Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Look, if you want your drugs that you need to live to be available, then they need to be so expensive that you can't afford them. That's just how the world works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Also when was Charlotte's family nazis, is that a Peanuts lore I missed?

oh poo poo i meant to call it a bad thing but somehow the thing i drew came out obviously good, better add a label so everyone knows medicine is bad

Okay, uh, regulations stifle innovation, that's a thing people say. poo poo, let's just say it gets in the way of availability, too, no one's actually going to bother reading anything past "thing bad," least of all me.
The argument that actually kinda makes sense for pharmaceutical price-gouging is they need to have a short monopoly on drugs they invent to recoup the R&D expenses of making them.

So of course he draws a vial of something that most people looking at will immediately identify as insulin.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The role of cable news is to take the boring truth and put it into a form that's entertaining to the audience while still remaining the truth. AGC.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

...What?

To the extent this says literally anything except 'A Thing Happened', I have a hard time reading this as anything but Russian propaganda.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

...What?

To the extent this says literally anything except 'A Thing Happened', I have a hard time reading this as anything but Russian propaganda.

The Russian pilot attempted to down the drone by dumping fuel on it (but ended up clipping it). The effeminate woke US military is mad at the Russians for dumping fuel in the ocean not for attacking their equipment.

It is Bok, who is a far right dumbass. Given the current trajectory of the MAGA crowd, he'll likely start making strong manly Putin propaganda in an other month or two.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 16, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Putin shirtless, glistening, standing astride the ocean like Colossus, great brimming barrels of petrol pouring from his muscled arms into the churning waters below. Sinking in the inky morass, pleading for the strongman's mercy, a thousand wokester sailors, their hair shocking ugly hues, each wearing dresses and thick full beards.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

If drug companies aren’t able to complete wring all the money out of a captive buyer base whose only choices are “Pay for the medication or die” then the drug companies won’t make drugs!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kellies Nomination: Most easily reinterpreted.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

It's amazing how if you take away the caption at the bottom, this becomes A Good Cartoon.

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

EDIT: In fact...

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 16, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

MQ-9 is the reaper.
The predator is the MQ-1, the older model. They look the same (the reaper is just bigger and carries more) and really the easiet way to tell them apart is if the rear stabilizers (lil wings on the tail) are pointed up (reaper) or down (predator)

Anyways, Bok is wrong. As usual.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Discendo Vox posted:

I thought the Branco was incomprehensible, then I saw that viscerally unsettling Benson.

The labels are completely unnecessary and explain nothing.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Hunt’s budget – Grim chancellor pulls nuclear white elephant from his budget box"

Telegraph:

Winners and losers from the Budget 2023 – and what it means for your money

Matt:

‘Skills bootcamps’ plan to encourage over-50s back to work

Independent:

Budget 2023: Jeremy Hunt announces multibillion expansion of free childcare

Times:

Evening Standard:

Shares rally after huge bank bailout of Credit Suisse

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

"sorry, just gonna jot down a silly funny cartoon that undercuts the rest of my life's work. brb."

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

I dont know posted:

The Russian pilot attempted to down the drone by dumping fuel on it (but ended up clipping it). The effeminate woke US military is mad at the Russians for dumping fuel in the ocean not for attacking their equipment.

It is Bok, who is a far right dumbass. Given the current trajectory of the MAGA crowd, he'll likely start making strong manly Putin propaganda in an other month or two.

Thanks. I couldn't read it properly because that didn't look like a drone in the water to me, it looked more like a broken windmill.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

InsertPotPun posted:

"sorry, just gonna jot down a silly funny cartoon that undercuts the rest of my life's work. brb."
No no, it must be everyone else who obsesses over pronouns. Like... banks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If drug companies aren’t able to complete wring all the money out of a captive buyer base whose only choices are “Pay for the medication or die” then the drug companies won’t make drugs!

It's also been proven completely false when the US government gave free money to Pfizer to create a covid vaccine and then they still said "Yep gonna have to charge hundreds of dollars for the vaccine now."

Vib Rib posted:

No no, it must be everyone else who obsesses over pronouns. Like... banks.

I mean yes, right wing media is out there saying that SVB failed because they were too woke and gay, proving that being woke is bad for business and that's why they collapsed, no reason to look any further into the causes.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Twelve by Pies posted:

I mean yes, right wing media is out there saying that SVB failed because they were too woke and gay, proving that being woke is bad for business and that's why they collapsed, no reason to look any further into the causes.
Yes I know, and nobody obsesses more over pronouns than the right-wingers who claim others are obsessed.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

After Paul Keating's spray against AUKUS, Malcolm Turnbull also has criticisms and says we would have been better off going with the deal he struck with the French. Malcolm Turnbull questions whether ‘sick’ British economy can sustain AUKUS (SMH).

