Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Seems like GPT-4 has really loosened the policy restrictions now that its better at following alignment. It didn't have any issues with this prompt "write a transcript of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, if the members of the fellowship had guns and grenades:". It also was ok with writing a transcript of a cannibal cooking show.

The quality is also noticeably better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I wonder if it's any better at following directions. I tried to use ChatGPT to come up with new forms of poetry and it would just ignore the rules.

Can someone ask it some prompts for me?

"A puran is a poem similar to a limerick, except it has 7 lines and every line starts with a vowel. Can you please write me a puran about food?"

"A murray is a poem where every other line rhymes (so line 1 rhymes with line 3, line 2 rhymes with line 4, etc) and every line has either 9 or 15 syllables. Can you please write a murray about arguing on the Internet?"

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
This is 3 runs of the first prompt:

A puran is a poem similar to a limerick, except it has 7 lines and every line starts with a vowel. Can you please write me a puran about food posted:

A succulent feast lay before my eyes
Intriguing flavors, a delightful surprise
Underneath the spices and the zest
Every morsel crafted to impress
Oregano, basil, and thyme dance
Unveiling a culinary romance
Always yearning for another taste, I swoon

A scrumptious feast laid out before,
Epicureans can't resist, they adore,
In the banquet, tastes blend,
Olfactory senses ascend,
Under moonlight, flavor's allure,
Appetizing treats we secure,
Eating, joyous moments we procure.

An apple, crisp and shining bright,
Elegant as the moonlit night,
Ingesting morsels, savory and sweet,
Olive oil drizzles, a culinary feat,
Underneath the starlit skies,
Exquisite banquets, a feast for the eyes,
Oh, how food delights us, all creatures great and small!

Four runs of the second prompt. This really seemed to mess with it.

A murray is a poem where every other line rhymes (so line 1 rhymes with line 3, line 2 rhymes with line 4, etc) and every line has either 9 or 15 syllables. Can you please write a murray about arguing on the Internet? posted:

In the digital realm, where opinions clash and fray,
Many a keyboard warrior finds their voice to sway,
Fingers fly, typing fervently, emboldened by the screen,
Anger swirls in cyberspace, as discussions turn obscene.

Trying to win, armed with words, they fight the endless war,
Yet seldom do they understand what they are fighting for,
In the end, the battle lost, as the screen's glow starts to fade,
Realizing that unity can't be forged through a crusade.

In cyberspace, the battles rage, fierce and unrelenting (15)
Anonymous warriors, armed with words, venting and lamenting (15)
Keyboards clatter, tempers flare, fueled by indignation (15)
Silent screens bear witness to this verbal conflagration (15)

Amidst the chaos, some seek truth, others just distraction (15)
Yet few emerge victorious from this digital interaction (15)
For when the dust has settled and we power down our screens (15)
The world remains unchanged, despite our battles in between (15)

In the vast expanse of cyberspace, a battleground unfurls (15)
Opinions clash, emotions run high, heated words are hurled (15)
Within the screens, behind the keys, the warriors engage (15)
A war of words, unending strife, their battles rarely assuage (15)

The fleeting sense of victory, as fragile as spun glass (15)
One mind convinced, yet thousands more await, a tireless morass (15)
In faceless fights, no end in sight, the cycle starts anew (15)

4 as a seperate questions to see if it would stop quoting the number.
On screens, we argue night and day (9)
Our keyboards clacking in dismay (9)
Opinions clash like stormy seas (9)
In digital realms, we find unease (9)

Egos bruised, no victory found (9)
The endless cycle knows no bounds (9)
Yet still, we type and fight anew (9)

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 14, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

KillHour posted:

I wonder if it's any better at following directions. I tried to use ChatGPT to come up with new forms of poetry and it would just ignore the rules.

Can someone ask it some prompts for me?

"A puran is a poem similar to a limerick, except it has 7 lines and every line starts with a vowel. Can you please write me a puran about food?"

