Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

It pisses me off to see a movie I love referenced in such a stupid way. What does any of that stuff have to do with the film?!

Alhazred posted:

I mean, you tell me. This is taken from the norwegian book How To Make A Baby that I read to kindergartners:

This is probably fine for educational purposes in regards to young children, but Americans are super uncomfortable when it comes to sex and sexuality and would NEVER allow this in schools. Violence is much more socially acceptable here, have the couple shoot at each other instead and make it a book about Gun Use and now that's something we can put in the elementary school library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Now that we know the massive price tag for nuclear submarines the obvious questions are being asked about what the government is going to do to pay for it.

Rowe:

Downes:

NDIS = National Disability Insurance Scheme. Peter Dutton says Coalition would support NDIS cuts to pay for Aukus submarines (Guardian)

Lethbridge:

Shakespeare:

Knight:

Golding:

Spooner:

Spooner puts out some weirdly US specific cartoons; if I didn't know who Janet Yellen was then I might have thought this was submarine related like the others rather than about the bank collapse.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily
The Earth is crying by Li Min

I think this is targeted against the Japanese going by the flags on their arms, but I'm not sure why.

I think there's a scheduled release of contaminated water from Fukushima coming up?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

quote:

JANUARY 6 LIES EXPOSED

Tucker Carlson released January 6th footage which revealed the so-called ‘insurrection’ was not an insurrection at all.

It was largely a peaceful protest. The Trump supporters who entered the Capitol Dome that day arrived to protest a stolen presidential election. They mostly marched in orderly fashion and some even received help from the police. One protestor known as the ‘Q Shaman’ was accompanied by the police who acted as ‘tour guides.’ Compare the peaceful and unarmed January 6 protest to the violent, destructive conflagrations put on by Antifa and we find there is big difference. Antifa is a Marxist outfit and the Democrats made sure they got away with their crimes.

You might wonder why the horn-wearing Shaman and Trump supporter, Jacob Chansley, plead guilty on the insurrection charges. The answer is simple. The Democrat prosecutors probably threatened him with 20 years for something such as threatening to kill Mike Pence (which he certainly did not do). Chansley settled for nearly 4 years in prison, which is grossly unfair because he lacked the exculpatory video evidence to which he and all the J6 protestors were entitled.

Many Trump supporters were arrested for simply walking on Capitol grounds. They were welcomed there by FBI operatives. Doors were opened for them. For that, many hundreds were sent to prison—including a hell hole prison in Washington D.C. where they were denied due process and brutally beaten by guards who were trained to despise the MAGA-minded. The patriots who received long prison sentences should be considered political prisoners.

Carlson proved what we already knew: That the January 6th Select Committee was incredibly biased and anti-Trump. They cherry-picked footage and hired a movie director to put together clips that seemed to prove their drummed-up charges of a Trump-led insurrection.

It was all lies.

The Committee members included two Republican—RINOs LIz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger. All of the members gushed out lies. The Committee was not interested in allowing refutation. Theirs was Soviet-style kangaroo court and it was determined to get even with Trump and his supporters. Unfortunately for Trump’s supporters, they received the KGB treatment. This is what America has become. It’s a disgrace and outrage.

Comically, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer demanded FoxNews censor Tucker Carlson for ‘the sake of Democracy.’ Democracy apparently means no free speech according to Schumer.

quote:

THE BLOB OF BIG GOVERNMENT- IT JUST KEEPS GROWING
In the iconic Steve McQueen sci-fi/horror movie, “The Blob,” you may have noticed the blob had a rather modest start. It came from a small meteorite that cracked open. By the end of the movie, it had grown to epic proportions through blind rapacity.

Our government is pretty much the same. It started out small—thanks to our Founding Fathers—but eventually it grew into a gigantic, malicious monster. ‘We The People’ are growing increasingly afraid of the ravenous parasite that is consuming its host.

