Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ex post facho posted:

Kith could reload fighting lion so fast

ophidians with a reloader mod puts it at the same speed it was before the nerf and i will die mad knowing that only warlocks get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Re: Synthos/Glaive nerf

Bungie: Titans is the melee class
Titans: Ok we'll make melee builds
Bungie: How dare you?!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Why are streamers like this.

https://twitter.com/Gladd/status/1636470842379960326?t=AQjprZfa5n6fgahN7SkB0Q&s=19

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HidaO-Win posted:

Re: Synthos/Glaive nerf

Titans: Ok we'll make melee builds
Bungie: How dare you?!

Titans: So it should be viable to melee bosses right
Also Bungie: haha stomp
Additionally Bungie: btw gonna make it so you can't physically reach a bunch of bosses
Bungie As Well: oh and enemy melee attacks will one-shot you right through your Melee Resist on higher difficulties

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I did the whole solo flawless lost sector thing. It sucked tbh. Even on the easiest lost sectors the fact that being even 19 light levels below was tedious in terms of time. I'm not an amazing player, but it just took forever.

If they're gonna make it harder I get it (except maybe guarantee an exotic to make it actually worth it) but maybe make it a decent delta instead of the weird as hell choice they made? The average player isn't gonna hit pinnacle cap, so to get to ten below that's powerful cap plus 20 on the artifact.

If they wanted us to mainly do these at the end of the season then:
1. Why?
2. Probably say that
3. Need more than a chance at an exotic at the end of the season, bud

Maybe Hero and Legend and Master should mean the same thing across all things? If Legend means -15 delta everywhere else, why doesn't it mean it in Lost Sectors? I'd appreciate more consistency.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

My Titan is LL 1785. If I transfer an 1885 gun to my ~1750 Warlock, do I just start getting higher level drops on the warlock?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

My Titan is LL 1785. If I transfer an 1885 gun to my ~1750 Warlock, do I just start getting higher level drops on the warlock?

Yes guns are shared across characters and affect light level. It makes rerunning the campaign a breeze because your first character/highest light level weapons just spike the rest of your gear up as they equalize.

THAT SAID the new loadout system broke how this works so if your highest light level guns are on one character the other two characters don’t recognize it. So make sure your highest level weapons are vaulted or on the character you’re playing. It’s also why in-game loadouts break if the weapons you save are on another character.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

I think some streamers see increased accessibility as a threat to their bottom line. If anyone can do x then they probably don't need to watch the streamer do x. And that thinking leads to dumb poo poo like arguing against common sense changes to a system Bungie slapped random numbers on.

It's especially stupid because I think the raid was easy because Bungie ran out of time and just had to push something out the door. Like, I don't think Bungie deliberately made it easy given all their other decisions in Lightfall.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

Maybe Hero and Legend and Master should mean the same thing across all things? If Legend means -15 delta everywhere else, why doesn't it mean it in Lost Sectors? I'd appreciate more consistency.
Ah, but you see legend difficulty is different to a legendary activity. Which is of course completely distinct from the legendary campaign. Perfectly clear. See also activities designed for 1600 power that boost you to 1780 and then reduce that by -15.

Mind I can't think of many legends where the hero hides behind a wall taking half an hour to chip away at the enemy, nor can I think of many involving running around in a circle until the one ability that does any meaningful amount of damage is recharged.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Gladd in particular is the dumbest most elitist piece of poo poo in addition to being a misogynist weirdo and I’m praying on his downfall every time I’m reminded he exists

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The weird thing is I think the hardest content should be the hardest content. Hero being -5, Legend being -15, Master is -20, Grandmaster -25. Yeah honestly, sounds good. I rock around Hero a bunch, part of me kind of wishes Adept still existed and was -5 and Hero was -10 just so the jump between Hero and Legend wasn't so big.

But I like the difficulty being raised. Rewards being unreliable and sometimes lackluster is another, related but distinct, discussion. But I don't think there's a problem with the end game content being difficult. I also don't see a problem with a raid being "too easy" because it was "more problem solving than combat". Well, okay, who cares?

Stuff like the LLSs are so out of place and fucken weird. If everything that is -5 is Hero then it's cool to know, yeah, anything labelled Hero is content I can do. Maybe Legend is a doable thing, awesome, I know where I'm at. but having everything be labelled weirdly separate to each other is just confusing.

