Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The revelation that it was Harry who ramped over the pawnshop, destroyed the billboard, broke the lock and sunk his vehicle in the ice is nothing short of glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Bedshaped posted:

The revelation that it was Harry who ramped over the pawnshop, destroyed the billboard, broke the lock and sunk his vehicle in the ice is nothing short of glorious

It's one of the best brick jokes I've ever seen because the setup is so detailed it serves as a distraction. Visual calculus giving you so much information on the car, the velocity, the tires, that you just assume that if you had any pertinent information on who drove it your amazing skills would've notified you.

Oops.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Bedshaped posted:

God, it really is. I did the bit where you sit with Kim and wait out the thaw, and after you recognize the car I had to stop playing and just sit back in my chair. I couldn't believe I didn't put it together, it made so much sense.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I still can't believe Jacob Irw stole your car and crashed it into the sea.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Yeah I'm quoting a youtube comment what of it posted:

Kim Kitsuragi has never put much stock in the supranatural. He has about as much faith in higher powers as he does in the likelihood of a Kind Green Ape showing up with a winning lottery number in its outstretched green paw. But as the killer, Hoenklowen, lines detective Du Bois (Harry!) up in his sights and pulls the trigger, Lieutenant Kitsuragi finds himself out of options.

He scores a solid 70% on his marksmanship exams by due diligence, by marking the targets out in his mind and striking them by rote repetition. Muscle memory, more than any conscious understanding of where they are in space. But the killer is no stationary target. He is alarmingly mobile, lively and bobbing unsteady on a tide of blood-alcohol. Kim cannot plan, he cannot ask Harry for help as he spins away, his pilfered mercenary armor sparkling and tinkling in the rifle’s aftershocks. He cannot practice his kill-shot after hours by bribing the range officer with a box of cigarettes. He gets one chance. One. And the trigonometry connecting his and Harry’s survival and Hoenklowen’s death passes through a numinous gunpowder cloud that his eyes cannot pierce. It is, infuriatingly, outside of his control.

So, at lack for better options and against his better judgment, ltn. Kim Kitsuragi raises his gun and starts to pray. To whoever might be listening…

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Malpais Legate posted:

God, it really is. I did the bit where you sit with Kim and wait out the thaw, and after you recognize the car I had to stop playing and just sit back in my chair. I couldn't believe I didn't put it together, it made so much sense.

i realized the twist at the exact moment Harry did and I'm pretty sure that irl I muttered "oh noooooo"

funniest drat moment in the game

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

This Disco Elysium game seems to be pretty alright, I guess

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

dead gay comedy forums posted:

This Disco Elysium game seems to be pretty alright, I guess

have heard this before, can anyone confirm

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nice post but I guess I know the ending of the game now

I'll come back to this thread when I've finished :sigh:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can confirm that it accomplished many things AAA budget games fail at every time.
Also that you'll be saddened it will likely be many years before we ever see a sequel if at all, for awful copyright battles.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bedshaped posted:

If it's any consolation, you do not.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

hahahhahahahhaahahhhahahahahha

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

NmareBfly posted:

If it's any consolation, you do not.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Okay I peaked back in here and now I'm excited to get home and keep playing :w00t:

I'm also looking forward to helping build more than the only 0.0001% of communism that has already been built.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
300MB update on steam today, can't find any details. Is it just a bunch of bug or crash fixes?

E: The answer is new achievements :stare:

I have no clue what any of these are nor how many are accessible/required via high physique cop

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 16, 2023

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsrRLlrBl0

https://steamcommunity.com/games/632470/announcements/detail/3653020827598145128

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
edit: oops

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WRITE DIALOGUE

Create a whole story with a single image by entering custom text that can be placed anywhere and even make it look authentic by using the FELD dialogue reel.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

revacholian_instrument_of_surrender.mp3

two words: fanfic mode

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm surprised Evrart has a functional model capable of standing, I figured he was a tribute to the gangster Gizmo from Fallout who's model is permanently attached to his desk.

E: Tested my GOG edition and we got the update too.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 16, 2023

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

revacholian_instrument_of_surrender.mp3

two words: fanfic mode

yeah this is just bizarre really. leaning into fan service stuff rather than anything else

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's probably the studio, abandoned by the creators heating up some leftovers in order to drive up some hype.

Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it for what it is.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The empty shell of ZA/UM, staffed with whatever people the Money Guys could get, cannot create something new. So this is what's left.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

watch false za/um add romance plots because sales and entirely miss the point the authors went for

this but outsourced to fans

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

By popular demand posted:

I'm surprised Evrart has a functional model capable of standing, I figured he was a tribute to the gangster Gizmo from Fallout who's model is permanently attached to his desk.

E: Tested my GOG edition and we got the update too.

You can see a legless Evrart in the trailer - I assume somebody placed another model under him to give him legs.

Finally, we can literally play with them like dolls! It's everything DE fans have ever wanted!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Youremother posted:

Finally, we can literally play with them like dolls! It's everything DE fans have ever wanted!

If anyone wants me I'll be smooshing Harry and Kim together and making kissy sounds

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I just finished my second playthrough.

With all the stuff going on with the OG creators and the current ZA/UM, it fills me with a deep resounding sadness that I may never experience anything like this game again.

:smith:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Considering the fanart made in the last two years we're going to see Harry and Kim have sex with every single male character and then force the government at gunpoint to permit gay marriage,
which is all good and fine but not entirely true to the writing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So long, gay Evrart

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

They made a meme mode for DE, they really have no idea what to do with it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That still puts them above and beyond any AAA game publisher.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Boogie street rhythm game, motor carriage cart racer, precinct 41 dating sim, the future is looking DISCO

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kurvitz and rostov disagree that it's over

"the article got updated posted:

Update, Thursday, March 16: Robert Kurvitz and Sander Taal have issued a response to ZA/UM legal dispute and have described the matter as "deeply misleading" as a directly concerned party.

In a statement sent to GamesIndustry.biz, Kurvitz and Taal (the latter being an alias for Aleksander Rostov, according to ZA/UM) said the press release is false in multiple areas. The pair maintain they are the remaining minority shareholders of the studio.

The developers explained, "The press release implies that our employment claims against the studio were withdrawn for lack of evidence. They were not. We see our dismissal as part of a larger campaign against us and will pursue legal options accordingly."

The statement adds that they disagreed with Kender admitting the lawsuit he withdrew in December 2022 was misguided.

"Kender's lawsuit was based on the misuse of ZA/UM's funds (€4.8 million) by the majority shareholders [Ilmar Kompus and Tõnis Haavel] to increase their own stake in the company. In the press release, Kompus and Haavel admit to this misuse, arguing only that the money has been 'paid back to ZA/UM,' " the duo explained.

"Paying back stolen money, however, does not undo the crime; here, it does not undo the majority that Kompus and Haavel have illegally gained in ZA/UM."

Additionally, they described that, unlike Kender, they will not be silenced in this ongoing legal dispute.

"Unlike Kender, we have not participated in the looting of ZA/UM, and Kompus and Haavel have no power over us."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Keep up the fight, boys.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

It's great to hear they're still fighting but I'm puzzled that they haven't done any crowdfunding for their legal battle. There must be plenty of fans who would happily throw money at them to help them regain control of their IP and surely they could use it against these money guys?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
There's a third, lucky money guy.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I feel like everyone in this story is a bad guy. Am I wrong? What I read was like, awful and abusive creators v. awful and thieving CEO.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Still can't get over that ZA/UM effectively owns their homegrown dnd world that Disco Elysium lives in, and that they're having to fight bullshit legal battles to keep showing us that world.

antidote posted:

I feel like everyone in this story is a bad guy. Am I wrong? What I read was like, awful and abusive creators v. awful and thieving CEO.

I haven't read anything about abusive creators, but could see that being the case. Unless there's something truly awful there, I currently lean towards the creators side, as it's clearly their creation.

If you haven't read the artbook, highly recommend it. Their allusions to the wider world make it insufferable knowing they're barred from the IP.

Unrelated link
https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/rza6oo/do_any_of_you_have_link_for_190page_artbook/

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't remember what article it was in, but there was some allusion that Kurvitz might have been a lovely boss. Not in like a sexual harassment way, but an alcoholic way. But I don't know how reputable the source it came from was (I think the financial crimes guy?)

I think they should still have the IP regardless, but I can understand if he was just miserable to work with or for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

It just dawned on me that the reason why the book didn’t get translated yet might be because of the legal snafu. Daaamn

(also I recall something on the RPS interviews that Kurvitz went full sober in order to properly commit to working on DE)