Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
For anybody picking up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: LOWER YOUR PC's/SPEAKERS VOLUME WHEN STARTING THE GAME. It has to be one of the loudest loving games I've had the displeasure of launching; once I could get into the menu I had to drop all volume sliders to something stupidly low like 10% for it to stop trying to blow out my speakers (and eardrums).

Fun game, but gently caress that default volume.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

For anybody picking up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: LOWER YOUR PC's/SPEAKERS VOLUME WHEN STARTING THE GAME. It has to be one of the loudest loving games I've had the displeasure of launching; once I could get into the menu I had to drop all volume sliders to something stupidly low like 10% for it to stop trying to blow out my speakers (and eardrums).

How long is the first one? I have it on Epic but just got Outlaw in a bundle

I'm hoping either plays ok on the steam deck

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

30+ hours easy, more if you Do Stuff.

It and the sequel play very differently, the first one, all the space combat takes place on a single plane and it's more like battleship on battleship naval combat, it's unique and pretty cool. The second one is a spiritual sequel to Privateer, there's even a reference to the game in the opening splash screen, and it's just standard space combat. One twist is that it has an auto-follow function that automatically turns your ship to face or follow enemy ships, which is a little on the too-easy side.

I think the first one is way better.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 15, 2023

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I love Privateer but couldn't get into Outlaw at all for whatever reason

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Serephina posted:

It's a more recent addition. The game looks almost nothing like it did at launch, heck it feels different every year almost.

edit: Dead Cells, that is.
edit2: I still have the impression that the designer came up with a snappy platformer, and everything, literally everything, has been ad-hoc since.

It's actually even weirder, the original design for the game was apparently a sidescrolling PvPvE zombie tower defense game. Motion Twin was really big in the french Flash game scene and Dead Cells originally started development of a sequel to one of those

edit: see here https://deepnight.net/games/motion-twin/dead-cells/

goferchan fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 15, 2023

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

goferchan posted:

It's actually even weirder, the original design for the game was apparently a sidescrolling PvPvE zombie tower defense game. Motion Twin was really big in the french Flash game scene and Dead Cells originally started development of a sequel to one of those

edit: see here https://deepnight.net/games/motion-twin/dead-cells/

Fuckin' crazy, man. It's like a skier tumbling downhill collecting random objects along the way, except that it's working and making good money and acclaim. The lucky fucker!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Pigbuster posted:

The painful thing is that there’s actually an altruistic reason for all that nonsense at the core: they wanted to let you play the previous games’ content inside of the newer versions, which is very cool! But they use Steam as the middleman for everything and it’s just a mess.

I don't think that whole mess is Steam's fault. They couldn't even use their stupid loving IOI account that they badgered me into creating to provide cross platform progression. Like everything, literally everything about the platform and online features of that game sucks tons of poo poo.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jack Trades posted:

Metal: Hellsinger is on sale and everyone should be playing it because it owns.

I love this game. It's a light rhythm game in a fps. Damage is amplified if you shoot or attack on the beat. The music is great, early level design is fun. I'm not good at rhythm games or fps and I had a great time in the first level before I got redistracted with Elden Ring.

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 15, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, I miss when Battlefield was good

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FuzzySlippers posted:

I love Privateer but couldn't get into Outlaw at all for whatever reason
Outlaw was Overall a nice game, but the difficulty was based on how aware you are of the odd scaling decisions (If nowhere near as jarring as the first game). Were you hoping for early game spacefighter gameplay, or early game trader ship life? Because that could have been your issue.

Part II was overall more balanced. At the very least, nothing comes to mind about anything bad on the enemy end except "Wow sure are a lot of easily killed no-name pirates wanting to slow me down". Instead of the first game's very nasty net value enemy scaling "Because I bought huge shields ASAP, dreadnaught are spawning in the starter zone. If I sell that to have an even spread of weaker gear, I instead curbstomp hard missions in harder zones."

But at launch (maybe they fixed it later?) Outlaw had some issues with awkward early fighter balance. Compared to your starting garbage truck ship, early fighters would get better speed, more hardpoints... and either zero improvement to max rank power/shields allowed to be equipped, or barely any improvement to your power options.

A lot of people were very insistent anyone thinking early fighters were a letdown as "Just unable to handle oldschool space gameplay and hate tradeoffs. Just use more weak machineguns instead of wanting more lasers!" while claiming the later fighters with good power supplies were overpowered. Meanwhile, anyone wanting a cargo ship would discover that even with terrible speed and handling, you would generally have an easy time in combat by virtue of not having poo poo armor or poo poo power :v:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RBA Starblade posted:

I too miss 2006.

fake edit: Actually Bad Company 2 was pretty good too

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Just got a painful rush of nostalgia for hours spent on Road to Jalalabad (the best bf2 map)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

:colbert:

It was honestly the most fun that I've had with the franchise since hopping off of Titans in BF2142.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

:colbert:

It was honestly the most fun that I've had with the franchise since hopping off of Titans in BF2142.

BF1 is probably my favourite. BF2 had the best actual teamwork because you were forced to spawn on your squad leader specifically, BC2 was just loads of fun and I loved how you could flatten the map, but BF1 was just killer and the only time I'd argue the series had a noteworthy art style.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Not sure if there's a better place to ask this but

- last year I bought a pre-built gaming PC because I found a deal that included a 3070 for less than the price of a 3070 alone at the time. After using it for a year I've realized today that it is a 3070 with 16gb of vram, and from reading Google it looks like the only 3070 with 16gb of vram was a planned 3070 ti 16gb which was cancelled before ever hitting the consumer market.

