Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's blacknut, Jim.

My god, Bones...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

It's September 6 2023. Saved you a click.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I got the Diablo 4 beta from KFC. I have 2 Xboxes, my son can play on his account on my "home" Xbox, and I can play on my account on our extra Xbox at the same time, correct? I don't need a second code do I?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RodShaft posted:

I got the Diablo 4 beta from KFC. I have 2 Xboxes, my son can play on his account on my "home" Xbox, and I can play on my account on our extra Xbox at the same time, correct? I don't need a second code do I?

This is usually how game licenses work but it's not impossible that Activision Blizzard Microsoft Pepsi has some extra shenanigans going on where only the purchasing account is entitled to it because it's treated as a consumable or MTX or something weird like that.

It might work, but you might need to double down on the Double Down.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 15, 2023

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

RodShaft posted:

I got the Diablo 4 beta from KFC.

Like, the fried chicken company? What on earth

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

ColdPie posted:

Yep, order a sandwich through their website and get a code: https://www.kfc.com/

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lmao

Zone of Enders to MGS2

Crackdown to Halo 3

Fried chicken sandwich to Diablo IV

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

20 years ago Blizzard was making fun of Everquest 2 for /pizza, now they're doubling down with the rest of them. :sad:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I, like many others, bought Crackdown 3 for that great H3 beta. I'll eat a sandwich for D4

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

RodShaft posted:

You might need 2 codes for this weekend if you're using 2 separate accounts on 2 separate consoles. Though D4 has couch co-op that only needs one person to have beta access if you want to play on the same console.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/how-diablo-iv-couch-co-op-works-331839

Next weekend is the fully open beta that doesn't need any codes or anything, so you can definitely play together on separate consoles during that weekend. The KFC/pre-order stuff is only for this weekend's test (that doesn't even have all the classes unlocked like next week's test will)

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Haven't seen it mentioned, but Valheims console version dropped yesterday. Full non-jank cross play working.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Valheims console version dropped yesterday. Full non-jank cross play working.

Cross play with just PC gamepass people or with steam?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I played for 4 hours last night on Series X and it runs pretty well.

Of course my high rear end took off in the wrong direction this time, missing all the prefab buildings I could repair, and instead hiked all the way to the shore where I built a house and stockpile from scratch.

Way more difficult than it should have been but now I have lots of stuff..

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

External Organs posted:

Cross play with just PC gamepass people or with steam?

Not sure about steam, pc game pass version with xbox was what I used.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghostwire coming April 12 along with update that adds two new enemies, new area, more story pieces, new game plus, and a bloody palace arena combat mode.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

CBD Corndog posted:

You might need 2 codes for this weekend if you're using 2 separate accounts on 2 separate consoles. Though D4 has couch co-op that only needs one person to have beta access if you want to play on the same console.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/how-diablo-iv-couch-co-op-works-331839

Next weekend is the fully open beta that doesn't need any codes or anything, so you can definitely play together on separate consoles during that weekend. The KFC/pre-order stuff is only for this weekend's test (that doesn't even have all the classes unlocked like next week's test will)

couch co-op might be a good idea for my kid since he always wanders off and then wonders why he got beat down by a gang of monsters far above his level and expects me to go find his body and give him a portal to it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

otter posted:

couch co-op might be a good idea for my kid since he always wanders off and then wonders why he got beat down by a gang of monsters far above his level and expects me to go find his body and give him a portal to it.

Kids these days, back in my day I had to learn to dupe Godly Plate of the Whale all by myself.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Barudak posted:

Ghostwire coming April 12 along with update that adds two new enemies, new area, more story pieces, new game plus, and a bloody palace arena combat mode.

this is a neat game, put the difficulty down to easy because the combat ain't it, but if you have a soft spot for weird japanese games reminiscent of the early 2000s, give it a go

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Ghostwire Tokyo makes its belated Xbox debut on April 12, with an accompanying free update on all other platforms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8DPmKmvEjU

The "Spider’s Thread" update adds a roguelite mode, new areas and missions, expanded story cutscenes, new abilities and powers, and new enemies to use them on.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Omnikin posted:

I, like many others, bought Crackdown 3 for that great H3 beta. I'll eat a sandwich for D4

Halo 3 beta ended up being meh, but Crackdown 1 turned out to be so good..

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

You can get the kids sandwich for $2.50 not bad to test a game in case you hate it

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

RodShaft posted:

You can get the kids sandwich for $2.50 not bad to test a game in case you hate it

D4 beta only goes to level 25 fwiw. Much like D3 only containing a portion of act I, I wouldn’t expect it to be representative of whatever the game is going to be in the end. Not a case for/against doing the beta, just good to know I think.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BurningBeard posted:

D4 beta only goes to level 25 fwiw. Much like D3 only containing a portion of act I, I wouldn’t expect it to be representative of whatever the game is going to be in the end. Not a case for/against doing the beta, just good to know I think.

We get to kill Leoric again, right?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

ColdPie posted:

To journey through Hell, you must first put your digestive system through Hell.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Hype.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Valheim is on my list to check out too. Looks good.

Guilty Gear on game pass is extremely polished: Presentation. Online settings. Matchmake settings. Genius tutorial. Great characters. The tower mechanic. The seamless connection. All of it.

Except for the Xbox controller part.
Unplayable for a 2d fighting game imo.

It killed SF anniversary for me too. That game had other issues, but the controller was the main reason for me.

Xbone controller. I don’t know about the x/s controller.

10 years ago I would have fought through the garbage dpad because GG is so good otherwise.

It did get me thinking though- on og Xbox there was an “S controller” and it had the best dpad I ever used. I played cvs2 and 3rd strike for like 5+ years with it.

I have a stick that I’ll give GG a shot with but I think there was a dpad menu thing I won’t be able to use with it.

Long post here but the top xbox versus fighting game is probably still for honor or fight night.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The SX controller has the best dpad on the market

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

Basically this.

Its so dang good, and Ive been using it for guilty and its been lovely

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Ill need to borrow a stick because I retired from fighting games over a decade ago because I wrecked my thumb on dpads on Dreamcast and Marvel vs Snk2/Soul Cal 2 and later GG/Blazblue.

But I'd like to try G.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I could never ever get the hang of fighting games with D pads. I remember renting a SNES to try to master street fighter on that and it was impossible for me to pull off a fireball reliably.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Use the sx pad. You can ride the ridge and theres no inputs or issues.

It cant help you with timing though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

swims posted:

I have a stick that I’ll give GG a shot with but I think there was a dpad menu thing I won’t be able to use with it.

any modern stick should have a switch to swap what input the stick itself does

this is an example from the 8bitdo stick but any of them should have something similar

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

MJBuddy posted:

Ill need to borrow a stick because I retired from fighting games over a decade ago because I wrecked my thumb on dpads on Dreamcast and Marvel vs Snk2/Soul Cal 2 and later GG/Blazblue.

But I'd like to try G.

Are you saying you have a literal videogame injury?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

John F Bennett posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

:discourse:

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

hatty posted:

Also the loudest!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

This was me after I got gamer's thumb in my left hand from playing too much ranked Rocket League during the covid lockdowns :negative:

I uninstalled the game and fortunately after like 2 months of doing thumb stretches that I found on youtube the tendons fully recovered

Gotta be careful of RSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Illusive Man posted:

Also the loudest!

I have the Hori Fighting Commander (PC/PS3/PS4) for the layout and dpad and is really good and great to play emulation on PC and Streets of Rage and other stuff on PS4. It's wired and has no analogs though