Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

freakin everything on my wishlist is on sale lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hitman World of Assassination is on sale and as someone who only played the individual games on PS4 but now wants it on PC, it's still very confusing to me. It includes "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Edition" and "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2."

This means I get those 2 full games in addition to the Hitman 3, right? Or does it just mean I can carry over saved data from those two games if I already owned them?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRxcSNaVCPA

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

WerthersWay posted:

Hitman World of Assassination is on sale and as someone who only played the individual games on PS4 but now wants it on PC, it's still very confusing to me. It includes "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Edition" and "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2."

This means I get those 2 full games in addition to the Hitman 3, right? Or does it just mean I can carry over saved data from those two games if I already owned them?
You don't get full executable versions of the games, but you do get access to nearly all of the content from those games inside of Hitman 3. As far as I know the main differences are that not all the escalation missions were ported over and at least one tool from the previous games is not in Hitman 3 (electric shock phone). Note that you also need to buy an additional DLC to get access to the two extra maps for Hitman 2.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WerthersWay posted:

Buying Hitman: World of Assassination gets you all the levels from Hitman 1 GOTY, and all the non-DLC levels from Hitman 2 and 3. World of Assassination Deluxe gets you the DLC from Hitman 2 and 3.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
What's the solution for me to be able to wirelessly play games on my PC (upstairs) using my TV (downstairs) and an xbox controller?

I think Steam Link (the hardware) maybe used to do this but doesn't exist anymore?

The TV is an LG TV, it looks like sadly for some reason the Steam Link app doesn't support any TVs except Samsung.

Any ideas would be great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

El Grillo posted:

What's the solution for me to be able to wirelessly play games on my PC (upstairs) using my TV (downstairs) and an xbox controller?

I think Steam Link (the hardware) maybe used to do this but doesn't exist anymore?

The TV is an LG TV, it looks like sadly for some reason the Steam Link app doesn't support any TVs except Samsung.

Any ideas would be great.

Moonlight uses the Nvidia streaming tech and usually works very well, I believe they have a dedicated webOS app you can install on your TV although I've never looked into it much myself since my TV is in the same room as my PC so I just bought a bigass HDMI cable. You'd also probably need one of the newer Xbox controllers to sync it via bluetooth with your TV. Not really sure how bad the latency would be with this, but I've used moonlight to stream from my PC to my phone and it generally worked -good enough- to play some things.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How is house flipper and castle flipper?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is house flipper and castle flipper?

house flipper's a great game pass game, but I wouldn't want to buy it

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
House Flipper is really fun for awhile, but it has some very tedious bits that never go away (painting etc). So yeah, perfect gamepass game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

My game is on sale today for the Spring Sale. It's a simultaneous turn-based take on the fighting games genre.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1492750/Mega_Knockdown/

Still in early access, but visuals have been getting a makeover lately, though it'll take some time for that to fully finish as the new stuff is all hand-drawn.

I liked the game when I bought it a while ago. It's simple but it does a good job at translating a traditional fighting game into an easy to understand turn-based format.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
So WH40k Gladius itself is $4, but the "complete" version is $74 - is any of the DLC worth it? Is there enough in the base game to make it fun?

I'm not going to spend $74 on a game when I have so much else to play, but also don't want to spend $4 on an anemic experience.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I really like Gladius. The base game has 4 factions and they're all really different. It's like a 4X without all the poo poo I find annoying in 4X games. Also it's free on Epic this week if you'd rather do that.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cool steam ignored my wallet and hit my card

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The ol reverse judy jetson

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Good ref, but it's Jane (his wife) that takes his wallet.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Dark Souls is never going on sale again, huh

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Fuckin' loved everything about House Flipper. Absolutely my favorite zen and chill out game when it first came out, but I never got around to buying any of the DLC. I heard the DLC was good, I'd just moved on to other stuff by that point.

