quinjet player (one of the most popular cards in the format) 1 energy sentinels.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

When you try to draw but your hand is full is the card discarded lost or does the draw just not happen?

just doesn't happen

relatedly, you won't exceed hand size due to things like cards being returned which can sometimes be used to do things like playing cards into lukes bar

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Artelier posted:

Cerebro: All variants of this is tough for me, just because I tend to forget this archetype exists and it looks so innocent for so long. Did they draw Cerebro + Mystique? Uphill battle unless I draw Shuri Red Skull Tasky since there's no way to block ongoing unless you do a psychic Cosmo on Mystique.

If you can recognize it's a cerebro deck, you actually don't play Shuri. Plan to loose the lane they develop the most into turns 1-3 and put some power into the other two. Then hold Red skull for turn 6 and drop him into their best lane, which you already abandoned and watch their other two lanes melt when you break the Cerebro buff.

it's not an auto loss for Cerebro or anything and C3 is a bit more resilient to it, but if there is one deck I hate seeing while I'm on some C2 it's a Shuri deck.

No Wave posted:

I disagree. 2 energy for 2 power is really bad. That could be a Zabu or a daredevil if you're willing to take the stat hit. You're also giving any quinjet player (one of the most popular cards in the format) 1 energy sentinels.

It is for sure match up dependent, but it is a really interesting card, and the first one in awhile I wish I could play with on release.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 14, 2023

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Was kind of hoping for ink but this version is pretty loving swanky too.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I never thought I'd ever buy a variant but I couldn't pass up on this 1200g storm

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Guess where opp played their cards this turn.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Master Mold is out. Love the concept of the card but so far from streams it looks very mediocre. Negasonic next week, however, is gonna be both and infuriating to play with and against.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Negasonic is super interesting and slots into the kinds of decks I play (seize prio and cosmo/aero). Has some really dang funny potential interactions vs shuri with a cosmo out. Definitely the kind of card I would spend 6000 tokens on, if perma S5s werent a thing that undermined the entire token system.

Out of all the S5s that have been released it's the one that I feel should be expedited into P3 because it resembles cosmo/shang chi/enchantress in that it behaves like a very volatile tech card. Playing "do they have it" with negasonic will be real annoying (wait I have kang lol never mind).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 14, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

As with most 2/2s it’s about the ability not the power. I think MM will enable a cool new deck. Won’t be useful until they unfuck this meta tho.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Mastermold isn't perma S5 is it?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I like it. Seems like it would be an immediate problem for Thanos players.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
negasonic is the good kind of chaos. lockjaw is bad chaos

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Scrap Dragon posted:

Mastermold isn't perma S5 is it?

Nah. Just came out. It'll be series 4 in a couple of months.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

TIL that if you Galactus and drop Dazzler and fill up the lane (ie Galactus turn 5 and then drop Dazzler + 2 other cards on turn 6) she gets her boost since the game sees all the locations filled (since there's only 1 location).

Very surprising interaction.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sometimes I wish I could chat with people after the game. Because I really want to know what this deck is. It almost looks like a C3 Move deck and that's just wild if it exists.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

As with most 2/2s it’s about the ability not the power. I think MM will enable a cool new deck. Won’t be useful until they unfuck this meta tho.

What's the deck Master Mold enables other than as a Dracula counter and for Ronan?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Walla posted:

What's the deck Master Mold enables other than as a Dracula counter and for Ronan?

clog their hand with sentinels that don't go away (minus discard decks and cosmo). Don't know if it's good, but one streamer I'm watching ran it in a Beast and bounce focused deck to just clog the opponents hand and stop draws.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Chainclaw posted:

clog their hand with sentinels that don't go away (minus discard decks and cosmo). Don't know if it's good, but one streamer I'm watching ran it in a Beast and bounce focused deck to just clog the opponents hand and stop draws.

Yeah Beast, MM, Black Widow, Rockslide, Darkhawk, Ronan is the bones of it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Baron Mordos time to shine.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Would really like March 21 to get here so I can spend some credits.

Also: Can someone explain why Wong into Reality Stone doesn't allow for the movement of two cards? Almost cost me the game.

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 14, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

We really need Saban Marvel variants, I'd drop gold on those. I wouldn't be surprised if a '67 Spider-Man variant is in the works.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

lol

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

OxMan posted:

Basic strats for anyone else that wants to try it:

Always drop maw on 3rd next to sunspot but pref sunspot+scarlet witch because you only use psylocke if you ARE holding jubilee and are NOT holding either Shulk or Infinaut OR wave/death which is the turn 3 you take if you're not holding at least 2 of Psy/Shulk/Infi.

What's Scarlet Witch doing here?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Xavier has become one of my favorite cards. I have both Electro and Wave in my favorite deck for the express purpose of dropping a turn 4 Prof. Favorite possible draw in the entire game is Sunspot -> Armor -> Electro -> Professor X -> Iron Man -> Hulk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CitizenKeen posted:

Would really like March 21 to get here so I can spend some credits.

