Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Skwirl posted:

I don't think there's been a Doc Strange meets Zatanna book or anything like that.

Forget that, I want to know more about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Jughead is a time traveller. Probably met him in a timestream convergence. And if The Punisher can chaperone their prom, the Archie crew is already in the Marvel universe.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Argue posted:

Never heard of Hedy, but I guess she had her own book before being paired up with Patsy Walker for a Betty and Veronica type comic.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Never heard of Hedy, but I guess she had her own book before being paired up with Patsy Walker for a Betty and Veronica type comic.

It's Hedley...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Argue posted:

oh that's easy, dino manelli is a character from sergeant fury that was "inspired" by dean martin.

the comic is Punisher Meets Archie

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Spider-Man: Back in Black #18

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
How many spider-man characters have that hairstyle?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

a whole bunch and they're all related

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think there were at least two harry osborns. osborn continuity is a mess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Darthemed posted:

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1 (2001)

Sabertooth is a 7ft tall killing machine with an accelerated healing factor. Why does he need bodyguards.

Also, what is it with the Alice Cooper eye shadow? Is it so he's in disguise, like hipster Wolverine?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Alhazred posted:

I like that Sabretooth's main goals as a super villain isn't to take over the world or get rich. What he aims for is simply making Wolverine's life as miserable as possible.

Where's that panel where he sets a bunch of piano wire across the road, then jetpacks away?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Right here! No idea on issue, just had it saved

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Kalli posted:

One of my favorite things to ever happen in a comic.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

I still think Liev Schreiber was a great Sabretooth, in part because he felt like exactly this guy

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Classic. Somebody put that in the OP.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Sabertooth is a 7ft tall killing machine with an accelerated healing factor. Why does he need bodyguards.

If some guy keeps stabbing you but you survive every attempt you would still want a bodyguard to at least soak up some of the stabbings for you.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Getting stabbed still hurts man.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
If you stand around in Manhattan dressed like that you look like a freaky homeless person.
If you stand around in Manhattan dressed like that with a couple of goons behind you, you look like somebody extremely important.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bucnasti posted:

If you stand around in Manhattan dressed like that you look like a freaky homeless person.
If you stand around in Manhattan dressed like that with a couple of goons behind you, you look like somebody extremely important.

Two goons behind you make anyone seem more important though. It's the difference between, say, being a local eccentric in a dorky costume, and being able to trade a quip or two with Batman before he sends you to the hospital.

Phy fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 14, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #4 (1941)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Pimp coats ain't free son.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Sabretooth has bodyguards to assert that he's Too Important to deal with any yahoos who want to make a name for themselves by throwing a punch. Some z-lister with chinchilla powers wants to deck him and the bodyguards make sure Mr. Sabretooth doesn't even have to bother himself with that trash.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Precambrian posted:

Sabretooth has bodyguards to assert that he's Too Important to deal with any yahoos who want to make a name for themselves by throwing a punch. Some z-lister with chinchilla powers wants to deck him and the bodyguards make sure Mr. Sabretooth doesn't even have to bother himself with that trash.

It's a polycule actually.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The bodyguards are there in case he runs into Logan and needs some bodies to hurl at him. They're fastballs

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

X-Club #2 (2012)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Lightning Comics #4 (1941)

You fool!

The Deep State fluoridated that water!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chicken neck, Naruto runnin lookin rear end

Blue Lock - Chapter 210

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #132 (1973)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Strange #2 (2010)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Not really a comic panel more comic adjecent, but I found this exchange when wondering if wonder woman had ever fought Doomsday.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The hell is with that post?

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

Not really a comic panel more comic adjecent, but I found this exchange when wondering if wonder woman had ever fought Doomsday.

Yeah she fought an army of cloned Doomsdays during one of the Superman/Batman arcs before the New 52 reboot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

OPAONI posted:

Yeah she fought an army of cloned Doomsdays during one of the Superman/Batman arcs before the New 52 reboot.

Yeah I found that out after I found that post I posted. It just cracked me up

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Is dinosaur island a canonical DC location, or is the writer just making up a place with a very self-explanatory name that he thinks would be cool?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Is dinosaur island a canonical DC location, or is the writer just making up a place with a very self-explanatory name that he thinks would be cool?

It is an actual place

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Don't let the name fool you though, it's actually a peninsula.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Speaking of Doomsday, was his origin revealed before or after Superman's death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

Speaking of Doomsday, was his origin revealed before or after Superman's death?

Pretty sure after.