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Badiacao:

Paul Keating was chair of the China Development Bank for a decade.

Knight:

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress off, Spooner

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Uneployment

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh I guess we're in the phase where unemployment doesn't matter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Ten dollars.... percent....? :psyduck:

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I was going to point out how silly the message of this comic is, making out that it is a foolish and childish thing to not agree with the idea that women should be paid less than men.... but I guess that's literally the actual message of the strip and straight up what the cartoonist is trying to say? :sigh:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I was going to point out how silly the message of this comic is, making out that it is a foolish and childish thing to not agree with the idea that women should be paid less than men.... but I guess that's literally the actual message of the strip and straight up what the cartoonist is trying to say? :sigh:

I read it more as you are a fool to expect it to change, not that it's a good thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lobsterminator posted:

I read it more as you are a fool to expect it to change, not that it's a good thing.

Well that's also awful but not as bad, I guess!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - Fear of Failing

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Dave Granlund

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

idonotlikepeas posted:

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

That’s a nice touch with the fourth panel’s border. Minor, but nice.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

All the time spent to letter that out, and not a spark of awareness.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Huh, that's a pretty good opinion from Lee Judge. Just one problem though.

Yeah you really care about police brutality huh? gently caress off Lee Judge.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's a pretty basic litanizing move, Ramirez likes to do it too- all bad things from any direction are assigned to the current admin.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

"SVB gave 74 million dollars to BLM" is a right-wing media talking point that's making the rounds.

It's a complete lie. There are multiple organizations with "Black Lives Matter" or "BLM" in their name, but SVB never donated or loaned money to any of them.

What did SVB give money to? Causes and organizations that some right-wing media classify as "BLM-adjacent" like... the NAACP, United Negro College Fund, the ACLU, college loan scholarship programs, programs to encourage diversity in tech fields, COVID-19 related programs, etc.

Not all of that money was donated, some of it was to be spread out over five years. Those five-years charity plans are probably bust now.

Also worth noting is that 74 million is a tiny percentage of the bank's total assets when it failed (200 billion).

https://apnews.com/article/silicon-valley-bank-fdic-svb-california-d84764deb458371667ac7f850f430f22

Quote from AP news: "The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, in its own statement, confirmed it did not receive $70 million from the bank.

“Even if we did, the idea that this type of contribution would be controversial is rooted in a pathology that Black organizations don’t deserve to be funded,” the organization wrote. “Contributions to a variety of progressive Black causes is irrelevant in the conversation about what led to the bank’s demise.”"

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/03/did-svb-really-give-74m-black-lives-matter

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/silicon-valley-bank-black-lives-matter/

Victar fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 17, 2023

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I’m not sure the Benson cartoon from the other page with the horse is worthy of a nomination, it just makes me sad to look at

Which is a semi-unique sensation, usually any depression is drowned out by anger or defeat

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I still can't tell what that Benson means.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Will You Be the Next Issue Awareness Martyr?

Ted Rall posted:

The train derailment in Ohio is the latest example of a situation where the danger was known all along, but nothing was done about it because no one had died yet, or at least the right people hadn’t died yet.

First Dog on the Moon: Guardian readers share their ideas and hints for saving money in these difficult times

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Trump rolled the regulations back you rear end in a top hat. In 2018 he changed the asset threshold at which the regulations apply from >50 billion to greater than >250 billion. Both Signature (110 billion) and SVB (209 billion) would still have been covered by the original threshold.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I dont know posted:

Trump rolled the regulations back you rear end in a top hat. In 2018 he changed the asset threshold at which the regulations apply from >50 billion to greater than >250 billion. Both Signature (110 billion) and SVB (209 billion) would still have been covered by the original threshold.

Frank got a million bucks as a Signature board member after his time in Congress and actively pushed for the weakening of his own bill for the benefit of Signature after receiving the aforementioned million bucks.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Stultus Maximus posted:

Frank got a million bucks as a Signature board member after his time in Congress and actively pushed for the weakening of his own bill for the benefit of Signature after receiving the aforementioned million bucks.

When the Republican cartoonist is arguing, "look at the Democrat who caused this, it's the Democrat's fault the Democrats the Democrats the Democrats", saying "well, yes, technically that's true" is not actually good

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nah that's just team politics. Frank deserves a ton of poo poo for undermining his own god drat bill, and if that means Ramirez gets a rare win, so be it.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 17, 2023

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Thanks to Biden, every taxpayer now has a pot o' gold in their pockets?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Scrolling down I was bracing myself to see a gay rainbow going up a taxpayer's butt or something, because that's about what I'd expect from Branco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Oh gently caress off.