Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Quackles posted:

If it's a multiply coin, is affected by Paralysis, and rolls Heads, does setting that coin's power to 0 set the attack's final damage to 0?

I don't believe so. More like it reduces the coin's power to +0. Which means that subtraction coins would actually be boosted by Paralysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Finally did it! Beat Kromer!

And with the Lunacy I got, I managed to pull Hex Nail for Faust.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man, on one hand I wanna keep trying for N Mersault cause he looks cool and it lets me use his shards for Pursuance.

But Faust Who Grips, man.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
My funny story is I got N Corp Mersault from the guaranteed 3* pull instead of, y'know, his actual banner, rolled a singleton on the banner and got N Corp Rodion and went "Welp, guess I'm done."

I mean... would've been nice to get somebody else from the guaranteed, but I guess that just means more rolls for Faust.

Also - I seem to have weird variance in my Mirror Dungeons where sometimes my team will finish the whole thing perfectly with no problems and sometimes I'll faceplant on the final fight. Am I just getting screwed by unlucky Ego Gifts/end Abnormalities or should you always be able to clear the Mirror perfectly and there's just something I don't get about the mechanics that's causing me to lose at crunch time?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
There's definitely variance in what kind of enemies you get, tiers in terms of ego gifts and levels gained. Most importantly is probably who you get for the final boss fight. Headless Ichthus in particular is dangerous. Don't be afraid to force close the application to restart the fight if things start going against you.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Man, on one hand I wanna keep trying for N Mersault cause he looks cool and it lets me use his shards for Pursuance.

But Faust Who Grips, man.

This feels like a "why not both.gif here" situation. N Corp seems particularly synergistic compared to what we have so far, and Faust and Mersault have the best healing EGO's which just makes it an even better choice.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Junpei posted:

Finally did it! Beat Kromer!

And with the Lunacy I got, I managed to pull Hex Nail for Faust.

Same! Big thanks to The Lord of Hats for advice. My final team was Yi Sang (25), Liu Gregor (22), Liu Mersault(22), Heathcliff (20), and Outis(20), all with only their base EGO which is pretty impressive from a F2P standpoint! It was a really tense fight -- I had to continually track my EGO resources and trigger clashes while trying to keep the odds favorable enough that Kromer wouldn't gain any attack power bonuses. Even though I couldn't use Mersault's +Burn Count skill he was incredible for using Chains of Others on a Gripping turn which meant he'd be staggered through the speed/power down turn and Kromer would be doing all her big hits at a high disadvantage.

In her second phase I did very much the same -- trying to hit EGO resources and trying to balance activating them in critical clashes vs saving them for big turns. Once I managed to break the Maw the rest of the run got a lot easier even though I failed the event check / lost Yi Sang and sinners started panicking due to low morrale. You really felt the mechanics firing on all cylinders which is a fantastic capstone fight for the current content. Still, I'm glad I don't have to focus so hard and can continue slam-jamming the burn button from here on out.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.

LostRook posted:

There's definitely variance in what kind of enemies you get, tiers in terms of ego gifts and levels gained. Most importantly is probably who you get for the final boss fight. Headless Ichthus in particular is dangerous. Don't be afraid to force close the application to restart the fight if things start going against you.

Headless fish boy was the culprit behind my first failed run. He was pretty brutal. I just watched as my team got turned into a fine red paste.

Had a very fun mirror dungeon run today and learned the importance of watching my sinners sanity! The last battle node before the final boss I tried out the Ebony Stem ego for Outis and it corroded. Heh… the enemies died but Faust, Heathcliff and Yi Sang were collateral damage. Thankfully the last boss was the Apple one and G Corp Outis and Mittlehammer Rodion took it down saving the run. Was very entertaining.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Just realized you can double-dip on dailies/weeklies between now and when the update lands, if I'm interpreting the maintenance announcement correctly

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I'm doing it now, for the shards if nothing else.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

The postscript is I ran a Mirror and then had everybody die except a level 30 Blade Yi Sang and Faust and then they duo'd the finale, so I guess sometimes it really is just about what the game spits out at you.

Thanks for the heads up on the reset thing! Guess I'd better go farm the Dark Wood then for those 20 stages.

EDIT: Oh wait, KST. So that means I have like... 2 hours to run that and 4 mirrors. Probably better to focus on mirrors tbh.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 15, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

LostRook posted:

This feels like a "why not both.gif here" situation. N Corp seems particularly synergistic compared to what we have so far, and Faust and Mersault have the best healing EGO's which just makes it an even better choice.

