Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Bob Socko posted:

Hi, thanks, I appreciate your input. The Seahawks have pick #5 and I'd rather they not use it on a player who may have been involved in an incident that got two people killed, and is suddenly skipping portions of workouts for teams. This is a completely reasonable worry to have, as I'd like my team to draft players who are both good players and decent human beings. Jalen Carter may be 100% innocent, and his weight gain may be directly related to the death of a teammate and a staffer, but I see no proof of that. Happy to be proven wrong, but that's on him.

Its not his fault Funeral Potatoes are so tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bob Socko posted:

The Seahawks

What are you even doing here?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

SKULL.GIF posted:

If Carter's weight gain was related to these deaths wouldn't it have happened, you know, after the deaths and not after the combine where word came out of his involvement?

It is Cadbury egg season.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

ZombieCrew posted:

Its not his fault Funeral Potatoes are so tasty.

I'll retract everything I've said if the guy comes clean about his potato problem.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

If Carter's weight gain was related to these deaths wouldn't it have happened, you know, after the deaths and not after the combine where word came out of his involvement?

Grief: A famously linear, predictable process.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I guess we'll know exactly how much he gave a gently caress about these last few seasons when he shows up for every OTA and practice in New York.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Downside
late night drunken street racing
eats too many cadbury eggs
is a "diva"

Upside
really good at football
Bears got rid of a guy who gets in DUI crashes we need a new one
did i mention he's good at football

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bob Socko posted:

He gained nine pounds in the past couple of weeks and is skipping some critical drills. Between that and the racing, it speaks to some attitude and maturity issues.

It wasn't just the weight gain. He did some drills today and apparently looked terrible.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1636070805908979713

MJeff posted:

Wonder if there's any other circumstances in the world where gaining weight and missing work after the death of some friends and colleagues in a car accident would be attributed to attitude and maturity issues.

He was out of shape during the CFP and that was before the crash. No one really knows for sure but I'm guessing he's going to drop quite a bit.

Makes me wonder if the Bears had questions regarding Carter and that's why they were fine with moving down to #9.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
We all know Poles is going to take that O line from NW at 9 and the 3 tech from NW at 53 when he falls.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Niwrad posted:

He was out of shape during the CFP and that was before the crash. No one really knows for sure but I'm guessing he's going to drop quite a bit.

WELL MAYBE HE JUST WANTS TO BE A BIG FAT GUY THEN NIWRAD! :rant:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

We all know Poles is going to take that O line from NW at 9 and the 3 tech from NW at 53 when he falls.

Lions spoke to both as well and were at the pro day.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it would be insane to pass on Carter at 9, even though i want an all offense all the time philosophy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1636098710617595907

That's a bit of a loss.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Packers beat writer estimating the Rodgers compensation:

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1636089861483446276

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

it would be insane to pass on Carter at 9, even though i want an all offense all the time philosophy

I think so too but having Eddie Goldman flashbacks.

Is the Northwestern tackle supposed to be the top tackle? I thought Paris Johnson was higher on some boards and has more upside.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

GNU Order posted:

Downside
late night drunken street racing
eats too many cadbury eggs
is a "diva"

Upside
really good at football
Bears got rid of a guy who gets in DUI crashes we need a new one
did i mention he's good at football

Wasnt that Briggs who left his very expensive car wrecked on lakeshore drive(or some other downtown street)?

MJeff posted:

WELL MAYBE HE JUST WANTS TO BE A BIG FAT GUY THEN NIWRAD! :rant:

I wonder how heavy JaMarcus Russel is now. He wouldnt have been a bust if just accepted who he was and transitioned to O-line. Coulda been making the BK money and have it his way.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

surf rock posted:

Packers beat writer estimating the Rodgers compensation:

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1636089861483446276

This is insane.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think if this was anyone but Rodgers, we would be calling out the Packers for their dumb bullshit. We know the teams were talking weeks ago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sataere posted:

I think if this was anyone but Rodgers, we would be calling out the Packers for their dumb bullshit. We know the teams were talking weeks ago.

I think it's pretty funny that the timeline seems to be that they genuinely wanted him back and then they just got annoyed enough to want to be rid of him when he said the words "darkness retreat".