It kinda amazed me that Power Wash Simulator became as popular as it did because it always paled in comparison to House Flipper imo

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

e: fb

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

WarEternal posted:

I really like Gladius. The base game has 4 factions and they're all really different. It's like a 4X without all the poo poo I find annoying in 4X games. Also it's free on Epic this week if you'd rather do that.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Not an Epic fan but also not going to grumble too much about free games.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Propaganda Hour posted:

Fuckin' loved everything about House Flipper. Absolutely my favorite zen and chill out game when it first came out, but I never got around to buying any of the DLC. I heard the DLC was good, I'd just moved on to other stuff by that point.

It kinda amazed me that Power Wash Simulator became as popular as it did because it always paled in comparison to House Flipper imo

I had exactly the opposite experience.

House Flipper felt like a game I would have fun in starting any minute, and it felt that way for the entire 10ish hours I played.

Powerwash Simulator hooked me from the first ding and never let me go. Plus, now it's got the loving weirdest crossover updates. I never in a million years would have thought I would be powerwashing stuff for Shinra in an official FF7 crossover. It felt to me like House Flipper walked so Powerwash Sim could run.

Different strokes and all that, maybe try both and refund one? I would also recommend Demolish and Build 2018 if a) You want House Flipper but with construction equipment in an open world and/or b) You want House flipper with about thirty times the jank.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Or just buy Landlord's Super, the best 80's Britain construction sim around.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good sale and snagged two games, one of which I'm pretty sure I'll like and the other demo I thought was great but I'm honestly more interested in the ultrakill update lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh no.. oh nooooo

Lingo added a new map with 800+ puzzles. guess that's my next week

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
What is this horse poo poo? I should get around to removing this game from my wishlist anyway

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Dark Souls is never going on sale again, huh

Looks like Steam hasn't had it on sale since the winter sale of 2021!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Propaganda Hour posted:

What is this horse poo poo? I should get around to removing this game from my wishlist anyway

It's a generic as hell game anyway. Very good with visual and audio design, but the combat is serviceable at best, and I don't remember anything from the story really

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Nancy posted:

So WH40k Gladius itself is $4, but the "complete" version is $74 - is any of the DLC worth it? Is there enough in the base game to make it fun?

I'm not going to spend $74 on a game when I have so much else to play, but also don't want to spend $4 on an anemic experience.

The DLC mostly adds new armies to play as, so it's fine if you want to get it for $4 and then upgrade if you end up really digging it. Its a 4x game that's all about combat, but each race has a storyline quest that runs parallel to classic annihilation gameplay. There also isn't population limits so it's okay to absolutely flood the map with towns and units, although you do get diminishing returns due to loyalty mechanics.

I like it quite a bit and I've beaten the campaign for each of the races but I've never touched multi-player.

The only drawback with having no dlc is that there are some dlcs that add units to existing armies to fill in functional gaps in their roster; for example, I don't think that the Orks have two-tile ranged infantry unless you get the DLC. But for Space Marines, which is the recommended starting point, it should be fine.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Propaganda Hour posted:

Another game that seems to be even more on sale on EGS where it's listed at $30. Still wouldn't recommend it at that price unless you really liked Dead Space and want to play an inferior version of it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Nancy posted:

Gladius is a typical 40k "waste of good idea". The devs are literally taking their engine to re-release the same game w/o 40k IP, and I have respect for that.

As for Gladius itself, it does exactly what it says on the tin. The 4 base factions are plenty to get a feel for the game, but honestly you'll be done with the game after your second playthrough, nevermind fourth. Base factions are missing 1-2 units due to the DLC model (which the AI will happily shoot you with), but otherwise it's all there. The trouble is with the game itself; there's not much strategy once you figure out how things work, most of the tension is from the the barbarians swamping the map rather than the other factions, and said opposing factions only put up so much of a fight as you grind them down then overrun them. The tech tree is aimed at specializing in one set of units over another (ie, do you want more/better space marines, or SM vehicles doing all the heavy lifting?), but as I said before thing's aren't compelling enough imo to replay it in order to sample variations, so you won't even play with all the toys each faction has. The moment-to-moment gameplay's actually fine, with positioning and reading over arcane gun mechanics to figure out who should be shooting at who, which can be fun.