Also: Can someone explain why Wong into Reality Stone doesn't allow for the movement of two cards? Almost cost me the game.

Do you mean space stone? Because if not I found your problem

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nah, for whatever reason you can't have multiple instances of space stone's move active at once on the same location. Same goes if you feed it into Lockjaw and it pops back out on the same turn, or (I assume, anyway) if you end up with multiple space stones on a location via Bar Sinister, Moon Girl, etc. Honestly I'm fine with it, it's not like space stone needs to be even better than it already is.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

uXs posted:

Shut down double On Reveal? That's crazy, I love playing Shuri on those locations. Same with Sinister London, or Bar Sinister. There's very, very little other decks can do against the ridiculous power you can put down.

Yeah, I understand that sometimes it's the best play to not shut it down. Personally, among the decks I face, the easiest way I lose is to be behind on 6, and then get Aero'd. Many decks outpace me very quickly with Double On Reveal, or Sinister London (especially the Destroy archetype), since the earliest I can Shuri, assuming no Energy locations, is turn 4. If I even draw her. And even if I do, often one Shuri proc is enough.

As usual, it depends on the circumstances. Like, I'm not shutting that lane down if there are only 1/2 lanes that can have cards played, and I have Armor and Shuri on me already. Big numbers fun!! But sometimes it's easier to win by just denying the opponent their win condition.

GarudaPrime posted:

If you can recognize it's a cerebro deck, you actually don't play Shuri. Plan to loose the lane they develop the most into turns 1-3 and put some power into the other two. Then hold Red skull for turn 6 and drop him into their best lane

You are a genius, thank you!!

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Opopanax posted:

Do you mean space stone? Because if not I found your problem

I DID!

Cattail Prophet posted:

Nah, for whatever reason you can't have multiple instances of space stone's move active at once on the same location. Same goes if you feed it into Lockjaw and it pops back out on the same turn, or (I assume, anyway) if you end up with multiple space stones on a location via Bar Sinister, Moon Girl, etc. Honestly I'm fine with it, it's not like space stone needs to be even better than it already is.

Not that Snap's even breaking into the 50th percentile for rules consistency, but I was wondering if there had ever been an explanation. That seemed weird.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Youremother posted:

We really need Saban Marvel variants, I'd drop gold on those. I wouldn't be surprised if a '67 Spider-Man variant is in the works.

I worked on a Wolverine game once (based on that bad movie) and I tried so hard to get that '90s Marvel cartoon stinger in the game for collecting secrets, but the license holders didn't give enough of a poo poo to even look into it for us.

I would love some fancy Marvel Snap cards with other effects like that, a '90s cartoon variant flips up and it plays that iconic guitar riff

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

CitizenKeen posted:

I DID!

Not that Snap's even breaking into the 50th percentile for rules consistency, but I was wondering if there had ever been an explanation. That seemed weird.

i would have intuitively thought it would let you move 2 different cards, but i suppose the way the game is looking at it is you get 2 effects on you that let you move 1 card, and after you move 1 card both effects see the move and are expended. the inconsistency and ambiguous wording in the game drives me up the wall, especially coming from mtg where everything is very specifically worded and templated haha

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CitizenKeen posted:

I DID!

It's because the Space Stone's OR bestows an ability to the location: "Next turn you may move a card away from this location". In this it works identically to Cloak, in that if the location moves somehow - Starlight Citadel on 4 is the best example - you'll be able to move a card away from wherever it ended up, not the lane in which the Space Stone was played. And if the Space Stone moves (Polaris, Aero) you'll be able to move a card from where its OR took place rather from the location it finishes in.

If you want to know why it doesn't happen twice, you need to think of it like Jessica Jones. Jessica's OR flags a location and gives her the ability "Next turn, if a card was not played at the flagged location, +4 power". The power boost can happen twice if there's a Kamar-Taj effect because Jessica is the recipient of the effect and that effect will stack, but the second copy only overwrites the existing flag rather than flagging the location twice. It's the same with the Space Stone. It flags a location from which a card may be moved next turn, and if you flag it again the original flag is overwritten.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I once thought double ongoing effect meant electro would let me play 2 cards.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Electro's ongoing doubled should force you to play half of a card at a time. You have to drag both halves out to play it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

mirror123 posted:

I once thought double ongoing effect meant electro would let me play 2 cards.

IIRC the +1 energy is an on reveal and the one card per turn is ongoing, so if you can destroy or Enchantress him you can play multiple cards.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Mons Hubris posted:

IIRC the +1 energy is an on reveal and the one card per turn is ongoing, so if you can destroy or Enchantress him you can play multiple cards.

This is correct. Electro works great in destroy decks for this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chainclaw posted:

I worked on a Wolverine game once (based on that bad movie) and I tried so hard to get that '90s Marvel cartoon stinger in the game for collecting secrets, but the license holders didn't give enough of a poo poo to even look into it for us.

I would love some fancy Marvel Snap cards with other effects like that, a '90s cartoon variant flips up and it plays that iconic guitar riff

You did a good job because that game was rad