Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oh yeah I remember the ad campaign kerfuffle now

iirc there was also a fuss about absolution ads but in fairness very nearly everything about absolution is bad and it has been explicitly retconned out of hitman canon lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I've never been entirely sure why there wasn't a major moral panic around Hitman

the most recent trilogy is all about killing awful rich people, which seems like it might upset some folks

otoh it also leans heavily into killing people with bananas, improbably slow homing briefcases, and explosive rubber ducks

I have to hand it to IO. They realized very early on with Hitman that you had to make all the targets gangsters or 1% members of the Illuminati.
Otherwise your briefing would end up as
"Good morning 47. Your targets are four witnesses who are going to testify against the Gambino crime family."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Google Jeb Bush posted:

oh yeah I remember the ad campaign kerfuffle now

iirc there was also a fuss about absolution ads but in fairness very nearly everything about absolution is bad and it has been explicitly retconned out of hitman canon lol

Blood Money had the ad where a woman in sexy lingerie has been shot in the head and it says BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED. Absolution had the fetish latex murder nuns trailer

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I ask myself this every time sir Plankalot opens his gob.

https://twitter.com/RedCollectiveUK/status/1635981755382390784?s=20

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

They really didn't like it when the SNP guy on Question Time pointed out that he's David Cameron in a red tie.

The Labour MP was practically frothing with rage that Keith was being given a characteristic.

Audience seemed a bit lost of the point though. Guess they like their fascism lite.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Kin posted:

They really didn't like it when the SNP guy on Question Time pointed out that he's David Cameron in a red tie.

The Labour MP was practically frothing with rage that Keith was being given a characteristic.

Audience seemed a bit lost of the point though. Guess they like their fascism lite.

I think I would explode or need to bang my head to some serious death metal if I watched QT these days!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Starmer isn't Cameron in a red tie, that's ridiculous.

Cameron hosed a pig gleefully to get into a dinner club. Starmer would do it regretfully on national television like in the tv show just to prove he's got what it takes to run the country.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/JohnSimpsonNews/status/1636486207461892097

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think I would explode or need to bang my head to some serious death metal if I watched QT these days!

yeah who in their right sober mind who bother watching tory propaganda

Kill All Cops fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 17, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That photo is loving with me because it looks like it's at redcar except the beach doesn't look like that.

I think it must be taken from the west end at the car park and then flipped and he's pointing at the tower. Presumably so he doesn't have to go to the busy bit and actually meet anybody.

E: yeah I think from the looks of it rather than going to the actual town part he's pulled up in the car park on the right here and took a photo. Cos all of the bits in the actual town have the new sea wall.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 17, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you can generate starmer speeches with ai, so why not just generate ai photos with him

he looks like a tit in the all official ones so it can only be an improvement

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
One of the most satisfying things of soligarity Lineker gate, was watching starmer and Co show they are so fundamentally out of touch with everything.

It's like they are still being run by a 90s think tank.. you've got to appeal to your slightly racist football loving carling drinking working class stereotype. But instead of understanding the reasons and fears and day to day life situations of a stereotype that barely exists, this has become their actual ideology instead.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

OwlFancier posted:

That photo is loving with me because it looks like it's at redcar except the beach doesn't look like that.

I think it must be taken from the west end at the car park and then flipped and he's pointing at the tower. Presumably so he doesn't have to go to the busy bit and actually meet anybody.

E: yeah I think from the looks of it rather than going to the actual town part he's pulled up in the car park on the right here and took a photo. Cos all of the bits in the actual town have the new sea wall.

I thought 'Redcar' as well but there's no metal fence at that end of the promenade past where the Mungle Jungle was, it's all a low stone wall you can walk along. I'm guessing somewhere just North of the Tees.

Fake edit, looking at the shadow shapes of the beach access ramp wall posts here vs the background of the Starmer pic and the iron fence showing up in the street view , it's 99% Seaton Carew:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/DkiKENPKVSgRaeD28

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah yeah you are probably right, you can see saltburn cliff in the distance and the south gare.

Weird that you can see the turbines though, I figured they would be closer to the shore from that point of view.

I should go to seaton again sometime, haven't been since I was a kid.

E: still don't think anybody will beat the photo of corbyn in the cliff lift.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 17, 2023

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

*Points at seagull*

"Left in private ownership"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

he's actually giving us all the finger, because y'know

he's a lying backstabbing piece of poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kill All Cops posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnSimpsonNews/status/1636486207461892097

yeah who in their right sober mind who bother watching tory propaganda

Liberals who think it's important to listen to all* ideas

*does not include anything to the left of David Miliband

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kinda wild how I went from thinking "okay give him a chance" after he won the leadership contest to quietly thinking the best case scenario is he takes office and then immediately dies* and someone even moderately less poo poo is elected in his place.

*I make no prescriptions on how or why

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

Kinda wild how I went from thinking "okay give him a chance" after he won the leadership contest to quietly thinking the best case scenario is he takes office and then immediately dies* and someone even moderately less poo poo is elected in his place.