Part of me wonders if Lost Sectors are the way they are because if they weren't then besides timegating people til they hit powerful cap then light level really is pretty much pointless. The maximum effectiveness targets for Grandmasters this season are 1815. That's just the powerful cap, plus 15 artifact levels, which for anyone considering Grandmasters is not gonna be an issue by the time they open. In fact outside of Lost Sectors I don't know if there's a single point to going past the powerful cap besides bragging rights any more?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They just kinda goofed on Legend being 1830. It should be 30 points off of Master, not 10

Setting Legend at 1810 would've been in line with historical practice and gotten people ready for more new content faster and not burned out from running old stuff for Powerfuls

That's it! I knew something seemed off about the power levels in Lost Sectors this season. I should be now (1802+Artifact) able to relatively easily do a legend and struggle through a Master. Tried doing the legend Quarry last night and everything just had way too much health. It would be great to see this returned to previous levels.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

loving blues dropping like candy for me again last night out of the blue was hilarious

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
gently caress all your postmasters, I want the purple drop rates we had end of last season back. I don't give a poo poo how many shards everyone loses.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Number crunchers are reporting for duty
https://twitter.com/skaryton/status/1636525869387718656?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I would like legend lost sectors to be at 1800 and the other, harder version to be at 1820

That would be nice, yet still challenging.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why’s the best way to level weapons? I’d love to Striga to 10 for its catalyst

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Run there seasonal playlist, it gives bonus weapon XP

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I think TO and the Big Vex Event each give a decent chunk on completion.

https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1636719963078639617?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

He’s right and he should say it!!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Is there a good guide for people like me who are stuck between the soft cap and the hard cap and don't really know what to do?

I'm on a Titan if it matters. My current exotic setup is Dunemarchers + Monte Carlo which isn't my favorite but it has some good synergy and the Dunemarchers are solid stats so w/e.

I feel like I understand the build stuff fairly well, I'm rocking Void with a grenade specific build. I can poop out orbs and be throwin' grenades like they're candy, so I think i have an alright grasp on Armor Charges and all that good stuff.

What I feel like I'm missing is how to get resources like upgrade modules, enhancement prisms, and generally just start ekeing my light level up past 1760ish. I've tried some seasonal activities and the matchmade 1770 ones are doable but maybe a still too difficult. Done with the Lightfall campaign on the Titan too.

Do I just slam vanguard activities and bounties mostly? Like I don't think I'm at a point where I can farm LLSes and get better exotics quite yet. :shrug:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

On top of what other info is about to follow, be sure to masterwork your ghost and equip all the mods to increase prism and upgrade module drops.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Bleck posted:

Is there a warlock exotic worth using that isn't Nezarec's Sin.

Warlocks be feasting, buddy.

Starfire reigns supreme, if you remove it from the equation then Rain of Fire and Sunbracers make for perfectly viable solar builds.
Contraverse is still excellent for constant giant vortex grenades and Verity's Brow is right there for a different flavor of making GBS threads out grenades.
Osmiomancy defines stasis warlock by making GBS threads out bleak watchers, and now you have Ballidorse for an instant swap in the same slot to boost up your super.
Arc is in a bleh spot, but Fallen Sunstar does some work to keep your neutral game going.
Necrotic is carrying strand warlock, and Eye of Another World is also great with the strand kit.
Ophidians dominate PvP and Transversive are excellent all over. The Stag used to be great in PvP, but I don't know how the sandbox and damage breakpoints have evolved now.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

syntaxfunction posted:

Part of me wonders if Lost Sectors are the way they are because if they weren't then besides timegating people til they hit powerful cap then light level really is pretty much pointless. The maximum effectiveness targets for Grandmasters this season are 1815. That's just the powerful cap, plus 15 artifact levels, which for anyone considering Grandmasters is not gonna be an issue by the time they open. In fact outside of Lost Sectors I don't know if there's a single point to going past the powerful cap besides bragging rights any more?

The one place where it matters being at the Pinnacle cap is Trials of Osiris, which is just lol. I assume it's an artifact of them trying to cut down on f2p cheating, but I feel that's accomplished equally well by the requirement for Lightfall ownership to play and they never relooked at it.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I think TO and the Big Vex Event each give a decent chunk on completion.
Yeah, TO gives you 30% on each equipped weapon per chest pull, so if you do the three-pulls-per-run trick, you get 90% per weapon per TO run. I've been doing that to boost some of the more annoying weapons to level up, like snipers and GLs.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

if you can handle the farming, running Terminal Override and getting the chest 3x will gain 1 weapon level every time (particularly efficient if you've got 3x crafted weps equipped)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kith posted:

Titans: So it should be viable to melee bosses right
Also Bungie: haha stomp
Additionally Bungie: btw gonna make it so you can't physically reach a bunch of bosses
Bungie As Well: oh and enemy melee attacks will one-shot you right through your Melee Resist on higher difficulties

Wait, hold on hold on, you bring up a good point here. Why aren't there Titan stomp attacks?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ACD0 feedback fence is the titan stomp attack

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Waffle House posted:

Wait, hold on hold on, you bring up a good point here. Why aren't there Titan stomp attacks?

