Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1636757579815690241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

they wont do this

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Biden calls on Congress to keep the door to the horse barn closed

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

First Republic Bank down 1/4 today despite the 'backing' - looking pretty good! :thumbsup:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Horseshoe theory posted:

First Republic Bank down 1/4 today despite the 'backing' - looking pretty good! :thumbsup:

I guess well know how hosed they are at quarter to 4

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Biden calls on Congress to keep the door to the horse barn closed

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

seems like the market consensus on FRC is something like the $30B is a takeover in all but name, they’ll be forced to “buy” it for $1 and an agreement to cover deposits or something like that.

buy that dip!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Horseshoe theory posted:

I wonder how much of that is short term profit taking by people who got lucky timing-wise earlier this week.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah thats totally happening demented loser calls on someone else to do his job

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I like that none of these things attempt to prevent the banks from failing in the first place.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

expand enhance empower more keyword useless dem jargon

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

oops, you missed this detail!

quote:

China has yet to formally announce a change to its retirement age, which is among the lowest in the world at 60 for men, 55 for white-collar women and 50 for women who work in factories.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah thats totally happening demented loser calls on someone else to do his job

okay FINE i'll turn on my monitor!!!!

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
CEOs of failed banks to be given a stern talking to

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

You don't want to be the one guy who lost money when everyone else made money, and you *really* don't want to be the one guy who made money while everyone else lost money.

I'm trying and failing to understand the motivation on that last bit.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HallelujahLee posted:

expand enhance empower more keyword useless dem jargon

and just like e3 its not happening this year

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

never trumpet that you made money while politicians you hate and hate you back lost money at same thing

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

the guy who makes money when everyone else loses money invites questions about how they were so smart.

even if it’s just a bet and gut feeling it invites scrutiny. every financial institution is doing crimes, getting 3 letter agencies poking around is a very good way to lose your career.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Lol it's going to be this, but the opposite

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Subvisual Haze posted:

CEOs of failed banks to be given a stern talking to

enhancing the ability for FDIC to access empowerment to give a stern talking to CEOs of failed banks

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rated PG-34 posted:

it's funny that they're threatening tiktok after the revelations of the twitter files as the threat of tiktok is obviously more free speech.

that's why the govt. is trying to rope it into a purchase by u.s. buyers rather than eradicating it outright; just think of the zoomers it can actively censor & control info for if it's not owned by a country hostile to the u.s.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

affordable access to stern talking to

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

it should be impossible, if I understand things right (lmao) for Schwab eating poo poo to wipe out my meager 401k. excited to see how I’m wrong about this!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Penisaurus Sex posted:

the guy who makes money when everyone else loses money invites questions about how they were so smart.

even if it’s just a bet and gut feeling it invites scrutiny. every financial institution is doing crimes, getting 3 letter agencies poking around is a very good way to lose your career.

Nobody's gonna be asking questions after you make some donations.

I mean if you're that dumb to not do that, then yeah you'll get screwed over that way

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

claw back better

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's loving awesome my employer moved our 401k program to Schwab this month. Fantastic timing guys :thumbsup:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

anime was right posted:

they wont do this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

why don't they just send Hillary to tell the banks to cut it out like last time, it worked so well

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Capital in the 21st Century by Piketty has sat unread on my shelf for like seven years. is it relevant, useful today?

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Capital in the 21st Century by Piketty has sat unread on my shelf for like seven years. is it relevant, useful today?

Piketty also has econ brain worms in that he thinks things can be reduced to formulae

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Nothus posted:

It's loving awesome my employer moved our 401k program to Schwab this month. Fantastic timing guys :thumbsup:

my understanding is 401ks are not comingled with the brokerage’s own funds so them going out of business just means your 401k assets get moved ~*~somewhere else~*~ but what do I know. mines in Schwab too lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Part of why Burry swung harder libertarian is he got really aggrieved about the IRS and SEC crawling up his butthole. (He was already libertarian in the first place, but it didn't help.)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

that's why the govt. is trying to rope it into a purchase by u.s. buyers rather than eradicating it outright; just think of the zoomers it can actively censor & control info for if it's not owned by a country hostile to the u.s.

if we get rid of tiktok who is doing to reveal the secret existence of giants among us

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Beached Whale posted:

Piketty also has econ brain worms in that he thinks things can be reduced to formulae

from what I vaguely recall, he falls into the "capitalism can work we just need to regulate and do [list of things that have obviously never happened and never will]" camp. like Liz Warren but with a Marxist flavor

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Part of why Burry swung harder libertarian is he got really aggrieved about the IRS and SEC crawling up his butthole. (He was already libertarian in the first place, but it didn't help.)

Burry isn't really Libertarian

Most finance bros will say they are libertarian, but they are not.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I watched 1 (one) Mark Blythe video and now YouTube won’t shut the gently caress up about him to me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr Hootington posted:

Burry isn't really Libertarian

Most finance bros will say they are libertarian, but they are not.

regulations that make me poorer: bad
regulations that make me richer: good

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1636765110529146882

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

anime was right posted:

regulations that make me poorer: bad
regulations that make me richer: good

He is also extremely pro police and pro prison system .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

dads friend steve posted:

I watched 1 (one) Mark Blythe video and now YouTube won’t shut the gently caress up about him to me

delete the video in your watch history