Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

coelomate posted:

goons did the email server too?

yeah the tech guy running it posted in SH/SC for help and then asked lowtax to nuke his account once the news started talking about the server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah the tech guy running it posted in SH/SC for help and then asked lowtax to nuke his account once the news started talking about the server

:staredog:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
The guy had like six posts or something lol, mostly posted on Reddit I think

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
:unsmith:

lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Good times.

Yes that is exactly what happened.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah I remember that, lol this loving website man sheeeesh

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Truth is dumber than fiction.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nope goons did benghazi and the email server lol

did goons do svb

Euph pls respond

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
this stupid country will ban tik tok but won't ban crypto smh

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Orvin posted:

Why would Credit Suisse have to go to the Saudis and kick off this whole mess if they could just get a loan from their own government?

The amount of money involved I believe. They lost $8,000,000,000 last year after losing shitloads in the past few years. This is prompting more withdrawals from the bank which have also been accelerating in recent years. This is on top of them being criminally negligent.

It's like getting money to buy a car but still needing to ask people for money to get the car because your gambling habit comes first. Then everyone that you owe money to shows up to take back their stuff because you aren't trustworthy anymore.

Orvin posted:

Second question, is this really a loan? If things are that bad at CS, is there really any hope of paying it back? It’s kinda like giving a junkie another hit. You know they are going to just piss away this cash over time and wind up crawling back to the government for more liquidity.

It isn't about being paid back. The modern globalized banking system is a literal house of cards and it's in every participant and benefactors best interest to keep things functioning, even if it means some lost profits. Most of us with massive debt and no money hooting for collapse are the weird ones to the money havers of the world.

It's the same reason the US Government actually passed one of the most beneficial bills in decades when Covid shut down the economy.

It's why we bailed out the literal worst example of useless excess in Silicon Valley Bank.

It's why Obama bailed out and rewarded Wall Street for 2008.

If the system that gives the rich their balances is threatened it will be protected by every world government. If Credit Suisse just folded up tomorrow then the tens of trillions of fake money leveraged on top of however much money they actually had is an immediate loss in ledgers worldwide. Then those banks are in trouble. Etc.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Mar 16, 2023

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Hubbert posted:

did goons do svb

Euph pls respond

peter thiel probably lurked at some point

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I feel like I'm having a stroke reading this. I smell toast.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Very happy to hear that we have infinite money. Why do we even have poor people

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

anime was right posted:

peter thiel probably lurked at some point

dude everyone was a goon here at some point

moot

robert evans

pewdiepie

deep hurthing

probably cyanide and happiness

dril

etc

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Mar 16, 2023

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Can I get a 7% interest rate on my savings?

No?

OK.

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1636149541320941570

i walked by some local bank branch and they had one of the old fashioned signs with their current rates on it

2.6% for a 5 year cd

9% on a 30 year fixed

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Who has supreme jurisdiction to seize a multnational bank like Credit Suisse, anyway? :thunk:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Hubbert posted:

moot

robert evans

pewdiepie

deep hurthing

dril

etc

well then your question was rhetorical

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Who has supreme jurisdiction to seize a multnational bank like Credit Suisse, anyway? :thunk:

My dick

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1636189170665127939

the ECB meets 3/16/2023 at 9:15am eastern time

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Will tomorrow bring more blood???

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
ok, so we need to destroy a lot of value in the economy to control inflation

but rich people can't be allowed to lose any money

*thinking real hard*

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
maybe we can stop paying so much for our military?

no no no that won't do at all

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Hubbert posted:

moot

robert evans

pewdiepie

deep hurthing

dril

etc

my favorite is the nfl player (if you consider a punter a real player)

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

Will tomorrow bring more blood???

No one knows due to the ability of governments to just go "Nuh Uh" lately

Normally I'd say we are in trouble due to an obviously spreading banking contagion but it seems like everyone is just immediately getting promised a bailout whether it's possible or not to stamp out any instability in the system.

The system is made out of instability though so it'll either work or it won't.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

loving jeffrey!!

double your emoji size for double the lols and lmaos

it's a valuable investment

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I like that SA is pretty small in 2023 internet communities yet is tied directly to hillary email server and benghazi

what if mr trump himself posted here...

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait excuse me?? wtf there’s no way

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So the question isn't if they can wriggle out of this because they are to some extent, but what does them being bailed out mean w/r/t the results of having that money be given to them? They aren't going to make that back unless they find a shitload of real wealth to invest into that wasn't invested into before, so this is just slowly building up inflation right?

Like does inflation happen quicker if they raise rates but keep bailing out?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

thechosenone posted:

So the question isn't if they can wriggle out of this because they are to some extent, but what does them being bailed out mean w/r/t the results of having that money be given to them? They aren't going to make that back unless they find a shitload of real wealth to invest into that wasn't invested into before, so this is just slowly building up inflation right?

Like does inflation happen quicker if they raise rates but keep bailing out?

a lot of old white people hoping the wealth stolen by nazis will help keep things going smooth for them

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

I like that SA is pretty small in 2023 internet communities yet is tied directly to hillary email server and benghazi

trump? no

steve bannon tho

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

oh god did I play with steve bannon in goon squad at some point? he better not be loving sneep

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

a lot of old white people hoping the wealth stolen by nazis will help keep things going smooth for them

But they explicitly refuse to part with it so it may as well not be there for Credit Suisse? You have to give more money to them not take it away like what would happen if they went belly up. The ledger keeps going up.

It seems like they'll have to do that until it starts breaking things faster than they can fix them.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

trump? no

steve bannon tho

i thought it was pretty common knowledge that steve bannon was ferretball

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Justin Tyme posted:

SA is tiny by 2023 standards, but the thing is it was a major presence in the 00s, and all the old heads get to benefit from that longevity/tenure presence in terms of influence, so anyone who's big today is highly likely to be at least 1-2 degrees away from goondom.

The explosion of the Internet over the past 15 decade has been largely adding normies to the audience.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Delta-Wye posted:

trump? no

steve bannon tho

trump was an lfer

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lol at we are going to give you 54b in emergency loans to prevent the bank from collapsing, and also no you don't have to change anything about the way you run your business that got you in your mess, and also no we won't change anything about the way we structure our business environment that got you in this mess, and also we are going to raise rates again, and so forth

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
goons got mentioned recently in a vice article which was about the phenomenon of "gooning" which is apparently just what they call jacking it 6+ times a day now

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Vice out there giving away ALL our secrets.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

goons got mentioned recently in a vice article which was about the phenomenon of "gooning" which is apparently just what they call jacking it 6+ times a day now

truly ahead of the curve around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
if there is I N F I N I T E money at the FED

why the gently caress do we pay TAXES