Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

grittyreboot posted:

All of the face 2 face eps. Skip right to audience questions.

You absolute monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Ok Comboomer posted:

the complete Friendly Fire, listen to all 157 eps from the beginning with the foreknowledge of how the show ends

The funniest thing about the Bean Dad saga in hindsight is the knowledge that the January 6th riot happened like 2 days later, and if he had just stopped posting and avoided melting down for like 36 hours it would have been completely forgotten and blown over and Friendly Fire would still exist and MBMBAM wouldn't have had to get a new theme song.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I mean even just the decision to post that weird anecdote/story about his daughter needing to figure out how to open a bean can or whatever was a real weird one. I think the "I'm going to post this and people will give me internet high fives" mindset is fundamentally incompatible with your probably correct "if he'd just stop posting, everything would have been fine theory". Someone capable of the former is probably not gonna do the latter.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flavor.flv posted:

Thanks for posting this. Now that I know they hate Lwaxana Troi I can feel safe in the assumption that nothing they say or think is any good at all and I will never have to listen to thier terrible podcast

Was genuinely hard to take them seriously after that. Completely baffling. They also suggest in one segment of this they don't like Q episodes, and maybe I'm in the minority here but that's also strange to me.

Entropic posted:

The funniest thing about the Bean Dad saga in hindsight is the knowledge that the January 6th riot happened like 2 days later, and if he had just stopped posting and avoided melting down for like 36 hours it would have been completely forgotten and blown over and Friendly Fire would still exist and MBMBAM wouldn't have had to get a new theme song.

I'll sacrifice John Roderick any day in favor of Montaigne.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

I mean even just the decision to post that weird anecdote/story about his daughter needing to figure out how to open a bean can or whatever was a real weird one. I think the "I'm going to post this and people will give me internet high fives" mindset is fundamentally incompatible with your probably correct "if he'd just stop posting, everything would have been fine theory". Someone capable of the former is probably not gonna do the latter.

I've sorta just always assumed it was a joke post, but then rather than just being like "dang you're right that was a dumb post" instead he decided to go full meltdown and made it way worse

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SpacePig posted:

I'll sacrifice John Roderick any day in favor of Montaigne.

I just know I can't wait for the day Travis finally gets cancelled over something stupid so I can quote-tweet the announcement with "It's better, it's better with two"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Entropic posted:

I just know I can't wait for the day Travis finally gets cancelled over something stupid so I can quote-tweet the announcement with "It's better, it's better with two"

if one of them gets cancelled for real real, i sincerely doubt they'll keep doing mbmbam and i wouldn't be surprised if they just stop everything and get real jobs

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I feel like Justin and Griffin would feel an immense sense of relief if they never had to podcast or do a live show ever again

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

why are fantasies of travis getting cancelled something that continues coming up in these threads

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ivypls posted:

why are fantasies of travis getting cancelled something that continues coming up in these threads

He’s definitely the one to keep an eye on just because he’s the most online and worst at being online of the three.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's loving creepy, stop it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

It is genuinely very weird to WANT someone to get cancelled when they haven't actually done anything wrong and you just dislike them.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't think anybody is genuinely, in their heart of hearts desiring that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

General Dog posted:

Have you read the thread?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It's cute that you people think it's going to be Travis.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

General Dog posted:

Hard disagree. "I told you so, I never liked him to begin with, I've been saying this from day 1" is a powerful drug that some people are clearing jonesing for

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Colonel Whitey posted:

I feel like Justin and Griffin would feel an immense sense of relief if they never had to podcast or do a live show ever again

I dunno man, I thought that at one time but Justin's little bit at the start of the first post COVID lockdown live show about "imagine getting used to feeling THIS and then having it cut off for two years" says otherwise. I think even Griffin is over his flop sweats these days, dudes love the buzz of performing to people who love them.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Bean Dad still makes funny podcasts and his entire audience understood the jokey parenting story that was misinterpreted when it spread outside of that audience. It would be like people cancelling the McElroys for supporting violence against horses or something.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Well he got "cancelled" as in, they took his podcast off Max Fun because him freaking out about the reaction to his dumb bean dad "joke" resulted in people doing internet detective work (dumb but whatever) finding his old posts of jokes with horrific racial slurs if I recall correctly?

