Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Lib and let die posted:

*taps thread title*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I watched some videos on the marathon trilogy and now I'm having a Pepe Silvia moment with destiny lore

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

I watched some videos on the marathon trilogy and now I'm having a Pepe Silvia moment with destiny lore

the entirety of bungie game lore can be traced back to the founders getting high as gently caress in college and having one of those 3am "what is existence maaaaaaan" conversations

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

bet i slammed down a bunch of bright dust for that emote

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

arsenicCatnip posted:

I grew up with the old Bungie Pathways into Darkness/ Marathon trilogy and those were some good times with friends playing multiplayer in the computer lab after hours. The lore was fantastic. I sometimes miss those days.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

victrix posted:

the entirety of bungie game lore can be traced back to the founders getting high as gently caress in college and having one of those 3am "what is existence maaaaaaan" conversations

more or less. despite that the moment where he compared chief and 343 guilty spark to the marathon protag and durendal, then played that weird line where guilty spark is like "when we did this before..." it blew my loving brain

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

The answer to Calus is Forerunner.

The answer to Tormentors is Forerunner.

The answer to anything is Forerunner.

The Halo Magnum is the best problem solver.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

arsenicCatnip posted:

The witness emerges from the weird portal thing with the final shape, and it's Durandal going "I SURVIVED, BITCH"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Grimthwacker posted:

The answer to Calus is Forerunner.

The answer to Tormentors is Forerunner.

The answer to anything is Forerunner.

The Halo Magnum is the best problem solver.

I pulled that out of vault for a sidearm bounty and man it absolutely slapped. I had a void wave frame GL to pair it with and was just blowing everything up with volatile rampage/ambition assassin rounds. Really need to find some armour mods that spams orbs and special ammo.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

RocketRaygun posted:

The witness emerges from the weird portal thing with the final shape, and it's Durandal going "I SURVIVED, BITCH"

Final Shape starts with you going through the Traveller portal and the first thing you see is this

arsenicCatnip fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 16, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now that the Partition mission is playable, I really don't get the gimmick. You are followed around by an ally with the special power to... force you to miss shots and leave cover? It sure didn't seem useful for navigation either

Good practice run for the 7-minute attempt, looking forward to the next in three weeks

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hate being so under light level. I want to solo the legendary Vexcalibur mission to get a catalyst but I am getting annihilated. Minotaurs are 2 shotting me through over shield :smith:.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mesadoram posted:

I hate being so under light level. I want to solo the legendary Vexcalibur mission to get a catalyst but I am getting annihilated. Minotaurs are 2 shotting me through over shield :smith:.

Honestly just waiting until all the catalysts are unlocked since you're still on the power climb might be for the best anyway. Then even if it takes forever you at least get everything at once. But yeah, it's not fun to get mapped by perfect enemy snipers and it feels like poo poo especially when it seems like you're fully behind cover and they magically hit the hem of your space pants. I'm getting very tempted to cap my framerate since the engine just keeps making this a thing

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PathAsc posted:

Honestly just waiting until all the catalysts are unlocked since you're still on the power climb might be for the best anyway. Then even if it takes forever you at least get everything at once. But yeah, it's not fun to get mapped by perfect enemy snipers and it feels like poo poo especially when it seems like you're fully behind cover and they magically hit the hem of your space pants. I'm getting very tempted to cap my framerate since the engine just keeps making this a thing

You get only 1x Catalyst per Legendary clear.

I ran it last week and got Immovable Force or whatever

My buddy ran it this week with me and he got Immovable Force, and I got Grave Robber.

It DOES seem to continue giving you power advantages up to ~1815 at any rate, though. I'm not sure if Mettle caps you below 1830 or just AT 1830, but it'll get easier if you're going at it at a much lower level

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So, am I right in that the only way to get Necrotic Grips is to wait until the Legendary Lost Sector is on “arm exotics” day, then do it and hope it drops?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So, am I right in that the only way to get Necrotic Grips is to wait until the Legendary Lost Sector is on “arm exotics” day, then do it and hope it drops?

That's probably the easiest way. Xur might also sell it, or it might drop from his random purchase engram

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think Necros are in the general exotic engram pool by now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Paracelsus posted:

Have they added any exotic armors from the Lost Sector pool to the world/Xur pool? Ever?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Have they added any exotic armors from the Lost Sector pool to the world/Xur pool? Ever?

If so, then I've never loving seen them.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Paracelsus posted:

They are not.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They have not.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
This new light level / capped activities paradigm is dumb as hell, might come back once they make the 69 paragraph “sorry (not sorry but we’ll change it)” post and undo most of it

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is there a warlock exotic worth using that isn't Nezarec's Sin.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Bleck posted:

necrotics, swarmers, and when I'm forced to run well dawn chorus or sunbracers are my goto

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bleck posted:

Contraverse

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Bleck posted:

Starfire protocol

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I found a well-rolled ophidians ages ago and since it's at least useful in every single activity and I'm not drowning in golfballs I just stick with it. Starting to accumulate some more ascendant shards now that I have masterworked everything on my titan/hunter so maybe I'll look at something different soon

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

as a titan i will forever look upon ophidian with vicious envy

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kith posted:

as a titan i will forever look upon ophidian with vicious envy

None for you

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

YEAH WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY OF MY BEST CLASS SWORD EITHER :hayter:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My buddy ran it this week with me and he got Immovable Force, and I got Grave Robber.

It DOES seem to continue giving you power advantages up to ~1815 at any rate, though. I'm not sure if Mettle caps you below 1830 or just AT 1830, but it'll get easier if you're going at it at a much lower level

I had enough problems clearing the Normal difficulty.

Gonna save myself the trouble and throw Vexcalibur into the vault

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Kith could reload fighting lion so fast

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well poo poo, guess I'm running it twice this week

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bleck posted:

Starfire is the current best PVE exotic, Ophidians is s-tier pvp, Contraverse is also extremely strong in pve, Osmio and Sunbracers are both good, Karnsteins etc. so yes

You can get an easily flawless legend lost sector just using Starfire + whatever double primaries you have with the champ mods. Shields don't matter, special and heavy doesn't matter just throw grenade and stand in rift while you shoot

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 17, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Astrocyte Verse is a good time in Rift, and Getaway Artists are fun in any mode.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Man, Throne Cleaver with Incandescent is hilariously fun. Just be an invincible solar nightmare that causes mass explosions with every swing of your cool sword. Bonus points for not crashing my game 5 times like my volatile version does, but maybe that was just Avalon being Avalon.

tl;dr Throne Cleaver owns and I can't wait to burn 69420 defiant engrams to get 1/5 redframes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mesadoram posted:

All I want is my Steelfeather back :smith:.

Same :smith:

I mean yeah we have alternatives. They're nice. But they're not steelfeather.