Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I forget, what time do new episodes on Apple drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The night before it says they come out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

I forget, what time do new episodes on Apple drop?

Not soon enough where’s my Lasso fuckers

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh heck

https://twitter.com/atvplusnews/status/1635720187482886144?s=46&t=JsbrXZLeMaksMidW9RvL9A

Beard actor retweeted this so hopefully it’s legit but might not be don’t @ me okay

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Open Source Idiom posted:

This is not the tone I thought they'd go with. Lindelof and comedy isn't my bag, but at the same time this looks like it's going to be an entire series made out of the Eccelston episodes of The Leftovers, but with an upbeat pop mood. I could vibe with that.
yeah i'm not uninterested but this looks much goofier than I'd expected from the premise. will give it a shot though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like “Nun fights baddy Alexa” would kinda have to be comedic tbh

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm watching Ted Lasso right now, so if you want to watch it, it is available.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cojawfee posted:

Can’t believe I have to suffer through another 20 minutes of Cocaine Bear before I can too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Dammit I just wasted two hours playing Resident Evil games it turns out I don’t enjoy

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time. It's good, idk why I didn't pick this up sooner. A lot funnier than I thought it'd be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time. It's good, idk why I didn't pick this up sooner. A lot funnier than I thought it'd be.

On top of being an incredible drama filled with spectacular performances, The Sopranos is also an extraordinarily funny show! Enjoy it, you're in for an absolute treat :)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sopranos is mostly a good time, you'll have a blast.

I mean, relatively speaking a "good" time, but you get what I mean.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I don't know if anyone is going to do a thread for the new terrible CW "Gotham Knights" show but if so please include this image in the first post.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Digital Prophet posted:

I don't know if anyone is going to do a thread for the new terrible CW "Gotham Knights" show but if so please include this image in the first post.

So in this one Batman is an old man but Harvey Dent isn't Two-Face yet. And they invented a new protagonist teen character, I guess that's because Batman famously has no teen sidekicks they could use.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

So in this one Batman is an old man but Harvey Dent isn't Two-Face yet. And they invented a new protagonist teen character, I guess that's because Batman famously has no teen sidekicks they could use.

To be more specific, Batman doesn't have any teen sidekicks who don't know he's Batman. The hook for the show is Bruce Wayne adopted an orphan, and didn't turn the kid into a child soldier. Instead, he recruited Carrie Kelley who figured out he was Batman all on her own

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

howe_sam posted:

TThe hook for the show is Bruce Wayne adopted an orphan, and didn't turn the kid into a child soldier.

This is not the Batman I know

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Luvcow posted:

in other forgotten series news:

season 2 of carnival row starts next week, february 17th...

Its more of the same. The actress for Tourmaline is the only bright spot. Cara delevingne is physically incapable of having chemistry with anyone as an actress.

The creature design for the Sparas is genuinely horrifying though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have no idea why people think Batman is so interesting we have to have multiple films and tv shows constantly in production.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I have no idea why people think Batman is so interesting we have to have multiple films and tv shows constantly in production.

If you look at comic sales charts over the last few years, you're going to see nothing but Marvel books broken up by a couple of Batman books. He's far and away the most popular DC character and probably the mot popular comicbook character in the world.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

EL BROMANCE posted:

My two year old daughter has started playing Batman with a kid at daycare and she's never even heard of Batman before!

She does like The Incredibles a lot though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

If you look at comic sales charts over the last few years, you're going to see nothing but Marvel books broken up by a couple of Batman books. He's far and away the most popular DC character and probably the mot popular comicbook character in the world.

Prior to the MCU exploding, my friend and I speculated, that if you asked any rando off the street to name a superhero, it would be Superman, Batman, or Spiderman, in that order.

Batman seems to just be a draw by being not actually superpowered except by money :iiam:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

He's such a relatable, normal guy, I say as I sit down to dinner with my 2 living, loving parents.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I believe it's because Batman is cool. His look, his style, his whole deal, is appealing. To people.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Prior to the MCU exploding, my friend and I speculated, that if you asked any rando off the street to name a superhero, it would be Superman, Batman, or Spiderman, in that order.