If the blob has any real purpose, it’s this: It wants to incorporate the individual into itself. That way the individual can offer no resistance. It becomes part of the blob and does its bidding. The blob wants to do away with equal justice and the rule of the law. The blob’s law is ‘might makes right’ and the blob has a lot of might.

The blob’s abusive all-for-me-none-for-you nature permeates and penetrates into every institution, home, and school. It spreads its bloody slime of corruption, greed, and selfishness. Those who object are forced into submission and devoured. The blob destroys everything that is decent and good. You like your Second Amendment? You can soon kiss it goodbye. You like privacy and freedom? They are already being absorbed into the blob at an increasingly frightening rate. Freedom of speech? The blob always has the final say. The blob determines reality. The light of truth and reason gets eclipsed by the blob’s formless evil.

The leviathan government blob currently belches out lies such as ‘climate change’ and ‘a man can be a woman.’ These inventions are designed to confuse and paralyze victims while advancing the blob’s nefarious purpose, which is the expansion of evil. Soon we will have a world government blob and it will continue drain everything decent and good, while eliminating all resistance and hope. Its sheer cumbersome weight and power will ultimately break every man, woman, and child. Not only in the US, but in the entire world. In the entire universe of the blob could engage in space travel.

Justice and freedom will soon be forgotten myths if we let the government blob have its way.

One question remains:

How do we defeat this blob?

As patriots, we must halt the blob’s spread. It would be nice to send it all some arctic nether region like in the movie, but short of that we must freeze the Deep State Swamp and its alphabet institutions (CIA, FBI, NSA, CDC, IRS, ATF, IRS, ETC). We must end the Federal Reserve. This can take place by means of a peaceful revolution, but one way or another we must halt the bulge of corruption and tyrannical actions by means of meting out justice. We must cut off the blood flow to the blob. The cancerous blob thrives on easy, free money at the expense of its victims. It must end!

In order to restore freedom and the possibility of peace and happiness, we must destroy the blob and start over by keeping a new and little blob confined into that small meteorite, which is the rule of law.

quote:

SILICON VALLEY BANK, JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG

Update: U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen rules out a bailout of collapsed Silicon Valley Bank.

Silicon Valley Bank is yet another example of corruption in the banking sector. I’ve read that SVB is the second largest banking failure in US history.

A woke and ‘green’ bank, SVB was devoted to ‘DIE,’ or Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.

Maybe the latter in particular contributed to their collapse, but before it did go bust executives running the sorry show made sure they cashed out of their stock and rewarded all the top executives with generous bonuses. The taxpayers will pick up the rest of the tab via FDIC insurance.

A lot about this bank collapse sounds familiar. Jim Cramer recommended the stock ahead of its demise—just like he did with Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers. Of course, Cramer should be put on the ignore list after he pounded the table and insisted on forced Covid vaccinations for everyone in America. The man sided with tyranny. Don’t side with him—ever again.

Then there is the billionaire class that always seems to come out on top. Peter Thiel’s fund withdrew most of its money out of SVB just in time. Perhaps Thiel possessed better inside information due to his Palantir ball or something, or it could be that he is smart and always knows when it’s time to ‘get out.’ My point is the insiders always have the advantage. Regular investors become bag holders.

We need a criminal investigation into SVC, but most likely they will be bailed out before the collapse of more financial institutions is triggered. We know Wells Fargo has problems, almost on a continuous basis. Apparently deposits were disappearing and many customers complained of incorrect balances. WF is a criminal organization that has already paid large fines in the past—just like Pfizer.

I’m hardly the one to dispense financial advice, but be careful with banks—especially the large ones. I once went ‘all in’ on silver and I was convinced that I would make a fortune. Instead JPM crushed silver through illegal shorting and manipulation. They paid a fine, but the damage was done. Starting on May 1, 2011, their traders illegally colluded and shorted silver—and in a year or two the shiny metal collapsed down to $13. It forced me to realize just how much power and influence the big banks possessed. The average Joe stands no chance against them. That’s why I would not keep an inordinate amount of money in any bank—especially during these unstable times. One could wake up and find their banks declaring bankruptcy and their money gone.

