Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Cavs played well considering they’re missing Jarrett Allen, and we’re on the second day of a back-to-back where they had to travel between games.

true gues i'll relax a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

with apologies to dexo and rd...

the kings

thank you but i am no longer watching the scrub-rear end bulls attempt to play basketball

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rick posted:

Nah, doctor has advised him not to go due to COVID.

ahh I see :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

humpthewind posted:

I kind of understand holding Davis out of back to backs but even him at 50% would have won this dumb rockets game

I get it with 5 games in 7 days, but I would have probably held him out against the Pelicans instead because to me you load manage players on games that you are probably going to lose or are 50/50 games and you don't load manage on games where you have a strong advantage but the Lakers medical staff clearly don't agree with me since they have shut either Lebron or AD or both down in nearly every single matchup they've had against a team likely to lose 60+ games over the past three years. I guess this makes it easy to understand why they lose these games so often (and also probably makes ABC/ESPN happier than like, the Spurs).

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is this guy famous or just a rich rando

He's a rich rando. Nice dude though.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 16, 2023

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

On the contrary, the gif makes him famous. One hardly needs anything more

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rick posted:

Nah, doctor has advised him not to go due to COVID.

Legit respect to Llllllakers Guy for heeding the words of his learned doctor.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
the last two minutes report for Celtics/Wolves should just be two pictures: 1 of the refs taken pre-game, the other being the betting area after 10 rounds of cow chip bingo

Not biased, just poo poo.

edit: explaination: Celtics get an offensive rebound with a few seconds left. Wolves try desperately to steal and/or foul . Celtics coach comes running out on the floor to call timeout. Despite the celtics player having the ball when this happened, the refs ignore this, and don't call a foul either, deciding it's a jump ball. (edit: They don't T up the Celtics coach for running halfway across the floor in his attempt to call timeout)

Then it goes the other way, Grant Williams basically steals the ball out of the refs hands on the jump ball, and Celtics get possession, and two free throws which basically ice the game (up 4 with 1.1 on the clock), The refs then eject two Timberwolves players for complaining about the jump ball result, Celtics hit one free throw, and the Wolves hit a meaningless buzzer beater to make it a 2 point game at the end.

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 16, 2023

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

loving Mavs just couldn't let the Spurs tank without a fight lol.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
In fairness the Wolves could have hit one of the 17 wide open corner 3s they clanked in the first quarter.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

this is while the ball was still live

not a tech

He was trying to call time out!

e: there are some legit grievances in the 4th quarter from what I could see up in Row R in the balcony but Grant had possession there and should have gotten a time out.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 16, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

e: there are some legit grievances in the 4th quarter from what I could see up in Row R in the balcony but Grant had possession there and should have gotten a time out.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to run across three quarters of the court and also onto the court to the free throw elbow to call timeout, as a coach

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
For reference: Here's the jump ball and the complete ignoring of Jump Ball rules.

https://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1636193284006576128

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bip Roberts posted:

John Elway apparently used to rest quarters on a beer bottle and heat it with a lighter before flicking them at strippers.

That is absolutely horrible, and validates my forever dislike of John Elway.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol even that one Chicago announcer doesn't give a poo poo they lost
https://twitter.com/worldwidewob/status/1636193713746759681

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 16, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirFozzie posted:

For reference: Here's the jump ball and the complete ignoring of Jump Ball rules.

https://twitter.com/WolvesClips/status/1636193284006576128

lol that's a blatant violation

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Codependent Poster posted:

lol that's a blatant violation

I'm very dumb what am I looking for

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

#1 The ghost of David Stern visited Adam Silver and told him that "under no circumstances will the Sacramento Kings be allowed to win the western conference finals and to do whatever it takes to get Ja Morant back on the loving court asap"

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

verbal enema posted:

You can't tip the ball while it's still going up

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Rick posted:

I get it with 5 games in 7 days, but I would have probably held him out against the Pelicans instead because to me you load manage players on games that you are probably going to lose or are 50/50 games and you don't load manage on games where you have a strong advantage but the Lakers medical staff clearly don't agree with me since they have shut either Lebron or AD or both down in nearly every single matchup they've had against a team likely to lose 60+ games over the past three years. I guess this makes it easy to understand why they lose these games so often (and also probably makes ABC/ESPN happier than like, the Spurs).

He's a rich rando. Nice dude though.

They probably valued winning the Pelicans game since they're close in the race to the play in. Very frustrating to watch either way though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chronicles posted:

#1 The ghost of David Stern visited Adam Silver and told him that "under no circumstances will the Sacramento Kings be allowed to win the western conference finals and to do whatever it takes to get Ja Morant back on the loving court asap"

Stern saved the Kings so he actually likes us and Fox is the clean image athlete that Stern created the dress code for

Also this gives me an excuse to post this again

https://youtu.be/RapWrFkDpMU

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 16, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Warriors are cooked without Wiggins. Curry could score 50 a night forever and they'd still never win another road game.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Hey I love the kings

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
The NBA app is so broken it says Westbrook didn’t have a turnover.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1636219382513762305

:sad:

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Who has the best bday parties in the NBA? Not most lavish but best?

I bet it's Giannis

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Costco Meatballs posted:

Who has the best bday parties in the NBA? Not most lavish but best?

I bet it's Giannis

Harden or Booker easily

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Desmond Bane got ejected for dragon punching Kevin Love in the junk last night and my view is that it is funny.

I also think it is funny that the refs explicitly explained that the penalty was for "unnecessary contact with Keven Love's groin".

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
can't post dick punch without posting video

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1636175989163040768

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
implying a degree of necessary contact

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Bullshit ejection, it wasn't a punch

Clearly a knuckle pushup

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Memphis, once stripped of firearms, relied on natural weaponry.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

verbal enema posted:

You have to wait for the ball to reach the apex before jumping. He jumped pretty much right as the ref threw it up which isn't allowed

Also man the Grizz speed ran into being an unlikable team

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

There's something strangely poetic about a man named "Bane" smacking the nuts of a man named "Love".

It's like a summary of my entire life, in basketball related imagery. Art in its highest form.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1636351713220198406

He looks like a real housewife in this photo

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Red Rox posted:

The NBA app is so broken it says Westbrook didn’t have a turnover.

It seemed like he focused 100% on rebounding and it worked great for them

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
this was cool
https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/03/14/0022201029/277/788bdb67-5cd1-d417-2e25-5ef5f6eb6f23_1280x720.mp4

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Curry selfishly chucks as clippers win through the power of friendship

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Gotta concur with this... Refs could have awarded the timeout or called a foul, so a jump ball was actually a good call for the Wolves. Coaches run on the floor trying to get ref attention on TOs sometimes... not a big deal.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Stagger_Lee posted:

Desmond Bane got ejected for dragon punching Kevin Love in the junk last night and my view is that it is funny.

I also think it is funny that the refs explicitly explained that the penalty was for "unnecessary contact with Keven Love's groin".
click bait is getting weird

nikosoft posted:

I worked in LA for a year and the Lakers are everywhere and consume all aspects the area. By the end of my stay, I even sort of grudgingly liked them, it was that prevelant. It's no wonder sports media is all over them, they are brainwashed via the immersion.
I went to LA once in my life and all the city buses on the digital screens would alter between saying like "L5 BEVERLY HILLS" or whatever and "RIP KOBE BRYANT" and there were Kobe shrines all over the city. To be fair I guess Kobe was dead at the time, but it being on the city buses was kind of a surprise to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009