Closest things we've got are the initial slam of Fists of Havoc, the Ballistic Slam melee, and Thundercrash. Also

haveblue posted:

ACD0 feedback fence is the titan stomp attack

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kith posted:

Closest things we've got are the initial slam of Fists of Havoc, the Ballistic Slam melee, and Thundercrash. Also

This is a good point, including the ACD0s. Bummer, though, it'd make a fun roaming super to have a barroom brawl style beatdown orgy with haymaking punches, ground-slamming kicks, and maybe judo tosses.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

Warlocks be feasting, buddy.

Starfire reigns supreme, if you remove it from the equation then Rain of Fire and Sunbracers make for perfectly viable solar builds.
Contraverse is still excellent for constant giant vortex grenades and Verity's Brow is right there for a different flavor of making GBS threads out grenades.
Osmiomancy defines stasis warlock by making GBS threads out bleak watchers, and now you have Ballidorse for an instant swap in the same slot to boost up your super.
Arc is in a bleh spot, but Fallen Sunstar does some work to keep your neutral game going.
Necrotic is carrying strand warlock, and Eye of Another World is also great with the strand kit.
Ophidians dominate PvP and Transversive are excellent all over. The Stag used to be great in PvP, but I don't know how the sandbox and damage breakpoints have evolved now.

Fallen Sunstar + Delicate Tomb will get you more nades per min than any solar build, and you can take that to the vault.

It revolves around special ammo though. Builds that need special more than others feel insanely strong for most content, but can sputter out hard whenever you dont have it.

Osteo + Grips builds are popular because theyre extremely reliable, and heavy on collateral damage. But their single target dps is poop and they just dont have that “things killed per minute” forward velocity that special ammo builds have when getting into the flow.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Verity's Brow is right there for a different flavor of making GBS threads out grenades.

Verity's Brow would be good if they could buff its appearance

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

Roctavian posted:

Verity's Brow would be good if they could buff its appearance

I refuse to ever use starfire protocol despite it being the best because it is so ugly and dominates the entire look.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016

Macichne Leainig posted:

Is there a good guide for people like me who are stuck between the soft cap and the hard cap and don't really know what to do?

On the Destination/Map screens find all the things with gold stars next to them and do as many as you can each week. They will give you the powerful/pinnacle rewards to raise your level. Some of them are casual, some are much harder - make sure you read what each one says to do specifically and ask if you have questions.

At this point all the other stuff: resources, exotics, etc. will come along with doing the powerful/pinnacle activities.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Macichne Leainig posted:

I'm on a Titan if it matters. My current exotic setup is Dunemarchers + Monte Carlo which isn't my favorite but it has some good synergy and the Dunemarchers are solid stats so w/e.

I feel like I understand the build stuff fairly well, I'm rocking Void with a grenade specific build. I can poop out orbs and be throwin' grenades like they're candy, so I think i have an alright grasp on Armor Charges and all that good stuff.

What I feel like I'm missing is how to get resources like upgrade modules, enhancement prisms, and generally just start ekeing my light level up past 1760ish. I've tried some seasonal activities and the matchmade 1770 ones are doable but maybe a still too difficult. Done with the Lightfall campaign on the Titan too.

Do I just slam vanguard activities and bounties mostly? Like I don't think I'm at a point where I can farm LLSes and get better exotics quite yet. :shrug:

I use https://destinyoptimizer.com/ to give me a checklist for the week.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

Crown-Splitter is the titan stomp attack

:getin:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

sure okay posted:

Osteo + Grips builds are popular because theyre extremely reliable, and heavy on collateral damage. But their single target dps is poop and they just dont have that “things killed per minute” forward velocity that special ammo builds have when getting into the flow.
For Gambit, I found a glaive + Grips to be super effective, to the point that Osteo felt unnecessary. Either surrounded on Kelgoroth, or Close to Melee on the seasonal weapon, the Massacre medals were dropping like rain.

It's stupid easy to grind gambit ranks this week, if you care about things like getting all the ornaments for the seasonal weapon. I got from Brave 2-ish to Mythic-3 in about 3 hours.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah but that's three hours of playing gambit that I could spend doing anything other than playing gambit.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gambit is the best game mode though

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of