Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I got the the boss, but at 1770 LL on Master I’m getting 1-shot by psions or elites. I’ll probably have to wait until the next time this thing goes on rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I actually liked Duality, what's wrong with me.

(It took me way too long to work out the bells)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Are you standing like nuts to butt with the bell? The bell slamming down can also kill you if you’re standing too close.

(I hate this dungeon.)

lmao I've been activating the bell with my uncharged melee I thought I took damage from it closing once but wasn't sure

That kinda rules

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://youtu.be/Rf8VIkpwirw

Enjoy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Avalon seems really prone to crashing the game, I've had runs cut short by that both last week and this week.

Also, the Partition mission this week is really annoying due to the payload constantly bumping you around and shooting you into the air.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Avalon and Vex Invasion may both be getting destabilized by too many dead vex parts lying around, that was a problem in Garden of Salvation too

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I played 3 rounds of scorched last night and only got pinnacle progress for 1

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

Also, the Partition mission this week is really annoying due to the payload constantly bumping you around and shooting you into the air.

It IS, I almost died a couple times just because he kept bouncing me into the kill volume and moving so he was never not under me. Funny enough he can start moving around more once you have to throw the greeble at him.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What is Partition? I looked at the list of modifiers and thought gently caress it, I'll leave it until I'm nearer 1800, but I'm still only at 1785 and it's pretty much the only thing left to do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What is Partition? I looked at the list of modifiers and thought gently caress it, I'll leave it until I'm nearer 1800, but I'm still only at 1785 and it's pretty much the only thing left to do.

It's just a small weekly mission for a pinnacle, in the Vex matrix environment

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

Avalon and Vex Invasion may both be getting destabilized by too many dead vex parts lying around, that was a problem in Garden of Salvation too

I'm pretty sure ammo drops and poo poo in the vault hosed some Petra's Runs too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
:siren: Don't delete your Sunset Gear :siren:

Just keep it

It might be usable again someday winky blinky

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just keep it

I think that ship has long since sailed for most people

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So I got the new seasonal fusion Royal Executioner with envious assassin and reservoir burst...seems pretty broken with solar reserves mod.

It counts anything over 7 or 8 rounds in the mag as "full" so 10+ shots without reloading are splosion city.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just keep it

I have a dozen or so I still keep around as mementos, mostly Black Armory stuff.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Majere posted:

So I got the new seasonal fusion Royal Executioner with envious assassin and reservoir burst...seems pretty broken with solar reserves mod.

It counts anything over 7 or 8 rounds in the mag as "full" so 10+ shots without reloading are splosion city.

I rolled one with envious + incandescent :jackbud:

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I still keep a 0-power Stubborn Oak from ages ago just for lulz. Just equipping it drops my LL enough that I get one-shot by Goblins.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just keep it

Man I don't think pre-subclass 3.0 pre-origin trait gear is gonna be all that useful in endgame activities.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Can anyone summarize what the glitch is? I don't have 20+ min to watch the whole video and skipping through it briefly I didn't see anything particularly glitchy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Listerine posted:

Can anyone summarize what the glitch is? I don't have 20+ min to watch the whole video and skipping through it briefly I didn't see anything particularly glitchy.

IIRC, you go to the point where you would pick up the first strand empowerment, retrace your steps until the zone name change pops up, then go back in and grab the strand empowerment, and you will no longer take damage.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Listerine posted:

You become invincible, op

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fun new bug- I can no longer give commendations after scorched matches. Sorry to all the joy bringing playmakers I’ve teamed up with today

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

Man I don't think pre-subclass 3.0 pre-origin trait gear is gonna be all that useful in endgame activities.

Yeah Origin Traits were definitely a means of soft-sunsetting gear without incurring the community's wrath

Plus almost all of the sunset gear has also been power crept in PvE

But it means some outliers like Smuggler's Word and that SotP fusion rifle will be aces in Trials

The looming announcement is going to have a tagline/marketing angle of 'it's your gear, use it' which is going to go over Poorly with anyone who dismantled their favorite sunset gear :smith:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just keep it

I still have my Blast Furnace and Erentil FR4. Erentil is the best FR ever made

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

haveblue posted:

Fun new bug- I can no longer give commendations after scorched matches. Sorry to all the joy bringing playmakers I’ve teamed up with today

Restart your game. That is prelude to invisibility beginning.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah Origin Traits were definitely a means of soft-sunsetting gear without incurring the community's wrath

Plus almost all of the sunset gear has also been power crept in PvE

But it means some outliers like Smuggler's Word and that SotP fusion rifle will be aces in Trials

The looming announcement is going to have a tagline/marketing angle of 'it's your gear, use it' which is going to go over Poorly with anyone who dismantled their favorite sunset gear :smith:

Is there any actual evidence something is actually coming or is this just presumption based on power being phased out?

Either way I won't be too choked up as someone who's smashed a ton of sunset gear - I've kept a few novelties like the Black Armor guns I cared about, but Hammerhead has be succeeded by Commeration and Blast Furnace doesnt mean much in the current sandbox. I'm getting very close to the point where Im going to have to start smashing non sunset guns because my vault space is strained.

