Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Oh my god, this game has a Kevin Dunn mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

Oh my god, this game has a Kevin Dunn mode

it's had it for years, everyone who plays it turns it off immediately

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OyJ7jHyOWQ
lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this game owns

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

It's so bizarre how even their video game campaigns drill into your fictional character's head that "whatever you did before WWE doesn't matter, we're the best, it's a different story here, nowhere else matters, even my several years in Japan don't matter, you're in for a wake-up call here in the big leagues, kid!" And that's just the Performance Center.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bonk posted:

It's so bizarre how even their video game campaigns drill into your fictional character's head that "whatever you did before WWE doesn't matter, we're the best, it's a different story here, nowhere else matters, even my several years in Japan don't matter, you're in for a wake-up call here in the big leagues, kid!" And that's just the Performance Center.

The 2k story mode cinematic universe is an absolute nightmare world look into the psyche of how WWE fans view the wrestling business

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The best storymodes were like No Mercy, Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain. You are a wrestler and these are your storylines. When they get meta with it, it breaks down because it's like it's a performance but actually this match is real.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I watched the NL 2k22 career mode part one and in the fourish hours they are actually "in wwe" as opposed to chargen/performance center tutorial there were two (2) separate cuck storylines lol

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I watched the NL 2k22 career mode part one and in the fourish hours they are actually "in wwe" as opposed to chargen/performance center tutorial there were two (2) separate cuck storylines lol

That's nice of the games to have them less often than the real WWE does.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

I liked their battle royal of guys not in 2k23 couldn't end because #30 just never appeared. That ruled, what a well made video game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I liked their battle royal of guys not in 2k23 couldn't end because #30 just never appeared. That ruled, what a well made video game

it hits different

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

forkboy84 posted:

You can't teach that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Them starting the 2K23 stream by immediately trying an online Rumble, and it got the entrances of the match (Shanky and Brock) done and then crashed :patriot:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

projecthalaxy posted:

Which one was the one where they played as Kane and basically every single storyline in the game was the player character feuding with someone over who owns various women?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drakkel posted:

Which one was the one where they played as Kane and basically every single storyline in the game was the player character feuding with someone over who owns various women?

That was WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, the RAW side.

Though honestly the original Smackdown vs Raw was mostly about that as well.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Bonk posted:

Nothing will ever be as bad as 2K20 myrise boiling down to “Wrestling is stupid and you’re a geek.”

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Corzaa posted:

Nothing will ever be as bad as 2K20 myrise boiling down to “Wrestling is stupid and you’re a geek.”

i mean... let's be honest with ourselves here

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Samoa Joes Cyber arm

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was able to obtain a copy of 2k23 so we'll see how it feels to play. I haven't played a WWE game since 19

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Testekill posted:

That was WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, the RAW side.

Though honestly the original Smackdown vs Raw was mostly about that as well.

Yeah their Tajiri playthrough of SvR was just all about Tajiri and Undertaker competing to build harems

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
OH HELL YEAH!!

https://twitter.com/newlegacyinc/status/1636352827902533633?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Corzaa posted:

Folks...

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Shard posted:

I was able to obtain a copy of 2k23 so we'll see how it feels to play. I haven't played a WWE game since 19

I have it but I'll probably never play it. Not even to unlock stuff. I just want to make characters and watch em fight.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Shard posted:

Let me know your thoughts. 2k19 was mostly enjoyable for me but when I tried 2k22 I struggled with the new controls for some reason, reversals in particular

Dacap fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 16, 2023

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
You can't make a double title match with one wrestler having both belts and defending both against someone.

You can have a double title match but it's always champion vs champion,so WWE champion Bret Hart vs WCW champion Sting, etc.
Disappointed.

Atleast everyone actually has a double title entrance if they actually hold two belts, from what I,personally, have checked out so far.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Any career mode where you can’t create the timeless Chocolate Drop bit is a career mode not worth playing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoeMashups/status/1636223538553126912

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

John Cena vs. Chip Hazard. Book it!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Them starting the 2K23 stream by immediately trying an online Rumble, and it got the entrances of the match (Shanky and Brock) done and then crashed :patriot:

At least they were able to do it by turning entrances off, which means the problem of entrances and online not playing nice together still exists :v:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I hope the AEW game is good but I feel like it will not be

But maybe it will be

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wait is vince really a playable character in 2k23

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
They put in G1 tournament in the 2k23 MyRise mode for THE LOCK but it's called "Apex Tournament" and Tokyo dome is the "Japan Dome". :lol:

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I have it but I'll probably never play it. Not even to unlock stuff. I just want to make characters and watch em fight.

Same. It's how my gaming group decides what we're going to eat. Steam says I have 133 hours of play time on WWE 2k22 and I think the only time I've ever actually played was on the day I got it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k23 is good and wayyyyyy less glitchy than 2k22, better QOL in a lot of other areas. i didnt pay for it but i think its worth $40. (i do not believe any yearly game to be worth full price.)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I haven't encountered any major glitches in 2K22 but I appreciate that it's got Swerve, Keith, Kylo, Joe, etc in that I didn't have download.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The story mode seems to be for women you are the niece of a vet who was big during the 02' era and the man side is you are the next big prospect. I'm doing the legacy one so far. I've only played the tutorial and made my character so far. The dialogue is as stilted as ever but it did feel fun to play and I spent a lot of time on my character. I made her 6'5 and she towers over everyone else in the scene but they all just look at where her eye level would be if she was like 5'7. Honestly so far so good. Tonight I plan to hopefully get super into the moves set up and the entrance set up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it shows a giant turd in the game. They're going to recall all physical copies and update digital copies. Decouple from any always-on storefronts if you want to keep the big poopie on there

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

it shows a giant turd in the game. They're going to recall all physical copies and update digital copies. Decouple from any always-on storefronts if you want to keep the big poopie on there

Yes, we heard Vince is in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

turn your xbox on