The ultimate blame belongs to the Federal Reserve. It was set up with the promise of ending booms and busts. Instead, they intentionally brought about continuous booms and busts. The Roaring 20s and easy credit. Then the Great Depression made longer by FDR’s bad policies that benefited big banks who wanted to buy up infrastructure for pennies on the dollar. Then we had the post-WWII boom, the inflation bubble caused by the Vietnam War and LBJ’s ‘Great Society’ spending. We experienced very high interest rates under Jimmy Carter. Fed Chairman Paul Volcker stepped in and raised them to ridiculous highs in order to counter inflation as well as crush the gold and silver ‘bubble.’ Then we got the housing bubble, the Internet bubble, the post-9-11 stock market crash, and the 2008 bank crash due to their criminal manipulation of housing derivatives. After that we got the ‘everything bubble,’ which may be crashing right now. Will SVB trigger more failure? Maybe not right away, but the dollar is fundamentally flawed and it won’t take much for another Great Depression. Perhaps the BRICS countries will trigger it. Or maybe WWIII.

We live in perilous times. We could see some ’titanic’ economic destruction. I still favor “real money:” gold and silver, but it wouldn’t hurt to stock up on storable food, ammo, and easily-traded items such as packs of cigarettes, toilet paper, medicine, and/or small bottles of booze.

quote:

DEATH OF THE DOLLAR

BRICS is an acronym for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. They are countries that want to free themselves from the dollar-based US hegemony.

The dollar may be the ‘world’s reserve currency,’ but chains are made to be broken. The BRICS countries want trade to be more free and fair. They do not wish to be yoked to a slave currency based on debt.

The money masters behind our debt currency, the US dollar, are able to counterfeit as much of it as they like in order to further their wealth and power. Citizens are required to pay it all back with interest, which ultimately we cannot do without counterfeiting ourselves and if we tried, we’d be tossed in prison. Even worse, banks are allowed to engage in fractional reserve banking, which means they can loan out money many times what they have on deposit. When their loans and ‘investments’ go bad and they’re on the edge of collapse, those in charge start threatening contagion and economic disaster. The Federal Reserve then steps in to bail out the failed banks. Their managers even get bonuses! This happens over and over again. The bankers enjoy privatized profits while their losses are socialized. This is not capitalism! The powerless citizens (seen as suckers by bankers) are forced to pick up the tab by means of inflation and a devalued currency.

The US dollar was once based on commodities—gold, silver, and copper. It was constitutional money and since the birth of the nation the dollar was more or less stable and held its value all the way up to the Civil War. Then Lincoln decided to print up ‘fiat’ greenback currency to pay for war debt. Even though he tried to keep the printing commensurate with war production, the value of the dollar went down nearly 50 percent. Peacetime prosperity enabled the dollar to bounce back, but when the Federal Reserve was created, it began to quickly lose value. Since 1913, the dollar has lost 98 percent of its purchasing power.

The globalists, who like to call themselves ‘the elite’ have grown fabulously rich and powerful as they stripped US citizens of their hard-earned labor by means of onerous income taxes. Their purchased politicians stripped us of our rights and liberties and sent many generations of young people to die in their wars designed to bring about world government, which they cynically call ‘our democracy.’

It’s no wonder the BRICS nations are rebelling. They want to use their own stable currency—one based on commodities. China has been dumping US Treasuries in favor of gold. Putin has created a gold-based Ruble. The US should rebel too by ending the Federal Reserve, ending fractional reserve banking, and return to commodity based currency. The latter seems like a pipe dream at this point. The globalist bankers seem bent on destroying, then controlling the smaller banks through means of raising rates to fight the inflation they created. There can’t be a strong economy with inflation, and inflation cannot be conquered without much higher interest rates. Either inflation dies or the dollar dies. The money masters may have chosen the latter. They want to replace the dollar with CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency). They greatly desire software money designed to control a global population. The money masters will gain exponentially more power and control because it will come with a Chinese-style system of social credit control. Dissent will be punished instantly and ruthlessly. Castro’s son, Justin Trudeau, already did this in Canada when he ordered the trucker protestors’ bank accounts shut down. China may be buying gold, but the citizens there will not see a particle of that—their subjugation will be rendered complete should China move to a completely digital currency.