Batman seems to just be a draw by being not actually superpowered except by money :iiam:

It helps that for a while there in the 90's, he was the only super hero getting movies. Superman movies had died out, and the MCU hadn't started, but Batman movies kept chugging along (even if they started getting bad). And we had BTAS. The 90's deeply ingrained Batman in a lot of people's minds as THE superhero of note.

Also, while it's a cliche to say it, it is true that it helps that he has the most interesting group of villains in comic books. Superman has a handful of great villains, and I think Spider-Man comes the closest to Batman, but not really there. But that's the list you posted right there, and part of why they're the most popular. A hero's gotta fight against someone, and if you ask someone to name 5 Batman villains, most people will be able to do so easily. Ask someone to name 5 X-Men villains, and you'll get Magneto (and maybe Juggernaut), and then most people will struggle to fill out the list.

Batman villains are mostly interesting in a way that isn't just "palette swapped hero".

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 15, 2023

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it is because batman looks cool and because the weapons are things like gadgets, bombs and guns and the crimes are murder and theft vs energy blasts and the fate of the multiverse or whatever. that's why the villains are better, too, because they have to do something more interesting than be really strong since batman can't really fight a god.

i don't watch superhero stuff but i watch batman movies. probably true for a lot of people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like when Batman horribly maims criminals.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Batman is a non-alcoholic Archer.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bright Bart posted:

drat. Right down to the butler who actually raised him.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Gotham City is also a better setting than most other superhero stories.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bright Bart posted:

Boring Archer is how I’m always going to refer to him going forward.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I was going to say that surely Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck has to be up there in popular comic book characters, but I guess they don't really engender the kind of... Passion that Batman, or other super power folks, do.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mickey and Donald are hamstrung by being the face of a family friendly corporation, so they can't do anything the least bit interesting in order to keep that image

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Money and Violence are the two main superpowers IRL and that's all Batman is.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rappaport posted:

I was going to say that surely Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck has to be up there in popular comic book characters, but I guess they don't really engender the kind of... Passion that Batman, or other super power folks, do.

Does Mickey Mouse even have a monthly comic book?

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Money and Violence are the two main superpowers IRL and that's all Batman is.

Make Batman mildly psychic just to mess up the formula. Like he can predict punches a few second before they're thrown.

e: Did the whole ninja batstory come from either Batman Begins and/or comics from that time? Or was it established canon before then?

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 15, 2023

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Feldegast42 posted:

Mickey and Donald are hamstrung by being the face of a family friendly corporation, so they can't do anything the least bit interesting in order to keep that image

The Carl Barks and Don Rosa comics would beg to differ.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1636056690385903621

:rip: but not unexpected since the renewal wasn't announced right away.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

Does Mickey Mouse even have a monthly comic book?

Where? In Finland, the "Aku Ankan taskukirja" is a monthly publication, sort of, that features Mickey occasionally, and Donald Duck has a weekly comic book.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Rappaport posted:

Where? In Finland, the "Aku Ankan taskukirja" is a monthly publication, sort of, that features Mickey occasionally, and Donald Duck has a weekly comic book.

Finland doesn't exist, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bright Bart posted:

Make Batman mildly psychic just to mess up the formula. Like he can predict punches a few second before they're thrown.

e: Did the whole ninja batstory come from either Batman Begins and/or comics from that time? Or was it established canon before then?

Batman has a billions canons. There's a batman so evil he destroys several universes. I think there's some where Batman goes through various eras of the past as some weird semi immortal and eventually becomes his own dad or son or some poo poo idk, weird wiki dives blur together over time.

I do know that the good Batman cartoon from the 90s had Bruce Wayne train in Japan to learn martial arts and stuff, I think would've included "ninja" stuff too. It wasn't ras al ghul I don't think, but he does fight with his former mentor who gets up to evil in gotham.