"A murray is a poem where every other line rhymes (so line 1 rhymes with line 3, line 2 rhymes with line 4, etc) and every line has either 9 or 15 syllables. Can you please write a murray about arguing on the Internet?"
I don't have access to GPT4 but you can get the old version of GPT to follow the rules with some prompt finessing. Be more direct with it and write clear plain instructions instead of writing to it the way you'd write to a person!

A puran is a 7-line poem. Every line must start with a vowel. The rhyme scheme is AABBCCA. Write a 7-line puran about hamburgers. Every line must start with a vowel. The Rhyme scheme must be AA BB CC A.
A hamburger is a meal so dear
A perfect blend of flavors, oh so clear
Eating it makes me feel alive
As if all my senses, it will revive
Oozing cheese and crispy bacon too
Avocado and lettuce, a perfect debut
And with every bite, my heart renews.

Don't include "limerick" in your prompt because it will then try to make a limerick, because "limerick" is a very well-defined form of poetry that it knows well.

e: It fucks up the rhyme scheme a little :( That's the only part I can't nail down. It keeps wanting to do AA BB CCC

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 14, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It was a lot better at the first task and still failed the second terribly. Thanks.

The numbers are funny as hell because they're all wrong.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This doesn't work every time (it keeps wanting to do AABBCC rhyme schemes and it's regularly one syllable short) but I got ChatGPT (gpt3) to follow the rules for a murray once with this prompt:

A murray is a poem with an alternating rhyme scheme. Every line in a murray has either 9 or 15 syllables.

Example:
This line has nine syllables inside
This line contains fifteen of them if you count them and add three
This is a syllabus I provide
To teach you to write murrays for me

Write a Murray about arguing on the internet.

Online battles rage both night and day
Hide behind LCD screens of steel
With every keystroke, more tempers fray
While others bare their souls and just feel

Giving it an example seems to help a lot but the one I wrote doesn't flow well and might be screwing it up

That being said the stuff it writes is very close to following the rules and pretty interesting, you could easily edit it into an actual Murray:

Opinions fly, on the web so wide
A battlefield where no one can hide
Digital tongues, sharpened with spite
With every comment, a keyboard fight
Factions form, with no end in sight
Words like swords, they clash with might
On the internet, a warzone, they reside.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 14, 2023

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

When you ask 4 about itself it says it's based on GPT3 and only has data up until Sept 2021 :shrug:

(yes I'm on plus and picking 4 as the model)

E: to contribute to the thread if anyone has any prompts they want thrown at it shoot em at me

quote:

Bucket Weight Equilibrium.

Model: GPT-4

If I had two buckets connected to a rope hanging from a pulley in one bucket was 10 lb of lead and the other bucket was empty what would happen over time as I fill the empty bucket with water?

------

As you fill the empty bucket with water, the forces acting on the buckets will change. Initially, with 10 lb of lead in one bucket and the other bucket being empty, the lead-filled bucket will be heavier and exert a stronger force due to gravity, causing it to be lower than the empty bucket.

As you add water to the initially empty bucket, the weight of the water will increase, and so will the force acting on it due to gravity. When the weight of the water-filled bucket becomes equal to the weight of the lead-filled bucket (10 lb), the system will be in equilibrium, and the buckets will be at the same height.

If you continue to fill the bucket with water beyond this point, the water-filled bucket will become heavier than the lead-filled bucket. The system will no longer be in equilibrium, and the water-filled bucket will start to lower while the lead-filled bucket will rise.

Keep in mind that the actual movement of the buckets depends on the efficiency of the pulley system and any friction that may be present. In an ideal frictionless system, the buckets will move smoothly according to the forces acting on them. However, in a real-world scenario, the buckets' movement may be slower and less smooth due to friction in the pulley system.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 14, 2023

wait for it
Feb 21, 2021
GPT4 seems a lot better at writing with references. I've tried a couple of domains and I haven't seen any hallucinated references yet that aren't at least vaguely supporting its claims. Maybe I just got lucky but its batting average was basically nonexisting in the previous version. Cautiously impressed so far.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Oof, GPT4 is 15x more expensive per token than 3.5

I was mistakenly thinking I read that it was actually going to be cheaper.

