Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ChaseSP posted:

They seemed to believe themselves masters of violence who didn't realize inevitably someone who was a greater master would arrive and crush their morals figuratively and literally. Truly a group of fools.

Sometimes it's worth trying to delay the inevitable. It's why we shower despite the fact that we are destined to become putrescent corpses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Sometimes it's worth trying to delay the inevitable. It's why we shower despite the fact that we are destined to become putrescent corpses.
Counterpoint: Incubus.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Incubus filling another piss bottle as he studies the sword

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

The thing is the only struggle they did was pulping anyone who may have chanced onto it and otherwise sitting isolated from society doing nothing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

who's this we, you got a turd in your pocket

if so yeah take that shower

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ChaseSP posted:

The thing is the only struggle they did was pulping anyone who may have chanced onto it and otherwise sitting isolated from society doing nothing.

And if they didn't do that some idiot would have become a Solomon David sooner

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

YaketySass posted:

Incubus filling another piss bottle as he studies the sword

Unrelated to the comic but it's close to 30 years later and I still can't believe a music video for a song called Piss Bottle Man got regular play on Muchmusic

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Vote.

-Ki Rata Monks

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Exactly, since basically everything in the comic so far has seemed to imply that this is the most royal state of all.

I'm at least 85% sure theres a word for this in Finnish that translates almost directly to underpants drunk.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
The two most Royal nations are Finland and Korea, which is why they had the finno-korean hyper war thousands of years ago and are now drunken failures

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

And if they didn't do that some idiot would have become a Solomon David sooner

Gosh better just let a whole planet die then

Do you not think SD wishes there wasn't already an SD at the time

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I'm at least 85% sure theres a word for this in Finnish that translates almost directly to underpants drunk.

In English we just call it a goon.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Victis posted:

Gosh better just let a whole planet die then

Do you not think SD wishes there wasn't already an SD at the time

Let me put this differently, there might have risen another ravager like Jantris with the power of Solomon David rather than someone as high minded as SD. And even someone as high minded as SD ended up making a mess of things.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1636809167028535302

e: they're all so loving cool

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 17, 2023

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
This. This right here. This is The Good poo poo.
I'm especially loving the way the rain outlines Alison's ghost arm and leg, summoned by sheer willpower and furious dumbassery.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Her job is standing up. Reality can handle the making-sense-of-it part.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
maaaannnnnn look at how good this all looks

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Oh gently caress yes, ghost limbs vs. ghost sword WHO'S GONNA WIN

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

This is such a rad sequence, between both Alison just essentially willing herself limbs and Maya just casually brawling balanced on her head.

I bet losing to Maya in a swordfight drove Incubus nuts. I wonder if he couldn't kill her even with his other powers or was prevented (by his own motives or otherwise).

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

proof that you don't need ever increasing spectacle to make a fight cooler then the last

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

incredible edit

also didnt notice the phantom limbs in the rain before, goddamn insane page sequence. This last book is going to be a masterclass

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ashcans posted:

This is such a rad sequence, between both Alison just essentially willing herself limbs and Maya just casually brawling balanced on her head.

I bet losing to Maya in a swordfight drove Incubus nuts. I wonder if he couldn't kill her even with his other powers or was prevented (by his own motives or otherwise).

expect they have some sort of 'I can't kill you, that'd be too quick' type arrangement

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Fuuuuuuck yeah right into my veins

Maya just headstanding the whole time because screw gravity

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

rain on the phantom limbs is so loving cool

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
sufficient powerful kung fu is indistinguishable from looney toons slapstick

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1636810330415194115

Not to beat a dead horse but this comic loving rules

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Welp, Allison looking to have another phantom limb with that last taunt.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
they’re gonna start hurling frictionless spherical cows at each other

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This whole sequence fuckin rules.

The phantom limbs in the rain.

Maya just calmly standing on her head while deflecting kicks.

Then instantly getting serious after the taunt.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
This is the best comic, scientifically speaking.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think one of the blogs mentioned that inky’s mastery of the head of john renders him immune to decapitation

was wondering if that’d ever come into play

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think he's immune to decapitation in the sense that his head is indestructible and losing it won't kill him. But it probably really pisses him off.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Maya's breakdancing style rules, her deciding to stop loving around and break out the sword of maybe ought to make Allison afraid but she's too dumb to realize it.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
it would suck to lose your head but its supremely cool to slide across the way on it in the rain

this world is a land of contrasts

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I find it interesting that Incubus didn't kill Maya even though he "thrashed me within an inch of my life." Was she able to escape or is Incubus unwilling to kill Maya?

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I think he's immune to decapitation in the sense that his head is indestructible and losing it won't kill him. But it probably really pisses him off.

If you dropped Incubus' severed head into a pool of molten iron and let it harden, could he escape from it?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Brought To You By posted:

Welp, Allison looking to have another phantom limb with that last taunt.

My guess is that Allison is going to block the blade with her phantom arm. She doesn't know she's not supposed to be able to block it, so she's going to block it with an arm that in the heat of the moment, she forgot she doesn't have.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

paranoid randroid posted:

sufficient powerful kung fu is indistinguishable from looney toons slapstick

At the risk of quoting myself;

Wyld Karde posted:

"Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully. Observe how it is used for the same purpose a cat might use a cast-iron frying pan to bludgeon a mouse."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Hundreds of posts trying desperately to define what is and is not Royalty, and one comic serves it up perfectly.

A furious dumbass standing on limbs she does not have, versus a fat old noodle vendor balanced perfectly on the top of her head. Why is this possible? gently caress you, that's why. What is possible can SMDFTB.