Still half expecting them to give them the Opulent/Ikelos treatment and reprise some of them with origin traits since they're pretty strong standout old favorites. Only thing I feel they go going against them is it feels like it might be harder for Bungie to make a season that involves or is tangentially related to Black Armory.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Is there any actual evidence something is actually coming or is this just presumption based on power being phased out?

Either way I won't be too choked up as someone who's smashed a ton of sunset gear - I've kept a few novelties like the Black Armor guns I cared about, but Hammerhead has be succeeded by Commeration and Blast Furnace doesnt mean much in the current sandbox. I'm getting very close to the point where Im going to have to start smashing non sunset guns because my vault space is strained.

Still half expecting them to give them the Opulent/Ikelos treatment and reprise some of them with origin traits since they're pretty strong standout old favorites. Only thing I feel they go going against them is it feels like it might be harder for Bungie to make a season that involves or is tangentially related to Black Armory.

It's a real thing, yes. I'm guessing by evidence you mean 'has a Bungie platform tweeted it' and the answer to that is currently no.

Black Armory reprisals would be really cool. But not in Season 21, anyway. We're getting a reprisal of 6 Reckoning/Gambit Prime guns in both their original flavors and weird Taken variants that have had their archetypes and elements modified. Expect any sunset legendaries that had Ornaments for sale to be reprised first, but people would certainly love to see the Black Armory and the Dawn weapons come back!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

Why not? They already made a season that involved or was tangentially related to Leviathan.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
“Evidence” can also be leaks

Or, generally, what prompted you to post that right now instead of at any other point after rumors first started spreading of removing power level months ago

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
All I want is my Steelfeather back :smith:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

“Evidence” can also be leaks

Or, generally, what prompted you to post that right now instead of at any other point after rumors first started spreading of removing power level months ago

Well, because rumors are worthless and there wasn't any expectation of Sunset guns becoming Unset! They've been reducing the relevance of Power for a couple seasons now, but IMHO this is a significant and actionable update. To actually know what and when? Huge

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I have no idea how good they were but the black armoury stuff had some of the coolest design in the game imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

IMHO this is a significant and actionable update. To actually know what and when? Huge

What is? If you read a leak, just say that

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I have no idea how good they were but the black armoury stuff had some of the coolest design in the game imo

Kindled Orchid had a curated version that had Rampage and Kill Clip. You could two tap in PVP with a 140.

Then there was the infamous Blast Furnace. This pulse’s base range was 79, and it could be forged, so it was very easy to get one with 90+ range and beam people from insane ranges. It also gets kill clip.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Why not? They already made a season that involved or was tangentially related to Leviathan.

It's a little bit of me trying to not get my hopes up I guess.

I guess before it happened "Leviathan would return" could have felt random, but Glykon/Presage basically foreshadowed Calus being relevant again, and Opulent weapons are obvious tied to Calus, and Calus was a loose thread after Opulent, then Arrivals making the planets disappear.

I'm not super sure if there's any loose threads in the black armory story - I'm unclear on the status of the Forges, and with ADA-1 being a tower vendor for transmog, it does feel like it lowers the chances of her being pulled into a seasonal story....though that didn't stop them from using Amanda this season.

Like, dunno, maybe they could do a "oh no the shadow legion is trying to take control of the forges" or there's some important Collapse-era secrets that the Black Armory has that would help us in dealing with the Witness?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I'm surprised that voidlock is even more powerful than it was in season of the risen and i love tossing vortex grenades every few seconds and nova bombs every 20 seconds and i love that that baseline difficulty is tuned around me being able to do that with a poo poo eating grin on my face.. Game is really, really fun right now. ok back to whatever yall are talking about.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Isn't some sunset stuff still available from collections? The Y1 static roll guns would be at least I think.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gadzuko posted:

Isn't some sunset stuff still available from collections? The Y1 static roll guns would be at least I think.

Yeah, you can re-pull anything with a fixed roll. That includes Y1 gear and any pinnacle/ritual weapon (those also had fixed rolls)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The upcoming overhaul to 'Power Level' will eliminate the concept of 'Sunset' gear. Season 1-10 gear will be usable in all content without an inherent penalty to damage in & damage out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a real thing, yes. I'm guessing by evidence you mean 'has a Bungie platform tweeted it' and the answer to that is currently no.

Black Armory reprisals would be really cool. But not in Season 21, anyway. We're getting a reprisal of 6 Reckoning/Gambit Prime guns in both their original flavors and weird Taken variants that have had their archetypes and elements modified. Expect any sunset legendaries that had Ornaments for sale to be reprised first, but people would certainly love to see the Black Armory and the Dawn weapons come back!

There are reasons to doubt this leak, given it's source, but we'll see.

Fake leakers have latched onto the "powerpoint" model of faking a leak. But the art in it didn't look like anything we've seen before.