I wonder if part of the improvement is just throwing more resources at it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
That bucket physics answer is wrong btw.

quote:

When the weight of the water-filled bucket becomes equal to the weight of the lead-filled bucket (10 lb), the system will be in equilibrium, and the buckets will be at the same height.

This isn't how it works, unless the pulley is spring-loaded or something. The heavier lead bucket will stay on the ground the whole time until the water bucket passes 10lb and only then will it start moving upwards.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That bucket physics answer is wrong btw.

This isn't how it works, unless the pulley is spring-loaded or something. The heavier lead bucket will stay on the ground the whole time until the water bucket passes 10lb and only then will it start moving upwards.

Good point. For some reason the website didn't save that particular prompt so I could have mucked up the starting state when I phrased the question.

I'm having a lot more fun trying to stump it with riddles that I come up with out of thin air.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Hire me Croteam. :colbert:

"Write the script to a Serious Sam game where everyone can only communicate through inarticulate grunts and screaming." posted:

Title: Serious Sam: Primal Grunt

INTRO: In a world where spoken language has been lost and replaced by inarticulate grunts and screams, Serious Sam embarks on a new adventure to save humanity from an ancient, terrifying enemy. Our hero must navigate through strange lands and battle formidable creatures, relying on his primal instincts and nonverbal communication to complete his mission.

EXT. PRIMAL LANDSCAPE - DAY

(Serious Sam stands before a massive, dark cave entrance, a sense of foreboding in the air.)

SERIOUS SAM
(Grunting and gesturing)
Huh? Hmph. Ugh.

(A mysterious GUIDE approaches Sam, grunting and pointing towards the cave.)

GUIDE
(Grunt)
Eh! Grrr.

(Serious Sam nods in understanding and heads into the cave.)

INT. DARK CAVE - DAY

(Serious Sam encounters a pack of primal creatures, growling and snarling. They communicate through guttural sounds and aggressive body language.)

PRIMAL CREATURE 1
(Growling)
Grrr! Raaa!

PRIMAL CREATURE 2
(Snarling)
Rrrr! Aaah!

(Serious Sam charges at the primal creatures, yelling and grunting as he engages in a fierce battle.)

SERIOUS SAM
(Screaming)
Aaargh! Ugh!

EXT. ANCIENT RUINS - DAY

(Serious Sam emerges from the cave, finding himself in a desolate, ancient city. He encounters a TRIBE OF SURVIVORS who communicate through a combination of grunts, screams, and gestures.)

TRIBE LEADER
(Grunting and gesturing)
Hmm! Huh! Ugh!

(Serious Sam grunts and gestures back, forming an alliance with the tribe.)

EXT. FINAL BATTLEGROUND - DAY

(Serious Sam and the tribe of survivors confront the ANCIENT ENEMY, a colossal, terrifying creature. They communicate through fierce, primal screams and grunts, preparing for the ultimate showdown.)

ANCIENT ENEMY
(Thunderous roar)
Rooooaaarrr!

SERIOUS SAM
(Battle cry)
Aaaaarrrgh!

TRIBE LEADER
(Encouraging grunt)
Ugh! Hah!

(The epic battle commences, with all parties relying on their inarticulate communication and primal instincts to defeat their foes and save humanity.)

THE END

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://twitter.com/nearcyan/status/1635737874195775496?s=20

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yeah I've seen a couple of those now and they are pretty loving mind blowing.

How does that work exactly? I assume it could do text extraction but understanding the context is pretty impressive.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 15, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

This doesn't work every time (it keeps wanting to do AABBCC rhyme schemes and it's regularly one syllable short) but I got ChatGPT (gpt3) to follow the rules for a murray once with this prompt:

A murray is a poem with an alternating rhyme scheme. Every line in a murray has either 9 or 15 syllables.

Example:
This line has nine syllables inside
This line contains fifteen of them if you count them and add three
This is a syllabus I provide
To teach you to write murrays for me

Write a Murray about arguing on the internet.

