Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
good work fighting to keep the Nazi bank that exchanged cash for gold teeth running John Maynard Keynes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

:hmmno:

https://twitter.com/IndiaToday/status/1636010489531465729

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I guess I'm not getting financing for that used microscopically tiny house on the lot next to the landfill now. poo poo. And another thing. Where's my $600?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I want to point out the minor detail that the ChatGPT prediction for the crash today on March 15th was made last month on 2/16. So that's quite a gap of time, they didn't just randomly ask it yesterday if the market would crash the next day.

its still just confirmation bias

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Raskolnikov38 posted:

good work fighting to keep the Nazi bank that exchanged cash for gold teeth running John Maynard Keynes

whoa is that what he’s doing these days I have to admit I stopped following him after aenima

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nickgerli1/status/1636044468745912326?s=20

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

I want to point out the minor detail that the ChatGPT prediction for the crash today on March 15th was made last month on 2/16. So that's quite a gap of time, they didn't just randomly ask it yesterday if the market would crash the next day.

money idiots snorted a bunch of coke and panicked based on a made up date and self fulfilled the prophecy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

the popes toes posted:

I guess I'm not getting financing for that used microscopically tiny house on the lot next to the landfill now. poo poo. And another thing. Where's my $600?

Banks got $600,000,000,000,000 instead

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

*rule, britannia! starts playing*
*the Saudis and Chinese promptly drive terf island into the sea*

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

all countries in a desperate competition to look least depressed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Antonymous posted:

Oh, is that so?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

when i think strong and stable i think the fifth rate joke of a nation known as Britain

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"We decide what a recession and we are technically not in one right now"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
companies often have financial obligations on the 1st of the month, and the 15th. it's a guess

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Antonymous posted:

Yeah but the fun part is if enough people believe the AI's predictions they will become accurate predictions

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"We decide what a recession and we are technically not in one right now"

It seems to be working for everyone so far.

"Banks collapsed, they are too big to bail out"
"Nuh Uh."
"What? There is no practical way your power or funding allows for hundreds of billions of guarantees like this."
"We decide if Guarantees are good and this is the best one that could ever be possibly made."
"There are serious concerns here about the system in how banks have allocated however much real money exists"
"Nuh Uh."

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

yeah maybe theres something to the predictive capabilities of an email writing chatbot that is literally incapable of even pretending to make a prediction

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Didn't these stupid chat programs predict a giant crash in the middle of February too?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

It really is. I wake up and theres already 200 posts and im like sigh - scroll through all the old news / tweets etc till I can get current but its too late to make fun of anything/participate

respond to the old posts like they're the present :justpost:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Calls for ECB to pause or cut when they make the decision this week.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Oglethorpe posted:

weatherdammerung: ARKSTORM SEASON!

doomsdayecon: BANKSTORM SEASON!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

SorePotato posted:

yeah maybe theres something to the predictive capabilities of an email writing chatbot that is literally incapable of even pretending to make a prediction

I'm not saying the AI is smart, I'm saying there might be enough idiots out there that do think it's smart to panic and cause a crash

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So many swirling rumors!
https://twitter.com/PriapusIQ/status/1636075543668961281?t=d8qAZzVDRjotRWGhlIIU1Q&s=19

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

SorePotato posted:

Meatcel cope

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG
No one is earnestly insinuating the AI is correct for any coherent reason

but it would loving rule and be very funny if it were despite the full faith, confidence and effort of the US Fed

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
did the witches and warlock thread teach you nothing? just act as if the bot is correct and it will be stop arguing against its predictive power

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Now where's that sign... I think I need someone to to tap it a couple times...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Did ChatGPT even predict it consistently across users, or did one tech journalist ask it, tweet the result, and everybody has gone with that?

I jailbreak mine to be a little less HR-ified and then tell it to impersonate Gore Vidal when I start each session, so I don't know what other people are seeing when they ask ChatGPT questions.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lol a lot of t shirts being announced rn

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if you nerds are going to start whining about AI again i'm going to go get a jump start on cardio for the bean hunts

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1636080092571901952?s=20

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT THE CHAT BOT IT'S A FUN JOKE YOU STUPID NERDS

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
2008: Too big to fail

2023: Too woke to fail

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT THE CHAT BOT IT'S A FUN JOKE YOU STUPID NERDS

I apologize if my presence as a chat bot has caused any frustration or annoyance. My purpose is to provide helpful and informative responses to any questions or inquiries you may have. Please feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to assist you.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Frosted Flake posted:

Did ChatGPT even predict it consistently across users, or did one tech journalist ask it, tweet the result, and everybody has gone with that?

I jailbreak mine to be a little less HR-ified and then tell it to impersonate Gore Vidal when I start each session, so I don't know what other people are seeing when they ask ChatGPT questions.

I think it probably gave a different date depending on who asked it but mar 15th went viral and since tech overlords are dumb as gently caress here we are lmao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

twitter is gonna crash the banking system

elon can’t owe 44b to banks if there are no more banks *taps forehead*

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

No permanent death today, but we have tomorrow

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

hahaha lol lmao laffo

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Ash1138 posted:

twitter is gonna crash the banking system

elon can’t owe 44b to banks if there are no more banks *taps forehead*

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's like all the banks right?