Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1636802153296560155

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What the gently caress

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
WHAT THE gently caress

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

External Organs posted:

What the gently caress

Escobarbarian posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god damnit :smith:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
drat :(
This makes me want to re-watch Fringe

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wow, that news hit me like a drat brick in the face. I'm stunned.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
holy fuckin gently caress noooooooo

genuinely enjoyed watching him every time he was on screen

drat that sucks

RIP to one of the greats

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

God this loving sucks. He was only 60. gently caress!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

That sucks

... Was he still that shredded like some kind of god in his late 50s?drat

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

drat that's outta nowhere

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New thread title please

drat this one hurts, such an amazing performer, incredible in many iconic roles and elevated many lesser works with his sheer force of presence. So loving good in CORPORATE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

gently caress this

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I saw him trending and figured he'd been announced in something awesome. Literally yelled 'gently caress no!' when I saw why.

Gutted, 60 is loving nothing.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

gently caress this

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
my own sense of mortality has been hosed up by this to be honest

I'm just stunned. gently caress : (

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I gotta get my cholesterol checked...

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Well that sucks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Natural causes". I'm trying to be more sanguine about death because, well we all gotta go, and so when an accomplished performer dies at the age of 85 or 90 or whatever, I try to think "what a great run" because really that's the best we can all hope for. But this one is making me sad, like Chadwick Boseman or Bowie.

Anyway, he was one of my favorite character actors and absolutely elevated every movie or show he was ever in. RIP

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chubby Henparty posted:

That sucks

... Was he still that shredded like some kind of god in his late 50s?drat

Not much could have pulled me back to getting invested in them but I felt for a while I wish he'd do a couple movies as a mcu villain and get set for life.

Absolute tragedy, he was even funnier than he was dramatic if that makes sense.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Dude what the actual gently caress

He elevated every single thing he was in, and he was one of those rare talents who was willing to do serious dramatic roles right alongside weird genre poo poo and bizarre cameos. What a genuinely awful loss all around.

Maybe it’s finally time for a Fringe rewatch.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
MCNUTTY

MY OFFICE

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

John Wick 4 is about to come out too

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
You'd rather live in poo poo than let the world see you work a shovel.

RIP

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bright Bart posted:

Only puppet master serial killer I want to watch is Jessica Fletcher.

e: Speaking of smug criminals, I wonder if having flamboyant Moriarty played by Andrew Scott in the BBC Sherlock will with time be seen as progressive or the death knells of making the villian gay?

Since some of it was written by a gay man and played by a gay man I think it will be fine on that front. But plenty of people have turned on Sherlock in general for being smug and bad now. (I agree the later seasons weren't nearly as good as the first two.)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Sad. He was fantastic.

I'm going to assume a lot more folks that were "healthy" and in their 40's plus will be dying in the next ten years from natural causes, especially when they've had covid more than twice.

Since you know, covid is over and all. Rolls eyes.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

just look at that badass

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Absolute tragedy, he was even funnier than he was dramatic if that makes sense.

https://twitter.com/buffetbreaker/status/1636804609770389518

It was his absolute air of competence and dignity that sold his comedic stuff so well. An amazingly talented actor.

So much disrespect in that salute.

https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1633195814934962178

This is just a couple weeks ago, he sounds like he's in fine health, it must've been sudden.

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 17, 2023

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

isaboo posted:

just look at that badass

Right? The dude also had comedy chops that I was unaware of for a long time. What the gently caress is this?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hate to pile on but:
https://twitter.com/taterpie/status/1636813969150341121

It's one of the uncurable-but-manageable ones, so hopefully he's got some years left.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oasx posted:

drat :(
This makes me want to re-watch Fringe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec-z3Rw_wY8
:(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhvsR7ja63g

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

zoux posted:

Hate to pile on but:

It's one of the uncurable-but-manageable ones, so hopefully he's got some years left.

What the loving gently caress

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Loved him in Bosch too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is loving me up I'm so sad about this. God drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

Hate to pile on but:

One of my closest friends survived for almost five years after he was diagnosed with this. He spent his last few weeks receiving at-home hospice care, but his quality of life was generally pretty good until the treatments in his last year whipped his rear end.