It was when they putsched RLB that I cut up my membership card

That was when it became extremely obvious what was happening

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

I don't think it would be good if someone killed Starmer. It would be blamed on Corbynists even if - perhaps particularly if - the killer shouted "Sieg Heil" as he did the deed and proclaimed his love for Hitler, Johnson and Farage in court.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Liver failure it is then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jedit posted:

I don't think it would be good if someone killed Starmer. It would be blamed on Corbynists even if - perhaps particularly if - the killer shouted "Sieg Heil" as he did the deed and proclaimed his love for Hitler, Johnson and Farage in court.

Who cares, the schadenfreude would be nice

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you have to remember that the labour party elites are so incompetent they accidentally lost the leadership to corbyn somehow

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm not the most quick witted or debatey person. So I generally expose myself to the bullshit to give me time to digest it and articulate my rebuttals on the odd idiot that might spout it directly at me in the future.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Jel Shaker posted:

you have to remember that the labour party elites are so incompetent they accidentally lost the leadership to corbyn somehow

Yeah I always laugh when they are like "the best the left could do was Corbyn and he's boring and weird" and all I can think is that's true and you managed to lose to him twice.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

They made up for it though didn't they. I've been reading some of the #itwasascam posts on twitter and I can't believe how naive I was. not long after Corbyn was ousted I thought that he could have gotten past it if he had fought more but there was nothing he could have done, the campaign against him was so complete.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Funny thread with serious bits. Pointing out Jo Bird & Rica Bird both Jewish both hounded out of LP

https://twitter.com/driandunce/status/1636628108076892160?s=20

(Yes Ian dunce is parody)

https://twitter.com/AsaWinstanley/status/1636677300367372288?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 17, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah good, more imported culture war via the medium of misleading headlines.

https://twitter.com/RoseSchmits/status/1636643755049594880

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Question IRL posted:

I have to hand it to IO. They realized very early on with Hitman that you had to make all the targets gangsters or 1% members of the Illuminati.
Otherwise your briefing would end up as
"Good morning 47. Your targets are four witnesses who are going to testify against the Gambino crime family."

The older stuff was very unpleasant though- I’m glad they did the massive reboot and got rid of the uncomfortable amount of sex trafficking storylines.

Goldskull posted:

It's a pity the can designs I did for a Highgate craft brewery a few years back never came to fruition, as after the first Session IPA was done they were all for doing Ghost Chicken as the next beer name. Then the owner decided to cheap the gently caress out of it, & went with a graphics student who worked for peanuts.

As things did spookily pan out, I did all the branding for Werewolf Beer in Camden due to the head brewer from the above place leaving & starting that up awhile back.

Good job on the Werewolf branding! Big fan and Rich and the crew are a fun bunch. Do you still have the can designs for Highgate? I’d love to see them.

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 17, 2023

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is ot just me or is the nurses' pay deal kind of poo poo? Some one-time payments and only a 5% permanent pay rise. Most unions are recommending accepting it somehow.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Is ot just me or is the nurses' pay deal kind of poo poo? Some one-time payments and only a 5% permanent pay rise. Most unions are recommending accepting it somehow.

it’s still a real terms pay cut and won’t really help with the staffing crisis

why recommend it? the union bosses are desperate for a “win”, want a gong, know the government will not offer anymore than that unroll 2025 or worry that the government legislation will come in and make things worse

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Save this tweet:

https://twitter.com/keiranpedley/status/1636670709354176512?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

I do enjoy how he makes [Whoever the Anchor Is] look like such a dozy Tory mouthpiece with such ease.

"How about I just ask you, er, once again, er, how you would fund the opposing party's policies which you er, don't agree with?"

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

SixFigureSandwich posted:

It's poo poo, all poo poo.

Apparently doctors below consultant grade in England want 35%. I hope they get it, best of luck to them

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Whoever thought this was a good idea should immediately leave Showbiz and never return

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Lynn! I’ve stabbed me foot on the fence at Stoke Mandeville Hospital!”

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hmm.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/mar/17/nhs-doctors-recruit-colleagues-private-hospitals-hca-healthcare

Anyone in British politics connected to HCA? 20 seconds on Google tells me, Lord Hollick.

Has he given large sums of money to any politicians whom you might think from their ostensible left-wing affiliation would be opposed to the growth of private healthcare at the expense of the NHS? Why yes, yes he has!

(For those who don't want to click on the link: it's exactly who you'd think.) :smith:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

Whoever thought this was a good idea should immediately leave Showbiz and never return

i think literally no other actor could portray this

if anything the media would rather this whole thing get quietly forgotten rather than any daylight on the obvious bizarre flashing red light that they just happened to ignore or out right suppress for decades

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The loving lord farquad haircut is ridiculous.

My grandmother had that haircut in the 50's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I thought that was Rob Brydon for a minute.