It remains to be seen if all the BRICS countries will implement a commodity-based currency for trade while avoiding such a parallel digital currency, but one thing they have in common is a marked distaste for the global dominance being meted out by the US at the behest of globalist tyrants. Mexico floated the idea of joining BRICS, and they were immediately threatened by military action by some in Congress. They talked about going after Mexico’s drug cartels. Still, the US can’t crush all those wishing to free themselves from the debt dollar. Saudi Arabia and Iran are considering joining BRICS. Even Turkey! These countries are not like Libya and will be far more difficult to crush.

The US needs to abandon global empire, close its borders, end the wars, end the Fed, end the IRS, enact term limits to prevent a corrupt Congress, and return sound money and constitutional rights to We The People.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Okay, DEBT war and taxes I get, but what is Garrison's problem with YAAAUGH!?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ben Garrison’s Akira

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

:jerkbag:

Jeff Danziger

This certainly implies that China and Russia will be making out in a few minutes.

Jeff Stahler

"Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget that until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,—‘Wait and hope.’"

Matt Davies

The FDIC is completely useless to bad bankers; in fact, it may actually be counterproductive to them. A confusing cartoon.

Ann Telnaes

Pretty sure the left one of these is made out of cardboard.

Lee Judge

When the time comes to summarize the work of Lee Judge, we will certainly be able to say that he recognized one important fact: sometimes California has weather.

Mike Smith

Honestly, I would have been pretty happy to get a train set that did this when I was a lad.

John Branch

Biden is going to order fighters to shoot down Texas. An unusually hopeful cartoon.

Jimmy Margulies

It's been done.

Ed Gamble

The Republicans aren't going to come up with their own budget, they're just going to take a giant pair of scissors to Biden's because they have no original ideas. A good cartoon.

Wait... that is the actual cartoon. Is Gamble feeling okay?

David M. Hitch

"If they want this thing I'm lying about, how come they want this other thing I'm lying about?" - A Very Smart Man

Bill Bramhall

Ron DeSantis is not crazy. An incredibly controversial cartoon.

Dave Granlund

Just in case one cartoon was not sufficient Pothole Content.

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 15, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lareine posted:

The bankers enjoy privatized profits while their losses are socialized. This is not capitalism!

I have some bad news for you Ben.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Skios posted:

John Deering

Tom Stiglich

gently caress it, all four of these get this nom.

Kellies Nomination: Worst A Thing Happened

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does McCoy have the same multiple-week lead time as like Garfield and Family Circus? The gas stove thing feels like it was three outrage cycles away at this point.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

While he has a comic strip he runs with his brother, those are normal political cartoons and run on a more timely schedule. Maybe he really loves his gas stove.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Why does this look like a panel from Tails Gets Trolled?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

That's prime avatar material.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: We Still Identify As a Democracy

Ted Rall posted:

The Biden Administration has decided to continue the Trump Administration’s policy of requiring transgender women who were assigned at birth as male to register under the Selective Service System for military service.

