Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dead Boy Detectives got picked up by Netflix, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Skwirl posted:

I've been meaning to check out Gangs of London ever since I decided to see what Gareth Evans had been up to since The Raid 2.

What the Christ, *that's* what he's doing now? I saw a TV promo for GoL and it looked so over the top - in a not good way - that I just assumed it was going to be some Eastenders level bullshit with 10 times the guns. Like Channel 5 trying to do a modern day Peaky Blinders with nobodies or something.

NB - this may be an unfair comparison to Peaky Blinders as I've never watched it because gently caress subjecting myself to Brummie accents if I don't have to.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Sentinel Red posted:

What the Christ, *that's* what he's doing now? I saw a TV promo for GoL and it looked so over the top - in a not good way - that I just assumed it was going to be some Eastenders level bullshit with 10 times the guns. Like Channel 5 trying to do a modern day Peaky Blinders with nobodies or something.

NB - this may be an unfair comparison to Peaky Blinders as I've never watched it because gently caress subjecting myself to Brummie accents if I don't have to.

He directed an action crime thriller produced by Netflix and starring Tom Hardy that is coming out this year and it sounds pretty drat promising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havoc_(2023_film)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A goofy thing they've done on the final season of The Flash is introduce Red Death (with Ryan Wilder instead of Bruce) and have her constantly quoting other Bat-media.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

A goofy thing they've done on the final season of The Flash is introduce Red Death (with Ryan Wilder instead of Bruce) and have her constantly quoting other Bat-media.

The suit looks cool sometimes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
doesn't make me care enough to watch flash but nice to know that they thought up a way to keep her around for a little while longer

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1633190442006376448?t=uWjnz1vDtygZbix20xsIbg&s=19

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nature is healing, et al

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1633218989290823680?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Well gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It is Marvel so “not expected to be in it” could always mean “not regular characters but then surprisingly shows up at the end of an episode mid season.” Until they confirm recasting of the characters who knows?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe they're keeping him on the west coast and that's why. Although it would be weird for a show with DD, Punisher, and Kingpin (and let's face it, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones) to not be in New York.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
iirc in she hulk he says he's only out in sf defending the guy as a favor but he's usually in the kitchen

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In She-Hulk Matt Murdock explicitly says he's going back to New York, he was there to get his new costume and then the guy who made his new costume got kidnapped by She-Hulk's client.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think one of the few confirmed things we’ve gotten is that they’re filming in NYC and set in Hells Kitchen. But I mean you could certainly handwave Foggy and Karen elsewhere or Matt on his own. It’s a bit city. And I don’t actually remember where they all finished at at the end of S3 but it’s been god knows how many canon years.

I dunno. I still think the approach is “everything is canonish so we can bring it up if we want to but we won’t if we don’t need to”. So again, unless they recast the characters I’ll just be waiting for a surprise guest spot. 18 episodes is a long rear end time.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

STAC Goat posted:

I think one of the few confirmed things we’ve gotten is that they’re filming in NYC and set in Hells Kitchen. But I mean you could certainly handwave Foggy and Karen elsewhere or Matt on his own. It’s a bit city. And I don’t actually remember where they all finished at at the end of S3 but it’s been god knows how many canon years.

I dunno. I still think the approach is “everything is canonish so we can bring it up if we want to but we won’t if we don’t need to”. So again, unless they recast the characters I’ll just be waiting for a surprise guest spot. 18 episodes is a long rear end time.
At the end of season 3 they either were explicitly or implying that Matt, Foggy, and Karen were going to rejoin as 3 partners in a law firm.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Foggy wrote the new firm's name on a bar napkin! They were definitely going to be working together again.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

They cast Michael Gandolfini in an undisclosed role for this, he's a little pudge-face man. Could be the new Foggy. Not what I'd prefer (Ducks flock together, dammit) but certainly not impossible.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I have never seen this before, and I feel like everyone should.

https://twitter.com/HailEternal/status/1633363820318973960

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
They weren't the best Cage or Iron Fist but they definitely do a good Power Man and Iron Fist

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1633921156289011712

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amazon seems to be picking up DC animated stuff. I saw they have the original Teen Titans series on Prime now.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
what is the loving point of the DC tab on hbo then lololol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Soonmot posted:

what is the loving point of the DC tab on hbo then lololol

This is a new decision, originally there was DC Universe Infinite or whatever, that would have every single piece of DC media, but no one watched that so it got folded into HBOMAX, but then with the shake ups at Time Warner they've started offloading a bunch of DC media to other platforms.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can someone explain to me what the gently caress this Gotham Knights show even is?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A bad idea that somehow didn't get shelved when WBD wasn't going scorched earth on content. :rimshot:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

A bad idea that somehow didn't get shelved when WBD wasn't going scorched earth on content. :rimshot:

Like... why is the main character Batman's son but not one of the ACTUAL SONS Batman has? I get not using Dick because of Titans, dumb as that is, but why not use Damien?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Damien's already tapped for the upcoming Batman movie and WB got a tight leash around who gets to use what in regards to DC TV and movie properties to keep people from getting too excited for anything that could potentially be good.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they make up a new character they don't have to pay anyone else

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Damien's already tapped for the upcoming Batman movie and WB got a tight leash around who gets to use what in regards to DC TV and movie properties to keep people from getting too excited for anything that could potentially be good.

I thought they got over that poo poo during the Arrowverse era. They made a Flash show and had Superman on Supergirl while still trying to make the Snyderverse a thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Arrowverse seems to more or less be dead. Stargirl isn’t in it and I guess they retconned Superman and Lois so it isn’t either. So it dies when Flash ends.

And I guess with it’s death any power or leverage Berlanti had does too so DC TV returns to the general mess of DC media.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gaz-L posted:

Can someone explain to me what the gently caress this Gotham Knights show even is?

Garbage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

The Arrowverse seems to more or less be dead. Stargirl isn’t in it and I guess they retconned Superman and Lois so it isn’t either. So it dies when Flash ends.

And I guess with it’s death any power or leverage Berlanti had does too so DC TV returns to the general mess of DC media.

I know that, I just thought it indicated WB/DC was over that kinda poo poo in general. I'm guessing whoever pitched Gotham Knights didn't even ask to have Damian (or Tim Drake, or Jason Todd, or Dick Grayson). They wanted their own unique character as the star

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Opopanax posted:

To be more charitable it also frees them up to whatever they want with the character without nerds going not my Damien.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The series is already set in a nonstandard DC universe seeing as Harvey is not Two Face.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

Also Stargirl is over now, I think.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

ohhh yeah this is probably it more than anything.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They need to keep the names of the Gotham Academy characters out of their filthy mouths. that Olive Silverlocke name drop.

This does not have potential, lol. At least with "Batman's Son" being the supposed lead character. This probably would've been better as a Riverdale'd up Gotham Academy series and not whatever this is.

Dawgstar posted:

Also Stargirl is over now, I think.

Yeah. It's 100% over. Beth Mid-nite and Yolanda Wildcat show up in the latest issue of Johns's new JSA series though so he'll still get to play with those characters.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 15, 2023

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Gotham Knights feels like a perfect hate watch if I could bring myself to actually watching it. Haven't had a good hate watch since Under the Dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The idea that Bruce Wayne would adopt and orphan and not immediately turn him into a "child soldier" is a novel one at least, and does explain why they went with a new character. You could maybe make that work with Dick, but there's so much history of him as Robin that it would be a steep lift.

Unfortunately, I'm not sold on the idea that the kid playing Turner(?) is any good. The eulogy he delivered at Bruce's funeral was...bad imo.

But hey, at least Harvey Dent won't deadname someone.