Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

honestly thought this was an iron man thing at first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

the howls of disappointment from the bros when it's not an announcement that DC has sold the rights to everything forever to him or whatever will be hilarious

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah that ship fight was pretty clunky, I agree

It's such a weird, obviously "how can we make this real cheap" type thing. They did the best they could with it, but it really looks silly. The beach fight was good though. so maybe it balances out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So it's just gonna be a Snydercon and he'll probably say what his original plans were. Because I can't imagine he's ever going to make another DC movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers has closed and gone private.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/11l6cp5/tftmq_everything_is_delayed_edition/

Not sure why they bothered. It's not like this retroactively protects them or erases their info from the internet forever.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers has closed and gone private.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/11l6cp5/tftmq_everything_is_delayed_edition/

Not sure why they bothered. It's not like this retroactively protects them or erases their info from the internet forever.

Me clicking the link and it telling me it's closed and private:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

The hell is that voiceover? It sounds like a little kid playing with a Darth Vader voicechanger mask.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Whatever that is, it's going to disappoint a lot of people

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

yeah yeah I've seen Snyder's work

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Opopanax posted:

says you, the all new SnyderCoin is gonna set a moribund crypto industry on its head

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Opopanax posted:

didn't evs just say he got some big two work 🤔

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1636091179711467520?t=cjhDR5x0PLTgc9e9wot1wQ&s=19

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I like Gunn’s movies a fair bit but I jus cannot see him nailing a SuperMan movie that is trying to be sincere in any way. If it’s not sincere it’s just gonna be really fuckin lame, too.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
for all their goofy moments, there's an awful lot of sincerity in the gotg movies, and it works

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soul Glo posted:

for all their goofy moments, there's an awful lot of sincerity in the gotg movies, and it works

Yeah but those moments work because the humor has disarmed you. Like, is Yondu turning out to be a loving father sad without him being kind of a cartoonish dick for the last two movies?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Comedy is way harder than drama. If you're good at it you can do anything.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
FWIW, Superman comics have been really goofy at times too. Maybe it could work

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aphrodite posted:

Comedy is way harder than drama. If you're good at it you can do anything.

I agree with this.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It'll definitely be an interesting film to watch. Maybe a big gamble for him. Gunn is not only the architect of the DC movie universe as a studio executive but has to lead by example in a direct hands-on way to create the foundational movie for the new/revised universe.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Isn't 2.5 years kinda fast for a big movie? It implies they've got at least a fair chunk of the script and cast done, and I thought they were changing the whole cast up.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but those moments work because the humor has disarmed you. Like, is Yondu turning out to be a loving father sad without him being kind of a cartoonish dick for the last two movies?

the opening of the first movie is a very affecting cancer death witnessed by a child while being propped up by nary a dick joke in sight

like, if anything, it's HARDER to sell the serious moments while making Mary Poppins references and black light cumstain jokes

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The cowards should do a Superman for All Seasons adaptation but they will not.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
peacemaker did a fairly good job and mixing taking the personal stuff serious while being funny

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And Superman should be lighthearted too. He’s the big blue Boy Scout.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I want a happy, helpful Superman sooo bad.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Neat, but no one needed to know you don't know your own dad's birthday, James.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Isn't 2.5 years kinda fast for a big movie? It implies they've got at least a fair chunk of the script and cast done, and I thought they were changing the whole cast up.

Gunn said last month that he'd been working on the script for six months, so I imagine that part's covered.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Splint Chesthair posted:

Neat, but no one needed to know you don't know your own dad's birthday, James.

His dad died 2 years ago and he’s been working a lot

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Give me All-Star Superman or give me death

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like Gunn but I worry his kind of humour doesn't mesh with Superman. He can do heart, but more often than not his stuff is more mean spirited than I want to see here.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Joe Fisto posted:

I want a happy, helpful Superman sooo bad.

One of the first Superman scenes in the Arrowverse where Tyler Hoechlin saves some kids and winks at them while they're in awe before flying off is more joy and wonder of seeing Superman on screen than ever second of Henry Cavil across all the DCEU properties combined.

Tiny Superman forever.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
When I think of Gunn I think more about lovable losers than anything else. He might surprise but wouldn't have been my first choice.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Give me All-Star Superman or give me death

I think he’ll take cues from it, but it won’t be about Superman dying.

Gunn seems to be a big fan of All Star, so I have a feeling he gets Superman.

He’s also a Cassandra Cain fan, so I have faith in his comic tastes.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Cael posted:

One of the first Superman scenes in the Arrowverse where Tyler Hoechlin saves some kids and winks at them while they're in awe before flying off is more joy and wonder of seeing Superman on screen than ever second of Henry Cavil across all the DCEU properties combined.

Tiny Superman forever.

If what you want already exists, then why aren't you happy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Give me Batista as Bibbo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I think he’ll take cues from it, but it won’t be about Superman dying.

Gunn seems to be a big fan of All Star, so I have a feeling he gets Superman.

He’s also a Cassandra Cain fan, so I have faith in his comic tastes.

I’d like to see him adapt the issue of All-Star where he goes back home and has to deal with Pa Kent’s death and funeral. It’s a really great bit of humanization.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Oh my GOD yes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gavok posted:

Now do Dan Turpin.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Now do Dan Turpin.

Danni Turpin will be played by Jennifer Holland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Why is Superman drawn like a Seth MacFarlane character