In an ideal world it would be, but in the end as "generous" as it is Limbus is a gacha, I had terrible luck with pulls and even with shard boxes I'd have too many targets to get even with paid BP boxes (it would be N Corp Mersault/Faust, Lantern and Pursuance that I'm mostly insterested in). Specially since I bet healing EGO al vital for the future Railway.

EDIT: Wait, maint is from 10 AM to 12 AM KST and not 6-8? gently caress, I stayed up till now thinking I could update and check the game. Will have to do tomorrow then.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 16, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
My team was Seven Yi Sang, Seven Ryoshu, Shi Ishmael, Mariachi Sinclair (had to let him use his Strength and Protection bonus from The Sign) and Blade Lineage Outis. I don't really recall how it went specifically-Shi Ishmael bit it somewhere after the transition to phase two and Seven Ryoshu just before the one check that Blade Lineage Outis aced.

I have found out one really interest EGO synergy, in terms of passives.

So, Outis's base EGO passive is a +10% all-type Damage increase after a turn where she took no damage. Her only TETH and HE's passives also give her more conditional +10% damage buffs-one for Lust-type skills, the other for Pierce-type ones.

Blade Lineage Outis has a Lust, Pierce skill that gives her a +20% Slash damage buff on her next turn. Her other two skills are Slash as well.

After some initial EGO set-up, BL Outis could have a pretty consistent +30% damage on all her stuff.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

posadas posted:

Just realized you can double-dip on dailies/weeklies between now and when the update lands, if I'm interpreting the maintenance announcement correctly

No, exactly the opposite: Any progress you make on dailies and weeklies before the patch should be reset back to their original state, without you keeping the progress. And the weekly refresh won't even happen beforehand: "The daily/weekly resets, Mirror Dungeon bonuses, and daily free entries will take place after the update finishes." If you try to double-dip the progress will be reversed and it likely will not return the spent Energy or keys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

As written, I think it says there will be a reset (as in back to fresh state, not undoing the last day), hence why you need to collect stuff before maint in case you lose it when the daily/weeklies go back to their untapped state, but any dungeons you already spent modules on are gonna be the old version rather than the way that Mirrors are going to be after maint, in case you thought it would be the new version starting even from just March 16th's daily reset.

Moot point though, we're close enough that we'll see it soon enough. As for me I'll try to finish it out but will probably miss the last mirror.

EDIT: Was still a decent haul though, entirety of the non-Alt Identity Sinners up to level 22.

Looks like Luxcavations are also the game telling me "Hey idiot, stop turtling at 3-4 and actually finish the story!" if I have that right? Or only just Chapter 2?

Jossar fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 16, 2023

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

If I remember correctly... they said EXP Lux unlocks sometime in Chapter 2, and Thread Lux sometime in Chapter 3? so it will depend on when within the chapter those are.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
2-12 cleared for EXP
2-19 cleared for Thread

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
That's just for the first stage of each with later stages having later story mission requirements and better reward rates.

So. Yes.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I fought Headless Ichthys once in the mirror dungeon and had no problems with it. Four-Legged Beasts, on the other hand...

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Game's up.

I got to keep the stuff I got from the 5 pre-maintenance Mirror Dungeon runs I did, which is nice.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Stuff is kept, missions reset, best of both worlds.

Luxcavations are as follows:

All use your current Roster, rather than building via Mirrors. There's 3 daily bonuses, unsure if that's for both or each individual Lux.

EXP -

Stage 1 - Requires 2-12, Useful Affinity - Slash, Costs 30 Enkephalin, Rewards Tier I and Tier II XP.

Can't see the others for Stage 2 and 3, other than that they need 3-12 and 3-22 respectively to enter.

Thread - Has a Level 20 Difficulty for 35 Enkephalin, requiring completion of 2-19. A level 30 variant is locked for me, requiring completion of 3-22. Visibly noticeable that it's an abnormality fight that alters each day of the week, with the most useful Affinity altering each day.

Thursday - Cyborgs - Gloom
Friday - Pink Shoes - Pride
Saturday - Doomsday Clock - Envy
Sunday - Ebony Queen - Wrath
Monday - Headless Ichthys - Lust
Tuesday - Maggoty Apple - Greed
Wednesday - Alleyway Watchdog - Gluttony

This implies that the EXP one is human enemies instead, but haven't confirmed.