So I have a stronger than average 3070 that's not available anywhere else and tbh I would love to sell it while the prices are still high. But I cannot find information about other similar cards existing or what they would be priced at.

The crypto mining community refuses to pay above MSRP for cards and they're doubly uninterested in this one because it was one of the first cards with a hash limiter making it useless for mining. (I have tested and verified the hash limiter which surprised them because the regular 3070 ostensibly does not have one)

I'm not looking to rip someone off but I would love to downgrade with a cash bonus. Does anyone know where I can find information about other 16gb 3070s having existed and/or been sold?

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 16, 2023

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Ask in the Hardware forum.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

deep dish peat moss posted:

- last year I bought a pre-built gaming PC because I found a deal that included a 3070 for less than the price of a 3070 alone at the time. After using it for a year I've realized today that it is a 3070 with 16gb of vram, and from reading Google it looks like the only 3070 with 16gb of vram was a planned 3070 ti 16gb which was cancelled before ever hitting the consumer market.

So I have a stronger than average 3070 that's not available anywhere else and tbh I would love to sell it while the prices are still high. But I cannot find information about other similar cards existing or what they would be priced at.

The crypto mining community refuses to pay above MSRP for cards and they're doubly uninterested in this one because it was one of the first cards with a hash limiter making it useless for mining. (I have tested and verified the hash limiter which surprised them because the regular 3070 ostensibly does not have one)

I'm not looking to rip someone off but I would love to downgrade with a cash bonus. Does anyone know where I can find information about other 16gb 3070s having existed and/or been sold?

Ask in the VR thread too. A 3070 with 16GB is like the holy grail perfect card for VRchat in particular.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

RBA Starblade posted:

:same:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Away all Goats posted:

I too miss 2006.

fake edit: Actually Bad Company 2 was pretty good too

Ohhhhh maaaaaaaaaaannnnnn. Where's 3? Where is it!?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I am so pumped for steam sale you clowns don't even know. Been waiting months for a discount and I'm reasonably sure I'm gonna get it :pray:

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yes, the volume levels seem very uneven and audio is poorly done overall. Music will sometimes get too loud to make out anything else and the spoken lines come out oddly uneven. The dialogue issue was especially bad and noticeable in the wingman missions.

Nice little game, though.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Milo and POTUS posted:

I am so pumped for steam sale you clowns don't even know. Been waiting months for a discount and I'm reasonably sure I'm gonna get it :pray:

Same here. I'm looking forward to buying a years worth of games, to add to the years worth of games I bought 3 months ago that I haven't played yet.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought it was today

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

deep dish peat moss posted:

go post about it in the gpu thread, people will want to see pics and specs etc.

if it is truly one of the cards that never got a proper release then you could probably sell it for quite a lot as a rarity, but it's not impossible it's a weird modded card or something, those do exist.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Jamfrost posted:

Ohhhhh maaaaaaaaaaannnnnn. Where's 3? Where is it!?

Battlefield Vietnam 2 pls

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/fforigin/status/1636336761621340162?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SirKibbles posted:

I thought it was today

It is. About 5 hours or so. I'm just saying that's why I'm excited for it

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oh hell yes, been waiting for this one.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
stranger of paradise was so good it kind of made me mad

watching the credits roll and thinking “they should not have gotten away with this”

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it doesn't look like the discount is actually available yet? lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lih posted:

it doesn't look like the discount is actually available yet? lol

$60 is going to be the discounted price from the $70 square is charging for new games! gottem!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

gently caress yeah

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't mind being the weird one here; I played the demo and hated the combat but also hated the story about as much as I would hate someone who kicked my dog.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1494810/Mortal_Sin/

Anyone played Mortal Sin yet?

I assume it's brilliant. Have absolutely zero reason to think anything else.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't mind being the weird one here; I played the demo and hated the combat but also hated the story about as much as I would hate someone who kicked my dog.

I finished the game on PS5 when it launched. The combat is Nioh-lite and the level design is awful/stuck in the PS3/360 era. There's noticeable black crush (way too dark) with all of Team Ninja's games. The game would not have gotten any traction if it wasn't tied to Final Fantasy 1 and Jack's ridiculousness.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bumhead posted:

Same here. I'm looking forward to buying a years worth of games, to add to the years worth of games I bought 3 months ago that I haven't played yet.

As always, I'm excited to look at the hundreds of games on my wish list on deep discount and realize I don't actually want to buy any of this poo poo even for $3

(but also leave them on all on there because maybe SOMEDAY I might be that bored...)

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

They're doing a Steam Deck sale :o

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

10% off all variants, neat

how about a sale on the nearly 4 year old index valve

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
My game is on sale today for the Spring Sale. It's a simultaneous turn-based take on the fighting games genre.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1492750/Mega_Knockdown/

Still in early access, but visuals have been getting a makeover lately, though it'll take some time for that to fully finish as the new stuff is all hand-drawn.

Here's a couple goon keys if that sounds interesting:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

repiv posted:

10% off all variants, neat

how about a sale on the nearly 4 year old index valve

Yeah, it was really surprising to see a sale on SD when they have never done it for Index