Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I just saw a Shazam commercial with motherfucking Wonder Woman in it, and I swear to God, if WB just blew their end-credits camero in a 30 second ad spot, I will... have absolutely no idea how to feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Feige already said that Spider-Man 4 is in production and will feature a "street-level" villain.

Guess that means is can't be Stilt Man, eh? :v:

Hey, maybe it'll be Big Wheel.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

CapnAndy posted:

I just saw a Shazam commercial with motherfucking Wonder Woman in it, and I swear to God, if WB just blew their end-credits camero in a 30 second ad spot, I will... have absolutely no idea how to feel about that.

Nothing that happens in Shazam will matter going forward, who cares, imo

Is anyone seeing that advertisement going to be put off seeing in a theater if they were already planning to

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Nothing that happens in Shazam will matter going forward, who cares, imo

Is anyone seeing that advertisement going to be put off seeing in a theater if they were already planning to

Probably not but they will have what is most likely a surprise twist in the movie ruined.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If they’re gonna keep Aquaman and Flash and the entire loving Suicide Squad around post-Gunn, they’d be real dumb to jettison the Shazam family, they’re one of the only things that actually worked.

But of course it’s WB so, yeah, I get why “they’re gonna be real dumb” is the betting favorite.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1634307796396023808

Scheduling conflicts with the original actress, apparently.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
This doesn't necessarily verify the other leaks, but Marvel is going to federal court to subpoena Reddit for the information of the people who leaked the Quantumania script and all the upcoming phase 5/6 delays and unannounced projects (like a Sentry one-off).

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1635406694024114178

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Maybe Spider-Man is gonna fight Val Ventura, he's Marvel's most street-level guy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

theironjef posted:

Maybe Spider-Man is gonna fight Val Ventura, he's Marvel's most street-level guy.

The Enforcers: Fancy Dan, Ox and Montana

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

This doesn't necessarily verify the other leaks, but Marvel is going to federal court to subpoena Reddit for the information of the people who leaked the Quantumania script and all the upcoming phase 5/6 delays and unannounced projects (like a Sentry one-off).

That is wild. Can they do that??

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SlimGoodbody posted:

What was leaked wasn't the actual script, but rather a transcript (ostensibly for foreign subtitling purposes). I'm not a lawyer, but I think Disney might have a tough row to hoe here, just because the chain of where the leak generated is probably going to be pretty difficult to track down, because someone put up the initial Google doc, then someone else posted the link to Reddit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

Sure, they can ask a court to do anything.

Whether a court will agree is another question entirely.

Will Reddit comply if sent a subpoena? Close to 100%.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Even if it fails it can be a scare tactic for the future.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if you can drown someone in enough lawyer fees you can get them to do anything

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

site posted:

if you can drown someone in enough lawyer fees you can get them to do anything

I'm sure Reddit has in-house counsel and the DMCA allows copyright holders to subpoena platforms hosting copyrighted material to get the identity of the person who violated the copyright.

That is all settled law for 25 years. What litigation you can pursue after you get the identity is a tougher question, but it looks like the primary purpose of the subpoena is to find out who the leaker is.

Nothing about this is really new territory for the DMCA. It is also the same reason you will get emails/letters from HBO or Comcast when you "anonymously" torrent copyrighted material.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Please lord let this go to court and have Disney lawyers argue the severe whistleblower laws pertain to this.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's 100% because The Rock wanted it as his pet project and he has the clout to get something like that made

Kind of how Vin Diesel got a few of his projects made because of his popularity, like the third Riddick movie and that one movie that is basically a film adaptation of his DnD character

I'm still amazed that character had any legs outside of Pitch Black.

Aphrodite posted:

Vin Diesel is kind of the opposite. His stuff eventually gets made, but it takes years of him trying to make it happen each time.

It’s because he’s not a box office draw at all. He happens to be the lead in one of the biggest franchises around but audiences don’t care about him.

I still contend that he's not even in the best fast and furious movie, 2. Ejecto seato, cuz.

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 14, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vandar posted:

God the Rock really hosed with things, didn't he?

I hope Gunn has a Shazam versus Black Adam film penciled in for the future just to stick to it Dwayne.

Black Adam now played by Ricky Starks.

That would also mean that canonically the Symbiote hitchhiked from central Mexico to New York city somehow.