Guess I'd better get hauling on clearing out Ch.3 then.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 16, 2023

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
What the heck you get 1 gold ticket and 5 silver for beating the level 30 luxcavation and it costs 40 enkaphlin. That seems way worse than the old mirror dungeon rewards

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Jossar posted:

Stage 1 - Requires 2-12, Useful Affinity - Slash, Costs 30 Enkephalin, Rewards Tier I and Tier II XP.

Can't see the others for Stage 2 and 3, other than that they need 3-12 and 3-22 respectively to enter.

Thread - Has a Level 20 Difficulty for 35 Enkephalin, requiring completion of 2-19. A level 30 variant is locked for me, requiring completion of 3-22. Visibly noticeable that it's an abnormality fight that alters each day of the week, with the most useful Affinity altering each day.

This implies that the EXP one is human enemies instead, but haven't confirmed.

The level 30 variant of the Thread Luxcavation is 40 Enkephalin instead of 35 and yielded 6 Threads and 40 Lunacy. This massively helps offset the high Enkephalin costs of the missions: If anything it outright reverses it into a profit.

The other XP fights today are Pierce recommended and Blunt recommended: The Pierce-centric fight looks like the mixed mobster pile from Canto 2, the Blunt fight is the hardest fight in all of Canto 3 but scaled up to be even worse.

And yes the XP fights are human enemies, as was confirmed before release.

Lakbay posted:

What the heck you get 1 gold ticket and 5 silver for beating the level 30 luxcavation and it costs 40 enkaphlin. That seems way worse than the old mirror dungeon rewards

Did you screencap your rewards screen? The Thread Lux gave Lunacy, so I would imagine the XP one does too.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
The question is whether the Lunacy is a first time clear reward; I'd imagine it's at least tied to the 3/day if it's always available. Just did the EXP one, it also gave 40 Lunacy.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Really should have toned down these things for dailies, it's one thing for story but fights aren't going to get appreciably shorter any time soon so taking like 10+ minutes to go through every xp dungeon takes forever.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

The level 2 thread dungeon is 4 thread for 35 - less efficient but pretty easy. I’ve been too lazy to get into 3-22 yet but this’ll probably get me to do it soon, though I’m not 100% sure how well I’ll do on the 30.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The level 30 thread lux is way easier than the EXP 30 one, and any team that can clear 3-22 in the first place isn't going to have any trouble doing it. 6 threads with bonus, 3 without, which is fair enough, since that's a 00 uptie every 3 days, or a 000 a week, just from the 3 bonus runs.
EXP, on the other hand, needs a huge nerf and a reward boost because they've completely destroyed EXP gain compared to running Mirrors for tickets. Especially pre-3-22, where you're stuck with getting 1200 EXP for 35 Enkephalin, compared to 6000 for 60 from pre-update non-bonus Mirrors.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 16, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Saigyouji posted:

The level 30 thread lux is way easier than the EXP 30 one, and any team that can clear 3-22 in the first place isn't going to have any trouble doing it.
EXP, on the other hand, needs a huge nerf and a reward boost.

Agreed on both counts: The thread lux at 30 was easier than the same encounter usually is in Mirror dungeons for me, whereas the XP 30 actually gave me my first loss of my entire playtime so far: Just like a story mission you're only out a single Enkephalin on fail, the other 39 are refunded FWIW.

Just checked it out: The Level 20 fight is pre-nerf Aida Mariachis :v:

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 16, 2023

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
The L30 EXP fight is definitely too long, but at least the first time it was a nice "how far I've come" moment. I was mostly using the same team but cycling through EGO much better. It's a shame R Corp Heathcliff, G Corp Gregor and Blade Lineage Sinclair are a three-000 trio, because they're a really solid core for using Legerdemain over and over in fights, and that's particularly nice in the L30 EXP daily.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Further note of interest: I got 40 Lunacy each for the first run of all the three different levels of XP, but doing the Level 30 Thread again did NOT get me the Lunacy despite still being in my bonus threshold. Gonna try the Level 20 version and see if that pays out.

Edit confirmation: Yes, I did subsequently get the 40 Lunacy for doing the lower difficulty.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 16, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

EXP Luxcavations are pretty trash, ngl. 3-wave inquisitor fight w/ Guido for 5 silvers and a gold? Thread is okay, I guess, but I hate that it's the whole scripted fight every time. I can only shut down the factory so many times, you know?

