Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you’re more at risk being chinese and working on some belt and road infrastructure initiative in pakistan though

complete mystery how that terrorism started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Not directly related but this is interesting in light of that Kupol guy getting relieved of command. Zelensky should probably avoid the public perception that he's in a political contest with the army.

MediaKiller posted:

A new round of confrontation between the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the Office of the President: ex-Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko declares an attempt by the authorities to "shut the mouths of the heroes of the war and tie the hands of Zaluzhny personally."

He writes that a bill has been submitted to the Rada, which proposes:
▪️ to forbid all military personnel to talk about domestic politics;
▪️ to prohibit all military personnel from being deputies of any level;
▪️ to transfer from the Commander-in-Chief to the Minister of Defense the function of submitting the appointment of the Chief of the General Staff and command services of the Armed Forces.

Yesterday, these amendments to the draft law "On Strengthening Democratic Civil Control over the Armed Forces of Ukraine" were rejected. However, they can still be considered at a meeting of Parliament.
(from t.me/MediaKiller2021/6980, via tgsa)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Looks like we're still on the Nazi Germany condensed sequence, so if this is still going in six months I expect big Z will appoint himself supreme commander of the military

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Simply outlaw coup attempts, the perfect solution to you losing power to the military.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Slavvy posted:

Looks like we're still on the Nazi Germany condensed sequence, so if this is still going in six months I expect big Z will appoint himself supreme commander of the military

He's been one already since the start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stavka_of_the_Supreme_Commander

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin is devilishly ugly

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nonsense posted:

Putin is devilishly ugly

then why does this thread want to have sex with him

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Beggars can't be choosers

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Slavvy posted:

that'd be a stepdown since he already appoints the commander of the military, which makes him god of the military if i'm doing my calculations correctly

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
hail australian satan

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMW5pL9Z4w

I worked a guy who went backpacking in Pakistan's Tribal Area between tours, but I always suspected that was a work-related trip. I actually have no idea what it's like to travel in these areas, on your own, safely. You know, you hear about those Danish kids who were killed in the Atlas mountains or whatever. Mostly, though, I would think that everybody there would think you were working for somebody, because there are no tourists, and there are no tourists because everybody thinks it's dangerous, and that kind of feedback loop complicates things.

How many backpackers (or "backpackers"?) have they caught sneaking into Iran now? It would be nice to see Hecatompylos, Persepolis, Rhagae, all of these really cool sites, but I don't know how you would swing it. I did my entire education, or rather other than Defence and War Studies, on places I won't be able to visit in MENA because of my work history. I would love to visit, ideally join a dig at, the Dead Cities. Everybody I spoke to who dug there only had amazing things to say about the places and people, but if I showed up in the region between Aleppo and Idlib, I feel like it would be hard to convince anyone of my innocence.

I suppose what I'm saying is that it would be nice to just drink chai and spend some money in these places, but you can hardly blame them for thinking you're there to liaise with guys in the Panjshir, or ISIS, if we're being honest.

gee wonder why anyone would be suspicious lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Possessed by the devil putin

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

BULBASAUR posted:

hail australian satan

hello

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

it's got some weird connections. cato was a donor and spun off its programs to it but was most recently a recipient.

quote:

they now operate as the Atlas Global Initiative for Free Trade, Peace, and Prosperity

A GIFT PP

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

UNATCO NATO touched my PP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnDMEyQ_avA
$20 to buy the in-game craft and will fund this man rebuilding a real one for Zelensky's forces.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

many Turks are saying nato used haarp to cause the earthquake and discipline turkey...
Finland's President Says Turkey Has Reached A Decision On Helsinki's NATO Bid

I think HAARP was used to keep the temperatures high this winter in the northern hemisphere. Very convenient is all I'll say!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Frosted Flake posted:

This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMW5pL9Z4w

I worked a guy who went backpacking in Pakistan's Tribal Area between tours, but I always suspected that was a work-related trip. I actually have no idea what it's like to travel in these areas, on your own, safely. You know, you hear about those Danish kids who were killed in the Atlas mountains or whatever. Mostly, though, I would think that everybody there would think you were working for somebody, because there are no tourists, and there are no tourists because everybody thinks it's dangerous, and that kind of feedback loop complicates things.

How many backpackers (or "backpackers"?) have they caught sneaking into Iran now? It would be nice to see Hecatompylos, Persepolis, Rhagae, all of these really cool sites, but I don't know how you would swing it. I did my entire education, or rather other than Defence and War Studies, on places I won't be able to visit in MENA because of my work history. I would love to visit, ideally join a dig at, the Dead Cities. Everybody I spoke to who dug there only had amazing things to say about the places and people, but if I showed up in the region between Aleppo and Idlib, I feel like it would be hard to convince anyone of my innocence.

I suppose what I'm saying is that it would be nice to just drink chai and spend some money in these places, but you can hardly blame them for thinking you're there to liaise with guys in the Panjshir, or ISIS, if we're being honest.

jesus christ lord miles is the living embodiment of 4chan

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

pissed off everyone is gonna make a bunch of posts overnight and I won’t get to post on page 1000.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

pissed off everyone is gonna make a bunch of posts overnight and I won’t get to post on page 1000.

just post more

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

9% sales tax

9% income tax

9% corporate tax

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

just post more

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

stay awake then

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:synpa:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This is sad.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

бумп

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

бамп

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

blyat

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alpha 1 posted:

Looks like Ukraine is getting more of Canada's ammo stockpiles, which should keep them firing for a day or two. Genuinely surprised we have anything left. :canada:

https://twitter.com/CTVCalgary/status/1636231476294434820

There's a Superman movie where Superman prevents nuclear war by taking all the nuclear missiles on earth and flinging them into the sun.

Maybe this is how we end conventional war, we take all the munitions on earth and fire it off in Ukraine. Then modern war will be impossible.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I'm staying up to make sure you cant

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
curiously, zelensky and putin are both manlets. they are very small lads (vlads)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

blyat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

it kind of spoils the fun of page 1000 if people make filler posts to get us there quicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed posted:

it kind of spoils the fun of page 1000 if people make filler posts to get us there quicker