Riot spent most of the first Venom movie hitchhiking from across the world.

Another Sentry movie?!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
It's about time Sentry got his own movie considering he's been such a pivotal supporting character in nearly all of the MCU films so far.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

According to the leak, it is a Sentry one-off special on D+. No Sentry movie, TV series, or other Sentry content planned.

I guess that technically doesn't rule out him guest appearing in other things, but doesn't seem like Sentry is destined for a solo career if the leak is accurate.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Isn't Sentry who Steven Yeun's rumored to be playing?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

live with fruit posted:

Just fans armchair casting

See also: Chidi as Reed in Antman 3

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tokyo Drift is the best one and he's only barely in that one.

Also Reddit doesn't give a gently caress about user privacy or anything, they're going to hand that right over because it's not their problem.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

live with fruit posted:

There's some fan rumors, but it is not technically based on anything.

There have been no leaks about his character and the only info they have given is that he is the villain of Thunderbolts and will be "important to the overall MCU going forward"/likely appearing in other things besides the Thunderbolts.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

live with fruit posted:

With Jean Jacket as the Void!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

According to the leak, it is a Sentry one-off special on D+. No Sentry movie, TV series, or other Sentry content planned.

I guess that technically doesn't rule out him guest appearing in other things, but doesn't seem like Sentry is destined for a solo career if the leak is accurate.
They say that now, and before you know it he’s in Avengers 5

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I really do think WB blasting "this poo poo doesn't matter, we're releasing it because it was an already finished movie, we don't give a gently caress and don't expect a sequel" vibes is in fact going to hurt Fury of the Gods' box office. If the studio is airing ads flat out telling you they don't care, why should anyone?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's both, Sentry is rumoured to be in Thunderbolts, and then Yeun got cast in what they're pumping as a big role, so people are putting two and two together even if it doesn't really fit

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm pretty sure Sentry possibly being in Thunderbolts is also just fan speculation at this point.

So it's literally something people made up causing people to make something else up. v:v:v

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

I'm pretty sure Sentry possibly being in Thunderbolts is also just fan speculation at this point.

So it's literally something people made up causing people to make something else up. v:v:v

I dunno, I read it on Marvel Studios Spoilers and apparently they know what they're talking about.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gavok posted:

Black Adam now played by Ricky Starks.

Listen

You joke, but...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Spoilers subreddit also has a Mephisto one shot for next Halloween listed, so we’ll see.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vandar posted:

Listen

You joke, but...

Stokely Hathaway for Mister Mind

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

The Spoilers subreddit also has a Mephisto one shot for next Halloween listed, so we’ll see.

:sickos:

Anyway, I finally got around to checking out Wakanda Forever and, uh, I really liked it, despite the heavy, mournful air hanging over it. Well, until the hideously dull big CG face off on a flat deck in the middle of the ocean on a bright sunny day finale anyway, which looked really bad alas. I’m probably just over that kind of thing by this point. But everything up to that was great, I loved Shurri and Okoye going incognito in Boston, Riri was fun, and the emotional heart resonated strongly with me. Ramonda was imperious (sucks balls that she bites it tho, hasn’t Shurri lost enough?). And of course, Namor was magnificently Namor, loved seeing his kingdom and all their weird water bomb tech. Naturally, he has to be an rear end in a top hat about things but hey, it’s a given. Even then, his final fight had me wincing with all the clawing and stabbings (his ankle, owwwww)

So yeah, it worked for me much more than the first one, felt much more engaging.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah that ship fight was pretty clunky, I agree

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Vandar posted:

Listen

LISTEN!

The Acclaimed's the new Billy Batson and the new Freddy Freeman
Black Adam's like Namor, always surrounded by some seamen
Dr. Sivanna boasting about he a super genius
Bald man with one eye, out here looking like a penis
Scream my name and the two of us are blessed with godly powers
I got experience wrestling with a worm for two hours
Seven Sins out there acting like seven hams
Here in Fawcett City everybody loves the Shazams!

"Fawcett City! The Shazams have arrived! Scissor me, Wizard of rear end!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1635989232165728259

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snyder about to drop a fresh new techno track.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

He’s opening up a Darkseid themed ghost kitchen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A comic, or DCUAOM movie maybe?

(Wow did they make that acronym terrible.)

No way they're continuing any live action stuff with the current changes, and the Snyder Cut bombing.