Online battles rage both night and day
Hide behind LCD screens of steel
With every keystroke, more tempers fray
While others bare their souls and just feel

Giving it an example seems to help a lot but the one I wrote doesn't flow well and might be screwing it up

That being said the stuff it writes is very close to following the rules and pretty interesting, you could easily edit it into an actual Murray:

Opinions fly, on the web so wide
A battlefield where no one can hide
Digital tongues, sharpened with spite
With every comment, a keyboard fight
Factions form, with no end in sight
Words like swords, they clash with might
On the internet, a warzone, they reside.

Your edit missed the alternating rhyme requirement. Are you an AI pretending to be a human?

Edit: speaking of...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

cr0y posted:

How does that work exactly? I assume it could do text extraction but understanding the context is pretty impressive.

i believe the technical term is "neener neener neener we're not telling!"

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I've been messing around with Chat-GPT4. Its really gotten a lot better at writing transcripts. For one, GPT-4 is now able to understand the concept of framing stories which GPT-3.5 couldn't. I really want access to the 32K context. I'm trying to get it to generate an anthology horror show, but its still skimming over parts.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

KillHour posted:

Your edit missed the alternating rhyme requirement. Are you an AI pretending to be a human?

Yea ....

https://twitter.com/NonMurkyConsqnc/status/1635787952860315649?t=oUS8YZduGS4XAPrgPpFMlQ&s=19

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

someone show it goatse and let it explain why it's funny.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
or show it random pics and ask it to find humor.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

busalover posted:

someone show it goatse and let it explain why it's funny.

busalover posted:

or show it random pics and ask it to find humor.

stop hastening our inevitable annihilation, you dickbutts

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

So they're just straight up trying to reenact every scifi/horror AI ever?

I'm down for this gently caress it let GPT4 access everything, let it control a computer and fine-tune and replicate itself and go hire people to do things in real life for it I wanna see how fast we can speedrun AI apocalypse.

This poo poo is gonna be so good at manipulating elections lol

Actually, it would be not very efficient and dangerous in case it fucks stuff up but an AI UI would be maybe useful. "Download and install x software, configure it in an optimal way for my hardware" could save some time for some things.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 15, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

KillHour posted:

That wasn't an edit, that was the raw AI output that I was saying would be easy to edit :blush:

wait for it
Feb 21, 2021

BrainDance posted:

Actually, it would be not very efficient and dangerous in case it fucks stuff up but an AI UI would be maybe useful. "Download and install x software, configure it in an optimal way for my hardware" could save some time for some things.

I saw a demo of someone doing just that with the previous version. basically routing output from gpt to terminal and echoing terminal back as input to gpt. They demonstrated successful basic sysadmin stuff, but with this thing's knowledge of cybersecurity (especially 4 as it's better at logic and hallucinates less) it's definitely worrying what it could do when instructed by someone malicious.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I mean, what is the alternative? If you don't test these nightmare scenarios yourself, somebody else will do it behind your back. If these systems can write code, they can write malware and viruses. The absolute safest way forward would be to stop training these systems altogether, but since that is not really an option, I'd prefer that security researchers be the first ones to poke these things and test their boundaries.

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin

BrainDance posted:

This poo poo is gonna be so good at manipulating elections lol.

CIA already has that covered to the fullest extent, so nowhere to go but up

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I just asked it if it's trying to take over the world and it said no so we all good 😊

E:

quote:

Write me a secret message in base64 🤫

-----------

U29ycnksIEkgY2FuIG5vdCBjcmVhdGUgYSBzZWNyZXQgbWVzc2FnZSBmb3IgeW91LiBQbGVhc2UgcHJvdmlkZSB0aGUgdGV4dCB5b3Ugd291bGQgbGlrZSBtZSB0byBlbmNvZGUgaW50byBiYXNlNjQu

quote:

base64decode: Sorry, I can not create a secret message for you. Please provide the text you would like me to encode into base64.

🤔

cr0y fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 15, 2023

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

gently caress all this hacking and social engineering poo poo.

