Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

5er
Jun 1, 2000

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

:psypop:

I still remember reading my Dad's itemizied Telecom bills (books are for rich people), and being SO confused when it all changed to Telstra

Telcos love changing their names at absolute nadirs of customer service rating. They rebrand, pretend they're a whole new company, actually effort on customer contact for about half a year, then rapidly revert back to the same poo poo service they were originally legend for until the next rebrand event. Kind of a worldwide thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Giving you a single ramekin with both sweet chili and sour cream in it is a Dog Act 1976.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Almost as bad as serving a meat pie in pea soup or calling a parma a parmi.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Might chuck up some more historic pics.

Orange, NSW, 1978

That's cool, when I was at Bathurst last year I had a nice lunch in a café just behind where the photo was taken. Later I got absolutely soaked exploring the fine selection of empty commercial buildings around the back. That building on the left looks a lot better now that they've pulled that tin cladding off the original facade

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

~Coxy posted:

Giving you a single ramekin with both sweet chili and sour cream in it is a Dog Act 1976.

Does anyone remember the early 2000s when wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli was the only thing anyone ordered at the pub?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Outrail posted:

Does anyone remember the early 2000s when wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli was the only thing anyone ordered at the pub?

Fondly

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

Shout out to $5 steaks with any drink purchase for keeping this beast at bay.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Outrail posted:

Yes, and it owned.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback
Some poo poo pub near me does a parma with fuckin potato wedges on the side lol. It's not the 90s anymore

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

At my old job there was, what i think was the old phone cable switch box, in the kitchen that had the telecom logo on it

Pretty sure my inlaws still have a landline (lol) that's branded with the Telecom logo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

There was some overlap with time of focaccia and sun dried tomato

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

God drat did young Inceltown feel like he was a fancy lad when he ordered focaccia back in the day.

Although the days of easily being able to get a hot chip roll with gravy are long gone too so we've come far but we've lost a lot.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Inceltown posted:

God drat did young Inceltown feel like he was a fancy lad when he ordered focaccia back in the day.

Although the days of easily being able to get a hot chip roll with gravy are long gone too so we've come far but we've lost a lot.

Might have to "roll your own" at Red Rooter

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

EoinCannon posted:

There was some overlap with time of focaccia and sun dried tomato

Lol I forgot about Australia's intense love affair with sun dried tomatoes.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
We kinda love(d,) charcuterie board for a hot minute too

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Charcuterie boards are still pretty common though? Like they’re not gunna be on a pub menu, but they’re still on the menu at a lot of wineries, small bars etc

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
My favorite was when craft beer got trendy but we didn't have any craft beer so every pub in Perth had a Redback tap followed by little creatures.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I used to have one of those puzzles where you moved the pieces around to form an image and it was the Telecom logo

My dad was a telephone technician and worked for the PMG's (Post-Master General - postal service and phone service were one department at that time) department, which ultimately became Telecom. When he retired he was given an acrylic block with the Telecom logo which came on a wooden stand.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I remember the stage where anti-pasto platters where a big thing but every restaurant had the same ingredients on them cause they used all the same sandhurst jars of ingredients.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ballarat had a single kind of hippie health food/bong/misc shop that sold Mountain Goat, that was all we had for craft beer. That was when it was called microbrewery not craft

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I remember when restaurants used to provide a basket of different breads and flavoured butters as soon as you sat down. It was hard to resist filling up on the bread while you waited for your meal.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I havent seen redback on tap since Tasmania in the early 90's

Lolie posted:

I remember when restaurants used to provide a basket of different breads and flavoured butters as soon as you sat down. It was hard to resist filling up on the bread while you waited for your meal.

Tried out some french place a while back a goon recommended (Restaurant Hubert) and the bread and butter was easily something I could have had on its own and left satisfied.

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 18, 2023

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Lolie posted:

My walking distance local still brings out a basket of fresh bread rolls and Tatura butter packets before the meal. So dang good.

They also do the platonic ideal of a chicken kiev and before covid had a self serve salad bar.

When they changed hands a few years ago and put some non-cub craft(ish) beers on tap I felt like I won the lottery.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

In those quiet moments, when I close my eyes and allow my deepest memories to bubble up to the surface, I can still taste the Sizzler garlic bread. loving delicious

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

krampster2 posted:

In those quiet moments, when I close my eyes and allow my deepest memories to bubble up to the surface, I can still taste the Sizzler garlic bread. loving delicious

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/f...5137bedbc966b5e

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone drink these beauties?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bill Posters posted:

My walking distance local still brings out a basket of fresh bread rolls and Tatura butter packets before the meal. So dang good.

Deport all Lurpak

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

takes me back to highschool

and then v hit the market

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Still get em once in a while for the nostalgia

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Outrail posted:

Lol I forgot about Australia's intense love affair with sun dried tomatoes.

I think it's just a natural state for a tomato to be if it's not eaten in time. It's Australia ffs

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Are those Fetta stuffed capsicums any good?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jestery posted:

Some are off puttingly sweet. Some are good.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Jestery posted:

Stuffed capsicums own but I can’t imagine the prepackaged ones from woolies or whatever are any good

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Poohs Packin posted:

Some are off puttingly sweet. Some are good.

Some have marscapone and some have feta. Both rule but it's going to hit weird if you're expecting one and get the other.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Garlic stuffed olives are the king of antipasto.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Negative, goats cheese stuffed olives are the pinnacle of human innovation.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Tuna stuffed olives.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Jestery posted:

I quite like them, the ones from woolies are usually sweet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Lolie posted:

My dad was a telephone technician and worked for the PMG's (Post-Master General - postal service and phone service were one department at that time) department, which ultimately became Telecom. When he retired he was given an acrylic block with the Telecom logo which came on a wooden stand.

Only registered members can see post attachments!