Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

there are certainly some indigenous people not on the right wing that arent supportive of the idea of treaty but the main issue i see is primarily that a homogenous treaty of all atsi people as one group will actually strip individual nations of their agency rather than address the huge range of cultures encompassed under our white idea of 'indigenous'

It’s a pretty good thing that most ideas of treaty revolve around multiple local/regional treaties with individual groups then, similar to how the voice proposal put forward from the co-design process actually has local/regional voices as the most important aspects with the national voice acting as sort of an interface between federal government and local/regional voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Good to see the nsw libs asking the hard questions about the train fiasco yesterday: why were uber charging so much

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Based on my understanding of general public opinion, even a milquetoast Koala preservation policy that was agressively pushed, would see the ALP win in a landslide.

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2022/12/21/new-data-reveals-increase-in-logging-operations-across-mid-north-coast/

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...on-over-logging

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jan/05/nsw-forests-could-become-net-carbon-emitters-in-coming-decades-report-finds

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-17/north-coast-wood-supply-contract-extension-negotiations/100915142

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-06/native-forest-logging-protests-north-coast-nsw-election/101934810

Branding the current clowns as 'Koala Killers' would be incredibly effective and has the added advantage of being true. Brutal footage of the current logging, where timbers as small as 10 cm diameter are being harvested, is easily obtainable. Locally it is like a gold rush where the race to strip all the available timber will not stop until there is none left.

Not that a NSW ALP government would do poo poo about it. Chaining yourself to something seems to be the only available path at the moment.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ImTanujSingh/status/1633472638860558338

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Why?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
...I can't not see a giant shoe.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Stadium is named after Modi. Modi is a grandstanding bastard who loves tacky stage-managed shows of how much of a "great man"(tm) he is. And a visit by a foreign head of state is a perfect excuse to parade in front of a hyped up crowd that will cheer anything Indian(tm), (unless it's muslim) is the perfect opportunity to sit in a gaudy monstrosity and be dragged around a cricket ground.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Try looking at it upside down

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still don't get it, though I am pretty extra stupid today.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Urcher posted:

Try looking at it upside down

Toucan?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That’s a penis!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
shoe but upside down?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is it not a giant shoe? I just assumed it was a cricket thing, like a cricket shoe? Are they doing a shooey? I don't play cricket, or watch it, it's boring. But that thing is a shoe.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Ah yes, Macrobusiness.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
What does that even MEAN

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Don Dongington posted:

What does that even MEAN

rba are raising the cash rate so the transgenders can get their surgeries obviously

the article rants about immigrants so its another woke=thing i dont like from a nutbar

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i thought macrobusiness was all just ai / bot scraping aggregation or something. idk i've never read it.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

i thought macrobusiness was all just ai / bot scraping aggregation or something. idk i've never read it.

So just like any book or scholary article then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cartoon posted:

So just like any book or scholary article then.

bots write those too now? amazing.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
ChatGPT is giving academics the serious heebie geebies right now. It's already been demonstrated that it can write an essay on a particular subject matter that won't be picked up via Turnitin and potentially pass muster - but the bigger concern is that University managements will figure out a way to use it to create coursework, as the one thing it can't do is lodge wage theft disputes with Fair Work...

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Don Dongington posted:

ChatGPT is giving academics the serious heebie geebies right now. It's already been demonstrated that it can write an essay on a particular subject matter that won't be picked up via Turnitin and potentially pass muster - but the bigger concern is that University managements will figure out a way to use it to create coursework, as the one thing it can't do is lodge wage theft disputes with Fair Work...

Welcome 2 the real world professor

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Finance writer: The 3 US banks collapsed due to overvalued assets, such as housing and real estate.

Same article, 3 paragraph's later: However, our banks are perfectly fine.

Sounds the a paradyme is refactoring itself back into reality.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Comstar posted:

Finance writer: The 3 US banks collapsed due to overvalued assets, such as housing and real estate.

The banking landscape is different in the US relative to here.

Banking collapse in Australia makes for great fapfiction but it really is a lot less likely, especially with the concentrated banking power.

The government will throw a whole stack of the population into the woodchipper before a major bank fails

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
what do you mean 'will'

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Comstar posted:

Actually it was because the boards had people that weren’t white men on them

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
fapfiction :blush:

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Subs eh

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Will we get nuclear-powered doms too?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Already obsolete. Lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/05/will-all-submarines-even-nuclear-ones-be-obsolete-and-visible-by-2040

We won't get to see the TOP SECRET minister level breifings that have led to this enormously extravagent spend, but they really, really need to address this issue in some significant detail or it will be money pissed up the wall. It is so foreseeable that you might note that Guardian article is from 2021. And lets not mention our disposal of the associated Nuclear waste, a problem that has been 'considered' by not worrying about it until we actually get some (waste) in 2050. Perhaps the hope is that this will also be subject to inevitable delays so we don't have to come up with a solution for a bit longer. Or maybe we can equivocate about the sovereignty of the waste and tell the yanks/poms it's their problem.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

Already obsolete. Lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/05/will-all-submarines-even-nuclear-ones-be-obsolete-and-visible-by-2040

We won't get to see the TOP SECRET minister level breifings that have led to this enormously extravagent spend, but they really, really need to address this issue in some significant detail or it will be money pissed up the wall. It is so foreseeable that you might note that Guardian article is from 2021. And lets not mention our disposal of the associated Nuclear waste, a problem that has been 'considered' by not worrying about it until we actually get some (waste) in 2050. Perhaps the hope is that this will also be subject to inevitable delays so we don't have to come up with a solution for a bit longer. Or maybe we can equivocate about the sovereignty of the waste and tell the yanks/poms it's their problem.

Money... pissed up the wall? for Military Procurement? IN THIS COUNTRY?

Why I never!

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
I read the article and there is no conclusion that they are already obsolete. The SSN-AUKUS design will no doubt feature unmanned technology heavily (i.e plenty of underwater drones etc).

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The drones will be the little scuba divers you can get for your fish tank

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Interesting

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Cartoon posted:

Already obsolete. Lol.

you can charge consulting fees to advise on the optimal alignment pattern for the waste deposits

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/maximum_chips/status/1635820352625602560

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Paul Keating and Kevin Rudd are fuckheads.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Actually it was because the boards had people that weren’t white men on them

For those wondering if this was a joke:

https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1635331043216736256?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
keating is wrong on a lot of things but he's correct here

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Veterans are a diversity hire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Eediot Jedi posted:

Veterans are a diversity hire?

The only veterans the right actually loves are in flag-draped coffins.