Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SethWEmerson/status/1636377766957547520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The system works

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The system works

Eh.

Unless it comes out that he crashed them out, which since it seems like there was video, didn't happen?

Two people were doing stupid poo poo, One person had others in the car hosed up and killed themselves and others, while the other person doing stupid poo poo in another car lived.

Two people go hiking and trespassing on a dangerous shut down trail, one person fucks up and falls and dies, the other person doesn't, you don't like charge the one who survived with manslaughter or murder. Just with breaking whatever law they were breaking. Unless you think racing should carry a jail time in which case lol.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Don’t do this tff

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Dexo posted:

Eh.

Unless it comes out that he crashed them out, which since it seems like there was video, didn't happen?

Two people were doing stupid poo poo, One person had others in the car hosed up and killed themselves and others, while the other person doing stupid poo poo in another car lived.

Two people go hiking and trespassing on a dangerous shut down trail, one person fucks up and falls and dies, the other person doesn't, you don't like charge the one who survived with manslaughter or murder. Just with breaking whatever law they were breaking. Unless you think racing should carry a jail time in which case lol.

Other than it seems like he was assuredly drunk and therefore does deserve jail time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

Other than it seems like he was assuredly drunk and therefore does deserve jail time.

perhaps, but like I also don't believe in putting people in Jail for drunk driving.

There is very very little I can stomach jail being the right penalty for. But shrug. I'm a prison abolitionist. So take that as where I'm coming from.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Dexo posted:

perhaps, but like I also don't believe in putting people in Jail for drunk driving.

There is very very little I can stomach jail being the right penalty for. But shrug. I'm a prison abolitionist. So take that as where I'm coming from.

Fair enough.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Jalen Carter makes a "No contest" announcement and the Nathan's Hot Dog execs are very disappointed

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scipiotik posted:

Drunk driving should be legal

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mandatory, even

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CJ stroud is the best prospect in this class and he will have many pro bowl accolades and regular season wins and maybe even a Lombardi

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If he’s drunk he should be in jail person beliefs not being terribly important here

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah all bars should be temporary prisons can't leave til you blow <.05

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I specifically said I don’t care about your personal beliefs, they aren’t terribly interesting

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

If he’s drunk he should be in jail person beliefs not being terribly important here

Even legally you don't go to jail for Drunk driving unless you like hit someone or something. (for first offense), second offense you do get like 5 years tho

In illinois anyway, it's still a misdemeanor, I think you maybe can get like a 5 day sentence. I dunno Georgia's law, but it's probably not a mandatory minimum jail time situation

Anyone who can afford a lawyer, never sees a minute of jail time for the first offense past whatever time they spend in the drunk tank or whatever.

Generally you just get your license suspended/put on probation for first offense. Multiple offenses is where you tend to get the book thrown at you.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
lol no personal beliefs allowed in the draft chat thread, only the angry bears fan who is speaking with a purely objective voice

Outside the driving issue is it a bigger problem that Carter has kind of looked like poo poo in his workouts and seemingly gained a bunch of weight?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He’s always been overrated. Carter is a scrub and anybody who wanted him over Anderson should be out on posting probation (but not jail time).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Outside the driving issue is it a bigger problem that Carter has kind of looked like poo poo in his workouts and seemingly gained a bunch of weight?

Aside from what we're talking about I've considered that this episode might have really messed him up for at least the moment. Like, he might be going through some emotional stuff right now and isn't in the right place to be looking good as a prospect.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Looking gassed doing a 3 cone is a red flag to me.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mastershakeman posted:

Drunk driving should be legal

Getting to work on time, etc etc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Warming up to Bijan to the Chargers at 21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

He's stupid good but he happens to be a RB so...yeah. The only knock on him is his position.

If he's still there at 21 that's well worth it imo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

lol no personal beliefs allowed in the draft chat thread, only the angry bears fan who is speaking with a purely objective voice
weight?

It’s more that there are nuances involved that most of TFF don’t care to learn and it becomes really frustrating to read. And there’s no room for specific nuance here - people will jump all over you. It’s like reading mcmagics opinions on contract law

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s more that there are nuances involved that most of TFF don’t care to learn and it becomes really frustrating to read. And there’s no room for specific nuance here - people will jump all over you. It’s like reading mcmagics opinions on contract law

Aaron Rodgers: no nuance required, he is literally evil.

Drunk driving and killing a girl: nuance please.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

three posted:

well what was she wearing?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

Are there no good receivers or TEs there?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Fair altho the main difference there is mcmagic’s opinions seem crafted in a lab to provide maximum entertainment to non AFCE/Jets fans

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Fair altho the main difference there is mcmagic’s opinions seem crafted in a lab to provide maximum entertainment to non AFCE/Jets fans

Lmao touche.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

lol @ me catching strays in this thread I hardly ever post in.

all the AFCE posters love me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

If Hyatt is there I want him.

I'm up in the air between Bijan and Kincaid at 21 if both are available. We really really struggled on the ground last year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I personally believe 30 teams should pass on Jalen Carter

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

three posted:

the nuance is whether he ends up on the packers or not

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

three posted:

oh no, people were mean to Rogers :cry:

time to insert it into an unrelated discussion

anyway

This Carter situation is bad news for Seattle all around. I thought he was the most obvious choice at 5 but now I have no idea what they'll do. Tyree doesn't seem like a good scheme fit, Levis doesn't exactly wow, and the Hawks would never draft a CB that high so it's not Gonzalez. And no I don't think they're going RB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

oh no, people were mean to Rogers :cry:

time to insert it into an unrelated discussion

anyway

This Carter situation is bad news for Seattle all around. I thought he was the most obvious choice at 5 but now I have no idea what they'll do. Tyree doesn't seem like a good scheme fit, Levis doesn't exactly wow, and the Hawks would never draft a CB that high so it's not Gonzalez. And no I don't think they're going RB.

Draft the best edge available or trade down and grab Mayer or one of the WRs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

all the AFCE posters love me.

Listen you mother fucker you know above all you’re one of ours in the AFCE thread so I’ve gotta beat ya up openly but if anyone attacks you I’m first to defend. Just don’t call us out on it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Draft the best edge available or trade down and grab Mayer or one of the WRs.

Shirts is right - there aren’t any odd-front edges which warrant the fifth overall.

I think yeah trading down is the most likely situation. Although I’d be happy if they decided to draft CB Gonzales. Pete’s solid at developing secondary players. Tariq and Anthony would a dreamy outside corner duo and then Bryant is in the slot!

I guess the fact that Pete is good at developing secondary people means it’s more optimal to draft high upside DBs in the later rounds rather than investing first round picks. Idk.

Give me Anderson or Richardson I guess. Even if that means we gotta do a (reasonable) trade up to 3!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

boss was out of the office today at rotoworld

quote:

Patriots re-signed LS Joe Cardona to a four-year contract.

The Navy man — who was actually drafted by the Patriots in 2015 — has been snapping the ball farther than regular snaps in New England for his entire career. Coach Bill Belichick has been enamored with Cardona's leadership since the second he arrived in Boston. Cardona is just the man if you need a snap to go a greater distance than is typical.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

FizFashizzle posted:

boss was out of the office today at rotoworld

Sounds like Belichick wrote it

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

ikr lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Everybody post your first round hot takes - preferably about a player you think will disappoint!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Every receiver that isn't JSN will be bad