This did force me to sit down and really think if I want to push any of my IDs from 25 to 30... and honestly, no, I don't think I do. I'd rather spend 17 gold tickets to boost whatever usable IDs I get this season to my current squad's levels than spend 19 gold tickets to push someone already ready for the level 30 fights to get slightly higher numbers.

And... apparently the reception is pretty universally bad across the board, because this is a pretty swift course correction:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1636242231970648064?t=oC1Hw-xlV2zswkkvek0R2A&s=19

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Kurokomo Rodion and Mittelhammer Rodion: what's the meaningful difference?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Tricky posted:

I can only shut down the factory so many times, you know?

It can honestly be faster to just... not shut down the factory. Slapping them down 5 times manually is usually just as quick if not quicker for a strong team.

And yeah it's nice to see a quick course correction here: To summarize (as I am wont to do)

> Everybody gets 20 gold XP tickets as compensation.
> Unlocks are getting easier: Tier 1 stays unchanged (2-12 to unlock), Tier 2 unlocks WAY earlier (Canto 2 dungeon instead of 3-12), and Tier 3 also unlocks sooner (3-16 instead of 3's dungeon)
> Payouts are getting better. Tier 1 is currently 4 copper & 3 silver, going up to 6 and 6. Tier 2 goes from 4 copper & 5 silver to 3 silver and 3 GOLD, and Tier 3 goes from 5 silver 1 gold to giving 5 of both.
> Payouts are also improving in similar rates for repeat runs after the first three per day.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Kurokomo Rodion and Mittelhammer Rodion: what's the meaningful difference?

Ideology, aesthetics, gameplay, voices, color balance, most things. :v:
Mechanically KK Rodion has a lot of crits and short-term Bleed with basically a blank / worthless passive, and a Gloom-heavy deck.
Meanwhile N Corp Rodion has a lot of Nails (long-term Bleed) and the Fanatic buff with an EXCELLENT passive, and a Pride-heavy deck.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Doing all the max level luxcavations, 3x exp and 3x thread, costs exactly 24 hours worth of enkephalin. (240, and you regenerate 10 per hour)
So it seems you will have to pick and choose between doing those or doing extra mirror dungeons for battle pass levels.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Are the 40 extra brains for the dungeons a one off? I only had time to do one of each this morning.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Seems so, did the LV 28 twice and the second time it gave no Lunacy.

Also the difficulty drop is noticeable, a team of LV 25 0 Blunt identities cleared with no problems and it's just 2 waves instead of 1.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, was surprised I could beat it with my Level 22 Blunt team (Base Identities: Mersault, Heathcliff, Faust, Ishmael, and Hong Lu, although some are merely not Fatal), but it's definitely a welcome change.

I wonder if the Lunacy refreshes daily, or if it's just a pure one-off similar to EX-ing a story chapter, but that'll have to wait for Reset, I guess.

EDIT: Also beating the lower level Thread Lux didn't seem to drain any daily bonus? Oh well, beat all the EXP tiers and the level 20 abno fight, so I guess I now have no reason to do anything but the strongest from this point on unless they refresh. Might take me a bit to get to Level 30 Thread Lux though. Is it as difficult as being level 30 implies?

Jossar fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 16, 2023

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Ariamaki posted:

It can honestly be faster to just... not shut down the factory. Slapping them down 5 times manually is usually just as quick if not quicker for a strong team.

I picked the option to shut it down that requires you to kill the big guy one more time to actually finish the event, but then i killed him and he exploded from reaching 5 surgery. oops?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I don't usually have much problem with that boss. The trick is that the trigger for the event is 1 turn after killing him the first time, and the deactivation after second kill, so if you ignore the adds and bumrush it, it should die fast. For bonus points the adds won't get the Surgery attack/Haste bonus making them more manageable.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I think I've gained 15 battle pass levels since yesterday. Pretty profitable.

My guess would be, assuming you don't have any pressing experience or thread needs, that grinding mirror dungeons is more profitable than the luxcavations since thread is downstream of shards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My team vs Kromer is almost entirely 2x weak to pierce and one of them is 3* Sinclair which means he gets triple hosed just for existing. The rest is L corp Faust, Liu Gregor, and the two riot police girls. I have no idea what to do, think I might have to restart. :negative: