Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I hope that this isn’t the end of ax and Manuel being on the show even though this would be a pretty appropriate ending to their arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
No way, there’s still empty bottle remixes to be had

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I hope that this isn’t the end of ax and Manuel being on the show even though this would be a pretty appropriate ending to their arc

They're brothers in music. Why would they abandon their brother for trying to kill them?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

he doesnt even seem to have larue for the numetal remix anymore

speaking of, curious what was up there. michael matthews was posting on twitter as of march 11 about having oscar fever and the 'mr amato didn't want him there' thing seemed pretty pulled from thin air. hoping it's just scheduling or whatever but if we had to lose any one member of the OCATC universe it would probably be him

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

That DICK! posted:

if we had to lose any one member of the OCATC universe it would probably be him

boooooo

Members of OCATC less valuable than La Rue: 1) gregg tarkington 2) mark porch 3) axiom/manual (traitors)

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

derp posted:

every time axiom sings it just reinforces how ridiculous it is that tim is the singer in their band, lol

yeah it's one of my favorite OC jokes

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

don't they reveal at the trial that tim just straight up stole the tune to empty bottle from axiom

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
yep, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMiSXtYloA

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
one thing I struggle to explain in regards to OC is that it's kind of a reality show in some ways, like yeah it's all scripted but most of the characters use their real names, one of them (Joe) is just literally playing himself, they tweet a bunch "in character", Gregg really was in two Ant Man movies & on AMC, the song stolen from "Empty Bottle" was a real song by this guy, etc. like there's something that makes this stuff feel real in some way...no sitcom or sketch comedy show could possibly carry the sort of emotional weight they've ended the specials with lately

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Also Tim really killed 20 people with faulty medicinal vapes

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
That was all Dr San, he killed himself in jail that's PROOF

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
The fact that Ant Man received praise and Fantastic 4 bombed tracks so drat well to the OC universe.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

The fact that Ant Man received praise ...

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

mutantIke posted:

Also Tim really killed 20 people with faulty medicinal vapes

Ahem. 19.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Dr Sans death is on his hand

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the sound effect over tim's rating of ant man cracks me up every time i think about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgoanR8BAMA&t=460s

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ahhh, man, about time for a full rewatch

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I honestly thought this would be a "series finale" of some kind

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i thought the end of the latest on cinema season was the perfect place to end but i think they should go as long as they're having fun with it.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I honestly thought this would be a "series finale" of some kind

Imagine them setting up and reinforcing a direct subscription model to avoid being under a creative yoke, finding themselves able to support the project they love purely on fan interest, and then saying "welp, time to wrap it up" after two years

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

holy poo poo

e: wish threads could have autoplay music embeds

Peanut Butler fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 15, 2023

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The goldeneye soundtrack is killer. This remake of it is really cool

https://youtu.be/TyspweHYBd4

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

not as cool as the silvagunner remix pigbuster posted!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIFad08jUEY

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I can't imagine them stopping any time soon. I just hope Gregg was able to chisel out all his tapes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They gotta at least make it to Oscars 100

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i started rewatching season 2 and its just unbelievable how funny tim flubbing the cards is STILL no matter how many times i see it done

when discussing 'escape from planet earth'

tim: that's not to be mistaken with escape from new york, with john cleese.. uh.. john singleton

gregg: kurt russel...

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I think Kallie Amato's "Oscars Minute" segments are the first time anyone other than Gregg has ever ever acted in line with Gregg's image of what the show should be. An amazing win after ten years.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

time for gregg to have a baby.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Civilized Fishbot posted:

I think Kallie Amato's "Oscars Minute" segments are the first time anyone other than Gregg has ever ever acted in line with Gregg's image of what the show should be. An amazing win after ten years.

Daffy Raffy tried it

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Gregg has no time for romance with Kaili. He's too busy with his only true love: movies

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
If they made another special this year and it was an hour of Gregg and Kaili talking movies I would watch it on repeat for an entire day. The two constantly bouncing between pop culture segments you hear at the gas station and the most insipid oscar trivia, it would make me so happy.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
You can tell someone has been trying to fit a Menounous-style character into the show for a while

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

mutantIke posted:

You can tell someone has been trying to fit a Menounous-style character into the show for a while

Tim and Kaili (and Ax and Manuel) making an in-character appearance on Bar Rescue, like Maria Menounos and her husband did. I need it to happen

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/i/status/1636495031904378881

I don't know how to get the embed working but this bit absolutely destroyed me.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Why is the Italian stereotype cat's first instinct to murder a child?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait to see mark play two out of the three pep boys

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Daffy Raffy tried it

Laffy Taffy?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

derp posted:

i cant wait to see mark play two out of the three pep boys

They should all talk like WC Fields, and whoever does the third pep boy isn't good at it so Mark keeps breaking character to chastise him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ChesterJT posted:

They should all talk like WC Fields, and whoever does the third pep boy isn't good at it so Mark keeps breaking character to chastise him.

I don't think Mark has enough of a spine to chastise anyone