Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is the repo stuff the banks not trusting other banks so they have to use the fed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

What does this poo poo mean? Can anyone explain it to a regular person?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

how do i get some of this money

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
to make sure the banks dont go broke they are giving out money at disocunt rates but they need money so they are borrowing at a different rate and magic free money is happening

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mirthless posted:

Can we be tired of identity politics yet

We've known for ages that "No war but class war" cuts through idpol's Gordian knot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jel Shaker posted:

is the repo stuff the banks not trusting other banks so they have to use the fed?

The banks have too much money and not enough money

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

financial institutions (not just banks) having nowhere safe to park money, and nowhere "productive" to invest

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

to make sure the banks dont go broke they are giving out money at disocunt rates but they need money so they are borrowing at a different rate and magic free money is happening

I’m imaging money flowing in a circle at faster and faster speeds trying not to fall apart.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Raccooon posted:

I’m imaging money flowing in a circle at faster and faster speeds trying not to fall apart.

As long as it never stops flowing nothing bad can happen.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

if the banks have to let you take your money out then they can't make enough money on it to cover their deposits

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Raccooon posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US dollar is backed by global US hegemony so it's a solid bet

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Raccooon posted:

buy a wheelbarrow now while you can so that you can use it to truck cash to buy a loaf of bread later

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
'strong and stable' is the byline to my tinder profile (that gets no swipes)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/yoloption/status/1636480514985979907

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7sBsBHdCk&t=116s

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't understand how dems get away with accusing the gop of wanting to privatize medicare

i think you do!

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

number is back, baby!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah the printer is back on. Bitcoin $100,000

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bitcoin has infinite value now. It will never fall below $25k again. Make your time, crypto like AI is here to stay

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
svb died so that the economy could live

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we are about to see housing prices double again
THANK YOU JOE

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jel Shaker posted:

yea

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

yeah the printer is back on. Bitcoin $100,000

Hell yeah

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

buy a wheelbarrow now while you can so that you can use it to truck cash to buy a loaf of bread later

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Any chance of recession has passed. Invest in tomorrow, because it will be very bright.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I like that there is no way out of this anymore without a massive destruction of value.

Which will never be allowed to happen. Hell yeah.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
there will be destruction of value, the value of your paycheck as prices soar soar soar

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Also hilarious that sanctions have already prepared Russia for whatever happens.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

anime was right posted:

we are about to see housing prices double again
THANK YOU JOE

Housing prices are going to double and mortgage rates are going to stay steady and the median mortgage payment will be $5000/mo by next year

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nonsense posted:

Any chance of recession has passed. Invest in tomorrow, because it will be very bright.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Time to buy a boat.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

october 12, 2021

Richard D. Wolff: “US middle class is officially gone. The top 1% own more than the middle 60% while the bottom 35% own nothing. GOP pushed for this; Dems allowed it. The people suffer it. But for how much longer?”

Raccooon posted:

I like that there is no way out of this anymore without a massive destruction of value.

its not no destruction of value can be allowed to happen, just not to the top 1%. watch them try and squeeze more and more blood from a drier and drier stone

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Raccooon posted:

I mean, theoretically, at some point the massive and accelerating over corrections are going to take the decisions out of the hands of the regulators

Instead of suffering a recession in 2020 they printed infinite money to the point where they started to threaten the concept of the currency

To fix that they started jacking up rates which started wiping out their lovely unregulated banking industry

To fix that they started printing infinite money again

At some point, theoretically, either the banks can't be bailed out due to the size of their losses or money stops having any value at all once an average grocery trip costs $500 and houses cost $5,000,000 with $15,000 a month mortgages. You can keep your banks going but 90% of your populace will be starving and homeless as they still make $25,000 a year and are being charged $50,000 in rent for a 1 bedroom apartment.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if you want a picture of the future imagine a boot stomping on a human face, forever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raccooon posted:

Also hilarious that sanctions have already prepared Russia for whatever happens.

russia, china, and the saudis are going to the only ones to survive the coming hyperinflation lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I mean, theoretically, at some point the massive and accelerating over corrections are going to take the decisions out of the hands of the regulators

Instead of suffering a recession in 2020 they printed infinite money to the point where they started to threaten the concept of the currency

To fix that they started jacking up rates which started wiping out their lovely unregulated banking industry

At some point, theoretically, either the banks can't be bailed out due to the size of their losses or money stops having any value at all once an average grocery trip costs $500 and houses cost $5,000,000 with $15,000 a month mortgages. You can keep your banks going but 90% of your populace will be starving and homeless as they still make $25,000 a year and are being charged $50,000 in rent for a 1 bedroom apartment.

the fed has painted itself into the stupidest and most obvious corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cars are appreciating assets now. We are already off the cliff.