Honestly, buy it for five bucks and see what it's about, ignore the lovely DLC. You'll get to run necrons into wazziks and that's probably what you're looking for, fun-wise.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 16, 2023

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I dusted off Budokai Tenkaichi 3 recently, and it reminded me that while I'm not a fighting game guy, I love running around with dumb dragonball characters hurling lasers at each other. Are either Xenoverse 2 or Kakarot remotely like the PS2 arena brawlers, or should I just wait for BT4?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Omi no Kami posted:

I dusted off Budokai Tenkaichi 3 recently, and it reminded me that while I'm not a fighting game guy, I love running around with dumb dragonball characters hurling lasers at each other. Are either Xenoverse 2 or Kakarot remotely like the PS2 arena brawlers, or should I just wait for BT4?

do you like fighting enemies with hyper inflated HP values and nearly endless hyper armor because thats what xenoverse 2 and kakarot are like

wait for bt4

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Omi no Kami posted:

Check out FighterZ, I'm not a fighting game kinda person either and I dug it a lot. It helps that it has the option for simplified combos too.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sterf posted:

Or just buy Landlord's Super, the best 80's Britain construction sim around.

Or constructor

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

looks like a really lovely way to get this near the top of people's wishlists when they sort by discount percentage (like I usually do) while only really offering $4 off.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ShadowMar posted:

do you like fighting enemies with hyper inflated HP values and nearly endless hyper armor because thats what xenoverse 2 and kakarot are like

wait for bt4
Xenoverse 1 has the terrible hyper armor and lovely level system grindathon, while Xenoverse 2 is much better in every way and still gets updates instead of a sequel.

Omi no Kami posted:

Xenoverse 2 is more open ended than the more pure fighting games like FighterZ/BT, but not as open and simplified as Kakarot. You have a massive hub world with multiple ecosystems and have tons of campaigns/side missions depending on which create-a-character you are using. You can mix and match pretty much everyone's attacks, clothes, and pose/transformations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hell yeah a lot of tiny games are on sale and I'm gonna buy a million of them. Helionauts, Tinyfolks, Crystal Cave HD, Simmiland, Binky's Trash Service, WikiArena. And it looks like World of Final Fantasy's launch issue is an easy fix so I might get that too. Looks cute AF. whee.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Assuming I'm not getting any of the dlc, is there a reason to not buy Total War: Warhammer 2 instead of 3, which is twice the price? Does 3 have more content and better QoL or something? Is there a dlc that is typically regarded as essential by players?

Never played a TW, so I'm not sure how their releases really work.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Brick Shipment posted:

Assuming I'm not getting any of the dlc, is there a reason to not buy Total War: Warhammer 2 instead of 3, which is twice the price? Does 3 have more content and better QoL or something? Is there a dlc that is typically regarded as essential by players?

Nah 2 is really good. Only buy DLC if you want to play as the people included - they all get to appear as NPC factions whether you own the DLC or not. I'd grab the 2 base game and see what you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Brick Shipment posted:

TW:W has been a rolling-release type of game, where it's the same product being polished over years. Being the modern games market, they just stopped polishing a game and released the next iteration as #2, ditto for #3. So at this point, #1 is rather outdated, or rather, suffering from 'first-pass' woes and lacking fleshed out mechanics and factions. #2 is in a good place, and #3 is very shiny and pretty but is expensive. Owning the older games lets you use the previous 'main character' races in the newer games. (also note the increasing system reqs per iteration)

Most of it is QoL stuff, but if you're looking for a cheap buy-in to the awful sales model, get #2 cheap now, see if you love it, and once you've played all the factions you like consider buying #3 when it next goes on sale. There's plenty of content in there to last you until the next Steam sale, trust me.