Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Edit: wrong thread, what a braindead dumb butt snipe

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wasn’t Terminus Gresham’s project?

Gresham and Baron Black co-promoting, IIRC.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Forgot about my friend Joe Verses for a few months but was reminded of his great song "NEWS" and his hatred for MJF so I had to look him up.

https://twitter.com/joeverses/status/1635140090954645504

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Was wondering why Oji Shiiba was rated so low since I thought he's a solid hand, got a chuckle out of his only two cagematch reviews

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

Was wondering why Oji Shiiba was rated so low since I thought he's a solid hand, got a chuckle out of his only two cagematch reviews

Oji Shiiba is a land of contrasts

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm convinced that second one was written by Kotoka. Check to see if his other reviews are just "BEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH😝" over and over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/cherdelaware/status/1636006892722847746

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

This follow up was funny: yes, I was wrong, HOWEVER (He was trained at Create-A-Pro wrestling school, for anyone unfamiliar)

https://twitter.com/cherdelaware/status/1636007314401509376

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Worse, it’s CAP which stands for Crush-All-Proletariat

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How do these twitter poisoned people get through the day without having a nervous breakdown over all the imaginary boogeymen they see around every corner

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

How do these twitter poisoned people get through the day without having a nervous breakdown over all the imaginary boogeymen they see around every corner

They don't leave the house.

I cannot imagine the horrible mental state of someone who would look at a cool photo of 2 wrestlers and instantly think "Oh poo poo, MJF has a big tattoo that just says "COP"! Or maybe even GOP!" loving go get help, seriously.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i love the classic defense of "well it wasnt true but the fact that i believed it says a lot about are society"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if anyone's wondering, the tattoo stands for create a pro where he trained. i guess you could have clicked through to find this out. sorry about posting this. i suppose if you are against going to twitter.com then I really helped out today

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 15, 2023

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This follow up was funny: yes, I was wrong, HOWEVER (He was trained at Create-A-Pro wrestling school, for anyone unfamiliar)

https://twitter.com/cherdelaware/status/1636007314401509376

...what?! You made the others up! Seven likes?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Still far too close to the others" my brother in christ, how can you possibly think that's an O.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this all reads more like silly observational humor to me than an actual bad take

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the gop logo which famously has a pro wrestling ring in the center

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Forgot about my friend Joe Verses for a few months but was reminded of his great song "NEWS" and his hatred for MJF so I had to look him up.

https://twitter.com/joeverses/status/1635140090954645504

Are we dunking on the reply or on Max even ironically stanning the Miz?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Are we dunking on the reply or on Max even ironically stanning the Miz?

The reply. That guy has some kind of imagined personal beef with Max.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

The reply. That guy has some kind of imagined personal beef with Max.

He was a big fan of MJF until right around Full Gear when he decided MJF bullies children and started a campaign to expose him.

He was right.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

He was a big fan of MJF until right around Full Gear when he decided MJF bullies children and started a campaign to expose him.

He was right.

I'd bully children too, if I could get away with it. But I'm not in wrestling where the only law is pops and racist retired wrestlers.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
If you're going to condemn Max, you're going to have to condemn Chuck Taylor for the same thing...

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Parents gleefully forcing their terrified children into the path of heels in Japan should be the model for all promotions

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

El Generico posted:

If you're going to condemn Max, you're going to have to condemn Chuck Taylor for the same thing...

Tony won't let Chuck say poo poo or scare kids

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Parents gleefully forcing their terrified children into the path of heels in Japan should be the model for all promotions

Forcing them towards faces whom the intelligent child rightfully fears as a wrong 'un and sort of a bad sort

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I went to an ECW show with my dad at the Alerio Center in Westwego Louisiana back in the 90s and Rhino and Tommy Dreamer were fighting up the stairs. I was sitting right next to the stairs and Tommy takes a soda from someone and punches Rhino with it. This cup goes flying up and I try to back up but my dad puts his hand right on my back and stops me and this thing just hits me dead center. It was really funny

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

He was right.

He was too early, is all

He should have started with the tequila that mjf stole from a fan, and held down a little child and poured it in each of the kid’s eyes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

El Generico posted:

Dustin Kid Killer is lost to the fog of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lML6t3UIe6Y

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

He was too early, is all

He should have started with the tequila that mjf stole from a fan, and held down a little child and poured it in each of the kid’s eyes

Teasing his new finisher, the salt rimmed glass of the earth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1227331/former-wwe-referee-nick-patrick-suspects-vince-mcmahon-is-secretly-running-aew/

quote:

Vince McMahon's 40-year run atop WWE has led some to the belief that he's running everything at all times, even when he outright comes out and says he's not. During his brief WWE retirement in 2022, many remained convinced that McMahon still had his hands in WWE's creative process, even when Triple H and Nick Khan went on record emphatically stating he wasn't directly involved. Taking that idea and applying it elsewhere was former WCW and WWE referee Nick Patrick during the latest episode of "Monday Mailbag," bringing McMahon's name up in an AEW-related conspiracy theory.

"I'm one of those old conspiracy theory guys, I always think Vince [McMahon] is sitting behind every drat thing," Patrick said suggesting McMahon was secretly behind AEW. "And I'm usually right. I'm just a conspiracy theory guy. He may not be running the thing, but he knows everything that's going on and there are other ways to control them. ... I think it's a work rivalry, honestly, but it's a controlled-inner office work rivalry."

Comparing his conspiracy theory involving AEW to that of the infamous WCW-ECW Invasion angle, Patrick stated that back then, McMahon tried to emulate the old war with that angle, and "people didn't buy it." With that in mind, Patrick said everyone knew at the time it was all controlled by the WWE under the same umbrella and that one man was behind all of it. "With this deal, at least they got separate companies and they keep the appearance of separate companies and separate owners," Patrick said. "If they're going to control it, that's the way to do it."

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1227331/former-wwe-referee-nick-patrick-suspects-vince-mcmahon-is-secretly-running-aew/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Now THAT is some top shelf poo poo, hell yeah

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Nick Patrick has brain damage

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He’s right

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
He might not have brain damage but he absolutely is looking for outrage clicks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He’s right

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Did his bar fail?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...utm_name=iossmf

quote:

Who are good character actors in AEW like WWE has Sami Zayn, Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar

A character actor makes the stories convincing. AEW has more SNL type cast. They do bits, the biggest example is Orange Cassidy, Malakai Black and Adam Cole. WWE has wrestlers who can do convincing charcter work. Brock Lesnar is the biggest example of this, then there is Sami Zayn, Roman Reigns, obviously John Cena.

I think this is the difference when they say AEW has pro wrestlers while WWE has sports entertainers

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
do you think that guy would appreciate it if AEW hired some sports entertainers?

I think it would make his nipples hard

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Seriously why don’t they just watch like any tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Roman Reigns is basically the Steve Buscemi of pro wrestling, after all.