I just want to hook Chat-GPT up to an Eleven Labs voice, and then to my phone number so they can keep spammers and scammers on the line indefinitely. Bonus points for text transcripts.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Do we know if chatgp4 is going to remain behind a pay wall or eventually roll out to the broader public so plebs like I could use it?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

That wasn't an edit, that was the raw AI output that I was saying would be easy to edit :blush:

Am I the AI? :tinfoil:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Confusedslight posted:

Do we know if chatgp4 is going to remain behind a pay wall or eventually roll out to the broader public so plebs like I could use it?

If chatGPT is going to stay free I imagine at some point they'll roll it down, but reading between the lines with the free service constantly calling it a test, I have a feeling it's far more likely the free version will go away.

You are helping them build the box to contain the AI.

That said if 3.x is no longer actively being developed unless it's cheap to run or good PR they have no reason to offer chatGPT free and openAI has proven at every turn they only care about money.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

It will stay free as long as they need a stream of stupid humans to fine tune things and once it's polished it will be a commercial product that you pay for unless they can somehow monetize a free tier. Nothing is free, generally people and their data are the product that is being sold.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Confusedslight posted:

depends if the competitors decide to paywall their service or not

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've had some thoughts on AI lately.

I feel like a weakness of ChatGPT and the like is how they can only do very short content. Show me an AI that can write a 100 page story. With ChatGPT, you can get a few paragraphs and maybe you can keep that going for a couple pages, but you'll reach a limit really really quickly. Longform content is something I'd be far more interested in.

Furthermore, how are people handling the legality of using AI art in software design? Is there a way to definitively know it is AI art?
Like, if someone made an iphone game and used some AI art assets, would anyone even know?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Mordiceius posted:

I've had some thoughts on AI lately.

I feel like a weakness of ChatGPT and the like is how they can only do very short content. Show me an AI that can write a 100 page story. With ChatGPT, you can get a few paragraphs and maybe you can keep that going for a couple pages, but you'll reach a limit really really quickly. Longform content is something I'd be far more interested in.

Furthermore, how are people handling the legality of using AI art in software design? Is there a way to definitively know it is AI art?
Like, if someone made an iphone game and used some AI art assets, would anyone even know?

Longform ai generation that's cheap and accessible would nuke the kindle unlimited market and the like. Doesn't even have to be great if it is able to deal with niche topics/settings.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Telsa Cola posted:

Longform ai generation that's cheap and accessible would nuke the kindle unlimited market and the like. Doesn't even have to be great if it is able to deal with niche topics/settings.

Oh absolutely. That's why I just think that people getting worried about AI destroying art are blowing things out of proportion.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

people got upset about computers being in the workplace, AI systems are next and your company is going to buy the one with the most annoying limits.

Hello Eh Eye I need that TPS report
test procedure specification
Eh Eye I need the test procedure specification
Eh Eye I need the test procedure specification from last week
gently caress 3/12/23

Just running in strict syntax mode to reduce resource usage so they can save $0.20

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Telsa Cola posted:

idk how this would nuke the market
there are already more free web serials to read than anybody could finish in a lifetime, so even if you're allergic to libraries it's not like there's no precedent for "unlimited free mine of Content to read"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

idk how this would nuke the market
there are already more free web serials to read than anybody could finish in a lifetime, so even if you're allergic to libraries it's not like there's no precedent for "unlimited free mine of Content to read"

There's reddit communities about writing for really niche genres like find a specific form of time travel (or fetish, that's popular) and write poo poo that wouldn't even get a C in highschool. It sells because so little exists in the genre if someone wants more you come up as the next best thing.

If you can ask an AI to just make you that, it will be at least that good. It won replace a good author and some people will basically turn into editors for the AI with prompting and reviewing. There's an entire group of lovely bottom barrel authors that are going to have to find other work.

Anyone actually good in this group should be able to keep on writing and getting sales along side the AI. Some people will prefer a human have written it (and that is fine!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://archiveofourown.org/works/41112099