That's what got them to take his podcast off the network.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Weren't those posts from like 2010? That was such a radically different internet landscape for what was acceptable, what was funny, etc; as I'm sure the McElroys would attest.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Zero One posted:

The end of today's TAZ. Oh my god.

I was most of the way through the ending theme before I sorted out what was going on. It’s interesting but I’d almost wish he didn’t do it.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

General Dog posted:

Weren't those posts from like 2010? That was such a radically different internet landscape for what was acceptable, what was funny, etc; as I'm sure the McElroys would attest.

Am inclined to agree depending on the context etc of said jokes but whether you think he deserves a James Gunn esq forgiveness for old tweets or not I dont really see the McElroy general audience being the type to go with that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

flavor.flv posted:

Thanks for posting this. Now that I know they hate Lwaxana Troi I can feel safe in the assumption that nothing they say or think is any good at all and I will never have to listen to thier terrible podcast

They like Lwaxana

Everybody likes Lwaxana

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Entropic posted:

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I've sorta just always assumed it was a joke post, but then rather than just being like "dang you're right that was a dumb post" instead he decided to go full meltdown and made it way worse

remember that John Roderick self-published a book of his own tweets titled Internet Aphorisms without a shred of irony

the McElroys spent the 2010s promoting an album on their podcast that’s from 2006 and which sounds like a collection of Ted Leo’s rejected tracks

he’s the most haplessly Gen-X man in the world, simultaneously ironic and incapable of perceiving irony on the internet

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

General Dog posted:

People in this very thread were accusing them of fostering an unhealthy parasocial relationship when they debuted the Montaigne song.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

External Organs posted:

Hope Nick grew up a little.

DoctorWhat posted:

He hasn't grown up at all, from personal experience
In absence of any other information whatsoever I'm going to assume this means you're Porter Robinson

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
rugrats theme song was easily the best

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Warbird posted:

I was most of the way through the ending theme before I sorted out what was going on. It’s interesting but I’d almost wish he didn’t do it.

It does give me a bit of concern that we're nearing the endgame of Steeplechase, and I don't like that one bit.
I want another year of silly heists with these lads in this world.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Raserys posted:

rugrats theme song was easily the best

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sockser posted:

It does give me a bit of concern that we're nearing the endgame of Steeplechase, and I don't like that one bit.
I want another year of silly heists with these lads in this world.

All the post-Balance main campaigns have made it into the high 30-40s episodes.

SC still has a ways to go to hit that. They said on their Monday stream that a TTAZZ is coming soon so maybe they'll touch on the endgame plan.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sivart13 posted:

In absence of any other information whatsoever I'm going to assume this means you're Porter Robinson

I attend fighting game tournaments in New York City. Shortly before lockdown, Nick Robinson made an appearance at my local tournament in order to cheer on a friend (a member of Anamanaguchi). I informed the tournament organizers about his history of predatory behavior and he was removed, and he was very angry and talking about how it was all bullshit.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The order is

Take a Chance On Me
Girl Talk
Rugrats

Montaigne
Long Winters

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

I attend fighting game tournaments in New York City. Shortly before lockdown, Nick Robinson made an appearance at my local tournament in order to cheer on a friend (a member of Anamanaguchi). I informed the tournament organizers about his history of predatory behavior and he was removed, and he was very angry and talking about how it was all bullshit.

Wow that’s crazy, can’t believe someone would get angry in that situation.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I don't know what you're trying to imply. House of 3000, the tournament organizers in question, have been working very hard to clean up the local community and keep out predatory behavior because kids play these games.

If Nick had grown up, he would have recognized how his past behavior made him unwelcome, and recused himself instead of claiming that all the allegations were made up, which is what he did.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

General Dog posted:

???

also people need to stop being such freaks about the mcelroys in general. if you think a positive parasocial relation is bad, why wouldn't you think a negative equally obsessive one is good?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

General Dog posted:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

General Dog posted:

I wish that were the case but I promise you there really are people out there who will wish actual ruin and suffering on a person for making a bad podcast.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Richard Stink is getting his own fragrance, next month in the merch store

Justin sprayed himself in the face with it. Also uh......he tried to do a firing test with a tazer he bought and destroyed his phone with a misfire. Hell of a live show.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Q episodes are frequently exhausting. Especially the voyager ones which are absolutely garbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Q episodes are frequently exhausting. Especially the voyager ones which are absolutely garbo

The best Q episode is the one where Ben Sisko punches him and he immediately gets the message.