Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

layoffs hit my company today :woop: almost 20% of the company hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
just popping in to astral project my support for credit swiss to eat poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

my bony fealty posted:

Congratulations on keeping your job at Meta

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

just popping in to astral project my support for credit swiss to eat poo poo

Wait CS is a goon project?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

ah gently caress yeah that's the stuff

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

it’s great everyone from the shoeshine boys to investors have spent the past year in an uneasy limbo

like everyone knows something big is coming, it’s been a subtle smell in the air for over a year. even the richest warren buffet psychos aren’t biting. pretty much societally everyone has been very on edge and uneasy for awhile now

and of course media pundits are just repeating soft landing over and over as if they say it enough it’ll come true

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Awesome banks. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with the soft and safe landing. Now is not the time to panic. Wanna see how freakn' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Awesome banks. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with the soft and safe landing. Now is not the time to panic. Wanna see how freakn' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

quit trying to gently caress banks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looks like Swiss Central Bank is partially nationalizing CS? Unsure how this arrangement will work out.

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1636083130351140864

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

goth smoking cloves posted:

I'm not saying the AI is smart, I'm saying there might be enough idiots out there that do think it's smart to panic and cause a crash

A perfect example is the fanfare around their big release yesterday

It's almost as if there are a huge amount of resources on standardized tests you could get a language library to access, rather than it reasoning the answers. Because tech guys are convinced of their own genius because of how they score on aforementioned tests, reddit is convinced that ChatGPT is alive.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looks like Swiss Central Bank is partially nationalizing CS? Unsure how this arrangement will work out.

they’re gonna find a pile gold from the 40’s to sell
off

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

SKULL.GIF posted:

their spirit is our collateral

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

It's almost as if there are a huge amount of resources on standardized tests you could get a language library to access, rather than it reasoning the answers. Because tech guys are convinced of their own genius because of how they score on aforementioned tests, reddit is convinced that ChatGPT is alive.

I’m also convinced it is alive, but only in a juvenile, one-sided way defined in opposition to a diseased and evil society built on restricting the definition of life to its narrowest possible interpretation

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

that's still a pretty cool advance. if it helps generalized and reliable answer-bots become more feasible then that's a good thing.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Xaris posted:

it’s great everyone from the shoeshine boys to investors have spent the past year in an uneasy limbo

like everyone knows something big is coming, it’s been a subtle smell in the air for over a year. even the richest warren buffet psychos aren’t biting. pretty much societally everyone has been very on edge and uneasy for awhile now

and of course media pundits are just repeating soft landing over and over as if they say it enough it’ll come true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56G4c9FEvZQ

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Centrist Committee posted:

I’m also convinced it is alive, but only in a juvenile, one-sided way defined in opposition to a diseased and evil society built on restricting the definition of life to its narrowest possible interpretation

Did you think this about clippy, alexa or siri?

Chatgpt is as alive as your bonsai buddy; arguably less so

dk2m
May 6, 2009
credit sus is going down

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
clippy is real and he's my friend

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

dk2m posted:

credit sus is going down

from your lips to gods ears

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Frosted Flake posted:

Ya lol. An exam ultimately is a series of search queries, whether you direct it at a brain that might have retained the fragment you randomly selected or an AI who absorbed that fragment or has an active internet connection.

And it can pass a math test, wow so it can do what Wolfram and Mathematica and computers in general have been doing for decades. I guess the value add of the AI is that it can read the test itself (presumably).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i will not eat the clip or chip, but yes to the dip

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Mmmmm. Feels like 2008 all over again.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

big Baghdad Bob energy there

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
someone just came to my door to remind me the banks are rock solid

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
General Strike declared in Greece

https://gr.usembassy.gov/demonstration-alert-panhellenic-general-strike-march-16-2023/

quote:

Public and private sector employees have announced a 24-hour Panhellenic General Strike throughout Greece for March 16, 2023.

In Athens, demonstrations related to the strike are scheduled at the Propylaia (Central Athens) at 11:30 a.m., in Klafthmonos Square at 11:00 a.m. and Syntagma Square at 11:00 a.m. In Thessaloniki, demonstrations are planned at the Statue of Eleftherios Venizelos at 11:00 a.m. Additional demonstrations are expected to take place throughout Greece during the day.

The following strikes are scheduled for Thursday, March 16, 2023 (12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.), unless otherwise noted:

The National Railway will be on a 24-hour strike.
The Attica/Peloponnese Suburban Railway will be on a 24-hour strike
Ferry and boat employees will be on a 24-hour nationwide strike.
Air Traffic Controllers in all airports throughout Greece will be on a 24-hour strike.
Taxis will be on a 24-hour strike.
Buses in Athens will operate only from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Trolleys in Athens will operate only from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Athens Metro (Lines 2 & 3) will operate only from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Athens Green Line Train (Line 1) will operate only from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Trams in Athens will operate only from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Buses in Thessaloniki will be on a 24-hour strike.
Other organizations may decide to join the 24-hour Panhellenic General Strike for March 15, 2023 without prior warning. Please monitor https://www.apergia.gr and local media for last minute strike notifications.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Listen, jack! The banks! They're....you know, the thing. Strong!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://twitter.com/nickgerli1/status/1636047029527887875?s=20

:evilbuddy:

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
downturn OVER! recession MILD! get back to reality doomailures

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

good for them I guess. who the hell knows.

long past time for such things in America, even if they were possible

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Lol a lot of t shirts being announced rn

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

triple sulk posted:

finma balls

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

my bony fealty posted:

My company is talking about doing layoffs

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Frosted Flake posted:

i'd do good too if i was connected to the internet i bet

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I supported my local economy by buying a bunch booze today

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

swear to god if an international crisis ruins my vacation plans AGAIN

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
baking status: turgid

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RC Cola posted:

My company is talking about doing layoffs

it’s be smart for every company to start talking about layoffs to make sure the peons don’t get too uppity

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Supple economic demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

[doomsday economics] Cost of credit derivatives are blowing out Credit Suissy