Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

oi they nicked me nickel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Labor can always choose mass suicide. Dead men do no labor.

We kind of already are.... isn't there a dramatic increase in "deaths of despair" lately?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

im_sorry posted:

We kind of already are.... isn't there a dramatic increase in "deaths of despair" lately?

yes. suicide/alcohol/drug overdoses are up substantially. 2022-3 stats are wild

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Eric Cantonese posted:

Your asset holdings and account balances would have to be pretty out of the ordinary to not be covered by the protection given by FDIC and SIPC. Plus, securities you bought through a Schwab account are your assets and they would be treated separately from Schwab's own assets (and probably just moved somewhere else somehow).

I know I sound clueless here, but I don't know why Schwab is getting a version of the FRC/SVB treatment as Schwab is run quite differently and has a much different kind of depositor base.

(Please, God, don't make me a Jim Cramer with respect to this.)

unless it turns out schwab was just going hog wild with people's assets like a shady crypto exchange

which would both be really bad and really funny

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Deaths of despair started going up mostly among middle-aged white men 2010-2012 but it's since extended to everyone! good poo poo

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Xaris posted:

Yeah. Also, you can't labor if you don't exist, and with there not being a future, more people are deciding not to (or are financially unable to) have kids.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How do you pronounce Suisse anyway?

Soo Eees?

Swees?

Swiss?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

life expectancy in the US is dropping like we just decommunized

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Soo Eees?

Swees?

Swiss?

Sus

Apr 7, 2003

selec posted:

post-1992 Russia levels of years lost because people couldn't be asked to not go to Applebee's three times a week lmao

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

remembering the time that cspam found the landlord thread in BFC and having a chuckle. that said I DO NOT endorse raiding the "Fundamentals Are Sound" thread

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
that thread has incredible D&D vibes. It's like they rolled it right off the D&D factory line

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
we love our strictly moderated threads with threats and admonishments right off the bat, don't we folks

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Soo Eees?

Swees?

Swiss?

"Swiss" if you're talking in English and "Swees" if you're speaking French

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

selec posted:

my favorite life expectancy factoid is that McDowell county, West Virginia has a lower male life expectancy than Burma.

*Wrong country that has been embroiled in decades of civil war, my mistake.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

remembering the time that cspam found the landlord thread in BFC and having a chuckle. that said I DO NOT endorse raiding the "Fundamentals Are Sound" thread

did the landlord thread get goldmined or anything i missed out on it

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
SVB employees blame remote work for bank failure

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/17/svb-employees-blame-remote-work-for-bank-failure

Two thoughts: it's been a week since a major bank failed, so it's time for everyone to move on. And also, lol

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

ya know just gonna throw out there that Luksusowa vodka is fantastic for the price, its quite shocking actually

don’t kill urself on smirnoff

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

What does it feel like to make $36,000 in New York City?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

1glitch0 posted:

feels like living in a hovel in jersey and commuting 3 hours into work every day

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

did the landlord thread get goldmined or anything i missed out on it

it got closed iirc but there were some real choice discussions about how to properly get out of negligence claims, how to explain jacking up prices and blaming it on increased taxes etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Casey Finnigan posted:

feels like living in a hovel in jersey and commuting 3 hours into work every day

you can also have 4 roommates

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Jon Irenicus posted:

I don't, tell me more.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Soo Eees?

Swees?

Swiss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwBfGQJhDT8

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mr Hootington posted:

Please do not invade BFC. 🙏

Don’t worry, this thread is 100% more awesome, with 100% less baby BJ fans in it.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

half the forums come charging for that guy

Apr 7, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Median household income in NYC is $70,663, or about $4k more than Pittsburgh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"I don't think this is good for America," says man who profited off a bank run.

https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1636786186084548608

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jon Irenicus posted:

fwiw very few people from CSPAM "invaded" that thread, the people showing up to poo poo on the cockroaches were just general forums posters who organically discovered the bedbug parasite thread, but regardless CSPAM still got blamed for the landlord thread being killed.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

it seems like the people who have puts that expire today on the failed banks can't actually close their position. lmao.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fidelityinvestments/comments/11tydhx/halted_stocks_and_option_securities_what_to_know/

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
its good that bfc has a thread where people can talk about their 10 thousand dollar tables without having to deal with a bunch of poor assholes making fun of them for it imo

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Soo Eees?

Swees?

Swiss?

rhymes w/ sluice

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

CSPAM ... got ... the landlord ... killed.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i wish i had ten thousand dollars

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1636807112062844937?s=20

thin wafer cookie
Mar 17, 2023
:jerkbag:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

First Republic down 33% today lmao, so if the rumors are true I guess BofA will be getting it for cheap at least!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

He is also extremely pro police and pro prison system .

these are classic libertarian positions

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

if you ask me, we need to return to our gloried past. really amp up masculine ideals, strong workers in the lands - pride. get rid of all the hunch-backed finance crooks.

I wonder if this approach has ever been tried before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Deaths of despair started going up mostly among middle-aged white men 2010-2012 but it's since extended to everyone! good poo poo

Equality in action.