First Dog on the Moon: Rambo the fox! Wanted dead or alive (preferably dead)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh gently caress off Rall

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: We Still Identify As a Democracy

this comic really highlights to me what's so irritable about political cartoonists in general and rall specifically, that he's so convinced that he is uniquely qualified to comment on issues like this, that his perspective is worth sharing - not just as a poorly thought out tweet like a normal person might do - but as a whole comic to be passed around everywhere it might be seen, which i think is exactly this thread and maybe a facebook group

honestly it gives me the tiniest, microscopic amount of respect for prickly city. stantis truly has nothing of value to say and that's very well reflected by his comic in which he doesn't even try to say anything substantive

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Skeleton Mom posted:

honestly it gives me the tiniest, microscopic amount of respect for prickly city. stantis truly has nothing of value to say and that's very well reflected by his comic in which he doesn't even try to say anything substantive

Back-handed compliment of the year. Wow.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

idonotlikepeas posted:

Matt Davies

The FDIC is completely useless to bad bankers; in fact, it may actually be counterproductive to them. A confusing cartoon.

Bad bankers are reckless on the road and very likely to crash. The FDIC training wheels are supposed to stop the Bad bankers from crashing, but they are under dimensioned and useless.

A cromulent cartoon.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

ZZT the Fifth posted:

gently caress it, all four five of these get this nom.

Kellies Nomination: Worst A Thing Happened

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
"Where The Wild Things Are the movie came in 2009. For a politoon that's a timely reference."

Stiglich: "They made the book into a film??"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Can we get the Everything Everywhere All At Once comics in at least one Nomination instead of spread out, cause that'd dilute it? Like mention of that gem winning best picture should be one option for Worst A Thing Happened.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I don't know what to nominate this for but I hate it and it makes me real angry. It's always that much worse when they use beloved children's media to make the worst hateful comics imaginable.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Can we get the Everything Everywhere All At Once comics in at least one Nomination instead of spread out, cause that'd dilute it? Like mention of that gem winning best picture should be one option for Worst A Thing Happened.

Most Original Metaphor category (shared prize)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I just really don't even know what sort of a racist or other awful take does Stiglitch present with this cartoon.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

You could have a category like "definitely didnt watch the source material" because they do this poo poo with movies and tv shows all the time.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just so we're clear, the gas in this metaphore is taxes right? Funding for the program? We can just get more but what do you think about raising gasses?

quote:

Seeing these back to back made me lol. Why isn't he doing more about banks? No not regulation tho. Something else I mean.

Nenonen posted:

"Where The Wild Things Are the movie came in 2009. For a politoon that's a timely reference."
Its still a common book I thought?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

My man hates Nikes so much he drew 'em twice.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Nice dogwhistle with the sneakers on the power line.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

No, this isn't about race. See, this guy's wearing a mask and gloves, you can't even see what ethnicity he is.

I drew the purse as stark white to contrast and draw your attention from the thug who's dressed entirely in black. There is no deeper meaning here.

gently caress Stiglich.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Who can forget the nyc skyline, with the iconic twin Empire State buildings

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Oh, right, he'd been doing Larry Krasner cartoons so frequently I'd forgotten how much of a seemingly-open-Klansman this guy is. gently caress you.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)
Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

“We identify as a democracy” really gives that Rall comic mixed signals, eh?

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

"If they want this thing I'm lying about, how come they want this other thing I'm lying about?" - A Very Smart Man

I find Hitch's comics incredibly hard to look at, so I fixed the skew and it's revealing.

Folks, your protagonists: a bobble-headed Ronald Reagan, and a couple who is either an old man with cherubism and his far younger gargoyle wife, or grandparents rear end-grabbing.

Also this

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Literally nobody is saying "too much information is bad" but imagine for a moment they were, and then admire my brilliant reposte

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Like I said, Republicans just really hate all cities. Usually they don't frame it this nakedly though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I know I'm overwhelmed by the pure torrent of useful data pouring dorth from Tucker's careful dissection of the footage. I'm constantly having to refute and defend against keen observations. It's exhausting, if only someone would shut him up so our forced narrative can carry on unhindered by examination in the cold light of day

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)

No I don't care what your 'but actually' is Stiglich.

pencilhands posted:

We forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

pencilhands posted:

I'm not sure that's NYC, and those look to be different buildings- it may be an asset he's purchased. I'll look into it if I can find the time.