Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

*squinting at the billionths on the yardstick*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My microwave heats an umbel of water by ten baby breaths in just two hog's leaps

The General posted:

Mac and cheese loaf owns. Fite me.
Why is it greeeen

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I am too colourblind to answer that question.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How about some pink instead?

I thought it was just the 1970s photography at first but nope, they threw in tomato paste alongside the more typical ingredients.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I've always put in tomato paste. I don't quite make it that pink though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I wonder how common that is, I've never seen it used. I went around looking at random recipes to see if I was missing something, and none of them happened to have it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Tomato paste goes good in a lot of things, the key is you use maybe a tablespoon (from a tube), and not throw in an entire 8oz can every time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

How about some pink instead?

I thought it was just the 1970s photography at first but nope, they threw in tomato paste alongside the more typical ingredients.

I have to wonder if this is how my family came by our stroganoff recipe, which has no mushrooms (because allergies) and is more of a beefy tomato basil soup served over rice or noodles. Still has the sour cream, and when you add the sour cream it goes from a deep red to a bright virulent orange.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I was looking through a magazine from 1930 and there was a quaker oats ad, and at the bottom it mentioned "Quaker Milk Macaroni" so I had to google that to see what the gently caress it was

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

did macaroni used to mean something like a big bucatini?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AlmightyBob posted:

I was looking through a magazine from 1930 and there was a quaker oats ad, and at the bottom it mentioned "Quaker Milk Macaroni" so I had to google that to see what the gently caress it was

If they'd thought to name it milkaroni, it would probably be on our tables right to this day :sad:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

My partner started out horrified with the idea of "hollowing out an edam cheese" and it only gets worse from there.

"They're cold, damp macoroni, contained in a waxy cheese shell..."

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I'm not gonna lie the main thing that turns me off is the cream of chicken soup. Just replace that and pair with boozy mountain dew slush for maximum fatass nerdery and I'd totally order it at a restaurant or something for the novelty.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Nameless Pete posted:

"Coated With Crumbs" gangtag, please.

Someone design this and I'll make it happen.

edit: 180x25 pixels, under 100kb size, and i'm not going to do a million of these

HelloIAmYourHeart has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Mar 16, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that would compliment my Mestre tag nicely.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

crumb crisp coating

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/robertashley/status/1635405095641956352

I feel like this crosses the line into sheer cruelty, no matter what food crime these tacos may have committed

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Someone design this and I'll make it happen.

edit: 180x25 pixels, under 100kb size, and i'm not going to do a million of these

I'm on it. 180x25? Not 180x45?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like this crosses the line into sheer cruelty, no matter what food crime these tacos may have committed

What is that, taco BDSM?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

First of May posted:

I'm on it. 180x25? Not 180x45?

Two different people told me 180x25, but I think under 100kb is more important

First of May
May 1, 2017

Two different people told me 180x25, but I think under 100kb is more important

I only ask because all the gangtags I see are in the 40s tall. Here's a super lazy version. It's not animated so it's small. I'll take suggestions if someone has a more creative vision.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

First of May posted:

I only ask because all the gangtags I see are in the 40s tall. Here's a super lazy version. It's not animated so it's small. I'll take suggestions if someone has a more creative vision.

I like the idea, it might work better zoomed out a little bit with room to fake in the lower side of the S where it gets cut off by a wrinkle?

First of May
May 1, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the idea, it might work better zoomed out a little bit with room to fake in the lower side of the S where it gets cut off by a wrinkle?

A little less tightly cropped and some sharpening

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Captain Hygiene posted:

Daddy would you like some tacos?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

First of May posted:

A little less tightly cropped and some sharpening

The sharpening helps a ton, I was thinking something like this to fix the lettering:

I also filled in the new light spot that showed up underneath it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whooping Crabs posted:

Daddy would you like some tacos?

:lmao:

more falafel please posted:

did macaroni used to mean something like a big bucatini?

My assumption is that the word "pasta" didn't really enter American English until some time after WWII. Before that I guess "macaroni" was the only form we knew about, what with its complicated Yankee Doodle history connotations and all

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

The sharpening helps a ton, I was thinking something like this to fix the lettering:

I also filled in the new light spot that showed up underneath it.

First uhhh 20 people to quote this get a COATED WITH CRUMBS gangtag tomorrow night or whenever I get around to it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

First uhhh 20 people to quote this get a COATED WITH CRUMBS gangtag tomorrow night or whenever I get around to it.

Oh yeah, coated with crumbs, like a nice chicken strip, or my mattress.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Mar 16, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

if you do it you can replace the animal rights one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yes please. I'm gonna get dinged for too many tags, if it's easy to just put it alongside the Mestres da Pizza and Unlimited Crab ones and ditch the others, I'd appreciate it :tipshat:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Hell yeah, love it.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Down

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hi, hello there. If possible could the tags by arranged so that they make a little story?

I am an absolute moron
coated in crumbs
accursed ones

Only a moron would get themselves coated in accursed crumbs.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i need this

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hit me crumb daddy

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Watt a meal.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hell yeah

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

As long as I keep the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

Down for this.