But yeah if we take Rodgers' at his word, dragging this poo poo out is very sad. Take your conditional 2nd and move on.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

I think it's pretty funny that the timeline seems to be that they genuinely wanted him back and then they just got annoyed enough to want to be rid of him when he said the words "darkness retreat".

We know that Rodgers doesn't talk to the media, so that means all the passive aggressive media poo poo about him is coming from the front office. I can't stand Rodgers, but if I had a HoF quarterback, I wouldn't be making GBS threads on him publicly and then blaming him for nothing getting done. Especially when they admitted today they are just waiting on compensation. They are trying to strong arm one of the best players they've ever had and pin it all on him.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Sataere posted:

We know that Rodgers doesn't talk to the media, so that means all the passive aggressive media poo poo about him is coming from the front office. I can't stand Rodgers, but if I had a HoF quarterback, I wouldn't be making GBS threads on him publicly and then blaming him for nothing getting done. Especially when they admitted today they are just waiting on compensation. They are trying to strong arm one of the best players they've ever had and pin it all on him.

On the other hand, gently caress Aaron Rodgers.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Sataere posted:

I agree to an extent, but Aaron has been extremely passive-aggressive about all this. In the end, I think we can all agree that both the Packers front office and Rodgers are being stupid here.

In other words, gently caress the Packers.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

ZombieCrew posted:

Wasnt that Briggs who left his very expensive car wrecked on lakeshore drive(or some other downtown street)?

It was a Lamborghini and he left it on the Edens, which is I-94 in the north suburbs.

And I just Googled that and found he also had his Porsche crashed into a bartending school and abandoned.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ZombieCrew posted:

I wonder how heavy JaMarcus Russel is now. He wouldnt have been a bust if just accepted who he was and transitioned to O-line. Coulda been making the BK money and have it his way.

Remember when the Raiders checked whether JaMarcus was watching tape by sending him home with blank tapes and asking him what he thought of the blitz packages the next day

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Green Bay really pissed away Rodgers time there

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Pops Mgee posted:

This is insane.

Yeah, but so is the contract the packers agreed to last year. Trading him is the best option and still leaves the packers with 40mil in dead money. Cutting him is way worse.

So now you gotta sell this stupid contract to someone willing and with cap space.

And its egomaniac AAron tryin to get all his buddies signed up for Wild Hogs 2: Electric Boogaloo

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/aaron-rodgers-contract-details-salary-cap-impact-bonuses/

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pops Mgee posted:

This is insane.

His market is exactly one team and the Packers want to get rid of him almost as badly as that team wants him. They aren’t in a very strong position and that’s before accounting for the fact that he’s almost 40 and spent last year being bad and injured.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here is my take on aaron rodgers: he is annoying

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

R.D. Mangles posted:

here is my take on aaron rodgers: he is annoying

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

sponges posted:

Green Bay really pissed away Rodgers time there

They had a few runs derailed by key injuries especially on o-line, but yeah some terrible drafting, Dom Capers and porous defenses, special teams disasters, blowing playoff games they should have easily won, and the Jordan Love draft pick trade up as the cherry on top.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jamaal to the saints. sorry lions buddies.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Go get 'em buddy :unsmith:

e: Lions play @Saints this season

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I hope he got paid a lot!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Not really!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1636142974164692995

Are Montgomery's next 3 years really going to be 50% more valuable than his?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/jswaggdaddy/status/1636143530132353030?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Jalen stuff's going viral and has a higher placement on the news section currently (by 1) than Rodgers' announcement. It's legit https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-jalen-carter-struggles-during-georgia-pro-day-workout

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1636118433791082498

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 16, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, so it wasn't money (unless Jamaal's price just came way down), they just preferred Montgomery, I guess.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MJeff posted:

Okay, so it wasn't money (unless Jamaal's price just came way down), they just preferred Montgomery, I guess.

montgomery is very good when he is not being tackled at the line of scrimmage.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Maybe Jamaal wanted the guaranteed money? How much in guarantees did Montgomery get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Let's goooo

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1636147193089327106?t=h9mo7DZQmRg-g_05LMp8HA&s=19